PDA

View Full Version : Yams Mikey "Mikey" Stewart for Dundee?

RickyS
13-01-2010, 05:06 PM
sorry if its been posted elsewhere, but I have been told that "sideways" is in talks about signin a pre-contract with Dundee and that talks have been positive and are at an advanced stage.
would be pleased if true as the Yams would be sick and they would be losing a key player.

Martin
13-01-2010, 05:13 PM
sorry if its been posted elsewhere, but I have been told that "sideways" is in talks about signin a pre-contract with Dundee and that talks have been positive and are at an advanced stage.
would be pleased if true as the Yams would be sick and they would be losing a key player.

Dundee or Dundee United?

Dibben
13-01-2010, 05:14 PM
would have thought 'Dundee'

BH.

MSK
13-01-2010, 05:15 PM
would be pleased if true as the Yams would be sick and they would be losing a key player.The same yams who have boo'd him off the park this season...?

MrSmith
13-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Money must be talking then! Or...he knows something all the rest don't?? :devil::bye:

Monktonhall 7
13-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Was talking to one of the guys on the Hibs board at ER on Saturday, discussing Ian Murrays contract and options. He reckoned, that apart from the Infirm, only 3 clubs in Scotland could afford Ians wages. Us, Aberdeen & Dundee FC!

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I know they're clear at the top, but I hope signs a precontract then they finish 2nd :thumbsup:

Toaods
13-01-2010, 05:22 PM
I know they're clear at the top, but I hope signs a precontract then they finish 2nd :thumbsup:

won't matter to him - he'll be going there for the cash.

RickyS
13-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Dundee or Dundee United?

Dundee

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2010, 05:26 PM
The same yams who have boo'd him off the park this season...?

until he scored a few penalties. He is now god again. :confused:

MSK
13-01-2010, 05:28 PM
until he scored a few penalties. He is now god again. :confused:Certainly going by the yams i know they wouldnt lose any sleep if/when he departs ...Aguiar is going back remember ..:faf:

18/03/07
13-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Certainly going by the yams i know they wouldnt lose any sleep if/when he departs ...Aguiar is going back remember ..:faf:
And iv also posted on that thread

nonshinyfinish
13-01-2010, 08:36 PM

:faf:

I'd ***** myself.

Sylar
13-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Dundee are a club who are on the up, both on and off the park. The investment from Barr seems to have ensured that money isn't an issue at Dens Park, and should they reach the SPL, they already have a shopping list of players to launch an assault on a European place.

I know a couple of people on the board at Dundee, and they're extremely confident of adding a few players in January, though I must admit, Stewart wasn't a name they mentioned to me. Darren Barr was one of the names, and they're confident of landing him.

It would be a good move for Michael Stewart, as he's doing nothing at Hearts.

ArabHibee
13-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I ******* hate Dundee!! :grr:

That is all.

PC Stamp
13-01-2010, 09:30 PM
won't matter to him - he'll be going there for the cash.

Actually I would be surprised if money was the primary driver for any move Stewart might make at this stage of his career. By all accounts he's made his money from Man U work very well for him with some very astute property deals done I was told.

ScottB
13-01-2010, 09:40 PM
If the arse doesn't fall out of Dundee's financial aspect, they could well be a very serious threat to us, competing for similar players and challenging for Europe.

Barr and Stewart would be great signings for them, would be surprising if either went there this month though surely? Summer switches I'd think.

