PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Darren Barr

If Only
13-01-2010, 03:17 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/-Kyle-Miller-and-O39Brien.5977098.jp

Jeezo, Vlad's mush will be a picture when he gets this :greengrin

According to Radio Scotland Hearts have been given permission to talk to Darren Barr with a view to him signing for them.

Billy Whizz
13-01-2010, 03:20 PM
According to Radio Scotland Hearts have been given permission to talk to Darren Barr with a view to him signing for them.

Any Scots player that even considers signing for them should see a shrink firsts!!!!:confused:

KerPlunk
13-01-2010, 03:20 PM

If that is true, Darren Barr should be sectioned. :agree:

Golden Bear
13-01-2010, 03:29 PM

:agree:

Along with Dundee. It makes you wonder eh?

:hmmm:

Baw187
13-01-2010, 03:31 PM

Why would they need permission to talk to him? He's free to talk to anyone he pleases. :confused:

I smell Jambo propoganda nonsense again.

RickyS
13-01-2010, 03:32 PM
:agree:

Along with Dundee. It makes you wonder eh?

:hmmm:

would they need permission for a pre-contract? and we have already offered a contract twice

Hank Schrader
13-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry but the thought of Darren Barr talking to Hearts about a possible move there is laughable. I mean if it came down to a choice between the two Edinburgh clubs who would you chose. The vibrant club playing decent football and looking good for European football next year or the bumbling, debt ridden idiots in Gorgie who are nothing but a ridiculous joke?

Will Hearts, in their current financial mire, be able to offer him more money? Or is this, as Baw187 says above, just another bit of propaganda to get the Jambo hordes on Vlads side again.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I notice the first poster that mentions Barr to Hearts doesn't say pre-contract. Maybe Falkirk are allowing him to leave now for a small fee. I get the feeling they (May) doesnt want to let him go to Hibs.

Andy74
13-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Why would they need permission to talk to him? He's free to talk to anyone he pleases. :confused:

I smell Jambo propoganda nonsense again.

Exactly, he can talk to who he wants without permission for a pre contract.

I was surprised Ian Black entertained them last year given their problems so although he's rubbish nothing would surprise me about footballers!

Golden Bear
13-01-2010, 03:44 PM
would they need permission for a pre-contract? and we have already offered a contract twice

I would think that would be the case.

I wonder if Falkirk are making a statement here by hinting that the alleged interest by Hibs & Aberdeen has been unwelcome in so far as permission was not first of all granted by the Club?

bingo70
13-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I notice the first poster that mentions Barr to Hearts doesn't say pre-contract. Maybe Falkirk are allowing him to leave now for a small fee. I get the feeling they (May) doesnt want to let him go to Hibs.

Hearts have less than nae cash so they won't be buying him.

My guess is they'll make a lot of noise about signing him, maybe even agree terms but it'll fall through before he actually joins them.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is the games Yogi was talking about his agent playing, making out hearts are interested in order to get us to up our offer in case he joins them.

Not bothered if he does, he's a good player and i'd like him at Hibs, however hearts are already decent defensively, it's going forward they have problems so they can sign as many defenders as they want, they'll still be pish.

Cropley10
13-01-2010, 04:04 PM
I note Eddie May said

"Any club is entitled to speak to Darren because of his contract situation and that's not a problem.

"What's not fine is the way they've gone about it, using him as a pawn to make themselves look good to their fans in the papers when they've not even so much as agreed a thing with him."

He was talking about us and the Dons, but applies the same to the Yams.:greengrin

May claims that we offered Barr less than they offered him to stay - surely that's not right?:confused:

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I note Eddie May said

"Any club is entitled to speak to Darren because of his contract situation and that's not a problem.

"What's not fine is the way they've gone about it, using him as a pawn to make themselves look good to their fans in the papers when they've not even so much as agreed a thing with him."

He was talking about us and the Dons, but applies the same to the Yams.:greengrin

May claims that we offered Barr less than they offered him to stay - surely that's not right?:confused:

Eddie May is full of pish and wind.

