15-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Where's that "wee bird" smiley when you need it? :wink:

Petrie's Tache
15-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Really, or calling Falkirks bluff with him.:confused:

Speedway
15-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Can we get Davie Weir as well and get their wages paid by the government as part of their state pensions?

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 10:53 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Andy74
15-01-2010, 10:55 AM
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Dailly would be an excellent signing.

Scooter
15-01-2010, 10:58 AM

Really?

What position would he play

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Go on then I'll bite..........How?

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Really?

What position would he play

Centre-half?

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Go on then I'll bite..........How?

He's an experienced international centre-half/holding midfielder.

How would he no be a good signing?

Petrie's Tache
15-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Mr Radge, care to explain for the "maddos".:greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-01-2010, 11:04 AM

:agree: I've always like Dailly, steady if unspectacular. Would be a decent short term solution for both player and club.

robinp
15-01-2010, 11:04 AM

I agree, he would piss all over Barr for that matter! :tin hat:

He's a very strong robust defender who can tackle and pass.

col02
15-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I would take Dailly at Hibs in a heartbeat.

Speedway
15-01-2010, 11:13 AM
'Arthur' certainly comes with a pedigree of playing at the top level in England and Scotland his whole career up until signing for Charlton in the summer.

He's also very much in the Yogi mold of signing the likes of Elvis and Jackie Mac, internationallists past their prime but OK in the SPL.

At 35 though and having only just singed for Charlton, I wonder if this is another JJ or at the very best, a short term solution.

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 11:14 AM

He is an old centre half (35) well past his best and is certainly nowhere near as good as was before he went to Rangers. What would be the benefit of signing him over younger players with a future. Personally I have never understood how he played so many games for Scotland or West Ham.

smurf
15-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm hoping this isn't true. He's proven quality with a fantastic CV.

However, for me his spell at The Huns indicated his legs have gone.

JimBHibees
15-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Maybe a useful addition for the 6 months to the end of the season then get Barr, no doubt part of the plan if we cant get Barr now.

steakbake
15-01-2010, 11:20 AM

Dailly: "Cheats.... *** cheats....."
Vogts: "Christian.... Christian...."

Peevemor
15-01-2010, 11:20 AM

:thumbsup:

JE89
15-01-2010, 11:22 AM

:agree: Could definately do a job at us :agree:

ahibby
15-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I'd be happy to see an experienced defender of his mould coming in for short term cover. The young defenders in our team would benefit having him around in training and he'd be able to cover some games too. Interesting.

H18sry
15-01-2010, 11:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeXhoCNqJJQ :greengrin

Andy74
15-01-2010, 11:25 AM
He is an old centre half (35) well past his best and is certainly nowhere near as good as was before he went to Rangers. What would be the benefit of signing him over younger players with a future. Personally I have never understood how he played so many games for Scotland or West Ham.

35 isn't too old for a centre half. Our younger players with a future have shown they are not that capable of playing well right now at centre half.

Great experience, wouldn't be messed about and for me would be another Ian Murray type.

MyJo
15-01-2010, 11:28 AM
dont see the problem with this signing TBH, we need defensive cover when injuries and suspensions start to kick in towards the end of the season and he will bring a lot of experience with him that he can pass on to our younger generation of defenders.

The SPL isn't the highest standard and he could well keep playing up here for another couple of years, Weir has shown that already at the huns

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 11:29 AM
35 isn't too old for a centre half. Our younger players with a future have shown they are not that capable of playing well right now at centre half.

Great experience, wouldn't be messed about and for me would be another Ian Murray type.

I am sorry but having watched his latter days at West Ham, I was at a loss as to how Rangers ever wanted him. He is not (in my opinion) going to add anything to Hibs. We haven't tried our younger players at Centre Half. We play them as Full Backs. If they want to learn from a strong, experienced Ch who is not to be messed with, they should speak to their Boss.

JE89
15-01-2010, 11:30 AM

Weir is 40 and still doing alright. Campbell is 35 and is set to sign for Arsenal.

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Weir is 40 and still doing alright. Campbell is 35 and is set to sign for Arsenal.

I wouldn't want Weir either. Campbell is in a different class to Dailly.

Andy74
15-01-2010, 11:33 AM
I am sorry but having watched his latter days at West Ham, I was at a loss as to how Rangers ever wanted him. He is not (in my opinion) going to add anything to Hibs. We haven't tried our younger players at Centre Half. We play them as Full Backs. If they want to learn from a strong, experienced Ch who is not to be messed with, they should speak to their Boss.

