PDA

View Full Version : John Hughes

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-01-2010, 04:08 PM
ok big man, now go out and do what you said you would and get these passengers out of ER

:grr:

Jim44
16-01-2010, 04:11 PM
ok big man, now go out and do what you said you would and get these passengers out of ER

:agree: You've got 9 out of 10 for talking the talk, but you're definitely on a downward spiral trying to walk the walk.

shamo9
16-01-2010, 04:11 PM

If he wants a list I'm sure Hibs.net can oblige... :wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-01-2010, 04:14 PM
If he wants a list I'm sure Hibs.net can oblige... :wink:

aye and it is...

Rankin
Benji
Zemmama
Cregg
Nish
Deeks needing his erse felt on the bench

The_Horde
16-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Rankin, hogg, benji, ZEMMAMA (bottle merchant). Anybody else?

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-01-2010, 04:17 PM

Forgot about Hogg, a glass or six of red wine clouding my brain at the mo :agree:

hibbie02
16-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Forgot about Hogg, a glass or six of red wine clouding my brain at the mo :agree:

Maka usually gets a shout around now..........

MSK
16-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Rankin, hogg, benji, ZEMMAMA (bottle merchant). Anybody else?Think its too cold for the wee man ...perhaps a bath in deep heat before a game might do him some good !! :greengrin

Last Minute

so much for him wanting to repay hibs and the fans for letting him have some time awy to get his family problems sorted:grr:

IWasThere2016
:agree: You've got 9 out of 10 for talking the talk, but you're definitely on a downward spiral trying to walk the walk.

:agree: It is all wind n pish unless it happens on the park!

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Maka usually gets a shout around now..........

Was talking about todays players but yes him anaw!

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Petrie, get the cheque book and the duds oot! :grr:

heretoday
16-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Hughes can't do anything overnight. Anyone looking for instant gratification is supporting the wrong club!

He's doing ok.

greenlex
16-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Hughes can't do anything overnight. Anyone looking for instant gratification is supporting the wrong club!

He's doing ok.
Well said. this time next season he should perhaps be being judged.IMO. even then it might be wise to wait till the end of that season.:agree:

Biggie
16-01-2010, 04:38 PM
The trouble is with spineless performances like this, who'd want them !

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-01-2010, 04:43 PM

He's doing ok.

Agreed of course but just want him to stand by his word, very happy to have him as manager but he must see who's pish and who's not as we do

:wink:

Andy74
16-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I am sure he will do but it will take time. Still, we will always have good spells then not so good spells.

He has to have the opportunity to get rid of people and get others in that he wants that can be a far longer process than anyone wants but doesn't mean he doesn't know what needs done. He works everyday with these guys and knows a lot more than we do about them.

cabbage07
16-01-2010, 04:51 PM

He's doing ok.
Yip cant argue with that but he could do better for himself by playing players in there proper postions

stubru59
16-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Me thinks some on this board are lacking a little patience. Nobody doubts some of our players are not up to the mark.

But getting rid of players is lot easier said than done. This is only Hughes's second transfer window and few would deny he has added quality.

He has also got rid of some the deadwood and you can be sure others will follow.

The process of shaping up or shipping out will take time. Expecting it to be done in 6 months or thereabouts is simply not realistic.

It will done. It might just take little more time than some of us would like.

weonlywon6-2
16-01-2010, 05:02 PM

He's doing ok.

yep agree, i`m sure yogi doesnt need to be told what needs to be done

need a signing this week !

down-the-slope
16-01-2010, 05:02 PM
when all is said and done....there's been more said than done (so far)

Yogi has progressed things far quicker than the biggest optomist could have expected in such a short time......but I think he knows now there are a few who will not do whats required and will be moved on in one way or another.

IWasThere2016
16-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Why an untried 4-1-4-1 first half then untried 3-4-3? Signs of a man wi nae idea of his best XI or formation.

fatbloke
16-01-2010, 05:28 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2311942]I am sure he will do but it will take time. Still, we will always have good spells then not so good spells.

Since a certain day in 2007 we have had the odd good day, the odd very good day littered with a mixture of absolute ****** and some really desperate performances. We are in danger of ending up a laughing stock just image that bellend KT's face right now. Was not at Tannadice today - a spend of £600 a year on season tickets for me and mine shows my commitment to the cause before anyone starts about being a non-fan - however my daughter and others have told how bad it was.

He has to have the opportunity to get rid of people and get others in that he wants that can be a far longer process than anyone wants but doesn't mean he doesn't know what needs done. He works everyday with these guys and knows a lot more than we do about them.[/

So we can expect a few taxis to depart from East Mains with a few occupants inside.

So far this season we have swapped the mediocrity of Mixu for the mediocrity of Mr Hughes. Much more like this and we will be turning the west stand into replica of the east and not the other way about.

Was looking for a good year being my 50th of watching my beloved Hibs but....Sorry becoming rather quickly disappointed and disillusioned - again.

Leithenhibby
16-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Any transitional period at any club in the world takes time, and our club is no different.

JH is, and will continue to do a very good job for this club and to even think that it will all fall into place over such a short period of time is just madness. :grr:

It is as plain as the nose on your face that players need to be bought / sold, and I for one have every faith in this man.

He knows full well what he wants.

Patience, springs to mind..

Shrekko
16-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Any transitional period at any club in the world takes time, and our club is no different.

JH is, and will continue to do a very good job for this club and to even think that it will all fall into place over such a short period of time is just madness. :grr:

It is as plain as the nose on your face that players need to be bought / sold and I for one have every faith in this man.

He knows full well what he wants.

Patience, springs to mind..

Well said!

This forum is an utter joke at times. Hibs fans in general are ridiculous at times- where was the encouragement today from most of them?

I actually thought today wasnt too bad- narrowly beaten away from home by a decent side. If we'd sneaked a goal no doubt everyone would be over the moon. We were dire in Aberdeen but everyone was rejoicing.

We're challenging for 3rd but the knives are out already-brilliant.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE=Andy74;2311942]I am sure he will do but it will take time. Still, we will always have good spells then not so good spells.

Since a certain day in 2007 we have had the odd good day, the odd very good day littered with a mixture of absolute ****** and some really desperate performances. We are in danger of ending up a laughing stock just image that bellend KT's face right now. Was not at Tannadice today - a spend of £600 a year on season tickets for me and mine shows my commitment to the cause before anyone starts about being a non-fan - however my daughter and others have told how bad it was.

He has to have the opportunity to get rid of people and get others in that he wants that can be a far longer process than anyone wants but doesn't mean he doesn't know what needs done. He works everyday with these guys and knows a lot more than we do about them.[/

So we can expect a few taxis to depart from East Mains with a few occupants inside.

So far this season we have swapped the mediocrity of Mixu for the mediocrity of Mr Hughes. Much more like this and we will be turning the west stand into replica of the east and not the other way about.