Here's what he was saying last month:

There have been a couple of clubs down there and I'm sure, at the end of the season, he will go and play his football down in England. I had a conversation with him last week. Darren won't be signing a pre-contract with anybody.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8409279.stm

O'Rourke3
13-01-2010, 04:38 PM

How would that sit with the Gorgie faithfull? We were pilloried for signing 2 of their players on the basis the club nearly went down last year -failing to spot the irony of actually signing a player from the club that was relegated. We signed ****** FACT and they got Susie, Pitenweem and that Polish centre half and Bouzid, who never made the cut for the ACN.

Barney McGrew
13-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Falkirk might have given permission, but it doesn't mean that Barr needs to speak to them :wink:

truehibernian
13-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I honestly don't know what the big fuss over Darren Barr is to be honest. Fair enough he puts in a shift, but the times I have seen him on ESPN and Sky this season, he has been at fault for many of the goals, certainly against Celtic and Rangers through there. If we have made the offers reported, and he has said no to both, then jog on son and we look elsewhere for someone who wants to play for Hibs and not for the cheque at the end of the month. The only Scottish centre half that I would perhaps want Hibs to show the same kind of effort for is Diamond at Aberdeen or Webster at Utd. Let him go to Hearts if he wants so he can marvel at the fine hacking, elbowing and hoofing skills of Zaliukas, Bouzid and Kucharski or whatever his name is.

McHibby
13-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Falkirk have given Hearts and Dundee permission to hold signing talks with defender Darren Barr

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8457610.stm

Sorry if already posted

Scooter
13-01-2010, 06:14 PM
think there will be an offer from Dundee and they have thrown hearts name into it to try and force hibs and Aberdeen to speed up

Jim44
13-01-2010, 06:33 PM
I was just about to read a thread about Barr being given permission to talk to Dundee and Hearts (or the other way round) but it seems to have done a bunk................was I seeing things?

MSK
13-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I was just about to read a thread about Barr being given permission to talk to Dundee and Hearts (or the other way round) but it seems to have done a bunk................was I seeing things?No its here ..http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=171694

marinello59
13-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Perhaps you have a gift as Barr has indeed been given permission to speak to Dundee and Hearts.

MSK
13-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Perhaps you have a gift as Barr has indeed been given permission to speak to Dundee and Hearts.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
13-01-2010, 06:37 PM
think there will be an offer from Dundee and they have thrown hearts name into it to try and force hibs and Aberdeen to speed up

What level of wage can Dundee offer?

HibbyAndy
13-01-2010, 06:43 PM
What level of wage can Dundee offer?

Ask there multi millionaire owner..

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Am I alone in thinking it would be quite funny if Dundee signed him on a pre-contract on the basis that they will be in the SPL next season, only for them to **** up the First Division?

:devil:

Jim44
13-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Surely they won't have 'thrown' Hearts name in for reasons given. I suspect that they've thrown Hearts name in because they want to speak to Barr. Maybe Dundee and Hearts have been 'kosher' in the way they've gone about their business while we've upset Eddie May by not playing 'cricket'. Either way, Hearts won't be speaking to him until the man from Delkaunas gives his approval. Dundee on the other hand have been surprisingly successful in attracting players in the past. They're also odds on certs for SPL football next season. Bottom line is probably that Barr is being shown his rights in being allowed to speak to interested parties about next season.

Westie1875
13-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm not really understanding this, why does he need permission when he only has 6 months left and can sign a pre-contract at any time?

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Surely they won't have 'thrown' Hearts name in for reasons given. I suspect that they've thrown Hearts name in because they want to speak to Barr. Maybe Dundee and Hearts have been 'kosher' in the way they've gone about their business while we've upset Eddie May by not playing 'cricket'. Either way, Hearts won't be speaking to him until the man from Delkaunas gives his approval. Dundee on the other hand have been surprisingly successful in attracting players in the past. They're also odds on certs for SPL football next season. Bottom line is probably that Barr is being shown his rights in being allowed to speak to interested parties about next season.

