PDA

View Full Version : Arabs vs Enigmas - Post Match Thoughts

Sylar
16-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Well, just back in from the game and I have to say, we were absolutely rank rotten. I've seen us a fair few times this season, but that was absolutely dreadful today.

If Derek Riordan isn't dropped for the next game, I'll begin to question Yogi's sanity as a manager, as he was the laziest, gutless b*****d on the park today. He was at fault for the goal, he was at fault for Rankin getting booked (as he cleaned up Derek's mess) and done sweet FA in between. His free kick was his only positive contribution. He shirked tackles, stood still after passing the ball, instead of moving into space, and pissed and moaned as usual when it didn't go the way his genius mind envisaged :rolleyes:

Zemmama is making a little habit of getting "hamstring injuries" whenever he comes up against a defender he can't handle - he done very little today, and I wasn't at all suprised when he claimed he was injured, so he could hide on the bench. Yogi needs to either drop him, or shove a large size 9 up his arse!

I don't mean to single them out, as only 3 or 4 (Smith, Murray, Hogg and Thicot) get pass marks from me, but both of their performances were particularly vile.

We got exactly what we deserved today. Nothing.

Biggie
16-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, just back in from the game and I have to say, we were absolutely rank rotten. I've seen us a fair few times this season, but that was absolutely dreadful today.

If Derek Riordan isn't dropped for the next game, I'll begin to question Yogi's sanity as a manager, as he was the laziest, gutless b*****d on the park today. He was at fault for the goal, he was at fault for Rankin getting booked (as he cleaned up Derek's mess) and done sweet FA in between. His free kick was his only positive contribution. He shirked tackles, stood still after passing the ball, instead of moving into space, and pissed and moaned as usual when it didn't go the way his genius mind envisaged :rolleyes:

Zemmama is making a little habit of getting "hamstring injuries" whenever he comes up against a defender he can't handle - he done very little today, and I wasn't at all suprised when he claimed he was injured, so he could hide on the bench. Yogi needs to either drop him, or shove a large size 9 up his arse!

I don't mean to single them out, as only 3 or 4 (Smith, Murray, Hogg and Thicot) get pass marks from me, but both of their performances were particularly vile.

Jesus...better get your tin hat on as you've slaughtered he who shall not be slaughtered....away and pick another scapegoat. :wink:

Mikey_1875
16-01-2010, 05:39 PM
So it was as bad as it sounded on the radio then.

I think the formation needs to be sorted out as in the first half Stokes is isolated because he is the one central forward which means the direct game can't happen. Then we have the two (Riordan and Zemama) you have mentioned on the wings who obviously havent turned up at all today meaning we have no width the formation intends. I reckon these two carry quite a bulk of responsibility for the last few poor performances.

I would have a solid 4-4-2 but it is hard to accomodate our players into this formatiom so we need a couple of signings probably at right back being a priority.

Ed De Gramo
16-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Spot on...Deek was rotten and either needs moved up top or benched...right now i hope its the latter

Jim44
16-01-2010, 05:40 PM

:agree::agree::agree: I've often suspected that Zemmama was a bit of a malingerer and I'm disappointed to realise this might be true. I totally agree about Riordan. He's a luxury we can no longer afford and I would drop him for a few games. He brings nothing to our games at the moment and we need players who will fight for the shirt which he is not interested in doing.

NAE NOOKIE
16-01-2010, 06:41 PM
This result was no surprise.

Our performances over the last few weeks have been at best average and it doesnt matter how many times Yogi threatens to ditch the ones who regularly dont measure up unless he actually does it.

Where is the spark and urgency on the pitch. The lack of that has been our biggest problem, we seem to rumble through games without pace or passion.

Since the game at Ibrox we just seem to have been slowly deteriorating and I for one would give the players out of 10.