18/03/07
13-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I ******* hate Dundee!! :grr:

That is all.
Can understand that bud,but i'll always have fond memories off Dens park 1986 and Sir Albert Kidd

MSK
13-01-2010, 09:43 PM
And iv also posted on that threadSuperb ...:aok:....:rolleyes:

gorgie_harp
13-01-2010, 09:47 PM
:faf::faf::top marks

Leithenhibby
13-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Can understand that bud,but i'll always have fond memories off Dens park 1996 and Sir Albert Kidd

shirley shome mistake...86..:wink:

MSK
13-01-2010, 10:21 PM
shirley shome mistake...86..:wink::greengrin

Scotthibs1875
13-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Was talking to one of the guys on the Hibs board at ER on Saturday, discussing Ian Murrays contract and options. He reckoned, that apart from the Infirm, only 3 clubs in Scotland could afford Ians wages. Us, Aberdeen & Dundee FC!
Surely not, they are *****ing money right now:confused:

IWasThere2016
13-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Dundee are a club who are on the up, both on and off the park. The investment from Barr seems to have ensured that money isn't an issue at Dens Park, and should they reach the SPL, they already have a shopping list of players to launch an assault on a European place.

I know a couple of people on the board at Dundee, and they're extremely confident of adding a few players in January, though I must admit, Stewart wasn't a name they mentioned to me. Darren Barr was one of the names, and they're confident of landing him.

It would be a good move for Michael Stewart, as he's doing nothing at Hearts.

Its Melville at Dens not Barr, S

IWasThere2016
13-01-2010, 11:02 PM

Dundee - yes; Sheep - naw.

Dees are rumoured to be considering an offer for Russell Anderson and Kevin Kyle - they've decided against the latter I believe.

Any offer to Anderson would/will be more than we offered.

hibs is life
13-01-2010, 11:09 PM
well good luck 2 the ginger ninja he only playes good against use but would be a good target 4 dundee if they get him as he would do a job 4 them

ON THE BENCH :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

ballengeich
13-01-2010, 11:54 PM
good target 4 dundee

Who are targets 1,2 and 3?

RickyS
13-01-2010, 11:56 PM

It would be a good move for Michael Stewart, as he's doing nothing at
Hearts.

was Charlie Mulgrew one of them?

Littlest Hobo
14-01-2010, 01:52 AM
I'll get shot down for this but I'd take Mikey back in a NY minute. :tin hat::thumbsup:

Hibercelona
14-01-2010, 01:58 AM
I'll get shot down for this but I'd take Mikey back in a NY minute. :tin hat::thumbsup:

:gun:

:wink:

jgl07
14-01-2010, 02:24 AM
It will all end in tears.

I recall when the Marr Brothers and that Italian crook de Stefano were signing the likes of Carniggia and Ravanelli and ended up with debts of £23 million and in administration.

Sylar
14-01-2010, 07:15 AM

I recall when the Marr Brothers and that Italian crook de Stefano were signing the likes of Carniggia and Ravanelli and ended up with debts of £23 million and in administration.

The Melville's (Cheers G, no idea where Barr came from) seem to have a good business plan for the club. There's talk of a move away from Dens up here, with the city looking to move both teams into a new stadium as part of the ongoing redevelopment of the city of Dundee. There's been a lot of investment from business up here, and the fact that the club are flying has attendances at a decent level just now, generating good revenue.

As to the previous poster who asked, yes, Charlie Mulgrew was one of the names mentioned, though personally, I can't see it.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 07:27 AM
The Melville's (Cheers G, no idea where Barr came from) seem to have a good business plan for the club. There's talk of a move away from Dens up here, with the city looking to move both teams into a new stadium as part of the ongoing redevelopment of the city of Dundee. There's been a lot of investment from business up here, and the fact that the club are flying has attendances at a decent level just now, generating good revenue.

As to the previous poster who asked, yes, Charlie Mulgrew was one of the names mentioned, though personally, I can't see it.

:agree: A wrong appointment at Tanna and the Dees will overtake the Arabs.

The clubs need to groundshare - and there appears to be minimal opposition to this.

Given the Dees attendances, they are needed in the SPL :agree: Which would be dandy for seeing the Hibs! :thumbsup:

Sandy
14-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Always had a soft spot for Dundee, and not just because of 86 either, don't really know why though :confused:

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Always had a soft spot for Dundee, and not just because of 86 either, don't really know why though :confused:

:agree: My 'second' team .. if we'd gone to the wall via Wallets Mercenary, I'd have ended up going to Dens.

dirtydirk
14-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I dont like them. They are probably as anti catholic as rangers are and tar us with all the fenian mini celtic stuff.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 07:37 AM
I dont like them. They are probably as anti catholic as rangers are and tar us with all the fenian mini celtic stuff.

I know loads of Dundee fans who are RC :confused: Sectarianism is a non-issue in Dundee

lapsedhibee
14-01-2010, 08:56 AM

Bit of respect for Dundeeonians FC as they were first team I ever saw completely outclass Hibs at ER. Early-mid sixties and IIRC Alan Gilzean scored all of their four going on fourteen goals without reply. That was around the time DFC got to the semis of the European Cup.

brog
14-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Apart from 1986, :thumbsup: Dundee also played a prominent role in Yams losing league on goal average in 1965. A month or 2 before the season end the 'Dee went to PBS & won 7-1!! Yams lost league by about 0.4 of a goal. If Dundee had won 6-1 Yams would have won the league. For those 2 reasons I'll always have a soft spot for Dundee.

lapsedhibee
14-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Dundee also played a prominent role in Yams losing league on goal average in 1965. A month or 2 before the season end the 'Dee went to PBS & won 7-1!! Yams lost league by about 0.4 of a goal. If Dundee had won 6-1 Yams would have won the league.

Good point. We also did our bit that year, though, deliberately losing both league games against Killiemarnock but beating the yams at the PBS on New Year's Day. Only goal of that game was scored by Willie Hamilton, a former yam. :faf:

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I know loads of Dundee fans who are RC :confused: Sectarianism is a non-issue in Dundee

Not since they dumped all the Tims in the Tay

:greengrin

:fishin:

heretoday
14-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Bit of respect for Dundeeonians FC as they were first team I ever saw completely outclass Hibs at ER. Early-mid sixties and IIRC Alan Gilzean scored all of their four going on fourteen goals without reply. That was around the time DFC got to the semis of the European Cup.

We used to have cracking games against Dundee in the 60s/70s. They came to play attacking football and had people like Charlie Cooke and Jocky Scott.

AndyM_1875
14-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Absolute guff.
I'm friends with 2 Dundee fans and they're both Catholics.

The fact that one is a dead ringer for Hen Broon from the Broons is neither here nor there.

brog
14-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Good point. We also did our bit that year, though, deliberately losing both league games against Killiemarnock but beating the yams at the PBS on New Year's Day. Only goal of that game was scored by Willie Hamilton, a former yam. :faf:

One of my fav games of all time. If I remember correctly ended a very long drought at PBS.
PS, I was at final game against Killie when Yams lost league, coincidentally 2-0 as well! I had my Hibs scarf on but hidden. At end of game none other than King Pat passed me on the terracing, gave me a wink & discretely showed me his Hibs blazer on underneath his coat!
Magic!

Just Jimmy
14-01-2010, 12:06 PM

nonsense. As mentioned by others, anyone who has regualr contact with dundee supporters and the city in general knows this.

Frazerbob
14-01-2010, 12:19 PM
nonsense. As mentioned by others, anyone who has regualr contact with dundee supporters and the city in general knows this.

Think there is a general miss-understanding of the Dundee Derry Boys song which causes people to think they are another Diet Hun type support.

Just Jimmy
14-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Think there is a general miss-understanding of the Dundee Derry Boys song which causes people to think they are another Diet Hun type support.

perhaps, and no doubt they will have an ******** element to the support like all clubs, however to suggest Dundee is a club with sectarian issues is wide of the mark.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 02:34 PM
perhaps, and no doubt they will have an ******** element to the support like all clubs, however to suggest Dundee is a club with sectarian issues is wide of the mark.