Was looking for a good year being my 50th of watching my beloved Hibs but....Sorry becoming rather quickly disappointed and disillusioned - again.

Rubbish, if Yogi could have started this season with a set of players that he has now, and added to them, we would be top of the league. This kind of mediocrity i can take. UNDER MIXU WE AERE ***** MOST OF THE TIME, AND TOP 4 PLACES WERE NEVER ON THE AGENDA. Now we have a set of players who are better, but remember we were missing the 2 best players of this season today, and last week. We still have some of the dross of last season, but they will be replaced. Some people are never pleased.

benji49
16-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Think its too cold for the wee man ...perhaps a bath in deep heat before a game might do him some good !! :greengrin

Typical we lose against a decent utd side and the knives are out.:bitchy:
Be wanting rid of yogi next.
Cant believe this thread.
Still above the yams.

Westie1875
16-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Still above the yams.

With a game in hand over them and the Arabs, win that and we'd be back in 3rd.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 05:50 PM
With a game in hand over them and the Arabs, win that and we'd be back in 3rd.

Dinnae and the alarm bells start ringing :greengrin

Many ****in points have they smellie hearts ****s accumulated threw penaltys?:bitchy::bitchy:

And the reckon there's a conspiracy :bitchy:

fatbloke
16-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Still above the yams.

Same decent utd sde that lost 7 to the currants and got humped by the sheep. DU not a decent side pretty workmanlike and ordinary. Bottom line today if we had won we could have finished their 3rd place challenge, however as per usual when the crunch comes........

Dashing Bob S
16-01-2010, 05:57 PM
We need width badly. Hughes won't play Galbraith and we don't have natural wing backs and Riordan is wasted wide left midfield. He should be playing close to Stokes as twin striker.

We need a strong enforcer/ballwinner in the midfield as with the heavy, wet, slow pitches we look increasingly weak against physically bigger teams.

We need to rediscover the work ethic that took us to 3rd.

We need players who can pass the ball.

If McBride is fit, he should be in for Rankin. Now Miller's head is going down through being forced to play alongside a far less competent performer.

Yogi shows he has the bottle to change things. We were better in the second half after not showing up in the first, but still too many elementary mistakes with short passes going astray under no pressure.

If not for Smith, my predication of a 0-3 loss would have come to pass.

col02
16-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Why an untried 4-1-4-1 first half then untried 3-4-3? Signs of a man wi nae idea of his best XI or formation.

:confused: Looked like a 4-3-3 to me first half when we had the ball and 4-5-1 when we did not. Second half it looked like a traditional 4-4-2 and looked a lot better as wide men at last were being closed down as well as our own wide men being able to get forward along with the full backs.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Same decent utd sde that lost 7 to the currants and got humped by the sheep. DU not a decent side pretty workmanlike and ordinary. Bottom line today if we had won we could have finished their 3rd place challenge, however as per usual when the crunch comes........

Wouldnt say they got 'humped' by the sheep, they got beat 1-0 at Tannadice, by the same team we beat 2-0 at Todders.

Utd are a hard bloody side to beat at home, and losing 1-0 is nae great shame, Im sure we will bounce back, still have a game in hand to move 9 ahead of hearts with a far superior goal difference and back 3rd ahead of the Arabs.

Where would Hearts be in the league without penaltys? id say 2 or 3 points of bottom, THATS the difference.

sadtom
16-01-2010, 06:00 PM

He's doing ok.

:agree:
Spot on.
We are WELL ahead of where i expected to be at this point. Its going to take at least a year to get things the way JH wants.
The way some idiots on this board go on you'd think we were arrogant OF vankers.
There is a lot of work to be done and i'm sure yogi knows this but i'm confident that we are heading in the right direction but I would expect MANY ups and downs on the way.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Spot on.
We are WELL ahead of where i expected to be at this point. Its going to take at least a year to get things the way JH wants.
The way some idiots on this board go on you'd think we were arrogant OF vankers.
There is a lot of work to be done and i'm sure yogi knows this but i'm confident that we are heading in the right direction but I would expect MANY ups and downs on the way.

:top marks :agree:

Leithenhibby
16-01-2010, 06:02 PM

Many ****in points have they smellie hearts ****s accumulated threw penaltys?:bitchy::bitchy:

6, 4 League 2 CIS.

Lucky or what..

HibbyAndy
Spot on.

Shrekko
We need width badly. Hughes won't play Galbraith and we don't have natural wing backs and Riordan is wasted wide left midfield. He should be playing close to Stokes as twin striker.

We need a strong enforcer/ballwinner in the midfield as with the heavy, wet, slow pitches we look increasingly weak against physically bigger teams.

We need to rediscover the work ethic that took us to 3rd.

We need players who can pass the ball.

If McBride is fit, he should be in for Rankin. Now Miller's head is going down through being forced to play alongside a far less competent performer.

Yogi shows he has the bottle to change things. We were better in the second half after not showing up in the first, but still too many elementary mistakes with short passes going astray under no pressure.

If not for Smith, my predication of a 0-3 loss would have come to pass.

I agree with all your points except the last one- the Utd goalie played well too and there wasnt much between the teams.

Your point re Miller desperately needing McBride is very valid and I'm very surprised Yogi hasnt gone back to that succesful formula. Rankin for all his undoubted honest toil just makes so many poor decisions and takes far too long to decide what he's going to do which often results in him having no option but to go backwards or just belt it.

Baldy Foghorn

Why did he leave that waster Riordan on, as his two bottled tackles lead to a penalty and a goal.......

MURDER !!!!!!!!!!!

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 06:04 PM
6, 4 League 2 CIS.

Lucky or what..

6 points or 6 penaltys :greengrin

I know what you mean, in my life time hearts have always been lucky barstewards:agree:

When Pressley played for them (add hartley tae) Hearts averaged about 24 pens a season :agree:

Leithenhibby
16-01-2010, 06:18 PM
6 points or 6 penaltys :greengrin

I know what you mean, in my life time hearts have always been lucky barstewards:agree:

When Pressley played for them (add hartley tae) Hearts averaged about 24 pens a season :agree:

Very Conservative estimate I would say...:wink:

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Very Conservative estimate I would say...:wink:

You ken what a mean :greengrin

Toaods
16-01-2010, 06:28 PM
not based on today, as I wasn't there but I'm astounded Zemmama was playing he has been struggling for the last few weeks.

McBride looks fit enough but doesn't get on (as Cregg was a long time ago)

If Galbraiths injured why haven't we been told?

v Hearts "I felt sorry for big Nishy as he was dropped, he's probably been our best player these last few games" :confused:

League position has been good and results have been good in the main without being fantastic but Tony Mowbrays old favourite 'the performance level' has been stinking for a wee while now.

I think that we are a bit more inconsistent than results have shown so the close of the window will provide a pointer as to how good a manager he is.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 06:33 PM
not based on today, as I wasn't there but I'm astounded Zemmama was playing he has been struggling for the last few weeks.