Having seen them struggle at full back I wouldn't have Hanlon or McCormack near centre half just now. I don't buy that they'd be much better in their own position right now as it's the physical side they are struggling with and that would just be worse in the middle.

If you don't rate him you don't rate him but he's not been at the clubs he has or got the amount of caps he has by lacking any ability.

I'd be more than happy if he signed, but wouldn't be at all worried if he didn't either!

JE89
15-01-2010, 11:34 AM

That's obvious though. You said 35 is too old for a central defender which IMO isn't the case and Campbell backs this up.

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Having seent them struggle at full back I wouldn't have Hanlon or McCormack near centre half just now. I don't buy that they'd be much better in their oen position right now as it's the physical side they are struggling with and that would just be worse in the middle.

If you don't rate him you don't rate him but he's not been at the clubs he has or got the amount of caps he has by lacking any ability.

I'd be more than happy if he signed, but wouldn't be at all worried if he didn't either!

Okay then just put me down as a NO then. I have watched him many times at WHUFC and don't rate him. Just my opinion.

IWasThere2016
15-01-2010, 11:36 AM

:agree:

Frazerbob
15-01-2010, 11:38 AM
:whistle:"Oh Christian Daily, you are the love of my life, Oh Christian Daily I'd let you sh*g my wife, Oh Christian Daily, I love your curly hair too......":whistle:

Not sure if he's still got the legs but he does have a barry song!

MoantheCabbage
15-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Why would we be holding our younger guys back?

Yogi clearly doesnt fancy any of them to step into a CH half position and from my knowledge has only actually spoke of Hanlon playing in that position.

Signing a very experienced CH to the end of the season would be a good bit of business in my eyes as we have no one to step in with Bamba gone at the moment and if either Hogg or Murray get injured.

Not to mention he would add some height back there

Hainan Hibs
15-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Not for me I'm afraid.

brydekirk
15-01-2010, 11:41 AM

:agree::agree:

Musselbound
15-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Why would we be holding our younger guys back?

Yogi clearly doesnt fancy any of them to step into a CH half position and from my knowledge has only actually spoke of Hanlon playing in that position.

Signing a very experienced CH to the end of the season would be a good bit of business in my eyes as we have no one to step in with Bamba gone at the moment and if either Hogg or Murray get injured.

Not to mention he would add some height back there

Can't be much more than an inch in it between Dailly and Hogg. Dailly is 36 by the way, (b. October 1973). If it were a stop gap signing for short-term cover then it doesn't sound a bad one to me.

Sudds_1
15-01-2010, 11:50 AM
not for me.........I hate Hibs being the dumping ground for players looking to ease themselves into retirement and pension

. Players like Dailly won't give 100%, why should they? And if they don't....they can GTF. :agree:

MoantheCabbage
15-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Can't be much more than an inch in it between Dailly and Hogg. Dailly is 36 by the way, (b. October 1973). If it were a stop gap signing for short-term cover then it doesn't sound a bad one to me.

I was more meaning the younger guys incase hogg of Murray got injured but according to Google

Chris Hogg — Height: 6 FT 0 in (1.83 M)

Christian Dailly — Height: 1.91 M (6 FT 3 in)

Andy74
15-01-2010, 11:55 AM
not for me.........I hate Hibs being the dumping ground for players looking to ease themselves into retirement and pension

. Players like Dailly won't give 100%, why should they? And if they don't....they can GTF. :agree:

Who have we signed that came into that category? We very rarely sign experienced players. And why would he not give 100% :confused:

Frazerbob
15-01-2010, 11:56 AM

I think Christian Daily is one player who will ALAWAYS try like a bear EVERY game he plays. If he's still got the legs, I'd take him in a second. The kids would learn a hell of a lot from a guy like him.

KWJ
15-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I used to be a fan of Dailly but the 90's are a while ago now. I don't think he'd be any better than we have but I'm willing to give him a shot.

500miles
15-01-2010, 12:00 PM
There are a lot of youngsters kicking about Hibs at the moment, waiting to make the breakthrough, perhaps looking for a little bit of guidance that you get from playing alongside someone, rather than for them. If Yogi thinks that he still has enough in the tank, and has a role to play, then so be it. We don't have what you would call an old head in the team.

