PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Savage

hibbie02
12-01-2010, 08:35 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/8453055.stm

Whatever people think of Robbie Savage, this is the sort of attitude you would want to hear from your Captain. Can you imagine Hoggy phoning into a Radio Station and giving some walloper like Preston, some of this! :top marks

Perspective
12-01-2010, 09:01 AM

Whatever people think of Robbie Savage, this is the sort of attitude you would want to hear from your Captain. Can you imagine Hoggy phoning into a Radio Station and giving some walloper like Preston, some of this! :top marks

By the end of that Savage had made a fool of himself. He started off on fire, had the reporter on the ropes but then completely lost his way and sounded ridiculous.

As for Hogg, it's not too dis-similar to him confronting the East Stand aftera game last year. I'd argue that took more guts. People who question his abilities as a captain should actually take the time to watch the games.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2010, 09:09 AM
By the end of that Savage had made a fool of himself. He started off on fire, had the reporter on the ropes but then completely lost his way and sounded ridiculous.

As for Hogg, it's not too dis-similar to him confronting the East Stand aftera game last year. I'd argue that took more guts. People who question his abilities as a captain should actually take the time to watch the games.

Was was said again there? I forget.

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Started well and then continued to make a fool of himself....

lEXO
12-01-2010, 09:15 AM

:top marks

Mikey_1875
12-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Agree with the 2nd post, made his point well and then droned on about it for 10 minutes even when the questions never related to his point when things had clearly moved on. In the end basically admitted to saying the fans shouldn't be moaning at the team although he probably doesnt think that.

hibee_girl
12-01-2010, 09:31 AM

:agree:

Broken Gnome
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
If Chris Hogg was playing well, you wouldn't have people questioning his captaincy. On decent form, people would pick up on the quiet word he had with Hanlon on Saturday, as well as the two strong tackles while others were pussy-footing it about, as showing a good example to others.

By and large he's not playing well, so people do question him. Simple.

The whole issue of captaincy is overrated by the way....

Kaiser_Sauzee
12-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I see Hogg's captaincy as a reward for service more than anything else.

Ian Murray is the leader on the pitch. McBride is a future shout too.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I love savage he's so funny.

joe breezy
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Quite funny, fair play to Savage, I've never been a fan of his but stands his ground on this

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Being discussed here.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=171567

Savage did well for a minute or two then made a fool of himself!

joe breezy
12-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Being discussed here.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=171567

Savage did well for a minute or two then made a fool of himself!

Yeah, he wouldn't let it lie

Their fans deserve better, pretty loyal, almost 30 000 every 2nd week regardless of how they're doing

Sorry for duplicate thread

Jonnyboy
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM

Quite funny, fair play to Savage, I've never been a fan of his but stands his ground on this

Nice one Robbie :greengrin

Pretty Boy
12-01-2010, 01:28 PM
I like Robbie Savage, he's a bit of a d1ck at times but he's a decent player, gives 100% at whatever club he's at and isn't one to hide when the going gets tough.

He makes a few decent points here before starting to sound a bit stupid after 2 minutes or so.

Billychaotic182
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
:top marks:top marks:top marks

blackpoolhibs
12-01-2010, 01:44 PM
As others have said, he started off well, made his point, but wouldn't let it go.
I think he was a decent player, but the games are passing him by now. He used to be able to get in amongst the opposition, but he rarely gets near enough a player these days to do so.

Sammy7nil
12-01-2010, 01:46 PM
He started off well and I think he is BANG right.

Lazy jourrnolists saying "rumour" and can say what the **** the like it is not on.

He was too angry to have a reasonable debate he should answered the questions after his 1 st point

But well done Robbie the **** may think twice before starting I heard a rumour.

hibbie02
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
It is difficult to rant coherently for 10 minutes..... I've tried it!!! :greengrin

My point was it was good to see the Club Captain have the heehaws to confront the media head on and challenge unsubstantiated rumours. So he went too far, but he had that BBC geezers gibbering! :wink:

jgl07
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I love savage he's so funny.
He was the plonker who demanded a transfer from Birmingham because he wanted to move nearer to his home town of Wrexham.

He transferred to Blackburn which is 52 miles from Wrexham as compared to the 61 mile journey from Birmingham!

Mind you Kevin Keegan signed Robert Lee from Charlton for Newcastle. Lee had previously turned down a move to Middlesbrough as it was 'too far from London'. Keegan told Lee that Newcastle was nearer London than 'Boro and Lee believed him!

hibeeleicester
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Was was said again there? I forget.

:agree:What was said?

Hibee_Rab
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM

When Hogg first signed for us didn't he get hurt stopping a car break in? I've always thought of him as quiet brave in that way

Petrie's Tache
12-01-2010, 04:36 PM
When Hogg first signed for us didn't he get hurt trying to break a car in? I've always thought of him as quite brave in that way

:tee hee:

hibsdaft
12-01-2010, 05:20 PM
rale madrid

daaby cowntee

proud_and_green
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
To my mind that was a very good piece of question avoidance on the part of Robbie. Perhaps he's considering a career in politics after he's finished in football.

His initial question was good but as others have said he completely lost it and made an arrse of himself.

Not sure that his point about who the back room staff have played for or what they have won has any relevance - who did Arsene Wenger play for?

He completely ignores the fact that the fans who pay his wages have a right to have their moan and whilst it may have been a bit of a laugh i would be completely embarrassed if Chris Hogg were to to something like this in the name of Hibs.

madabouthibs
12-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Good to hear him stick up for his backroom staff, but I can't respect a guy that wears Ugg boots! :jamboak:

hfc rd
12-01-2010, 10:19 PM
:top marks

blackhibee
14-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I was just listening to this-I know Savage isn't always everybody's favourite footballer, but it's brilliant how he basically tears the local press apart in this interview.

Billychaotic182
14-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I was just listening to this-I know Savage isn't always everybody's favourite footballer, but it's brilliant how he basically tears the local press apart in this interview.

Already been posted on here mate

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 05:57 PM
There were whispers he was coming here :faf:

Gala Foxes
14-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Sav is a legend - gives 150% everywhere he plays, Savage Izzet & Lennon are the main reason Leicester were so successful under Martin O'Neill.

Lucky escape for him was that he was just about to move from Crewe to Hearts on trial before Martin O'Neill snapped him up for The Foxes

My framed signed Hibs top (2004-2005) hangs on the wall beside a framed Sav 2001-2002 Leicester away top

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2010, 10:29 PM
If that interview had stopped about 5 mins earlier, Savage would have been a total hero. But as things stand...

heretoday
15-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Savage is hoping to carve out a career in the media eventually. The BBC especially love that "edgy" mouthy stuff mixed with welsh charm so I'd say we'll be hearing a lot more of Robbie in future.

hibbie02
15-01-2010, 09:03 AM
If that interview had stopped about 5 mins earlier, Savage would have been a total hero. But as things stand...

I think that's why only the first couple of minutes were played on the radio. :greengrin