McBride looks fit enough but doesn't get on (as Cregg was a long time ago)

If Galbraiths injured why haven't we been told?

v Hearts "I felt sorry for big Nishy as he was dropped, he's probably been our best player these last few games" :confused:

League position has been good and results have been good in the main without being fantastic but Tony Mowbrays old favourite 'the performance level' has been stinking for a wee while now.

I think that we are a bit more inconsistent than results have shown so the close of the window will provide a pointer as to how good a manager he is.

Galbraith is not injured, and he can't believe he is not being given a chance........

Toaods
16-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Galbraith is not injured, and he can't believe he is not being given a chance........

I was very encouraged by what I saw of him, it simply doesn't make any sense.

benji49
16-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Why did he leave that waster Riordan on, as his two bottled tackles lead to a penalty and a goal.......

MURDER !!!!!!!!!!!

Right enough should have put you on, maybe hes having a wee bad patch.
Give it a rest mate.
Call urself a hibby.

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2010, 06:42 PM

I am not saying he should be in the team but Galbraith is our only natural wide player and has looked the part every time he has come on and it is strange given our lack of width that he doesn`t even find a place on the bench even against the likes of Medda. Zemmama is obviously struggling with an injury and only Yogi can say why he persists in playing him.

Hibs On Tour
16-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Harsh IMHO. He's having to juggle the team a little through drops in form and injuries. No-one would argue we've been murder recently but have managed to dig some points out throughout that, which is usually regarded as a good sign. To sum it up, we're well ahead of where any of us likely thought we'd be by this stage this season, so lets all leave the knee-jerk stuff to the melons across the city, no?

I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple of ins and a couple of outs in this window, in my mind I trust Yogi on the evidence thus far that this will strengthen us further. Let's just see instead of panic stations eh?

2 defeats in 15 is it? Hardly the end of our season is it...

Toaods
16-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I am not saying he should be in the team but Galbraith is our only natural wide player and has looked the part every time he has come on and it is strange given our lack of width that he doesn`t even find a place on the bench even against the likes of Medda. Zemmama is obviously struggling with an injury and only Yogi can say why he persists in playing him.

I think Yogi tries to make as little change as possible to the starting eleven, even when it's called for.

Stokes would have been better getting bled into the 90 minutes games rather than left to run himself out of steam every week. No way should Zemmama be starting with this ongoing injury/strain, he's not been right since he overstretched hitting that crossfield ball with the outside of his foot at ER.

Glad to hear Thicot done fairly well today, he has had a raw deal from Hughes IMHO.

Rankine is allegedly fit as a fiddle but his passing is simply dire as is his shooting bar the odd long distance strike. I watched the Hamilton game this afternoon and the commentator was talking of Alex Neil who was deployed in midfield today. Seems Billy Reid thinks very highly of this former-Mansfield player and the commentator stated that Yogi had been praising his contribution in last weeks game v Rangers. I thought to myself,hmmmmm a wee buzzbomb that tackles and barely lets a pass go astray and can play as effectively in midfield in a scarp as at sweeper when you're under the cosh. Just what we need.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Right enough should have put you on, maybe hes having a wee bad patch.
Give it a rest mate.
Call urself a hibby.

Oh yes I am a hibby, a big hibby at that, but don't like witnessing players bottle tackles......

Are you suggesting that I am not a hibby...:faf::faf::faf:

Give a rest:faf::faf:

Hainan Hibs
16-01-2010, 07:01 PM
It's time to drop one of the three strikers that play. It might also give an added bonus of a boot up the arse to the two that do play as they know their names are not guaranteed to be on the team sheet.

We are getting bossed and ran over in midfield, we need a solid midfield 4 especially away from home or the strikers will be up front feeding off scrappy punts up the park.

Time to go back to basics with a solid 442.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:03 PM
It's time to drop one of the three strikers that play. It might also give an added bonus of a boot up the arse to the two that do play as they know their names are not guaranteed to be on the team sheet.

We are getting bossed and ran over in midfield, we need a solid midfield 4 especially away from home or the strikers will be up front feeding off scrappy punts up the park.

I concur:top marks

benji49
16-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh yes I am a hibby, a big hibby at that, but don't like witnessing players bottle tackles......

Are you suggesting that I am not a hibby...:faf::faf::faf:

Give a rest:faf::faf:
And ive never bottled one either bud.
Not saying your not a hibby but why slag him off.
He will be back.
Less of the wee gay laughs.:grr:
Im just racked off:boo hoo:
SORRY

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I think Yogi tries to make as little change as possible to the starting eleven, even when it's called for.

Stokes would have been better getting bled into the 90 minutes games rather than left to run himself out of steam every week. No way should Zemmama be starting with this ongoing injury/strain, he's not been right since he overstretched hitting that crossfield ball with the outside of his foot at ER.

Glad to hear Thicot done fairly well today, he has had a raw deal from Hughes IMHO.

Rankine is allegedly fit as a fiddle but his passing is simply dire as is his shooting bar the odd long distance strike. I watched the Hamilton game this afternoon and the commentator was talking of Alex Neil who was deployed in midfield today. Seems Billy Reid thinks very highly of this former-Mansfield player and the commentator stated that Yogi had been praising his contribution in last weeks game v Rangers. I thought to myself,hmmmmm a wee buzzbomb that tackles and barely lets a pass go astray and can play as effectively in midfield in a scarp as at sweeper when you're under the cosh. Just what we need.

The last thing we need is another "wee buzzbomb" A 6 foot plus attacking midfield player that doesn`t get brushed aside would surely be better.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Correct.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:05 PM
And ive never bottled one either bud.
Not saying your not a hibby but why slag him off.
He will be back.
Less of the wee gay laughs.:grr:
Im just racked off:boo hoo:
SORRY

Im racked off too, but DR bottled two challenges today, which lead to a penalty and a goal......

Not acceptable.........

benji49
16-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Im racked off too, but DR bottled two challenges today, which lead to a penalty and a goal......

Not acceptable.........
Maybe got a party the night:grr:
**** knows

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe got a party the night:grr:
**** knows

No maybe about it...........It happened.............

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 07:11 PM
The last thing we need is another "wee buzzbomb" A 6 foot plus attacking midfield player that doesn`t get brushed aside would surely be better.

Alan Gow. :agree:

sahib
16-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Hughes can't do anything overnight. Anyone looking for gratification is supporting the wrong club!

He's doing ok.

:wink:

allmodcons
16-01-2010, 07:23 PM

What a pile of pish!!

PapillonVert
16-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Crikey, are Hibs' fans the most impatient and demanding fans this side of the Mississippi?

Hughes himself has been saying constantly that he doesn't expect high (league) achievement this year, presumably because he has worked out the scale of the job he has to do. He has to build his own team but that will take time.

He will know in his own mind who he doesn't want but, due to the law of contract, he may not be able to get shot of those he would love to see the back of. And the current financial situation means that until he can get the deadwood out, he is limited as to who he can bring in.