With regards to the Campbell comparison, Campbell might be in a different class from Dailly, but Arsenal are in a different class from us.

Ell_Chrisso
15-01-2010, 12:01 PM
No - Ones asked yet...

Sauce??

Andy74
15-01-2010, 12:16 PM
No - Ones asked yet...

Sauce??

True. looks like he has played 20 games or so for Charlton so far this season, why would he be available?

IWasThere2016
15-01-2010, 12:17 PM
True. looks like he has played 20 games or so for Charlton so far this season, why would he be available?

Family settled in Essex also .. cannae see it personally

Spike Mandela
15-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Just out of curiosity what age was Sauzee when he played sweeper for us?

Sandy
15-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I think Christian Daily is one player who will ALAWAYS try like a bear EVERY game he plays. If he's still got the legs, I'd take him in a second. The kids would learn a hell of a lot from a guy like him.

Totally agree mate, never anything less than 100% in EVERY game, it is a big yes from me.

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Charlton are broke.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2010, 12:41 PM

That was one of the reasons why people put up with some sub standard performances whilst he was at UP, always gave 100% even if he was having a 'mare. If the better players had put in as much effort as he did in each game The Hammers would have been in a much better position in the league. If some of the players at Easter Road were as professional as he has been throughout his career, then, it could only be a positive for Hibs!

Maybe I'm biased though since he used to get me tickets for West Ham games!

ahibby
15-01-2010, 12:43 PM
A very recent quote from the Charlton manager might be taken to mean that Dailly is still very much in his plans for Charlton.

He said: "The positives from the postponements are that we've had the chance to get our injured players back out on the training pitch. Frazer Richardson has trained all week, Christian Dailly is back up to speed after illness, Kelly Youga is back running but won't be fit for Saturday and David Mooney is also back and fit.

God Petrie
15-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Would provide a decent song for us to sing too

Oh christian dailly you are the love of my life
oh christian dailly id let you **** my wife
oh christian dailly i want curly hair toooooo

The Modfather
15-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd love it if he signed, if for no other reason than it's Christian Dailly.

He was always like one of us when he played for Scotland. I'll never forget his warm down after the game in Bari. We'd just been beat 2-0 and the stadium was empty apart from the 10,000 Scotland fans. Christian then comes out on his own to do a "warm down" in front of us despite being an unused sub. Legend :thumbsup:

As an aside, he would also add alot to the squad :greengrin

allmodcons
15-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Not sure I'd want Dailly at Hibs.

For what it's worth, signing a 36 year old on a short term basis totally flies in face of what Yogi was saying during latest BBC interview, so can't see it happening.

IWasThere2016
15-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Charlton are broke.

Are we signing the Yams first team then? :greengrin

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Are we signing the Yams first team then? :greengrin

Do you think we should?

jdships
15-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Not sure I'd want Dailly at Hibs.

For what it's worth, signing a 36 year old on a short term basis totally flies in face of what Yogi was saying during latest BBC interview, so can't see it happening.

Agree totally with what you say :thumbsup:
Can't think what this guy would offer us that we don't already have.
As to experience - well at 36 milk will turn quicker.
Having said that at this moment in time I trust Yogi's judgement

:flag:

Jack
15-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Just in case.

Dear Hibs

CHRISTIAN DAILLY (FORMERLY RANGERS F.C.)*

Is supended from the Scottish Cup for one game, same as Calum Woods of Dunfermline (are we still interested in him?) and Darren Barr too!

Sincerely

Jack

Caversham Green
15-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Just in case.

Dear Hibs

CHRISTIAN DAILLY (FORMERLY RANGERS F.C.)*

Is supended from the Scottish Cup for one game, same as Calum Woods of Dunfermline (are we still interested in him?)

Sincerely

Jack

:top marks Didn't work with Dunfy though.

Off-topic, but does this mean Woods is cup-tied now?

CapitalHibs
15-01-2010, 02:28 PM
That was one of the reasons why people put up with some sub standard performances whilst he was at UP, always gave 100% even if he was having a 'mare. If the better players had put in as much effort as he did in each game The Hammers would have been in a much better position in the league. If some of the players at Easter Road were as professional as he has been throughout his career, then, it could only be a positive for Hibs!

Maybe I'm biased though since he used to get me tickets for West Ham games!