:agree:

RickyS
14-01-2010, 03:00 PM

my in-laws, in fact all the family on the wifes side are all die hard Dee's and I have never heard any sectarian stuff at all, in fact they all detest the Yams!:jamboak:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-01-2010, 03:28 PM

I tend to agree, hate to sound negative but seen it soooo many times now. You cant just go throwing money at things. Hopefully Dundee have leant their lesson from a few yrs ago. Time will tell i guess

jacomo
15-01-2010, 12:03 PM
If the arse doesn't fall out of Dundee's financial aspect, they could well be a very serious threat to us, competing for similar players and challenging for Europe.

Barr and Stewart would be great signings for them, would be surprising if either went there this month though surely? Summer switches I'd think.

But it will. It always does.

Andy74
15-01-2010, 12:25 PM
But it will. It always does.

Of couse it does. The only way to run a football club is to pay out only what you get in. What's Dundee's attendance? Whatever it is that's their level.

If they want to take on Hibs and others financially then it's only going to go one way.

Cocaine&Caviar
15-01-2010, 12:58 PM
A Brian Kerr & Mikey Stewart CM Partnership? I wouldnt lose any sleep...

ancient hibee
15-01-2010, 01:09 PM
I remember the Dundee team of the mid sixties beat Hearts 7-1 at Tynecastle.Hearts goal was an OG.

lapsedhibee
15-01-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember the Dundee team of the mid sixties beat Hearts 7-1 at Tynecastle.Hearts goal was an OG.

I wonder if that was the same season that Hertz didn't win the league by a fraction of a goal.

CapitalHibs
15-01-2010, 01:38 PM

That was a terrific Dundee team, Ancient!

Off the top o ma heid:

Liney
Hamilton
Cox
Seith
Ure
Wishart
Smith
Penman
Gilzean
Cousin
Robertson

brog
15-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I wonder if that was the same season that Hertz didn't win the league by a fraction of a goal.

You're bad!! :wink: Ancient, see post #39. I think you're right about the og though & I believe it was Alan Cousin who of course joined us soon after!

CentreLine
15-01-2010, 01:48 PM
That was a terrific Dundee team, Ancient!

Off the top o ma heid:

Liney
Hamilton
Cox
Seith
Ure
Wishart
Smith
Penman
Gilzean
Cousin
Robertson

Alan Cousin ended up at Easter Road and sat on the bench first time substitutes were allowed. Think that was the 67-68 season

johnrebus
15-01-2010, 02:10 PM
If Dundee can compete with us on wages when signing players then something has to give.

There ' decent ' crowds as someone put it, amount to around 4,500, and even when the Marr Brothers were throwing the cash at it, they rarely got above 6,000 for matches outwith the OF, DUFC and the sheep.

If they are to compete in the top half of the SPL then someone must be prepared to pour their money into a bottomless pit......,

:confused:

Ritchie
15-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Alan Cousin ended up at Easter Road and sat on the bench first time substitutes were allowed. Think that was the 67-68 season

EHHHH!!!??

there never used to be subs??!!! :panic:

weonlywon6-2
15-01-2010, 02:28 PM

if that was the case the jumbos would have won the league in 1986 ??

CentreLine
15-01-2010, 02:53 PM
EHHHH!!!??

there never used to be subs??!!! :panic:

No. those were the days when men were men and so were the women.

Players just got up and got on with it. No diving, no rolling about in agony, no tactical changes and no replacements even if someone was stretchered off. They were introduced in (IIRC) 1967-8 season and Alan Cousin was the man wearing No.12 (yes the team on the park simply wore No.1 to 11, no squad numbers). Only one sub was allowed on the bench at that time. It was a few years later it went to 2 subs and of course now they can't move for subs in the West.

Oh yes, and the players took to the field in freshly pressed strips and some of them even changed at half time in to new freshly pressed strips.

All very civilised. You could even enjoy the game in the company of a pal who supported the opposition.

CapitalHibs
15-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Seem to remember Alan ending up playing centre half for us? Think the legs were pretty well shot when he joined us.

Alan Gilzean was the player I really liked. Was transfered to Spurs and picked up a few International caps.