Give the guy a break. This is a work in progress in difficult circumstances.

One thing you can be sure of is that there is no-one who wants Hibs to do well more than Yogi and there is no-one who will work harder than he to achieve it.

jdships
16-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I am sure he will do but it will take time. Still, we will always have good spells then not so good spells.

He has to have the opportunity to get rid of people and get others in that he wants that can be a far longer process than anyone wants but doesn't mean he doesn't know what needs done. He works everyday with these guys and knows a lot more than we do about them.

Yet again I agree with what you write :thumbsup:
The man's been in the job for just a few months let's see what happens by the end of the season.

:flag:

Toaods
16-01-2010, 07:52 PM

I didn't say 'another' one and you are obviously not familiar with Neil or you would realise he is exactly the type of player we do not have in our midfield.....:wink:

majorhibs
16-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Not just the amount of penaltys, which the ginger minge has a lot more success converting than he does water bottles in tunnels, but how many times, this season & last, have you seen them go 1 up early and just knew that was it, they will shut up shop and just hang out for that 1 goal win, fair play they are successful at it but if ever a manager and a style of play were ideally suited its that shower - the most boring, predictable, dour supporters & team ever to darken a Scottish league since diddy mcdonalds thugs of the 80´s, youve got to hand it to them, they definitely are unique! And welcome to each other! :jamboclow

NAE NOOKIE
16-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Meethinks that the problem is that for a good bit of the season it has looked like we were really going to do something this year and European football at least could be on the cards.

For the last few weeks we have been hoping agains hope that Hibs would get through this bad patch of form without the results going against us.

Now it looks like the bad results are starting and our form doesnt look like improving so its no surprise that folks are getting the jitters and perhaps over reacting. Myself included.

Part of trouble is that we still have the problem we had under Mixu and that is a powder puff midfield who have a real problem trying to win a scrap, we need a big guy in there.

Our movement in midfield and up front when we do have the ball is poor because none of our front 3 are very mobile.

I for one trust Yogi to fix this and would guess that he is pretty sure who he wants out and who he wants in.

I still think he has to play two up front with a bit more width added. E.G. Galbraith and a wide right midfield player with a bit of pace, whoever that might be.

IWasThere2016
16-01-2010, 08:33 PM
FFS - a simple orthodox 4-4-2 is as plain to see as the day is long

I didn't want Yogi but I want the man to succeed and some!

That was pish today - pish!

We have players who are significantly better than that performance .. So who's to blame?

Mikey_1875
16-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I think someones head will roll this week after the last few performances. Yogi wll stick to his word. The only question is who's? :hnetinq:

Andy74
16-01-2010, 08:55 PM

We have players who are significantly better than that performance .. So who's to blame?
We do on paper I suppose but then mcbride is key for us and not yet back fit enough. Zemamma has been pretty key for us and seems constantly injured.

Bamba has been vital and has been missing and then Murray has been shifted from left back where he has been excellent.

That's meant hanlon coming in who is a kid not yet ready or good enough and on the right dee is not really a right back and will struggle to be consistent at his age.

So, do we really have all the players that Hughes would want even from our current squad?

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 08:56 PM

Not acceptable.........

You keep banging on about this, I take it the fact Hogg actually fouled the boy for the penalty has, convieniently, escaped your attention..

Why ignore the facts when you've got a opportunity to slate Riordan..

benji49
16-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Not just the amount of penaltys, which the ginger minge has a lot more success converting than he does water bottles in tunnels, but how many times, this season & last, have you seen them go 1 up early and just knew that was it, they will shut up shop and just hang out for that 1 goal win, fair play they are successful at it but if ever a manager and a style of play were ideally suited its that shower - the most boring, predictable, dour supporters & team ever to darken a Scottish league since diddy mcdonalds thugs of the 80´s, youve got to hand it to them, they definitely are unique! And welcome to each other! :jamboclow
FFS mate they aerses got 3 we got SFA today or maybe you missed that.
Are you blinkered in to this yam crap, you seem more bothered about them.
Were you at the game today, i was not cos my wife was working.
sick about yam yam yam

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Number_10;2312314]You keep banging on about this, I take it the fact Hogg actually fouled the boy for the penalty has, convieniently, escaped your attention..

Why ignore the facts when you've got a opportunity to slate Riordan..[/QUO

If DR actually never shirked the tackle, then the attack would never have started, or has this conveniently escaped your attention??????

Expecting Rain
16-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Yogi has done an excellent job so far against all the odds, at this time last year we were playing a vital match away to Hamilton for the right to battle it out with the rest of the dross for a place in the 1st division, thankfully Riordan scored and we could relax a bit.
The managed forewarned us of ups and downs during the course of the season, he `s still settling into the job and will get rid of players in due course and next season will be even better.
If players like Miller,Riordan, Stokes and Zemmama are not deemed good enough, then i suggest their critics should take up following Barcelona,adios amigos.

1875 NO 1
16-01-2010, 09:27 PM

good post.

IWasThere2016
16-01-2010, 09:46 PM
We have players better than the SPL.. And some natural footballlers .. eg Riordan, Stokes, Miller etc

It should be better than it is IMHO

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 09:57 PM
We do on paper I suppose but then mcbride is key for us and not yet back fit enough. Zemamma has been pretty key for us and seems constantly injured.

Bamba has been vital and has been missing and then Murray has been shifted from left back where he has been excellent.

That's meant hanlon coming in who is a kid not yet ready or good enough and on the right dee is not really a right back and will struggle to be consistent at his age.

So, do we really have all the players that Hughes would want even from our current squad?

Spot on. And without setting the heather on fire, this team with a few additions, that were bloody awful last season, has managed to get us into a european place. This is after just 1 repeat 1 transfer window. I think some people prefer it it when we are toiling.:confused:

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 10:04 PM
We have players better than the SPL.. And some natural footballlers .. eg Riordan, Stokes, Miller etc

Agree 100%, but do we have too many similar players? Well maybe not too many coming to think about it, but Riordan and Stokes doesn't seem to work, if one of them had a player like GO'C beside them they'd be scoring alot more IMHO.
Disclaimer: I know Deeks is played out of position but you know what I'm getting at.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Spot on. And without setting the heather on fire, this team with a few additions, that were bloody awful last season, has managed to get us into a european place. This is after just 1 repeat 1 transfer window. I think some people prefer it it when we are toiling.:confused:

Come on Gary, nobody in their right mind would prefer it when we are toiling.......

IWasThere2016
16-01-2010, 10:08 PM

FFS Andy - for as long as I can remember you have been an apologist for everything Hibs .. save for Ian Murray (who you fail to acknowledge) and you preach for everlasting angelic patience!

That was pish today - it has been similar for weeks! No quite Mixuesque but a fart away from it!

We've needed a CH and a RB for 3 managers plus and a steady 4-4-2 .. HTF can anyone miss that?!?