I think that particular characteristic ticks off extremely high on Yogi's wish list.:agree:

MacBean
15-01-2010, 02:32 PM

is he HIBS class though :wink:

KeithTheHibby
15-01-2010, 06:56 PM
is he HIBS class though :wink:

And he has played for der hun, surely that will go against him in the fans eyes?:wink:

Libby Hibby
15-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Christian Dailly would be an excellent signing IMO.

Great cover for Hoggy and Murray but could also start with Murray moving to LB.

His experience is 2nd to none and that counts for a lot in this league...look at weir as some have mentioned...40 and still showing the young bucks a thing or two

I may get pelters for this but I honestly dont see it with Hanlon and McCormack at CH or FB...Opinions, Eh?

HibbyAndy
15-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Id rather have my balls kicked Dailly.

whiskyhibby
15-01-2010, 07:21 PM

Because he's about 58 and was mince at Rankers a few years ago, he is hardly likely to have improved......................:faf::faf::faf:

whiskyhibby
15-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Id rather have my balls kicked Dailly.

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

sahib
15-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Crivens! some people on here just take no account of age. Loads on here thought JJ the very dab when his signing was mentioned - but he was past it. Yogi should be less of a crapper and intoduce some youngsters nevermind clogging the first team squad with players for cover. If young players can learn from Dailly ask him to start a correspondence course.

greenlex
15-01-2010, 07:31 PM
He hasn't any sell on value for Hibs. I would be surprised but a short term stop gap till Barr comes may work.

keep the faith
15-01-2010, 07:38 PM
This is an awfy long thread and debate when there is no source, quote or report linking us with Dailly.

:confused::confused:

Where did this come from??

HibbyAndy
15-01-2010, 07:44 PM
This is an awfy long thread and debate when there is no source, quote or report linking us with Dailly.

:confused::confused:

Where did this come from??

I read it in the Dailly Sport.

woodythehibee
15-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Dailly would be a good signing, on and off the pitch :agree:

Bayern Bru
15-01-2010, 08:32 PM
The big question is, could he do a job at right back for us?
:hmmm:

steakbake
15-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I read it in the Dailly Sport.

:top marks

IWasThere2016
25-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Post Barr .. whaur's Christian when you need him?

Spike Mandela
25-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Post Barr .. whaur's Christian when you need him?

Playing for Charlton tonight and getting beat:wink:

snooky
25-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I think that particular characteristic ticks off extremely high on Yogi's wish list.:agree:

Christian Dailly? Jeez, for a moment I thought the Sally Ann had taken over oor messageboard. :confused:
"Erza Warcrys"

H18sry
25-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Christian Dailly? Jeez, for a moment I thought the Sally Ann had taken over oor messageboard. :confused:
"Erza Warcrys"

do you still get these :wink:

carnoustiehibee
25-01-2010, 11:01 PM
chrisrian dailly's nearly 40
is hair is going slightly grey
he'll be on the pension very shortly
but the hibs might sign him anyway.

the guy is rank,he might still be old and fit but so is sue barker and she canny play football either

--------
25-01-2010, 11:01 PM
"Erza Warcrys"

Erza Warcrys - was he not a centre-back for Gornik Zabrze back in the 1960's?

Big bald guy with a wooden leg?

marinello59
25-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Erza Warcrys - was he not a centre-back for Gornik Zabrze back in the 1960's?

Big bald guy with a wooden leg?

That's the chappy. I always used to wonder whose wooden leg he was carrying around.

Hibs On Tour
26-01-2010, 12:28 AM

No the other day against Stoke he wisnae! Got pished aw over!

FWIW, I think CD till the end of the season wouldnae be a bad shout. Plenty of top-level experience, which is no bad thing to have - realistically think it would be both improving our CH situation and also giving the young lads someone to learn from - would certainly try a leg and give it his all [I'd always say that about him]

Yogi isn't going to 'clog up the team' with old yins and prevent the young lads coming through - hardly got form for that has he? He is a canny lad the Yogi though, if he could get someone in to help steady the ship for part 2 of the season [where it really gets in the mix IMHO] to help us kick on for Europe then all for it.

hibeeleicester
26-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Would be a good signing, short term. Dont think we will get him.

Worst comes to the worst get yogi to sign himself, wouldny mind him and bamba at the back :agree:

GreenPJ
26-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Dont see the value of a Dailly type signing (age) for two reasons:

1) Limits the opportunity for our young CH's who ultimately need to get experience somehow, I would rather have McCormack/Hanlon get more experience for the next 6 months and be able to fully challenge for the position next season than have them still trying to prove themselves next season again.

