PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Jefferies rumour

Mark79
13-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Heard a rumour today that jeffries got the boot after a fall out with chairman over acceptance of bid from hibs for Kyle. Friend of billy brown that informed me.

Toaods
13-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Heard a rumour today that jeffries got the boot after a fall out with chairman over acceptance of bid from hibs for Kyle. Friend of billy brown that informed me.

hope so, as despite some people's reservations on his style of play, he'd make a huge difference to our progress in the short term if not so much in the longer term...:cool2:

Keith_M
13-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Doesn't Kyle play as the forward target man?

It'd be interesting to see what he'd bring to the team, though the danger is always that we could start playing Hoofball.

Toaods
13-01-2010, 09:12 PM

It'd be interesting to see what he'd bring to the team, though the danger is always that we could start playing Hoofball.

I always associate hoofball with a defence battering the ball 60 or 70 yards bypassing midfield, perhaps Yogi wants th eteam to be strong with the ball played into him from midfield for lay offs to Stokes/Riordan either side.

Then again, he may cause a bit of damage himself with more accurate and better weighted passes to feet. He actually has decent control at his feet and more importantly doesn't fall over them every second time...:cool2:

GlesgaeHibby
13-01-2010, 09:13 PM

I reckon Stokes could benefit from having a strike partner that would win high balls in the air and someone that could hold the ball up well and bring him into play.

Having said that, I'm not convinced Kevin Kyle is the man we need.

hibsdaft
13-01-2010, 09:18 PM
it'd be interesting to see what he'd bring to the team

4-4-2

.Sean.
13-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I honestly don't get what alot of people see in Kevin Kyle :dunno:

Can honestly say that of what I have saw of him, he wouldn't offer us anymore than Nish.

Interesting all the same though...

Hibernian Verse
13-01-2010, 09:22 PM

Can honestly say that of what I have saw of him, he wouldn't offer us anymore than Nish.

It's fine he's not joining. 100% guarantee you swear on my heart, hope to die, needles etc that Jeffries didn't leave for this reason :agree:

.Sean.
13-01-2010, 09:30 PM
It's fine he's not joining. 100% guarantee you swear on my heart, hope to die, needles etc that Jeffries didn't leave for this reason :agree:
Carry on sir, you must have the correct story as to why the FJB left Killie :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
13-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Carry on sir, you must have the correct story as to why the FJB left Killie :greengrin

I don't know why he left, just that it wasn't that reason to do with Kyle and Hibs. I presume it was what was said with Johnston re: tactics, I don't know.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2010, 09:32 PM

Ach, what do you know, you are only 17? :devil:

steakbake
13-01-2010, 09:33 PM

:grr::grr: Someone please, stop this madness.

Allant1981
13-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't know why he left, just that it wasn't that reason to do with Kyle and Hibs. I presume it was what was said with Johnston re: tactics, I don't know.

So it might have been for the above reason then

marinello59
13-01-2010, 09:35 PM

I don't know either so I am just going to make it up.:agree:

Jefferies overheard Johnson singing 'Cheer up Jimmy Jefferies' and took the huff. FACT

GlesgaeHibby
13-01-2010, 09:38 PM

:faf: :worms:

Hibernian Verse
13-01-2010, 09:48 PM

:greengrin:top marks

So it might have been for the above reason then

I don't know either so I am just going to make it up.:agree:

Jefferies overheard Johnson singing 'Cheer up Jimmy Jefferies' and took the huff. FACT

I obviously didn't type that in an understandable way :greengrin

I don't know what the reason for Jeffries leaving was, I just know that it wasn't to do with Hibs bidding for Kyle. I was referring to the first post and the rumour, not that I know why JJ left.

I hope that's clearerish.

sixtwo
13-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I doubt this is true. I think the fall out was more to do with the public fall out involving the chairman, JJ and Kyle. The club were starting to look ridiculous.

I know the a lot of our fans are split on the merits of signing kyle. My own view is that he would improve our striking options. :agree: I think he'd work well with stokes or Deeks in a front pairing. I reckon he would offer more than Benji or Nish. He has scored 15 goals in 30 games for a very poor Kilmarnock side.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I know the a lot of our fans are split on the merits of signing kyle. My own view is that he would improve our striking options. :agree: I think he'd work well with stokes or Deeks in a front pairing. I reckon he would offer more than Benji or Nish. He has scored 15 goals in 30 games for a very poor Kilmarnock side.

:top marks:agree:

Musselbound
13-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I certainly don't see any need for Nish and Kyle in the same squad so if he were coming I'd expect Nish to leave.

Sylar
13-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Perhaps we're going to see Nish find a new role as a CH, because he sure as hell isn't a striker?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I would be very dissappointed if this half player half donkey ever ended up wearing the harp. If we are going to look for a player to use as a plan B [ booting the ball the length of the park], then lets get someone with a bit of pace who can trap the ball. Kyle has the attributes for a Hearts team, but a Hibs team....:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

heretoday
13-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I think Hibs should get Mehmet from St Mirren.

He would benefit from a change of club and better service from the flanks.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2010, 11:24 PM

He might be signing for Blackpool if the rumours down this way are true?

tooley
13-01-2010, 11:57 PM

Good news for Yogi then, no chance Kyle will try and get the boys round to 'Taches house!:duck:

hibs is life
14-01-2010, 12:01 AM
He might be signing for Blackpool if the rumours down this way are true?

he would do good down there as he is a good player might pick up a paper when am down on sat sunday and he will be blackpool player by then

and if the rumers are right about kyle then u never no nish might be going back the other way as a swap deal???

Grizz
14-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Good news for Yogi then, no chance Kyle will try and get the boys round to 'Taches house!:duck:

Think it wid be a brave chap to try n pull that stroke with Yogi... :greengrin

RickyS
14-01-2010, 01:03 AM
:greengrin:top marks

I obviously didn't type that in an understandable way :greengrin

I don't know what the reason for Jeffries leaving was, I just know that it wasn't to do with Hibs bidding for Kyle. I was referring to the first post and the rumour, not that I know why JJ left.

I hope that's clearerish.

I cant believe how out of touch with teenagers I am now, all this txt speak:greengrin

rainman
14-01-2010, 05:01 AM
This phrase "Hoofball" gets banded around a lot. having a target man up front doesn't mean the defence is going to launch the ball forward at every opportunity.

Chris Killen did a great job of holding the ball up, allowing our other strikers and midfielders to play off him and get more goals.

We have Wotherspoon sending in excellent crosses every week and I've only seen Stokes get on the end of one of them.

A player like Kevin Kyle would be an asset to our team. Killen made a big difference to Mowbray's team and a similar player would make a big difference to Hughes'.

Haymaker
14-01-2010, 05:49 AM
This phrase "Hoofball" gets banded around a lot. having a target man up front doesn't mean the defence is going to launch the ball forward at every opportunity.

Chris Killen did a great job of holding the ball up, allowing our other strikers and midfielders to play off him and get more goals.

We have Wotherspoon sending in excellent crosses every week and I've only seen Stokes get on the end of one of them.

A player like Kevin Kyle would be an asset to our team. Killen made a big difference to Mowbray's team and a similar player would make a big difference to Hughes'.

:agree: A player who can keep his back to goal, occupying a defender all game whos main role is to receive passes to set back or to the sides is very useful in most formations and systems of play. Doesnt mean "Hoof it up the park for the big fella!" style.

Auckland Hibs
14-01-2010, 06:36 AM

I said the same thing over a year ago and was shot down in flames here :greengrin

I'd take Mehmet over Nish in a second :agree:

ACLeith
14-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Exactly, Barca and Ibrahimovic ?

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 07:11 AM

I 100% concur

KWJ
14-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Good stuff, he's a huddy. Nish too is a huddy and on their day both can be decent and match winners but those days are too few and far between.

Reckon the best Scottish striker for the hold up play is actually Lee Miller which is embarrassing. Fletcher is going to surpass him in this though and is already far superior.

KWJ
14-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Good stuff, he's a huddy. Nish too is a huddy and on their day both can be decent and match winners but those days are too few and far between.

Reckon the best Scottish striker for the hold up play is actually Lee Miller which is embarrassing. Fletcher is going to surpass him in this though and is already far superior.

Oops, Garry O'Connor is the best Scottish target man actually. Reckon Brum will bring in another striker making it even harder for him to get a game. Probably go somewhere else like Newcastle/Middlesboro but would absolutely love to get him back up sooner than we thought.

Toaods
14-01-2010, 07:46 AM

John Toshack and Kevin Keegan in the Liverpool team of the 70's....."the best brand of hoofball, the world's ever seen.....GOOOOAALLLLL" :greengrin

Ritchie
14-01-2010, 08:08 AM

ehh???? :bitchy:

wotherspoons passing/crossing has been terrible recently.

Ritchie
14-01-2010, 08:10 AM

:bitchy:

i can honestly say i would never thought id hear those two words together.

kyle is a better player than nish and would bring a lot more to the hibs team. :agree:

HELMIE-HIBEE
14-01-2010, 11:11 AM
:pray: PRAY WE DONT SIGN KYLE... MAYBE WE SHOULD LISTEN TO THE KILLE FANS.....?
THERE IS NO LAZIER STRIKER IN THE SPL! THAN KYLE..

THOUGHT WE ALL ENJOYED AND WANTED: GOOD OFF THE BALL RUNNING; DECENT LINK UP PLAY;GOOD TEAM SPIRIT AND SUPPORT OF MANAGEMENT.... NONE OF WHICH WE'LL GET WITH KYLE.:grr:

Beefster
14-01-2010, 11:18 AM
We need some strength up front and in midfield. If Yogi thinks that Kyle is the answer to one of those problems, that's good enough for me.

Time for Nish to move on if Kyle arrives though.

CorrieHibs
14-01-2010, 12:16 PM

I would agree with u about Miller i would rather Hibs got him than Kyle. I do think Kyle is a good player and will benefit Stokes a lot mor ethan Nish does.

Hakim Sar
14-01-2010, 12:22 PM

I never understand the comparisons? nish and Kyle are somehow always compared, but totally different. if anything nish is a back post lurker or occasionally a work horse (oh dear) from slightly deeper.

Kyle is a man for winning headers, endless free kicks in opposition half and is a complete and utter battering ram - something probably particularly useful against the jambos/Dundee utd/rangers

Dunno if it's his height or the kilmarnock connection but 2 routinely different players IMHO

Hope scunthorpe offer us 100k for nish again

Expecting Rain
14-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Kyle would give us another much needed option up front to supplement Stokes and Riordan and also help young Byrne should he get the odd oportunity, Benji and Nish are far too inconsistent, at this point i`m choosing my words carefully and with lots of kindness.

Gingertosser
14-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I know this is going to be controversial, but...

I think Nade is the best player in the league for holding the ball up, and holding off defenders :confused:

Tyler Durden
14-01-2010, 01:37 PM
ehh???? :bitchy:

wotherspoons passing/crossing has been terrible recently.

Yeah spot on.

Apart from his pass for the first goal on Saturday. Or his pass to Riordan to help create our goal against Hearts. Or........

GreenPJ
14-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Oops, Garry O'Connor is the best Scottish target man actually. Reckon Brum will bring in another striker making it even harder for him to get a game. Probably go somewhere else like Newcastle/Middlesboro but would absolutely love to get him back up sooner than we thought.

Garry O'Connor has a terrible first touch and was not a great target man. Garry was great at running into the channels and pulling the CH's out of position but he was not and is not a good target man.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Garry O'Connor has a terrible first touch and was not a great target man. Garry was great at running into the channels and pulling the CH's out of position but he was not and is not a good target man.

Kyle cannae run ..

lapsedhibee
14-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I think Nade is the best player in the league for holding the ball up, and holding off defenders

:agree:

Hibs Spain
14-01-2010, 03:06 PM
hope so, as despite some people's reservations on his style of play, he'd make a huge difference to our progress in the short term if not so much in the longer term...:cool2:

At least he wouldn't crumple every time he was touched like our other target man!

KWJ
14-01-2010, 04:10 PM
:bitchy:

i can honestly say i would never thought id hear those two words together.

kyle is a better player than nish and would bring a lot more to the hibs team. :agree:

Haven't looked but I'd put dosh on Nish having scored more goals than Kyle in their careers and their about the same age. Kyle is absolute guff, one of the worst players to have ever been given a Scotland cap. He gave Killie a little boost when he came in, that's it. The guy is a donkey.

Nish isn't much better but I'd pick him over Kyle. Point I was making however is that there is no point replacing pish with pish.

KWJ
14-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Maybe not in terms of punting high balls up the field but I reckon his ball retention was good enough. A target man doesn't necessarily mean the balls have to be for him to flick on and stuff, balls into the channel aimed for him to run on to is still a target man.

sundo1875
14-01-2010, 06:14 PM
kyle is the most overrated player in the spl imo

Baw187
14-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I said the same thing over a year ago and was shot down in flames here :greengrin

I'd take Mehmet over Nish in a second :agree:

:agree:

I totally agree, Paul. Was at both St Mirren v Hibs games this season and he's looked strong and decent on the ball.

hfc rd
14-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I think Kyle would jump at the chance to join Hibs. But if this is true then how come nothing has been announced. The only players I hear we are after are Barr & Gow.