PDA

View Full Version : Charity football auction

david woods
14-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm holding a football auction at Dalkeith Miners Welfare Club on 26th March to raise funds for my charity, www.classroomintheclouds.org. We build and equip classrooms and schools in Nepal, please have a look at our website if any of you are interested.

I've never organised anything like this before, and was wondering if anyone has any advice or good contacts to blag items for the auction from? I'm going to write to all SPL clubs, but I reckon I am going to have more success if I can direct these enquiries to the right people.

I've got Sue McLernone's email to try at Easter Road, and Willie McEwan has given me tickets before so I'm sure I can get something from him again.

I will be getting a proper speaker (Dick Campbell has been suggested), and am hoping to sell 500 tickets so I need to make sure I get some decent stuff to put up.

I'd like to post on the fan sites of other teams as well, do any of you have any suggestions as to some I could try?

Been ready Hibs.net pretty much daily for more than 4 years now and this is my first post! Left home 2 years ago, and now rely on you guys and HI to give me any news (Hibs dont exist down here), so thanks very much!! :thumbsup:

Saorsa
14-01-2010, 01:31 PM
(Dick Campbell has been suggested)Dinnae let him sing any songs though :wink: :greengrin

blueisthecolour
14-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Dinnae let him sing any songs though :wink: :greengrin

Go on let his sing a few songs, he's a good singer:faf:

blueisthecolour
14-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm holding a football auction at Dalkeith Miners Welfare Club on 26th March to raise funds for my charity, www.classroomintheclouds.org. We build and equip classrooms and schools in Nepal, please have a look at our website if any of you are interested.

I've never organised anything like this before, and was wondering if anyone has any advice or good contacts to blag items for the auction from? I'm going to write to all SPL clubs, but I reckon I am going to have more success if I can direct these enquiries to the right people.

I've got Sue McLernone's email to try at Easter Road, and Willie McEwan has given me tickets before so I'm sure I can get something from him again.

I will be getting a proper speaker (Dick Campbell has been suggested), and am hoping to sell 500 tickets so I need to make sure I get some decent stuff to put up.

I'd like to post on the fan sites of other teams as well, do any of you have any suggestions as to some I could try?

Been ready Hibs.net pretty much daily for more than 4 years now and this is my first post! Left home 2 years ago, and now rely on you guys and HI to give me any news (Hibs dont exist down here), so thanks very much!! :thumbsup:

Try the first division as well mate, I know someone who was looking for stuff for charity and he seemed to get more from the lower league teams than the spl teams, Im sure Dunfermline are normally good at giving stuff.

Tbh I wouldn't hold much hope of getting anything from rangers, they have there own charity's they give to and normally respond to such request with this as they get so many requests.

david woods
14-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I had heard that Rangers and Celtic were both difficult to get from, you tend to only have a chance if you know someone connected to either club.

Cheers for this, I'll go through the first division as well, if you dont ask you dont get!

cocopops1875
14-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Try the first division as well mate, I know someone who was looking for stuff for charity and he seemed to get more from the lower league teams than the spl teams, Im sure Dunfermline are normally good at giving stuff.

Tbh I wouldn't hold much hope of getting anything from rangers, they have there own charity's they give to and normally respond to such request with this as they get so many requests. we did get a rangers singed ball for the longest day sportsmans breakfast so worth trying them:wink:

monktonharp
14-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Been ready Hibs.net pretty much daily for more than 4 years now and this is my first post! Left home 2 years ago, and now rely on you guys and HI to give me any news (Hibs dont exist down here), so thanks very much!! :thumbsup:aye,get auld Dick tae sing a few of his favourite ditties,remember to advertise that,...........sure to bring in a good mixed crowd and give it a bit of colour.:wink: