PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jimmy the Tangoman

MacBean
13-01-2010, 07:52 PM
SSN reporting that Jimmy Calderwood has been offered a deal by Killie and could well be in charge by this weekend.

Tanner stating that it looks like a deal until the summer.

EasterRoad4Ever
13-01-2010, 07:56 PM
SSN reporting that Jimmy Calderwood has been offered a deal by Killie and could well be in charge by this weekend.

Surprised at the quality of some of the managers associated with the Killie job - didn't think they were that attractive, as JJ has been the main reason they've been punching above their weight for years. Expect them to be in Div 1 within 2 years.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Would be funny if they finish above Aberdeen:thumbsup:

bingo70
13-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Would be a good appointment.

He's a far better manager than he's given credit for IMO, he's achieved more than Levein but got nowhere near as good a reputation for some reason, his ridiculous orange skin can't help of course.

Toaods
13-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Jimmy Calderwood...

Tanner

How appropriate...:faf:

erin go bragh
13-01-2010, 08:26 PM
tango man also in talks with utd[dundee]
i no who i would pick:cool2:

18/03/07
13-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I thought qos had let chisolm speak to them

Hainan Hibs
13-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Big JC (Tangoman, nae Collins:greengrin) is a good manager, done very well at Aberdeen apart from some of the cup exits.

Would be a good appointment by Killie.

Sir David Gray
13-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I never really understood the criticism that he received from the Aberdeen fans. I thought he did consistently well with them, getting them into the top four in all but one of his seasons in charge and he was also statistically one of their best managers since Sir Alex.

I thought Jefferies did a good job at Kilmarnock but I think Calderwood would be a good choice for them.

marinello59
13-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I never really understood the criticism that he received from the Aberdeen fans. I thought he did consistently well with them, getting them into the top four in all but one of his seasons in charge and he was also statistically one of their best managers since Sir Alex.

I thought Jefferies did a good job at Kilmarnock but I think Calderwood would be a good choice for them.

I can. Although I hoped they would be stuck with him for all eternity.
I really hope he gets the Killie job so I can welcome him back to ER when they come visiting.:devil:

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't think that he will take it, even if it is offered. He has proved his ability to pull a club up from its' knees and I don't think that he would want to do that again. He walked away from Dunfermline because although he built a decent side there, the fans would not turn out in any numbers. I am not sure that Killie would be too far different from that. As soon as McGhoo was back in the SPL and got a bit of his credibility back it was nailed on that he was going to Pittodrie. Chisholm will take it, QOS will get a wee sweetie to soften the blow, then they will give their job to Billy Dodds.

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't think that he will take it, even if it is offered.

I think he will. He wouldn't have went for the interview then "submitted his wage demands" if he didn't want it. I think he's panicking about being out of the game for too long and wants to get back in a job. If he does well over the next few months/year and enhance his reputation/CV he'd probably jump ship at the 1st CCC job offered to him.

vanNISHtelroy
14-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Press conference at Rugby Park for five o'clock :agree:

HELMIE-HIBEE
14-01-2010, 03:18 PM
No luck for Killie then if it's Tango- Jim.

MSK
14-01-2010, 03:23 PM
No luck for Killie then if it's Tango- Jim.I dont know ..he is one o the better Managers oot a job ..

sesoim
14-01-2010, 03:24 PM
If Killie get Calderwood they are VERY lucky. Most of the criticism he has gotten over the years is moronic - anybody with half a brain who's bothered to look at his managerial record can see he is a great manager. Forget his image - I reckon he is the best manager in the SPL.

Killie are probably a good bet to scrape into the top six before the end of the season - and then maybe he will get more credit.

HELMIE-HIBEE
14-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Tango-Jim will make Killie a decent short term team, but as per his past successes?? he will wreck any youth system Killie have in place, as he did at Dons. Thats why we were delighted that our board saw sense and didn't take him to ER. (The best youth system in Scotland)

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Tango-Jim will make Killie a decent short term team, but as per his past successes?? he will wreck any youth system Killie have in place, as he did at Dons. Thats why we were delighted that our board saw sense and didn't take him to ER. (The best youth system in Scotland)

He seems to have left Aberdeen's youth setup in reasonable shape (Fyvie, Pawlett, Paton)

:confused:

vanNISHtelroy
14-01-2010, 04:13 PM
:agree:

Unless MJ messes up the conference Killie have a manager

GlesgaeHibby
14-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Tango Man is back in the SPL at Killie. Confirmed.

HELMIE-HIBEE
14-01-2010, 04:24 PM
He seems to have left Aberdeen's youth setup in reasonable shape (Fyvie, Pawlett, Paton)

:confused:

Seem good young players, but dont think they came through youth system-Pawlett is english, Paton from Brechin,but maybe Fyvie is the loan gem.
Our lot have the success of raising decent players from young age not buying in or poaching teenagers.
Anyhow thats Jim back in the game, looking forward to the sideline entertainment,,

jgl07
14-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Mixu got Hibs into the top six both years he was manager and he was slagged unmercifully.

I would have throught that Alex Smith had the edge on Tangoman statistically. A Scottish Cup, a League Cup, consistently high in the League. Pipped by Rangers on the final match of the season for the Premier Division title.

Jefferies was good for Killie but he had reached the end of his shelf life and it is to the benefit of all that he moved on.

oldbutdim
14-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Tango Man is back in the SPL at Killie. Confirmed.

I've missed his interviews. You know?

iwasthere1972
14-01-2010, 05:42 PM

I've missed wearing sun glasses while watching TV. :agree:

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Backward step for Killie imo, he won't take them anywhere that's for sure

iwasthere1972
14-01-2010, 05:49 PM

He's on BBC1 now. :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
14-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Backward step for Killie imo, he won't take them anywhere that's for sure

Dunno bout that.

snooky
14-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Elsie Tanner for Killie? Who would have thought? He must have heard about the pies.

Anybody know if Jimmy Nichol is part of the deal too?

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I think he will. He wouldn't have went for the interview then "submitted his wage demands" if he didn't want it. I think he's panicking about being out of the game for too long and wants to get back in a job.

Another exclusive for you guys. :cool2:

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Dunno bout that.

They have zero money mate and to my knowledge don't have a very good under 19 team and I don't rate baw face at all

Sorry...

Keith_M
14-01-2010, 09:00 PM
It least it means he'll be back on 'Only an Excuse'

:greengrin