PDA

View Full Version : Question Danny Wilson & John Fleck

cwilliamson85
13-01-2010, 08:20 AM
But youngsters Danny Wilson and John Fleck, who have 18 months left on their contracts, have rejected an offer by the club to extend their stay. (The Sun)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8456103.stm

Would you take either of them at hibs?

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Would take either of them no bother, both are still young but look like huge prospects.

The likes of Wilson is supposedly being looked at by team such as Man Utd though, so not sure why he would come to Hibs.

Godsahibby
13-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I'd take them both but not a chance of either signing. Fleck while over rated by the usual Glesga press is still a great prospect and Wilson is an unbelieavable prospect, he'll move to Spurs or Man U.

Steve20
13-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Wilson looks like he will be a good player, but Fleck is over rated. He never seems to do anything anytime I have seen the huns on the tv.

JimBHibees
13-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Got to be said the couple of times I have seen Wilson on the tv honestly thought he was way over rated, thought he was caught out a number of times in the OF derby and didnt over impress in the Hamilton cup tie. Obviously a young guy and can improve however lets not make him the next Maldini just yet.

crewetollhibee
13-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe we should put in a bid for the pair of them, leak it to the press and see what happens ? IIRC correctly Rangers did it with Boyd (and Naismith ?), and Celtic certainly did it with McDonald. See how they like it !!!

bigwheel
13-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe we should put in a bid for the pair of them, leak it to the press and see what happens ? IIRC correctly Rangers did it with Boyd (and Naismith ?), and Celtic certainly did it with McDonald. See how they like it !!!

Naismith - As did we.....

Both great young players. We'll not get them, but would be great additions to any SPL squad....

rightwinger
13-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Agree regarding Fleck - lack of an end product very noticeable. There's an ongoing debate re Riordan (matchwinner v luxury - both if you ask me) on the Liam Miller thread right now. We can question DR's workrate all day long but his end product is as consistent as any player in the country. Fleck wouldn't strenghthen us IMO.

I haven't seen that much of Wilson but can't say I recall him doing much wrong. He's come into the Rangers set up at a time when their results have improved markedly so that says something for him. It's still very early days for the player though.

I'm not sure why they've turned down deals. They'd be foolhardy to do this as a negotiating tactic given Rangers' financial position. Short of being offered £20 and a fish supper a week they should take what they're offered if they want to stay at the club.

Given Fleck's lack of appearances and Wilson's lack of experience, they'd also be a bit premature to assume interest of bigger clubs IMO.

The full story will become clearer in time though. Either way, I doubt either player has their sights set on joining us!

Hibs On Tour
13-01-2010, 12:57 PM
There were a couple of their young players who looked OK in the U19 cup final but realistically only one or two who even began to hold their own against our lads.

Wilson def looks a prospect and Fleck - if he screws the nut - could be the same. As usual, 0141 press have went overboard on Fleck however and he's bought into their pish himself and its sent him backwards. Well done ya muppets!

KWJ
13-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Think I'd prefer Fleck personally, although Wilson would probably benefit Hibs more.

Think Fleck had too much pressure on him before he'd even kicked a ball for Rangers and I beleive he'll come good and grab many Scottish caps.

We're not getting a sniff at either mind.

ancient hibee
13-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm not sure if agents fill players'heads with nonsense or not but surely it's obvious that there is absolutely no chance of EPL clubs wanting players of the age,background and ability of Wilson and Fleck.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't touch Fleck with a bargepole, he's a dirty hun bassa of the worst kind

Cool_Hand_Luke
13-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if agents fill players'heads with nonsense or not but surely it's obvious that there is absolutely no chance of EPL clubs wanting players of the age,background and ability of Wilson and Fleck.

i know its the sun...but...

Spurs eye up Danny (http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2729926/Spurs-eye-up-Danny.html)

ShanksSaidNo
13-01-2010, 01:45 PM
This is a strange one as turning down deals at Rangers usually means they are looking for better elsewhere. Not very often (in fact probably nearer never) does a player turn down what Rangers offer in order to seek a move to another SPL team. However neither of them are even close to ready to making the step up to the EPL.

Wilson in particular puzzles me. He's hyped for big things and with Davie Weir turning 70 at the end of this season surely it makes sense that Wilson will step into his shoes? It's either a nonsense story from the Sun or the young boy is being badly advised somewhere along the line. Bide his time on the outskirts of the 1st team then have a couple of good seasons and the big wigs of the EPL will be climbing all over him.

Fleck is the more likely of the 2 to seek first team football elsewhere next season however i can't see it being at Hibs and think he's more likely to go to a middle of the road Championship team.

Lofarl
13-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Sign em both then stick them on the bench to run out their contracts. See how the soapdodgers like it.

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Dont see how people can say Flecks pish, hes only 18, give him a chance.

The media have done the wrong thing in way overhyping him, if he has the talent that people claim he does he should be given the time to develop and Scotland might have a really good player on their hands.

hibztilltheend
13-01-2010, 03:02 PM
i know its the sun...but...

Spurs eye up Danny (http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2729926/Spurs-eye-up-Danny.html)

it says sergio ramos bought alan hutton from rangers:faf:

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2010, 03:15 PM
it says sergio ramos bought alan hutton from rangers:faf:

I thought he did?:confused:

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Juande (sp) Ramos did, Sergio Ramos is the Real Madrid RB!

hibztilltheend
13-01-2010, 03:17 PM

that was juande ramos . Sergio ramos plays for real madrid

Aubenas
13-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Danny Wilson is a very level headed and mature lad from a very grounded family. Football clubs are notoriously unwilling to predict big things for teenagers but, when Danny was fifteen, no lesser a person than John Greig told me "if anyone in this group is gonna make it, it will be Danny".

Everyone who has worked with him rates him. I think he will go to an EPL team as 'finishing school' and go on to great things. I think he knows that he'll get minimal developmental help by playing in the pressure of a financially declining Rangers first team for the next three years or so. Far better building on his ability in an academy at Spurs or somewhere similar.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Two things to keep in mind. Firstly, Rangers buy players because fundamentally their youth set up and players are Lillian Gish. Burn brightly very quickly and then fizzle out to nothing. Secondly, the last Rankers youth hot-shot that we took on was Stephen [Captain] Dobie. And he was mangnificent....:bitchy::bitchy::boo hoo:

blackhibee
14-01-2010, 12:54 AM
It might be nothing to do with it, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Danny Wilson is a Celtic fan,and from a Celtic supporting family too. Don't you think that might just have a wee bit to do with him wanting to leave Rangers while he's still pretty young?

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Juande (sp) Ramos did, Sergio Ramos is the Real Madrid RB!

that was juande ramos . Sergio ramos plays for real madrid

Ahh.

hfc rd
14-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I would take both players.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
14-01-2010, 06:28 PM
It might be they need to let these go to keep hun hero Boyd, altho I'm sure the huns will up their offers.