Maka .... 4 ...... 3 duff games for every good one
Stack .... 6 ..... Looks like a decent keeper, when fit
Smith ..... 0 or 10 ... Too soon to judge

Wotherspoon ..... 6 .... Will be a player, but lacks experience of R back
Bamba ....... 8 ..... Cant fault him a lot, even when we got cuffed 4 - 1
Hogg ...... 6 ...... Average, but does his best. Not captain for me.
Murray ... 7 .... 100% every game and has played well ( Captain )
Hanlon .... 5 .... Cant see what the fuss is all about, but young yet.
McCormack ... 5 .... Same as Hanlon.
Cregg .... 5 ... Looked OK to me, but Yogi thinks different.

Zemmama .... 5 .... Just about our most talanted player, when fit, when can be bothered, when its not Ramadan. What a let down.
Rankin .... 5 ..... 100% effort, 60% ability
McBride .... 7 .... Has fitted in really well and it seems we have a problem without him in the team.
Miller .... 6 .... Flashes of real talent, but seems to have very little impact in big games.
Nish .... 5 .... Slow and with the ball conrol of Douglas Bader, rubbish in the air for a big guy and falls down if you look at him.
Stokes ... 7 .... scores and about the only guy who seems to have imroved over the last couple of months.
Riordan ... 3 then 7 .... Does he need a shot in the centre, wasted on the left. Goes missing, but then always has. He should be the luxury we can afford.
Beiji ... 4 ... A waste of wages ( 2 Goals in 07 LCF gets him 4 )

Thicot ... 3 .... We have a problem at C/H and he still cant get a game. Why ?
Stevenson ... 3 ..... He must think, why cant I get a sniff when we have been so poor recently?
Byrne ... 0 or 10 .... Must think he will never get a chance.

Yogi.
Its time for him to ditch the " we will always score coz of the players we have" mantra and realise that he needs to build a team that can play through the midfield and down the wings, with only two forwards to put the ball into the net.

But IMO he is still the man to do that job.

rubber mal
16-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I actually thought Riordan played ok today - I certainly wouldn't single him out for criticism. Opinions eh?

I thought Liam Miller & John Rankn were dreadful, offered no protection to the defence and were completely bossed by Buaben & Gomis.

Special mention for Thicot, who I thought did very well when he came on.

Houchy
16-01-2010, 07:15 PM
:agree::agree::agree: I've often suspected that Zemmama was a bit of a malingerer and I'm disappointed to realise this might be true. I totally agree about Riordan. He's a luxury we can no longer afford and I would drop him for a few games. He brings nothing to our games at the moment and we need players who will fight for the shirt which he is not interested in doing.

On a different note but still relative to us, I found it interesting to see that Mancini had Replaced Santa Cruz with Robinho but took him back off shortly after half time as he didn't look interested.

Normally you can tell if deeks is going to play or not within the first 20 minutes. If he's having one of his "can't be arsed days", I think he should just be hooked next week.:agree:

If Mancini can hook £32m (?) Robinho and deal with him, I'm sure Yogi can deal with a petulant Deek.

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 07:17 PM
A lot of credit for Hibs 'bad' performance today has to go to the officials who were abysmally stievie wondresque, especially the far side linesman who got nothing right all day long, even the referee, who was equally blind and pish, had to overrule several times out of sheer embarrasment. Second half only one team deserved to win. A draw would have been a fair result. Time wasting tactics of United went unpunished all day long. Dirty bunch of thugs, especially the Kovakevic character, no 5, I think!!

Mikey_1875
16-01-2010, 07:22 PM
On a different note but still relative to us, I found it interesting to see that Mancini had Replaced Santa Cruz with Robinho but took him back off shortly after half time as he didn't look interested.

Normally you can tell if deeks is going to play or not within the first 20 minutes. If he's having one of his "can't be arsed days", I think he should just be hooked next week.:agree:

If Mancini can hook £32m (?) Robinho and deal with him, I'm sure Yogi can deal with a petulant Deek.

I agree with you fully that Deek needs to pull the finger out, but the only problem with it is that how many times have you thought 'oh here we go again deek cant be arsed' and then just pulls a goal from nowhere without contributing much else to the game.