Missing the point that its got naff all to do with Falkirk, any club can talk to Barr if they want to talk about a contact for next season and beyond. Falkirk saying that they've "given permission" is bollocks and directly contradicts what Eddie May said last month.

Jim44
13-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Missing the point that its got naff all to do with Falkirk, any club can talk to Barr if they want to talk about a contact for next season and beyond. Falkirk saying that they've "given permission" is bollocks and directly contradicts what Eddie May said last month.

:agree: I should have said that Barr was 'exercising' his rights to talk to interested parties.

Woody1985
13-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm sorry but the thought of Darren Barr talking to Hearts about a possible move there is laughable. I mean if it came down to a choice between the two Edinburgh clubs who would you chose. The vibrant club playing decent football and looking good for European football next year or the bumbling, debt ridden idiots in Gorgie who are nothing but a ridiculous joke?

Will Hearts, in their current financial mire, be able to offer him more money? Or is this, as Baw187 says above, just another bit of propaganda to get the Jambo hordes on Vlads side again.

The thing is though, they'll have got rid of a couple of turkey's on big wages at the end of the season. If they give 15-25% of that back to Barr it's not going to make much difference to the size of their black hole.

I think they're past the point of no return unless they find someone very rich so they may aswell pay out half decent wages and try. Perhaps speculating even more is their only remaining option. Thoughts?

They're currently 5th and may still get a European spot this season, unlikely as it was only 3 weeks ago.

Also, what's the chances of Vlad trying to punt it to one of his mates. Could their yet be another way they can tangle up the debts even more at an attempt to hide them / profit from them.

I suppose a lot of this depends on February.

forthhibby
13-01-2010, 07:51 PM
radio scotland reporting 4 scottish teams in for Darren Barr, but i don't know if they'll just groupling our's and aberdeens previous interest in with Dundee and Yams

marinello59
13-01-2010, 07:54 PM
radio scotland reporting 4 scottish teams in for Darren Barr, but i don't know if they'll just groupling our's and aberdeens previous interest in with Dundee and Yams

That is exactly what they have done. Eddie May seems to be attempting to play a game here. A poor attempt really.

JimBHibees
13-01-2010, 08:01 PM

My understanding would be that permission would be that they have met a transfer fee that Falkirk have put on him to move now and not wait and sign him on a pre-contract for the summer.

Dibben
13-01-2010, 08:10 PM
My understanding would be that permission would be that they have met a transfer fee that Falkirk have put on him to move now and not wait and sign him on a pre-contract for the summer.

If I was Rod, I'd try to get him Pre-contract first, THEN speak about compo to get him in January!!!

BH.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2010, 08:24 PM
That is exactly what they have done. Eddie May seems to be attempting to play a game here. A poor attempt really.

Over to Yogi. If all terms offered are relatively equal then Yogi should be able to sell Hibs to Barr.

Team on the up, training centre, new stand, the presence of ex Falkirk players and of course Yogi himself. If he can't sell that to Barr then maybe Barr's heart isn't really in to the move.

Next:cool2:

.Sean.
13-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Over to Yogi. If all terms offered are relatively equal then Yogi should be able to sell Hibs to Barr.

Team on the up, training centre, new stand, the presence of ex Falkirk players and of course Yogi himself. If he can't sell that to Barr then maybe Barr's heart isn't really in to the move.

Next:cool2:
Well said that man :agree:

weecounty hibby
13-01-2010, 08:28 PM
If he goes to Hearts or Aberdeen will he improve theit teams, IMO yes. If he came to us and no-one left would he improve our team, again IMO, no. I think Hogg is as good and I have never been that impressed with Barr. And as Yogi says there are hundreds of CHs but only one Hibs. If he is not too keen well he can GTF for me.

matty_f
13-01-2010, 08:40 PM
On the face of it, there's no way we should be outbid by any of these teams, however Dundee's owner is chucking money at them left, right and centre, the Yams live in some sort of parallel universe with their finances, so we can expect them to offer the most.

I don't think McGhee has any chance at all of landing Barr.

If Barr's any ambition, he'd come to Hibs. He has far more chance of achieving what he wants to in Scotland at Easter Road than he does elsewhere (outside the OF).

JimBHibees
14-01-2010, 12:19 PM
If he goes to Hearts or Aberdeen will he improve theit teams, IMO yes. If he came to us and no-one left would he improve our team, again IMO, no. I think Hogg is as good and I have never been that impressed with Barr. And as Yogi says there are hundreds of CHs but only one Hibs. If he is not too keen well he can GTF for me.

Totally disagree.

Love the Green
14-01-2010, 12:59 PM

Totally disagree..he is miles better than Hogg and the move to bigger club with better players could only help improve the guy....bring it on.....The type of player to improve the team and a sell on possibility.

"keep the faith":wink:

Franck Stanton
14-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Falkirk might have given permission, but it doesn't mean that Barr needs to speak to them :wink:

Of course Barr HAS to speak to them ---- how else is he going to tell them to **** RIGHT OFF?

StevieC
14-01-2010, 03:09 PM
If I was Rod, I'd try to get him Pre-contract first, THEN speak about compo to get him in January!!!

But if someone else was close to/matched our wages offer and had agreed a figure with Falkirk (as is reported), why would Barr sign a pre-contract with us and wait 6 months for a pay increase?

Jack
14-01-2010, 03:15 PM

Talks is cheap, which in this case is just as well.

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Barr update (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8457610.stm)

A few interesting things out of that:

Yogi seems to be moving on to other (defender) targets
Eddie May is changing his tune (as pointed out above)

JimBHibees
14-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Barr update (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8457610.stm)

A few interesting things out of that:

Yogi seems to be moving on to other (defender) targets
Eddie May is changing his tune (as pointed out above)

Reading between the lines I would say he is coming to Hibs.

Baw187
14-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Reading between the lines I would say he is coming to Hibs.

Possibly. I get the feeling that it's one of those 'done deal' type things in the sense that Hibs want him, he wants to come, but there's things to iron out, and in the meantime there are other lurkers.

CentreLine
14-01-2010, 06:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8460051.stm

Good interview once again from JH.

EasterRoad4Ever
14-01-2010, 06:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8460051.stm

Good interview once again from JH.

Sounds like Gow is not going to happen, but still hope for Barr. 'bout right IMO.

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Interesting what is said in regards to Alan Gow...

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Sounds like Gow is not going to happen, but still hope for Barr. 'bout right IMO.
'Never say never' :cool2:

Billychaotic182
14-01-2010, 06:53 PM
We all thought the stokes move was dead and he is our player now.

Same thing really. We thought the move was dead. Then they were linked to hearts...... Then we signed them........ could it happen again? :cool2:

CallumLaidlaw
14-01-2010, 06:55 PM

whats his comments on Gow? I cant see the vid from my work PC

God Petrie
14-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Basically said it's a rumour that got out of hand, not the area of the team he wants to strengthen but he said he'd like to work with him in the future and "never say never"

CentreLine
14-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Basically he is a bit evasive when asked by the interviewer about Gow but goes on to say that the front line is not the area of the team being looked at at the moment. He then says how much he would like to work with Gow again one day and finishes off by saying "never say never"

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2010, 07:02 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn: mair hot air about something that could end up being nothing.

hfc rd
14-01-2010, 07:16 PM
That is who they want, BUT I think they will end up with some random Lithunians who we have never heard of.

hfc rd
14-01-2010, 07:40 PM

Same thing really. We thought the move was dead. Then they were linked to hearts...... Then we signed them........ could it happen again? :cool2:

Same about Graeme Smith. We tried to sign him in the summer, but failed. Now we got him in Jan.

sambajustice
14-01-2010, 08:28 PM

Bit like celtic rangers in the 90's...

Celtic would identify a player, be on the verge of signing them, then he signs for a better team and is a rangers player.

