PDA

View Full Version : Question Scottish clubs euro places.

cwilliamson85
13-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I was wondering if you could help settle a argument in the workplace.

What European slots are thee this year and also how do you get them.

My Boss reckons (below) but I am sure we lost a euro place due to bad performances.

top 2 = CL
3rd 4th = Europa
Cup winners = 2 Europa

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I was wondering if you could help settle a argument in the workplace.

What European slots are thee this year and also how do you get them.

My Boss reckons (below) but I am sure we lost a euro place due to bad performances.

top 2 = CL
3rd 4th = Europa
Cup winners = 2 Europa

Your boss is right. There difference from last season is the league winners might not qualify directly for the CL group stage, this depends on the CL winner this season also qualifying through their domestic league (which should happen).

FifeHibby
13-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Your boss is right. There difference from last season is the league winners might not qualify directly for the CL group stage, this depends on the CL winner this season also qualifying through their domestic league (which should happen).

That is correct as Scotland are 13th in the rankings.
If we drop to 16th then we would lose a place.

Hibernian Verse
13-01-2010, 12:18 PM
We're 26th in the European rankings now, so how are we 13th in the European Club Comps?

Edit: To answer my own question, how Scotland do in international comps is nothing to do with European.

rightwinger
13-01-2010, 02:09 PM
The 3 Europa places are also tiered with one place (cup winners if failing 3rd placed) getting to the final qualifying round (or is it first round proper? - wherever Hearts were when they got knocked out this season).

I'd now be very disappointed if we can't hang onto at least 4th place given our start and financial position.