I think he's a natural striker but with Stokes up there now and pretty similar to deek in playing style then it will be interesting to see what happens because he is not a LM imo.

stu in nottingham
16-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Nish .... 5 .... Slow and with the ball conrol of Douglas Bader, rubbish in the air for a big guy and falls down if you look at him.

Not that much like Bader then... :cool2:

cleanyman
16-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Absolute garbage.
Couldnt pass, couldnt tackle. No fight, no desire.
As for Riordan? Less said the better.

18Craig75
16-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Agree re. Riordan. Shocking performance today. I've been reluctant to criticize him recently as i felt he hadn't been getting enough service. However, today what a disappointment he was. Pulling out of tackles, passing the ball and standing still, moaning at everyone if a pass wasn't within a couple of inches of him, scared to take his man on. VERY disappointing from him.

He was the worst of a bad bunch however. We looked like we were shocked that Utd had the audacity to get in about us and put some pressure on us. Well guess what, we don't have the right to knock the ball about at will and expect the game to fall into our hands.

Why is there even Discussions regarding Murray's new contract? He should be the highest paid at the club. Looked as if he was the only one today willing to work that wee bit harder or contest that 50/50, even 40/60's at times, but we've come to expect that.

Another positive was Thicot, I'm sure everyone was as surprised as me to see him stripped @ ht, but thought he showed enough to suggest he may have a bright future!

So disappointed after watching that. Hopefully Yogi gets torn into them because performances like that, and our previous 3/4, are not good enough!

Lofarl
16-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Gotta say I thought Rankin was very very poor today. Which is a shame as I like his enthusiasm. But everything he touched never seen to go his way.

Lots of Hibees in the stand got on his back about it, myself included. But it was a poor display from Hibs this season. Smith, Wotherspoon and murray aside.

Yes the atmosphere was kinda poor but what we saw on the pitch hardly inspired.

Mikey
16-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Derek Riordan's a striker and has been played out of position all season. With the exception of the 2nd half today that is!

When Zemmama went off we were in trouble as Benji isn't a straight replacement. Going to 3-5-2 at HT made sense with what we had available. I'd like to see that formation again, but this time with Cregg and McBride replacing Benji and Rankin as that would give us much more presence in the middle of the park.

Del Boy
16-01-2010, 08:35 PM
well beaten today, keeper stopped it being a gubbing. Embarassing performance from some of our "star" players.

jdships
16-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I actually thought Riordan played ok today - I certainly wouldn't single him out for criticism. Opinions eh?

I thought Liam Miller & John Rankn were dreadful, offered no protection to the defence and were completely bossed by Buaben & Gomis.

Was in Dundee visiting a friend I couldn't see over the festive period and we took in the match
This , due to health/weather, was the first time I have seen Hibs play live since November.
I am not given to slagging off players/managers but todays midfield was "powder puff" and just lacked drive .
You can't expect to score goals if no one is providing the "ammunition"

:confused:

NAE NOOKIE
16-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Not that much like Bader then... :cool2:

I just knew someone would do that. You get a coconut.

If you want an example of will to win, determination, guts and self belief read Reach for the Sky. Forget the Battle of Britain stuff which constitutes most of the film, the part ofthe book before that is the best part.

Anyway ..... About Hibs :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2010, 09:55 PM

You sure you were at Tannadice today if you thought Deeks was ok? If you play a middle three, not only do they need to be busy players but the wide players in the front three need to track back and give a bit of cover and try and pin players back on the flanks. Deek doesn't do that. Our tactics, gameplan and appreciation of how the home team would play were badly misjudged.

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Hibs players - garbage bar Smith
Hibs fans - garbage inc me

ref - garbage

D Utd - reasonable
G Utd fans - reeasonable

Full Time Supporter
16-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I was sitting at the front of the lower sesction. In the first half Deeks was getting more and more frustrated at the lack of service he was getting from the midfield. He obviously doesn't want to play on the wing, we don't want to see him play out there. I can understand his frustration.