PDA

View Full Version : Gutless

EasterRoad4Ever
16-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Hamilton 0 v DUFC 1
Yams 1 v St Midden 0
Hamilton 0 v Huns 1

These are the games and scores that win you championships and Euro places - and the kind of results that a gutless Hibs fail to get :grr:

Think the Hibs team had 3rd place already won in the minds !!!!

Baw187
16-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Hamilton 0 v DUFC 1
Yams 1 v St Midden 0
Hamilton 0 v Huns 1

These are the games and scores that win you championships and Euro places - and the kind of results that a gutless Hibs fail to get :grr:

I don't know if it's gutless, rather than just not very good.

Jim44
16-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Hamilton 0 v DUFC 1
Yams 1 v St Midden 0
Hamilton 0 v Huns 1

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that our bubble is well and truly burst and with a bit of luck we will be fighting it out with Aberdeen for 5th and 6th places. Say what you want about them but the Jambos and D Utd. have much more character than us when it comes to the crunch. This is not a knee-jerk reaction, it's an honest opinion based on our performances over the last four games.

shamo9
16-01-2010, 05:09 PM
I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that our bubble is well and truly burst and with a bit of luck we will be fighting it out with Aberdeen for 5th and 6th places. Say what you want about them but the Jambos and D Utd. have much more character than us when it comes to the crunch. This is not a knee-jerk reaction, it's an honest opinion based on our performances over the last four games.

Depends on if we can get a few decent new faces over the coming weeks. Having Bamba, McBride and an effective formation will also help.

hibiedude
16-01-2010, 05:11 PM
It won't be long till someone says that it's all the yams fault.

We have been p1ss poor for some weeks so if your honest it's most fans won't be supprised.

Last Minute
16-01-2010, 05:15 PM
same old hibs here we go again, 3rd place and flying with 15 points above the yams, next thing 4th and down to just 6 points with a game in hand which don't see us winning.

get it sorted yogi ffs:grr:

Golden Bear
16-01-2010, 05:19 PM
If we are being honest then it's been obvious for a number of weeks that the performances have been dreadful.

I heard Craig Paterson on Radio Scotland saying that Hibs didn't play their normal flowing passing game and didn't play with their normal width.

In reality I can't remember the last time we played a fluent passing game and we certainly don't play with any width.

Lady Luck has been on our side on more than a few occasions this season but sadly it can't last for ever.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
16-01-2010, 05:24 PM
We should put our hat in the ring for Jim Obrien and find another striker, a good one!! Just pish! :grr:

hibbie02
16-01-2010, 05:25 PM
If we are being honest then it's been obvious for a number of weeks that the performances have been dreadful.

I heard Craig Paterson on Radio Scotland saying that Hibs didn't play their normal flowing passing game and didn't play with their normal width.

In reality I can't remember the last time we played a fluent passing game and we certainly don't play with any width.

Lady Luck has been on our side on more than a few occasions this season but sadly it can't last for ever.

Careful! I have been tarred and feathered and run out of town for saying that in the past. We were 12 games undefeated don't you know............

sam armstrong
16-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Depends on if we can get a few decent new faces over the coming weeks. Having Bamba, McBride and an effective formation will also help.

Our formation can't work, when we lose the ball we don't defend wide areas at all. Zemmama disappears and Riordan is playing as an outside left. That leaves any two of our midgets to work against normally 4 of the other teams midfielders! Hogg is not good enough and we need a new right back so that Wotherspoon can play wide right in the midfield. Bamba and Hanlon should be our centre backs with Murray at left back. We also need a midfielder with some stature so that we can compete physically in that area.

Steve20
16-01-2010, 05:26 PM
We won't finish top four. Today was a disgraceful performance. For all the praise we get for attacking players, we create nowt going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baw187
16-01-2010, 05:30 PM
We won't finish top four. Today was a disgraceful performance. For all the praise we get for attacking players, we create nowt going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tad premature IMO.

A lot of games to go and a wee bad spell with key players missing and others off the boil aint deserving of the panic stations that are going on here.

I am as dissapointed as the next fan and we defo have to improve. Bur we didn't get to where we are just being lucky. We got there being a tricky team to beat and I am sure we'll get our form back shortly.

