PDA

View Full Version : Training at Easter Road

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Im off work today and was jst woken up there by lots of noise coming from Easter Rd. Went to my window to see what looks like the whole squad training on the pitch. Anyone know whats wrong with our nice, new purpose built training ground?? Is this a regular thing? The pitch was shocking lst Saturday, really cut up and the ball bobbling everywhere, cant imagine training on it during the week will help :confused:

H18sry
14-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Im off work today and was jst woken up there by lots of noise coming from Easter Rd. Went to my window to see what looks like the whole squad training on the pitch. Anyone know whats wrong with our nice, new purpose built training ground?? Is this a regular thing? The pitch was shocking lst Saturday, really cut up and the ball bobbling everywhere, cant imagine training on it during the week will help :confused:

COVERED IN SNOW PER-CHANCE :devil:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Theres excellent indoor areas for when that happens is there not? :dunno:

Shirly were not training at ER the whole period that weve had snow? There would be no grass left

HibeeMcGinn1
14-01-2010, 10:31 AM

have an indoor pitch though. snowed a wee bit here earlier but nothing major

Dibben
14-01-2010, 10:35 AM
With the indoor pitch at the TC being a quality astro pitch. It's probably worth having at least 1 session on grass and a surface similar to what we'll be playing on on Saturday.

BH.

Delboy4
14-01-2010, 10:41 AM
have an indoor pitch though. snowed a wee bit here earlier but nothing major

The indoor pitch at East Mains is on the small side - I was quite surprised that it was so small...

They can only play 5-a-sides on it or short sprint work.

I had expected that the indoor would have bee like Herriot Wat Uni.
:confused:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 10:42 AM
With the indoor pitch at the TC being a quality astro pitch. It's probably worth having at least 1 session on grass and a surface similar to what we'll be playing on on Saturday.

BH.

Hopefully Tannadice is nothing like our current surface! :devil: We may be able to play some football that way.

erskine-hibby
14-01-2010, 10:43 AM

BH.

Not havin that...far too sensible for on here:wink:

BTW lovin your avatar, preferred "the donkey" though:thumbsup:

Dibben
14-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Not havin that...far too sensible for on here:wink:

BTW lovin your avatar, preferred "the donkey" though:thumbsup:

:agree: :thumbsup:

Still think his best design of helmet was this one...

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/rossi-mugello-motogp-560x377.jpg

but the 'Donkey' was great...

http://www.artasastra.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/artasastra-rossi-donkey.jpg

:thumbsup:

BH.

GlesgaeHibby
14-01-2010, 10:50 AM
McBride said on HI that the snow is still sitting on the grass at East Mains and they've been forced to train indoors this week.

They'll be at ER to get some training done outdoors on a grass surface.

7Hero
14-01-2010, 10:51 AM
i spoke to somebody at hibs about this and the reason is that the site at east mains only has a 7/8 aside indoor facility (this was the existing barn). thus for FULL siuze training facilities they need to use easter road as outside at east mains is covered in snow.

The cost to put a roof over a full size football pitch is astronomical, refurbishing a barn and having outdoor pitches was more to hibs budgets, downside is when we have weather like this..

HibeeMcGinn1
14-01-2010, 10:51 AM
The indoor pitch at East Mains is on the small side - I was quite surprised that it was so small...

yeh suppose but they also have a large astroturf which isnt hard to clear snow off. most of the snow in the area has cleared anyway

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 11:06 AM
i spoke to somebody at hibs about this and the reason is that the site at east mains only has a 7/8 aside indoor facility (this was the existing barn). thus for FULL siuze training facilities they need to use easter road as outside at east mains is covered in snow.

The cost to put a roof over a full size football pitch is astronomical, refurbishing a barn and having outdoor pitches was more to hibs budgets, downside is when we have weather like this..

Toryglen - the indoor facility in Glasgow that a lot of senior clubs have been using recently - cost >£15M to build.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jackross/2010/01/why_tory_is_scottish_footballs.html

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 11:08 AM
yeh suppose but they also have a large astroturf which isnt hard to clear snow off. most of the snow in the area has cleared anyway

Astroturf freezes as well

:wink:

derekHFC
14-01-2010, 11:08 AM

Planning permission is also not easy given the location.

When Hibs first took East Mains, they could only alter the interior of the buildings and were not allowed to build anything apart from the astrograss pitch.

CB_NO3
14-01-2010, 01:39 PM

If i was you, i would go over and tell them to keep the noise down while you get some sleep.

KWJ
14-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Oi! We're on the night shift!!

NGP
14-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm sure the main reason is to train on a full pitch when EM is frozen out, but I'm sure the 1st team train at ER on a regular basis to keep the players familier with the feel of the stadium - if they never train at ER, there is less of an advantage of 'home' ground.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm sure the main reason is to train on a full pitch when EM is frozen out, but I'm sure the 1st team train at ER on a regular basis to keep the players familier with the feel of the stadium - if they never train at ER, there is less of an advantage of 'home' ground.

That's got to be nonsense. For example Man Utd never step foot inside OT except on matchdays.

PaulSmith
14-01-2010, 02:06 PM
John Hughes knows this and exactly why he has asked for undersoil heating to be installed on the grass pitches at East Mains.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 03:34 PM
If i was you, i would go over and tell them to keep the noise down while you get some sleep.

I shouted 'SHUT UP!' out my window and 5 seconds later a football smacked the window. Not sure if it was one of the players getting me back or jst another Rankin squiggler gone wrong.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 03:38 PM

surely not?!?!? Ive never seen them before, other than once during the summer break-pre season time. Training on our lumpy bumpy surface would perhaps explain how our players have lost the ability to pass to a player 10 yards away from them.

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I shouted 'SHUT UP!' out my window and 5 seconds later a football smacked the window. Not sure if it was one of the players getting me back or jst another Rankin squiggler gone wrong.
:yawn:

Ross4356
14-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Is there not another building at EM that we own but not use. If so how big is it?

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 04:15 PM

:agree:

It's the same size as the artificial pitches at the World of Soccer beside the Corn Exchange. You'd struugle to fit 7-a-side on that pitch.

steakbake
14-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Maybe they were just training up at the stadium and there isn't any particular reason why they are not using East Mains.

hfc rd
14-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Probably. Maybe that is why the U 19's are in Portugal.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Maybe they were just training up at the stadium and there isn't any particular reason why they are not using East Mains.

Yogi says in todays BBC interview it's cos they wanted to do an 11 v 11 on proper grass.