2) I am worried about the number of people we are potentially going to lose in the the summer. I reckon we could easily lose up to 8 or 9 from the first team squad in the summer. Whilst some of these may not necessarily be a loss individually if you are losing a third of a squad in one go then its a big rebuilding job and there is always the concern about that many new players gelling into a squad.

If we are going to sign someone then for me its got to be someone who you are looking to get at least a couple of years out of.

Andy74
26-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Dont see the value of a Dailly type signing (age) for two reasons:

1) Limits the opportunity for our young CH's who ultimately need to get experience somehow, I would rather have McCormack/Hanlon get more experience for the next 6 months and be able to fully challenge for the position next season than have them still trying to prove themselves next season again.

2) I am worried about the number of people we are potentially going to lose in the the summer. I reckon we could easily lose up to 8 or 9 from the first team squad in the summer. Whilst some of these may not necessarily be a loss individually if you are losing a third of a squad in one go then its a big rebuilding job and there is always the concern about that many new players gelling into a squad.

If we are going to sign someone then for me its got to be someone who you are looking to get at least a couple of years out of.

We are going to lose 8 or 9?? Where did you pluck that from??:confused:

BigKev
26-01-2010, 09:31 AM
We are going to lose 8 or 9?? Where did you pluck that from??:confused:

Rankin, Cregg, Maka, Nish, Benji, Thicot, McCormack, Bamba and Murray (end of contract) could all feasibly leave IMO.

GreenPJ
26-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Rankin, Cregg, Maka, Nish, Benji, Thicot, McCormack, Bamba and Murray (end of contract) could all feasibly leave IMO.

Lets not forget that Stevenson, Zemmama may also be away and would be surprised if we did not receive offers for Miller, Stokes and or Riordan.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Will there be a hibs next year?:faf:

ancient hibee
26-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Will there be a hibs next year?:faf:
As long as we sign Big Bob and 10 like him we'll be OK.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Joke signing if it happens. Forget Barr, the Yams will have justifiable cause to laugh at us if this one goes through. In fact, i'll probably join them before sneaking off to the bathroom to have a good cry to myself.

Daily is both gash and ancient. West Ham fans used to sing, in irony as heavy as a Hearts debt, 'Christian Dailey - football genius' when this clown strutted his stuff at Upton park, and that was about 5 years ago. I doubt he's improved since then.

He's one of those nauseating 'good, honest, hardworking, first into training pros, sets a great example etc etc' yes men that managers seem to love to have around, but who sadly, sends the paying customer crazy with his footballing ineptitude.

Experience is all good and well, but what he's experienced at is being a garbage footballer and that's not what we want. This is one Christian who should be thrown to the Lions, and I don't mean Millwall.

Jim44
26-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Joke signing if it happens. Forget Barr, the Yams will have justifiable cause to laugh at us if this one goes through. In fact, i'll probably join them before sneaking off to the bathroom to have a good cry to myself.

Daily is both gash and ancient. West Ham fans used to sing, in irony as heavy as a Hearts debt, 'Christian Dailey - football genius' when this clown strutted his stuff at Upton park, and that was about 5 years ago. I doubt he's improved since then.

He's one of those nauseating 'good, honest, hardworking, first into training pros, sets a great example etc etc' yes men that managers seem to love to have around, but who sadly, sends the paying customer crazy with his footballing ineptitude.

Experience is all good and well, but what he's experienced at is being a garbage footballer and that's not what we want. This is one Christian who should be thrown to the Lions, and I don't mean Millwall.

:agree: Embarrassing and cringeworthy.

mjhibby
26-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Of those i see cregg,maka,benji,thicot and mccormack and bamba will only go if we get a whopping fee for him.Im sure yogi is working on their replacements already.As long as we have smith a new rb miller,mcbride stokes and riordan then we will have a cracking season again when yogi has got in good replacements.Its not as if yogi hasnt done well in the transfer maeket now is it.

--------
26-01-2010, 11:39 AM

I take it that on balance you'd not be terribly chuffed if we signed him then, Bob? :devil:

You're absolutely right - if we want to sign an 'experienced' centre-back to see us through for a short time, there are others around who would make much more sense (and be better players) than Dailly.

But when we have Paul Hanlon and Darren McCormack on our books already, it would be stupid in the extreme to sign a superannuated mediocrity like Dailly - it would knock the young guys back and make it clear to them that they weren't to be allowed the slightest chance to stake a claim for the place themselves.

Long-term we should be encouraging our younger players, not providing pension plans for has-been's and never-were's.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 12:07 PM
As long as we sign Big Bob and 10 like him we'll be OK.

Stop it, i'd be touching myself vigorously if that happened.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Stop it, i'd be touching myself vigorously if that happened.

He's just signed a pre-contract with Hearts.

LancsHibs
26-01-2010, 12:35 PM
No need to sign an 'old pro' centre half on the short term any more, if we were going to get somebody then it should have been sorted for the 1st January. Now we have Bamba coming back sooner than expected with Hoggy at the back and Hanlon/Murray/McCormack/Thicot ready to step in when required dont really see the point of a short term 'Dailly' type signing.:confused:
However a Right Back is a must...please:agree:

Big Frank
26-01-2010, 01:18 PM
I've not read the thread, but if he comes to Hibs I'll greet!! He's gash!

:grr:

hibeemad
26-01-2010, 01:27 PM

completely agree mate.

I used to shudder watching him play for Scotland and always wondered who he was paying to get a game for Scotland.

Wouldnt have him anywhere near ER

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I am worried about the number of people we are potentially going to lose in the the summer. I reckon we could easily lose up to 8 or 9 from the first team squad in the summer.

Only four first team squad players currently have their contract expiring this summer: Benji, Cregg, Maka and Murray

Hibernian Verse
26-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Only four first team squad players currently have their contract expiring this summer: Benji, Cregg, Maka and Murray

Thank god, thank god, another year please and NO!

GreenPJ
26-01-2010, 02:05 PM

There may only be 4 first team squad players with contracts up but realistically the likelihood is that Bamba and Zemmama will be gone (neither will sign an extension so Hibs will rightly cash in). Thicot, Stevenson, McCormack, McCann have all had limited opportunities this season (albeit McCann through injury) and none of them are teenagers so you would expect they will either want to move on or Yogi would want them to move on.

Add to that the form Stokes and Miller have been showing and Riordan always attracts interest.

To top it all off the majority of fans appear to want to get rid of Rankin and Nish.

To me that suggests a lot more than 4 will be gone in the summer even if Murray/Cregg re-signs.

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 04:47 PM
There may only be 4 first team squad players with contracts up but realistically the likelihood is that Bamba and Zemmama will be gone (neither will sign an extension so Hibs will rightly cash in). Thicot, Stevenson, McCormack, McCann have all had limited opportunities this season (albeit McCann through injury) and none of them are teenagers so you would expect they will either want to move on or Yogi would want them to move on.

Add to that the form Stokes and Miller have been showing and Riordan always attracts interest.

To top it all off the majority of fans appear to want to get rid of Rankin and Nish.

To me that suggests a lot more than 4 will be gone in the summer even if Murray/Cregg re-signs.
You could look at any Hibs squad down through recent seasons and list for each and every player at least one reason why they might move on in the next window. (Indeed you could do that for most SPL clubs).

It rarely means, however, that they're all going to leave en masse. The club is able to exercise some control over it's destiny in this regard. And whether fans want a player out or not is usually of little consequence.

We have been probably the most active SPL club in player transfers in recent seasons, most likely due to changes in manager which always prompt subsequent large scale shifts in personnel. I suspect Hughes will be with us for another season or two yet and therefore trust that this summer's window will actually be less active than the previous three or four.

At least 2 of the 4 names I listed will move on by the end of June and Bamba will be away as well. Add 2 or 3 other peripheral players or youngsters (which presumably we would not be too angst-ridden to see leaving) and you have six departures. That would be my assumption.

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2010, 07:01 PM
]I would take Dailly at Hibs in a heartbeat.[/B]

:thumbsup:yeah ,so would i. if it is the case that yogi believes he could do a job then i trust him to do that

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I can't understand all the slavering about Dailly. Have the people who want him at ER actually ever seen this nonentity play? A terrible player last century, I can't believe he's still drawing a wage from the game a decade into this one.

Dunbar Hibee
26-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I can't understand all the slavering about Dailly. Have the people who want him at ER actually ever seen this nonentity play? A terrible player last century, I can't believe he's still drawing a wage from the game a decade into this one.

:agree:Absolutely gash.