Let's remember the other teams are hardly setting the heather alight.

bigstu
16-01-2010, 05:30 PM
we are vastly under achieving, other teams in the spl would bite our hands off for most of our players. we do not create enough chances, there has been few games that we've actually looked like scoring more than a goal.

db03
16-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I think we are in need of a creative midfielder, a center half and a right back. Change the formation to 4-4-2 with derek upfront, not on the left wing where he has been playing lately and then we will have a chance of competing with teams week in week out imo.

Littlest Hobo
16-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Been on the cards for weeks. That's four under par performances from us on the bounce. We normally rely on our strikers producing a moment of magic for us to win games but you can't rely on that all the time. We need to be solid at the back which we are not, and we need to get our passes away in midfield which we don't. All very predictable in my opinion. Quite a few players have done ok over the last few months that probably needed replaced.

I'll start with our Capitano Hogg! Been saying it for ever now, he's no good enough!

Rankin.
Cregg

We need a right back.

We need another centre half.

We need another couple of "quality" midfield players who can play. The type who can make a pass without having to think, the type who can really stamp their authority on a game just as Mikey Stewart done at Easter Road recently.

We could do worse than put in a cheeky bid for him :tin hat:

I'd lay anyone a bet that our football would improve almost immediatly. :thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2010, 05:47 PM

steady on Jim. We did go up to Aberdeen and win 2-0. This is only our 3rd away defeat of the season and there is a long way to go yet. The biggest problem we have is trying to play this supposed passing game on poor mid winter pitches.

db03
16-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Been on the cards for weeks. That's four under par performances from us on the bounce. We normally rely on our strikers producing a moment of magic for us to win games but you can't rely on that all the time. We need to be solid at the back which we are not, and we need to get our passes away in midfield which we don't. All very predictable in my opinion. Quite a few players have done ok over the last few months that probably needed replaced.

I'll start with our Capitano Hogg! Been saying it for ever now, he's no good enough!

Rankin.
Cregg

We need a right back.

We need another centre half.

We need another couple of "quality" midfield players who can play. The type who can make a pass without having to think, the type who can really stamp their authority on a game just as Mikey Stewart done at Easter Road recently.

We could do worse than put in a cheeky bid for him :tin hat:

I'd lay anyone a bet that our football would improve almost immediatly. :thumbsup:

We already have 2 guys more than capable of doing that, Liam Millier and Kevin McBride, unfortunately they are not able to show this at the moment because we play with deeks and zemmama who dont help these guys out, so they are getting made to look like average players being dragged all over the park.

Thecat23
16-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I think we are in need of a creative midfielder, a center half and a right back. Change the formation to 4-4-2 with derek upfront, not on the left wing where he has been playing lately and then we will have a chance of competing with teams week in week out imo.

Spot on mate :top marks

Jim44
16-01-2010, 07:00 PM
steady on Jim. We did go up to Aberdeen and win 2-0. This is only our 3rd away defeat of the season and there is a long way to go yet. The biggest problem we have is trying to play this supposed passing game on poor mid winter pitches.

Well by the time the pitches start to improve, we'll be well and truly Donald Ducked. We lack character and determination.

HFC 0-7
16-01-2010, 07:06 PM
We already have 2 guys more than capable of doing that, Liam Millier and Kevin McBride, unfortunately they are not able to show this at the moment because we play with deeks and zemmama who dont help these guys out, so they are getting made to look like average players being dragged all over the park.

As much as I think Miller and Mcbride are great players the problem with them is that they never take a player on. When hibs had a good midfield with brown and thomson they both looked to beat a player then pass, which as you know, once you beat a player it opens up.

We are very slow in midfield on the ball, when we have possesion it always looks like our players stand still and wait for the ball, even miller. IMO we are missing mcbride in winning the ball and stopping the opposition from playing but not anything else, in terms of going forward I think we have been missing a type of midfielder like scott brown, nothing too fancy.

If you look at the top teams that play 4 in midfield they usually have 2 that are good at taking on players and passing, one that is good at breaking up play and willing to put the boot in and one that is very good at passing that dictate the pace of the game. We have the one that is good at breaking up play and willing to put the boot in (Mcbride), we have the one that is great at passing (Miller), but we dont really have anyone that is good at taking players on. Zemmama is there but he doesnt turn up half the time and when he is on fire he often goes to far an takes the ball back to skin the player again. Riordan, he isnt a midfielder and has lost his pace, he cant skin too many players now.

We need to sign 2 skillful midfielders and put them in with miller and mcbride in midfield, maybe just one if wotherspoon came into midfield.