We went 4-1-4-1 (untried) and then 3-4-3 (untried) in a 6 pointer .. that's gash .. utter gash .. by anyone's standards!

I am 100% Hibs - always have been - always will be - but that was garbage today ..

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Come on Gary, nobody in their right mind would prefer it when we are toiling.......

Well its something i have been accused of, and that was when we were toiling, that was when we were hopeless, and challenging :faf: for that coveted top 6 place.

hfc rd
16-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Come on Yogi, get rid of the deadwood - like Rankin, Maka, Benji etc. And start bringing in some decent players before it is too late. If we are to play like the way we have been in the past few weeks, then there is going to be no European adventure to look forward to next season.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Well its something i have been accused of, and that was when we were toiling, that was when we were hopeless, and challenging :faf: for that coveted top 6 place.

You must have taken a whack to the head, as you are much more positive these days..............

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 10:22 PM
You must have taken a whack to the head, as you are much more positive these days..............

Not at all, i can just see where we are going. I can see the manager has brought in better players, i can also see we have Bamba out, along wiyj McBride. We also have Murray in the middle covering, while having to play 2 kids at full back, and none of them are full backs. So concidering that, and Zemamma struggling, i think we are doing a bloody good job so far. 2 defeats in 15, its an awful record.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Not at all, i can just see where we are going. I can see the manager has brought in better players, i can also see we have Bamba out, along wiyj McBride. We also have Murray in the middle covering, while having to play 2 kids at full back, and none of them are full backs. So concidering that, and Zemamma struggling, i think we are doing a bloody good job so far. 2 defeats in 15, its an awful record.

Or two defeats in our last three league games and one win in our last five league games...

Stats are wonderful things. :greengrin

fatbloke
17-01-2010, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=PapillonVert;2312186]Crikey, are Hibs' fans the most impatient and demanding fans this side of the Mississippi?

I would not call a combined wait of almost 170 years to win our national cup ( how many times have we *****ed up - DAFC, DUFC - especially in the last few years) or top division (when was the last time we were in with a realistic chance of winning the league with 7 or 8 games to go) and still turning up year after year as we have done being impatient. All connected with HFC as in players and people who are at the club must decide are we challengers or just playing for the sake of picking up a wage packet then moving on to the next employer. Do some of the current squad not want to be winners in case we want it again and again. Exactly what are we scared of as I can see nothing in the SPL to be scared of.

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:15 AM
I think the defeat at home to Rangers was pivotal as since then we've declined. That was the most important game of the season, not today's game. Now, we're just back to slugging it out with the best of the rest.
As somebody pointed out, the Old Firm are there for the taking, we just don't seem to have the balls to do it.

MSK
17-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Still above the yams.Aw wheesht man ..my post was light hearted !!!..:bitchy:

lapsedhibee
17-01-2010, 06:30 AM
I would not call a combined wait of almost 170 years to win our national cup ( how many times have we *****ed up - DAFC, DUFC - especially in the last few years) or top division (when was the last time we were in with a realistic chance of winning the league with 7 or 8 games to go) and still turning up year after year as we have done being impatient. All connected with HFC as in players and people who are at the club must decide are we challengers or just playing for the sake of picking up a wage packet then moving on to the next employer. Do some of the current squad not want to be winners in case we want it again and again. Exactly what are we scared of as I can see nothing in the SPL to be scared of.

What a strange concept, a combined wait. If the intent is to present Hibs in a worse-than-reasonable light, why not add in another couple of years for the League Cup and a hundred odd for the Glasgow Cup? That way it's not far off 300 years since we were any good.

If you wait 20 minutes for a bus and then three come along all at once, does that mean you've waited an hour? :confused:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Or two defeats in our last three league games and one win in our last five league games...

Stats are wonderful things. :greengrin

Or 4th with a game in hand, should we win we go 3rd. A lot more satisfying than fighting for that coveted 6th place, wouldn't you agree?

Sir David Gray
17-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Or 4th with a game in hand, should we win we go 3rd. A lot more satisfying than fighting for that coveted 6th place, wouldn't you agree?

Absolutely.

I said last season when Mixu and a couple of the players kept talking about the top six as if it was some kind of achievement to be there, that there is no way that anyone at Hibs should view being in the top six as something to be proud of.

Our place in the top six should go without saying and I fully expect Hibs to be challenging for 3rd every season. We won't get 3rd all the time and sometimes we will end up 4th, maybe even 5th, because there are three or four sides who will all target a 3rd place finish as well but it's vitally important to me that 3rd is always our aim and that every year we try to cut the gap on whichever half of the OF finishes in 2nd place.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Absolutely.

I said last season when Mixu and a couple of the players kept talking about the top six as if it was some kind of achievement to be there, that there is no way that anyone at Hibs should view being in the top six as something to be proud of.

Our place in the top six should go without saying and I fully expect Hibs to be challenging for 3rd every season. We won't get 3rd all the time and sometimes we will end up 4th, maybe even 5th, because there are three or four sides who will all target a 3rd place finish as well but it's vitally important to me that 3rd is always our aim and that every year we try to cut the gap on whichever half of the OF finishes in 2nd place.

Spot on, we should always be challenging for 3rd/4th place and we are. Do these moaners not realise, if we had won the games we have lost, we'd be challenging for the title, and what right do we have to do that?:confused:

3pm
17-01-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't think that anyone should be that surprised about the sticky patch that we are going through at the moment. I have posted before that we are not the team that some on here suggest - by the same token it's not all doom and gloom.

The peformances so far this season have been average overall with a few exceptions of course (Fir Park being the main one) but we have managed to grind out a results. We need to be far better in our overall performance - something I believe that should be easy enough to do with the quality of squad at our disposal. There are a few who do not do enough for 90 minutes at the moment and are going to have to up their game. There are also one or two that need to be moved on.

There are attributes in our squad that need addressed and if Hughes manages to successfully plug them it'll make his job easier. I am not a massive Hughes fan - I certainly want him to do well though - but the next 2 transfer windows will have a huge bearing on how succesful he'll be at Easter Road IMO.

If the job was scored on paper talk, he'd be the best manager in the world but it's not and there is hard work work and big decisions ahead. There is an interesting 6-8 months coming up at Easter Road IMO!

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Yogi's first job imho was to make us harder to beat. We were beaten far too easily many times over the last few seasons. Imho he's done ok on that score so far. Its surprising how many points you can pick up if you dont lose.

Sir David Gray
17-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Yogi's first job imho was to make us harder to beat. We were beaten far too easily many times over the last few seasons. Imho he's done ok on that score so far. Its surprising how many points you can pick up if you dont lose.

:agree: At least 38.

:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
17-01-2010, 05:25 PM

We're a work in progress for starters. Yogi has already said he's not where he wants to be, not by a long way. Then, once you take that into account add in the injuries or players returning from injury and not fully fit. Drop in a few players with poor current form [and confidence dropping as a result] and its hardly surprising that we've been pish for a few weeks now.

