PDA

View Full Version : Flags

MacBean
15-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I was having a little reminiscing session over lunch and was thinking about Easter Road and Flags. I remember seeing loads of flags around Easter Road a few years back. In particular home made efforts from people & the Hibees Bounce flag.

Is there a particular reason why they seem to have faltered away? Is it to do with a paranoia that noone around you will hold it up with you? is it that your scared it will get lost? is it a lack of interest or just people cant be bothered lugging them around?

I fall guilty on the latter as i have a flag that i dont bother taking any more but have recently been tempted to bring it.

When you see clubs like Chelsea et al giving flags scarves out on tv the stadium looks great. I know our own.

Therefore I'm trying to encourage everyone to bring flags/scarves etc to our homes games to add to a faltering atmosphere at ER**.

I for one will be bringing mine at the next game and i hope someone can bring the GIANT Hibs.net one! Get the flags back!!

:flag::flag::flag:

**except against Hearts & Rangers(for 30 minutes)

Lmc2105
15-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I was having a little reminiscing session over lunch and was thinking about Easter Road and Flags. I remember seeing loads of flags around Easter Road a few years back. In particular home made efforts from people & the Hibees Bounce flag.

Is there a particular reason why they seem to have faltered away? Is it to do with a paranoia that noone around you will hold it up with you? is it that your scared it will get lost? is it a lack of interest or just people cant be bothered lugging them around?

I fall guilty on the latter as i have a flag that i dont bother taking any more but have recently been tempted to bring it.

When you see clubs like Chelsea et al giving flags scarves out on tv the stadium looks great. I know our own.

Therefore I'm trying to encourage everyone to bring flags/scarves etc to our homes games to add to a faltering atmosphere at ER**.

I for one will be bringing mine at the next game and i hope someone can bring the GIANT Hibs.net one! Get the flags back!!

**except against Hearts & Rangers(for 30 minutes)

The 1 i have is to big and a can't handle by myself therefore it stays in the house had this convo a few days ago on here asking if any1 would take it offer still stands! :wink:

Baader
15-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Libya flag - the best there is (especially if operating on a tight budget!)

Nigeria flag if a bit more flush...

Bayern Bru
15-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Flag debate imminent?

I'll look out my tricolour :agree::devil:

MacBean
15-01-2010, 07:00 PM
The 1 i have is to big and a can't handle by myself therefore it stays in the house had this convo a few days ago on here asking if any1 would take it offer still stands! :wink:

If the offer still stands ill take the flag off your hands? is this the big hibs.net one?

As a promise i will bring it to every home game (sit in west upper) and I would happily travel to as many away games as possible and take it with me wherever i go!

This might start the flag revolution!! :notworthy:

BigKev
15-01-2010, 07:07 PM
I've two Liberton Inn ones....

Good flags - one saltire one green white green effort with the badge embroidered. If you want them let me know :wink::wink:

BigKev
15-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I've two Liberton Inn ones....

Good flags - one saltire one green white green effort with the badge embroidered. If you want them let me know :wink::wink:

One will get an airing tomorrow btw!

Bishop Hibee
15-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I remember seeing a great flag at the old Douglas Park, emerald green with a gold harp which read "Hibernian, Pure Genius Since 1875" which was a take-off of a Guinness ad at the time.

I'm sure "Tynecastle Flats, Believe" will have it's day in the sun again :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
15-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Speaking of flags does anyone know why the club stopped flying the flags from the roof of the West Stand? I thought they made the place look a bit better.

Greenway
15-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Actually you've made a very good point about the flags and scarfs bringing atmosphere.

I've noticed that the majority of Hibs supporters (me included :embarrass) don't tend to wear the Hibs scarf to games anymore. It used to be mandatory, and you would go back for it if you forgot. Now it seems they only come out for the big games.

I think my excuse might be that I don't want any hassle on the way home, but I suppose that's really pretty weak for most games. So Hibs scarf back on for me. :scarf:

Lmc2105
15-01-2010, 08:39 PM
If the offer still stands ill take the flag off your hands? is this the big hibs.net one?

As a promise i will bring it to every home game (sit in west upper) and I would happily travel to as many away games as possible and take it with me wherever i go!

This might start the flag revolution!! :notworthy:

pm'd mate

Pretty Boy
15-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't get why anyone wouldn't help hold up a flag. I used to love the big flags getting passed along the stands especially when there were a few on the go at Places like Tynecastle. As long as it's before the game or at half time then your not missing much being under it.

My personal favourites were the big hibs.net strip or the half white/half green one with the Hibs badge on it. The old Torino bar flag that used to be on the East years ago was class too.

MacBean
16-01-2010, 12:20 AM
well looks like the .net strip will be back in action soon!!