PDA

View Full Version : Hatton to fight on

Pretty Boy
13-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Ricky hatton has announced he will have one more fight at 140lbs against a 'champion or big name.'

Likely opponents are Juan Manuel marquez or Juan Urango (a previous Hatton victim and IBF champ). Venue likely to be Manchester or London.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/8405534.stm

I think Ben Dirs sums it up nicely in his BBC blog: 'It will be sad to see him back with nothing to prove except maybe to himself.'

jonty
13-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Just seen his interview on SSN - he's not half piled the beef on!

hibsdaft
13-01-2010, 05:58 PM
oh dear.

J-C
14-01-2010, 09:16 AM
He won't be happy till he's seriously ill in hospital suffering from brain damage, as a so called athlete how can anyone pile on 4 stones between fights, then take it off again is just mad. The damage done to the body is unbelievable, muscle wastage and strength loss, all contribute to a boxer who looks great but has absolute zero in the tank and therefore unable to take a decent punch.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Yes, McGuigan called it correct, sometimes fighters have to be protected from themselves.

I love Hatton, a great fighter and by all accounts a genuinely classy chap, but he's had his day.

It seems he's still beating himself up at the fact that his two biggest fights came about three years too late for him, and he seems to have developed a martyrdom instinct. I agree, he's on a collision course with serious injury. All he's doing is cheapening his still-great legacy with these sad stunts.

anon1
20-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Yes, McGuigan called it correct, sometimes fighters have to be protected from themselves.

I love Hatton, a great fighter and by all accounts a genuinely classy chap, but he's had his day.

It seems he's still beating himself up at the fact that his two biggest fights came about three years too late for him, and he seems to have developed a martyrdom instinct. I agree, he's on a collision course with serious injury. All he's doing is cheapening his still-great legacy with these sad stunts.

Spot on. Ricky, call it a day please. You're much better off out of the ring.

Ed De Gramo
20-01-2010, 10:27 PM
looking more like Ricky Fatton

Call it a day Ricky :agree:

The_Horde
21-01-2010, 01:09 AM
Is that the remainders of a mars bar on his chin?