PDA

View Full Version : Yams On the eve of the St Mirren game

ronaldo7
15-01-2010, 09:09 PM
This yam still can't get over 86:thumbsup:

Victorian
my memory of it (i was there... not sure if you were) is that it was an incorrect score given over the radio.

i distinctly remember the goons in their end going tonto at some point in the 2nd half because they thought they had a real chance of europe.

i don't know - assuming this is actually the case - if it was a deliberate ploy or not.

as someone else said earlier, our fate was in our own hands and the lion's share of the blame lies with us but...

the league campaign was played over 36 matches. we amassed 50 points from 36 matches while celtic amassed 48 points from 35 matches. they were given a free win. it doesn't matter whether it was match 36 or match 1... the facts are that they didn't take part in the same 36 match league campaign as we did.
st.liedown didn't lie down when they beat us 6-2 on match day 2.

What a prize plum:thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Technically, they've not been competing on a level playing field themselves this season.

Any starting XI with Suso in it cannot be classed as a football team, shirley?

Bostonhibby
15-01-2010, 09:43 PM

Victorian
my memory of it (i was there... not sure if you were) is that it was an incorrect score given over the radio.

i distinctly remember the goons in their end going tonto at some point in the 2nd half because they thought they had a real chance of europe.

i don't know - assuming this is actually the case - if it was a deliberate ploy or not.

as someone else said earlier, our fate was in our own hands and the lion's share of the blame lies with us but...

the league campaign was played over 36 matches. we amassed 50 points from 36 matches while celtic amassed 48 points from 35 matches. they were given a free win. it doesn't matter whether it was match 36 or match 1... the facts are that they didn't take part in the same 36 match league campaign as we did.

Seems a bit harsh if you don't mind me saying, do you not appreciate that this poor guy has now spent nearly 24 years in the same darkened room playing with himself because the Yams actually won the 36 game league whilst Celtc never could as they were in the 35 game league?

He sits there with his maroon Bay City Rollers tank top and fashionable perm, twirling his scarf in that jaunty way they still do all these years later, imagine what a surprise he will get when he emerges to see the new Tynecastle Astrodome. Plum.

iwasthere1972
15-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Victorian

Don't you know that there's a conspiracy against the Yams.

They lost the league to Killie in 1964/65 on goal average. Had the title been decided on goal difference then it would have been Hearts season.

They lost the league to Celtic in 1985/86 on goal difference. Had the title been decided on goal average then it would have been Hearts season.

:faf: :faf:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Don't you know that there's a conspiracy against the Yams.

They lost the league to Killie in 1964/65 on goal average. Had the title been decided on goal difference then it would have been Hearts season.

They lost the league to Celtic in 1985/86 on goal difference. Had the title been decided on goal average then it would have been Hearts season.

:faf: :faf:

They lost 0-7 against Hibs on New Years Day, 1973. Had they scored eight goals that day it would have been Hearts game.

bawheid
15-01-2010, 10:57 PM
1986 :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
15-01-2010, 10:58 PM
:yawn:

Pedantic_Hibee
15-01-2010, 11:11 PM
:yawn:

LTYF :devil:

Hainan Hibs
15-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Always an excuse to get this one out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
:greengrin

Kidd's 2nd goal is beautiful:agree:

Ed De Gramo
15-01-2010, 11:16 PM
LTYF :devil:

DLB was right....who gives a **** that Hearts are playing St Mirren....about time people lived in the present than the past :agree:

Hibs Class
15-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Ironically, on the same board they've a thread about the Dons living in the past, which includes Shaun Lawson's assessment of the Don's financial peril :faf:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Always an excuse to get this one out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Kidd's 2nd goal is beautiful:agree:

Very good indeed. Thanks for showing it. Must have been a hell of a blow for Hearts fans though.

Crab apple
15-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Ironically, on the same board they've a thread about the Dons living in the past, which includes Shaun Lawson's assessment of the Don's financial peril :faf:

http://www.sportingo.com/authors/shaun-lawson

Perhaps his PHD thesis is about the major milestones in history when the mighty jam tarts lost league titles on the final day of the season.

iwasthere1972
16-01-2010, 12:17 AM
http://www.sportingo.com/authors/shaun-lawson

Perhaps his PHD thesis is about the major milestones in history when the mighty jam tarts lost league titles on the final day of the season.

Jings - Has the guy not got better things to do than write on football matters all day. Out of curiosity I had a look at his blog and he would put J K Rowling to shame on how small her Harry Potter novels were compared to all the ****** that he manages to put together. :agree: