PDA

View Full Version : New Burnley Manager

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Its not Hughes then :agree: :greengrin

Brian Laws just announced as new manager...

PC Stamp
13-01-2010, 03:41 PM
A former Burnley player but I doubt the fans will consider it an inspiring appointment after Coyle. Back to the Championship for the clarets I fear!

IWasThere2016
13-01-2010, 03:56 PM
A former Burnley player but I doubt the fans will consider it an inspiring appointment after Coyle. Back to the Championship for the clarets I fear!

I think so too.

J-C
13-01-2010, 03:57 PM
A totally underwhelming appointment, done SFA so far in his managerial career.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't get this one at all. A smallish club with modest assets and cash [ by EPL standards] that want to survive in the big league appoint a manager who was punted from his last position where he could not make progress at a huge club [ only Newcastle are bigger?] in a smaller league. It would have surprised me if he had got another job in the CCC never mind EPL. Maybe getting a big wad in from Bolton for Coyle and not [being able to?]spending one penny on on the replacement is one of the reasons why Coyle left.

iwasthere1972
14-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Its not Hughes then :agree: :greengrin

Brian Laws just announced as new manager...

I hope he does enough to keep Burnley up but I very much doubt it. Very strange appointment.

ShanksSaidNo
14-01-2010, 01:12 PM
A totally underwhelming appointment, done SFA so far in his managerial career.
I wouldnt be so quick to write him off. Mowbray to Hibs a prime example. I remember the morning it was announced he was going to be our new gaffer and i nearly spewed. How wrong was i! Sometimes, just sometimes managers who are given a chance get it right!

I dont know too much about this guy but he's apparently a Burnley man at heart. In these relegation battles (which they are undoubtedly heading for) having a guy like that at the helm can be half the battle!

iwasthere1972
14-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt be so quick to write him off. Mowbray to Hibs a prime example. I remember the morning it was announced he was going to be our new gaffer and i nearly spewed. How wrong was i! Sometimes, just sometimes managers who are given a chance get it right!

I dont know too much about this guy but he's apparently a Burnley man at heart. In these relegation battles (which they are undoubtedly heading for) having a guy like that at the helm can be half the battle!

Reckon it's the equivalent of Terry Butcher being sacked by ICT and being unveiled as Hibs boss the following month. :greengrin