When you can show me ANY other team that doesn't play below what their level 'should be' with all of the above, then perhaps all of these gripes can be laid at the manager's door. All of this "who's to blame" nonsense is just that IMHO. The walls haven't fallen in on our season just yet, let's stop acting like they have!

For someone who wants Yogi to succeed, you're throwing around suggestions that he doesn't know what he's doing and looking for someone to blame a lot! Suggests more that you'd prefer him to fail, then point the finger at him, then get whoever your preference would have been in... :rolleyes:

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 05:45 PM
i wish u lot would just get off everybodys back......u think it does any1 any good complaining bout everything and everybody.

greenlex
17-01-2010, 05:48 PM
i wish u lot would just get off everybodys back......u think it does any1 any good complaining bout everything and everybody.
Alan? How's Swindon?

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Alan? How's Swindon?

bet he likes it better than where u r

Bostonhibby
17-01-2010, 05:59 PM

:agree:This is a bit like what happened under Mixu though the teams sole response was to just lump it upfield forgetting all about the midfield. Was kind of hoping Hughes would quickly change it when it started but TBH persisiting with Zemmama and Rankin the way we have for as long as we have is disappointing. Most opposition managers, even Shabby have worked us out in midfield and they must all be dlighted to see Deeks starting every time in the role he is. On the strength of what I have seen an ordinary looking Dundee Utd do to us in midfield yesterday by just being bigger and keener to win every ball I don't think we should caRry on as is.

Yogi has got us to a good level but I think he needs to act ruthlessly to push on again.

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 06:03 PM
when zuma was out and not playing every1 wanted him to play? does any1 actually post anything upbeat or positive?

Bostonhibby
17-01-2010, 06:16 PM
when zuma was out and not playing every1 wanted him to play? does any1 actually post anything upbeat or positive?

constructive criticism, driven by a belief that if you don't just pretend everythings fine when it isn't maybe you can help improve it?

I wanted an in form Zuma to play every week, but like any other player I want to play, when they aren't doing so well theres nothing wrong with suggesting that one of our players in waiting should maybe be given a chance, its part of the reason we have a squad - the alternative is to change nothing and keep our collective fingers crossed.

alloa hibee
17-01-2010, 07:04 PM

were fourth in the league, weve been on one of the longest unbeaten spells whch weve had in the SPL and we have a team that are fully capable of doing serious damage to anyone on there day, i think people need to calm down and realise that every team has a bad day, john hughes is the man who has got us challenging for third again, and long may that continue!
:notworthy:

IWasThere2016
17-01-2010, 08:13 PM
We're a work in progress for starters. Yogi has already said he's not where he wants to be, not by a long way. Then, once you take that into account add in the injuries or players returning from injury and not fully fit. Drop in a few players with poor current form [and confidence dropping as a result] and its hardly surprising that we've been pish for a few weeks now.

When you can show me ANY other team that doesn't play below what their level 'should be' with all of the above, then perhaps all of these gripes can be laid at the manager's door. All of this "who's to blame" nonsense is just that IMHO. The walls haven't fallen in on our season just yet, let's stop acting like they have!

For someone who wants Yogi to succeed, you're throwing around suggestions that he doesn't know what he's doing and looking for someone to blame a lot! Suggests more that you'd prefer him to fail, then point the finger at him, then get whoever your preference would have been in... :rolleyes:

What a loada pish!

I would like to be entertained .. just how often has that happened this season? It certainly didnae yesterday ..

And what's with the reluctance to play 4-4-2 in this regard Yogi is Mixu-esque! :confused:

Baldy Foghorn
17-01-2010, 09:39 PM
What a loada pish!

I would like to be entertained .. just how often has that happened this season? It certainly didnae yesterday ..

And what's with the reluctance to play 4-4-2 in this regard Yogi is Mixu-esque! :confused:

He certainly has the same Mixu stubborness, whereby he wont admit when the formation is not working

copycat
17-01-2010, 09:52 PM

How do you know it's untried, for someone who preaches about 'being in the know' you appear to know very little!!

Some of the greatest managers of all time have had a very inconsistent spell mainly the first season while they rebuild and put their own stamp on things, I personally am quite pleased up to know with the way things are shaping up, good signings with more to come I guess, sitting 4th without playing great in a lot of games, I am fortunate to know many people in football and I can assure you they all talk very highly of hibs signings and yogi himself!!

I've watched hibs for over 30 years and can't believe the pish I've read the last couple of days, there are things that need to gel but to for some of the comments people must have very, very short memories!!!

IWasThere2016
17-01-2010, 10:41 PM
How do you know it's untried, for someone who preaches about 'being in the know' you appear to know very little!!

Well, tell me when its been tried then?

Hibbyradge
17-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Stokes hasn't scored for ages.

GTF.

sleeping giant
17-01-2010, 10:48 PM
What a loada pish!

Oh would you now :greengrin

Gies 3 points first , then we can think about entertaining :agree:

IWasThere2016
17-01-2010, 10:52 PM

GTF.

Hibbyradge
17-01-2010, 10:52 PM

You should try going to a game at Easter Road, G.

It's fun. And entertaining.

sleeping giant
17-01-2010, 10:53 PM
You should try goiung to a game at Easter Road, G.

It's fun.

:tee hee:

IWasThere2016
17-01-2010, 11:04 PM

Are you sure? :greengrin

I'll not get seat once East starts ..

Perf next for me I think - has a date been set?

Toaods
17-01-2010, 11:36 PM

aye...the cup stroll v The Medda was a right laugh.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 08:21 AM
What I find strange about Yogi is that he seems like the guy that wouldnt take any shiote! He makes comments about emptying players if they are not up to it, yet he doesnt seem to drop anyone for playing badly. Riordan has been playing badly for weeks now and he hasnt been dropped to the bench for it. Rankin, has been poor but may be getting away with it because of effort. Nish was terrible for a huge part of the season and didnt get dropped, then he starts playing well and gets dropped.!?!?!?!?! We have players sitting on the bench like Thicot, Galbraith and Byrne that can all do a job, but at times Yogi wont even use these players, instead he will shuffle things, playing players out of position. If Yogi has no intention of playing these players why are they at the club?

I am sorry, but sometimes players need to be brought back down to earth by getting put on the bench. Right now it would seem that players can get away with poor performances with no consequences, the main suspect being riordan, although I would say we would get more out of him up top.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 08:42 AM
He certainly has the same Mixu stubborness, whereby he wont admit when the formation is not working

Its not working, i suppose 4th place is not good enough then, and we should be 1st. The system he's been playing HAS worked. Do you remember were we were last season, and the one before?

Why would he change a system thats clearly been working, yes we have had a dip, but surely you understand with the ANC and injuries, we have been weakened, but they will be back soon, and normal service will hopefully be resumed.

