PDA

View Full Version : NHC Munich

bingo70
13-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Just got booked up to go to Munich in March and as luck would have it Bayern are at home to Freiburg when we're there so got a few questions for anyone thats been........

How hard is it to get tickets, is it expensive and am i right in saying the ground is pretty central?

Cheers for any help :thumbsup:

Jumbo
13-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Got tickets through viagogo, a couple of years ago for game against Bayer Leverkusen, great stadium and worth a visit

Buc
13-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Was there a couple of years ago. Great city but couldn't get tickets for a match as they were sold out through the club (too many season ticket holders) and I didn't want to pay the high prices through an agency. No the ground is not central but was easy to get to by train. Enjoy the trip.

Keith_M
13-01-2010, 08:56 PM
It will be difficult to get tickets for the game, they have capacity crowds every match. I would try though, because it's some experience. If you don't get to a game, you really need to do the stadium tour.

The stadium isn't central but the transport links are fantastic. Just get the underground from town to Fröttmaning, on the U6 line.

Hope it works out for you.

Gala Foxes
13-01-2010, 09:35 PM
went 2 seasons ago - you can pick them up outside face value

bingo70
13-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Cheers for the advice folks.

There's 13 of us going so we'll probably head to the ground and hope for the best, is there any pubs near the ground?

zlatan
13-01-2010, 09:46 PM
You'll get them easy off viagogo a week or two before the match, get to the stadium early to collect though as the que is horrible.

€13 for Bayern - Dortmund last year, was a great game. The city itself is also cracking.

zlatan
13-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Cheers for the advice folks.

There's 13 of us going so we'll probably head to the ground and hope for the best, is there any pubs near the ground?

Order them online and collect, the 13 euro tickets are for standing behind the goal so you can all stand together easy enough.

bingo70
13-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Order them online and collect, the 13 euro tickets are for standing behind the goal so you can all stand together easy enough.

Cheers, was forgetting German stadiums have standing sections

zlatan
13-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Also, there aren't any pubs near the ground sadly, bar the train station there is absolutely nothing near the ground :hilarious

You can buy drink in the stadium though :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
13-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Should be able to get tickets, and trains will take to near ground, if you get your ticket before going to the ground this get's you on the trains free, Germany is prob the best country in the world to there football fans, tickets are really cheap compared to Scotland and im sure I don't need to tell you the standard is much higher, the ground is excellent.

I have followed rangers to loads of country's and can say I don't think Germany can be faulted for the way fans are treated, good food, fantastic beer, great football and atmosphere and all very reasonably priced.

Expecting Rain
14-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Just got booked up to go to Munich in March and as luck would have it Bayern are at home to Freiburg when we're there so got a few questions for anyone thats been........

How hard is it to get tickets, is it expensive and am i right in saying the ground is pretty central?

Cheers for any help :thumbsup:

A 15 minute walk from the station to the ground, a brilliant stadium and Munich is a great city to visit.

Haymaker
14-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I went in april, sadly it was a big game against Shalke so it was sold out but went along anyway and had some beer outside the wonderfull stadium and had the german football songs translated which are quite funny!

Jumbo
14-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Here's the tickets they have on sale for Freiburg game at moment, http://fcbayern.viagogo.de/Sport-Tickets/Fussball/1-Bundesliga/FC-Bayern-Muenchen-Karten/E-209778