Hearts go on about a player, Hibs get them...

haw haw haw

ps Yams then claim they didnt want said player anyway!!

Oscar Lomax
14-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Hibs need a right back badly....that would enable Wotherspoon to play higher up the park. Id also say a centre half is the main priority. I see Russell Anderson has had his contract with Sunderland terminated so here's hoping!

ulises_trotter
15-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Barr is a certainty for hibs.. as is Arfield i believe...

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Thanks for the insight. :wink:

Rumours about both have been doing the rounds for Months and Yogi has already said he is interested in Barr. So do you have any inside knowledge or something to back up this certainty?

ulises_trotter
15-01-2010, 09:08 AM
direct form a source within hibs...

GordonHFC
15-01-2010, 09:13 AM
How good to you rate the source.

It could range from a cleaner to a director !!

sambajustice
15-01-2010, 09:14 AM
How good to you rate the source.

It could range from a cleaner to a director !!

Or a fishmonger...

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 09:15 AM

Well, let's hope he signs before Monday night.

Falkirk are playing Killie in the Scottish so he would be cup-tied.

millarco
15-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Well, let's hope he signs before Monday night.

Falkirk are playing Killie in the Scottish and would be cup-tied.

Think Barr is suspended, so at least he'll be fine unless Falkirk do a Dunfermline.

Part/Time Supporter
15-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Think Barr is suspended, so at least he'll be fine unless Falkirk do a Dunfermline.

He is.

Booked in the quarter final v Inverness (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=579060) and the final v Huns (http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=585027).

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 09:39 AM

You're right.

He is suspended.

SidBurns
15-01-2010, 11:19 AM
You're right.

He is suspended.

Hibbyradge, you are full of knowledge and knowledge is the bomb! :wink:

Personally, I would take Barr and Arfield, get shot of Maka and loan a few others out for first team experience.

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Hibbyradge, you are full of knowledge and knowledge is the bomb! :wink:

And you're a bam! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
15-01-2010, 11:33 AM
You're right.

He is suspended.
That means we can sign him until after Falkirk play in the Scottish Cups or he will be suspended for the Hibs v EC/Montrose tie!

Ozyhibby
15-01-2010, 11:37 AM
That means we can sign him until after Falkirk play in the Scottish Cups or he will be suspended for the Hibs v EC/Montrose tie!

Good point.

Hibbyradge
15-01-2010, 11:48 AM

Good point.

Do we really need him against Edinburgh City or Montrose?

Sign him now and let him sit out that game.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-01-2010, 12:11 PM
I think our bargaining position will be slightly hampered by Anderson's signing with Derby, because theres no doubt that our potential targets will know of our interest in them, and the other we are looking at. Barr and Anderson for example, now we have lesser options, we are in a weaker position.

Apart from Anderson, Barr and today Dailly, i cant think of any publically stated interest we have in centre backs? Perhaps that guy that was on trial, from somewhere in Scandinavia i believe...

monktonharp
15-01-2010, 12:11 PM
seems strange that he is being linked to that Gorgie mob ,as Csaba has consistently said he wants strikers. PR machine in motion methinks,also the question has to be asked,........why the hell would Barr consider going there ? aye that's a real stepping stone these days.be careful not to end up in the water Darren:wink:

Dashing Bob S
15-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Barr won't be coming to Hibs. He's a stick-on for Tynecastle next season.

And the two World Cup stars?

Messi and Bamba.

Toaods
15-01-2010, 10:14 PM
If I was Rod,

blasphemer:grr:

Toaods
15-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Some of us Hibs lot are getting a bit too full of ourselves IMHO.

Barr wants to come to ER to work under Yogi, we all know that, so does everyone at Falkirk and particularly Eddie May.

I personally think May has handled the Barr situation pretty well as the Hibs gun will be pointed at the end of the window so there's no rush from our point of view.

Barr is playing for Falkirk week in , week out and gifted more than the odd goal or penalty but it isnae working(or hasnae yet...:wink: )

Stop stressing and bide your time...:greengrin