And as for people wanting to be entertained, of course we want that, we all want to be entertained, but one step at a time, work in progress and all that. We have become hard to beat. We are up there challenging for europe, entertainment will hopefully be next, but why ignore that when its easy to have a pop.:confused:

scoopyboy
18-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Come on Yogi, get rid of the deadwood - like Rankin, Maka, Benji etc. And start bringing in some decent players before it is too late. If we are to play like the way we have been in the past few weeks, then there is going to be no European adventure to look forward to next season.

How exactly do you get rid of deadwood?

If we don't want them what makes you think other clubs will be queing up to take them?

The easiest way is just to let their contracts run down and I think that is what is happening with Benji and Maka.

Speedway
18-01-2010, 08:44 AM
We need width badly.

Perhaps get Beastie back on a pay as you play deal?

Well don't do it to yourself then. Do other things with your weekends and be happy, there may not be that much time left.

Spot on, we should always be challenging for 3rd/4th place and we are. Do these moaners not realise, if we had won the games we have lost, we'd be challenging for the title, and what right do we have to do that?:confused:

:agree: Ultimately, I think that, had we have lost the games we've won and lost the games we've lost, we'd only just still be ahead of Hearts.

GTF.

copycat
18-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Well, tell me when its been tried then?

Oh dear!!

90% of all tactical changes and formations is done on the training ground and friendly matches; there have been a number of closed door matches at the training centre which these various things have worked out, he also looked at the opposition and saw weaknesses with them and again looked to try something different to catch them out, unfortunately it isn’t quite gelling at the moment but if we are fourth with a game in hand without it gelling I am extremely optimistic for not just the rest of this season but next and the one after that, Dundee utd are a tough team too beat at home and rangers are top of the league, every team has a sticky patch where the form dips or results don’t go there way and we certainly are no different.

I look around the squad and see some real quality players, look at the last few years and all we have bought is total dross which has ended in some of the worst football I have seen, take Mowbray and McLeish out the loop and we have not been great over the past 15 years, hence why I just don’t get the fervent criticism of the team and the manager.

Things are very promising yet the abuse and unbelievable pish from people who clearly have no idea about football or have never watched hibs for any length of time then, all we will do is make people think they are better of plying their trade elsewhere!!!!

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 09:31 AM

If we don't want them what makes you think other clubs will be queing up to take them?

The easiest way is just to let their contracts run down and I think that is what is happening with Benji and Maka.

Yep easy to say and more difficult to do as some players will be on more than they are likely to get elsewhere especially given the economic conditions at present. As you say the easiest way is running down contracts however there maybe the possibilities of using some players as makeweights in deals in or short term loans with an option of selling. Must be one of the most difficult part of a managers job.

Can remember a few years ago a manager taking over at Man City and they had over 50 odd supposed first team players many of which he didnt know were there.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Oh dear!!

90% of all tactical changes and formations is done on the training ground and friendly matches; there have been a number of closed door matches at the training centre which these various things have worked out, he also looked at the opposition and saw weaknesses with them and again looked to try something different to catch them out, unfortunately it isn’t quite gelling at the moment but if we are fourth with a game in hand without it gelling I am extremely optimistic for not just the rest of this season but next and the one after that, Dundee utd are a tough team too beat at home and rangers are top of the league, every team has a sticky patch where the form dips or results don’t go there way and we certainly are no different.

I look around the squad and see some real quality players, look at the last few years and all we have bought is total dross which has ended in some of the worst football I have seen, take Mowbray and McLeish out the loop and we have not been great over the past 15 years, hence why I just don’t get the fervent criticism of the team and the manager.

Things are very promising yet the abuse and unbelievable pish from people who clearly have no idea about football or have never watched hibs for any length of time then, all we will do is make people think they are better of plying their trade elsewhere!!!!

Usually when you talk about a team not gelling is when the players individually are playing well but they just arent linking up well etc. Just now the team looks lazy and tired, players are losing their individual battles, passing is terrible, positioning is terrible etc. earlier in the season I think we werent gelling as we were winning games, players individually were playing well and there was fight in the team. Something is different now as confidence is gone and there isnt the same dig, personally I think some players need a rest, Riordan and Wotherspoon the main ones, but Yogi insists on not resting players even to the bench and the players on the bench dont even get a sniff which must be demoralising to them.

I think Yogi is still the man for the job but I think this is perhaps some in experience on his part. He wont have experienced managerial pressure like this, a club you love, fighting at the top with bad performances. I think he has made bad decisions in selections and tactics, especially in the big games, but I think he will learn and be better for it. I just worry that some of the players may get peed off in the transition.

ahibby
18-01-2010, 10:53 AM
The players at Yogis disposal perhaps don't make up the pool with the ability to play and play certain positions that he is aiming for. I hope that is the case but sometimes I feel that he just doesn't know what to do with the players at his disposal. That's because he has often not used substitutes nor players such as Galbraith, Thicot, Cregg etc. Having said that I am happy that he hasn't used Cregg that much because on the couple of occassions I have seen him he has failed to impress me. I am not as convinced as others that Galbraith would help our cause but I have to stay open minded because he does seem to have the kind of pace that can be a nuisance to opponents and perhaps provide some kind of spark. Every club will have players on their staff that don't get used and I am not just referring to young players so we will be no different. I don't understand why Thicot has been introduced so late in the season when we have been missing Bamba and a right back for many a game. Maybe he should stick with the 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 depending on how you look at it, for a couple of games I think Murray, Hogg and Thicot are capable of looking after the defence against Hamilton allowing Wotherspoon and Hanlon to get up and support the attack.

Hibs7
18-01-2010, 10:58 AM

What complete and utter bull**** he changed the formation at half time on Saturday because he could see it wasn't working. :bitchy::bitchy:

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Oh dear!!

:faf: We have not deployed a 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3 in any training game .. and Saturday was NOT the occasion for experimenting IMHO

copycat
18-01-2010, 12:20 PM
:faf: We have not deployed a 4-1-4-1 or 3-4-3 in any training game .. and Saturday was NOT the occasion for experimenting IMHO

does laughing try and give you some more credibility rather than be a little more constructive, i didnt post anything amusing as i am aware.

oh if you dont think that a football manager doesnt try different formations and tactics then i think i sdhoudl be the one laughing, why do you think friendly and bounce matches against teams are arranged behind closed doors?

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 12:36 PM
does laughing try and give you some more credibility rather than be a little more constructive, i didnt post anything amusing as i am aware.

oh if you dont think that a football manager doesnt try different formations and tactics then i think i sdhoudl be the one laughing, why do you think friendly and bounce matches against teams are arranged behind closed doors?

If you say so ..

Baldy Foghorn
18-01-2010, 12:41 PM
What complete and utter bull**** he changed the formation at half time on Saturday because he could see it wasn't working. :bitchy::bitchy:

Really, I was talking about his stubborness to persist playing DR wide left, over the course of the season when it clearly isn't working......

Stubborn in accomodating the egos.........:bye:

Not just by changing things around at half time on Sutarday

hfc rd
18-01-2010, 12:46 PM

We could release them from their contracts right now and that will give us a fair bit of money to spend on player wages or give Murray the contract extension he deserves.

copycat
18-01-2010, 12:48 PM
If you say so ..

I'm only asking, you laughed as if to insinuate that isnt what managers do, im just curious as to why certain matches have been organised behind closed doors?

You make sweeping statements and the become aloof when asked for more specifics which is a surprise considering you are quick to crow about your so called board meeting where you make the members aware you will be plastering the minutes all over a public, non-offical web-site forum!!!

if i am wildly inacurate then i am more than happy to bow to your knoweledge and an apology will be forthcoming.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm only asking, you laughed as if to insinuate that isnt what managers do, im just curious as to why certain matches have been organised behind closed doors?

You make sweeping statements and the become aloof when asked for more specifics which is a surprise considering you are quick to crow about your so called board meeting where you make the members aware you will be plastering the minutes all over a public, non-offical web-site forum!!!

if i am wildly inacurate then i am more than happy to bow to your knoweledge and an apology will be forthcoming.

Match fitness for those > 19 - who are not playing on a Sat, and for those returning from injury/suspension. I get regular info on training and not heard of any sessions with 4-1-4-1 (as we started) on 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 (as we finished). On the latter, I thought it was an improvement on the first half - that was not difficult. I thought Thicot did very well and Hanlon looked very accomplished also

Caversham Green
18-01-2010, 01:52 PM
We could release them from their contracts right now and that will give us a fair bit of money to spend on player wages or give Murray the contract extension he deserves.

If we released them we'd have to pay up the remainder of their contract unless they agreed otherwise, so we'd actually be reducing this year's budget if those contracts went beyond the summer.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 01:55 PM
If we released them we'd have to pay up the remainder of their contract unless they agreed otherwise, so we'd actually be reducing this year's budget if those contracts went beyond the summer.

Yup, but after January we will need to start looking at that option so that we have more dosh for next season.

Caversham Green
18-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Yup, but after January we will need to start looking at that option so that we have more dosh for next season.

We might release a few players in the last few days of January, or if they find another club before that. After that there's no point until the end of the season, by which time their buy-outs would be cheaper.

Hibs On Tour
18-01-2010, 03:03 PM
What a loada pish!

I refer you to my first line - we're a work in progress.

As for the "loada pish", we'll agree to disagree no? Won't lower myself to saying your view is a load of pish mind you but hey ho you horse on 'cos you're so 'in the know' eh!

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 03:10 PM

We would need to pay up their contracts so no saving as such. :confused:

Bearders
18-01-2010, 05:06 PM
[QUOTE=Hibs On Tour;2314241]we're a work in progress.

Of course we are and Yogi has stated this on numerous occassions.

In his first 6 months, he has "raised the bar" considerably from the end of the Mixu reign. If players are not raising their own game they will drop out of the squad - simple.

What is not so simple is bringing the correct faces in and it is even harder to offload contracted players.

Pig sick of hearing all the gash spouted about Yogi - some of you out there don't deserve him to be here. Those that claim to be in the know and get their cheapies telling us about exclusives need to get a life and realise that the vast majority couldn't give a flying.

For those getting right behind Yogi and Brian Rice, thank you - we need more of you.

Football is about opinions but to be slagging off Yogi when we are sitting 4th in the league beggars belief.

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Are they going to leave for free?

If you decide to release your bench then all you are left with is youth. Yes, the guys on the bench may not be the best but at least they have some experience of playing in the SPL.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I refer you to my first line - we're a work in progress.

As for the "loada pish", we'll agree to disagree no? Won't lower myself to saying your view is a load of pish mind you but hey ho you horse on 'cos you're so 'in the know' eh!

"loada pish" was in reference to the bit in bold. Not all your post. Here it is again ..

I wasn't 'blaming' anyone .. nor do I want Yogi to fail. Hence the bit in bold was pish :wink: :greengrin

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Are they going to leave for free?

If you decide to release your bench then all you are left with is youth. Yes, the guys on the bench may not be the best but at least they have some experience of playing in the SPL.

I think that Yogi has no intention of playing some of the players. He clearly doesnt fancy Thicot but was forced into it on Saturday, Cregg had fallen out of favour and wasnt even getting on as a sub to freshen things up, he never brings Byrne on either and as for Galbraith who knows. I think that we have to keep some players but there is no point in having them, even for a bench, as Yogi doesnt fancy a few of them.

scoopyboy
18-01-2010, 06:36 PM

We could release them from their contracts right now and pay them for the remainder of their contracts which is their legal entitlement.

So how do we save money to give Murray his contract extension?

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I think that Yogi has no intention of playing some of the players. He clearly doesnt fancy Thicot but was forced into it on Saturday, Cregg had fallen out of favour and wasnt even getting on as a sub to freshen things up, he never brings Byrne on either and as for Galbraith who knows. I think that we have to keep some players but there is no point in having them, even for a bench, as Yogi doesnt fancy a few of them.

I understand your point but if we did that we'd be left with no bench. We need to maintain some depth and competition for places, as futile as it might be for some of the guys.

If you're left with a first 11 then who do they train with/against? A bunch of youth players?

It's not as clear cut as getting rid of them because they don't play.

Hibs On Tour
18-01-2010, 10:24 PM
"loada pish" was in reference to the bit in bold. Not all your post. Here it is again ..

I wasn't 'blaming' anyone [ok, suggesting the manager doesn't know what he is doing tactically is what then?].. nor do I want Yogi to fail. Hence the bit in bold was [not] pish :wink: :greengrin

Naw, you say goodbye first! :devil:

Like I said, lets agree to disagree eh?

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Naw, you say goodbye first! :devil:

Like I said, lets agree to disagree eh?

Ok - but I'm right :cool2:

:offski:

Toaods
18-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Do other things with your weekends and be happy, there may not be that much time left.

:faf:

+

[QUOTE=The_Quiet_Man;2314152]Match fitness for those > 19 - who are not playing on a Sat, and for those returning from injury/suspension [QUOTE]

Funny, I was watching Geremi playing for Cameroon last night in the African Nations and the commentator was saying he hasn't had much of a look in of first team action at Newcastle this season an dhad been playing reserve games. Made me wonder if, despite all the wonderings on here as to who we were looking at in the Newcastle ranks, we were probably asked along with a view to getting some much needed mach practice in pre-tournament for Geremi amongst others.

JimBHibees
19-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Really, I was talking about his stubborness to persist playing DR wide left, over the course of the season when it clearly isn't working......

Stubborn in accomodating the egos.........:bye:

Not just by changing things around at half time on Sutarday

Where would you play Deek. Has he not always played his best coming in from the left. Personally think he is a man short up front through the middle or would you play Stokes in the middle with Deek just off and a free role to move wide?

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 04:44 PM
:agree: It is all wind n pish unless it happens on the park!

:agree: :top marks