PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.NET flag needs a new home

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Fellow .netters

i have this flag in my home and a think it's about time this was given to someone who could try and make it to games with it .. ino it's a bit big and well heavy with us running a bus it's a nightmare if you want to go to the pub etc and it just gets left on the bus or in my house i also can't drive so getting to home games on a number 26 with this big thing is a problem

so please admins or sum1 else is there anybody that would be willing to take this off me

Thanks and would be much appreciated
but i have 1 nomination
for being such a smart arse half the time i nominate mr iwasthere1972:wink:

Keith_M
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Would the club not allow you to leave it in BTG and pick it up before the game?

Or maybe in the Supporters Club in Sunnyside?

:dunno:

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Would the club not allow you to leave it in BTG and pick it up before the game?

Or maybe in the Supporters Club in Sunnyside?

:dunno:

a duno bud

i tried to get this up and running at blackburn and had hadly any help so you need a few people aswell to get it out and stuff it's just a pain really lovely flag and needs to be shown more often:thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
12-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Would you not be allowed to leave it in a pub cellar (four in hand)

cwilliamson85
12-01-2010, 04:17 PM
What does the flag look like. Is it the big shirt?

sambajustice
12-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Hibs Club would definitely be the best bet.

Getting haunders do actually fly the thing tho is probably harder to do!

You need to get something abusive written on it then take it to Ibrox and Tynie!! Folk would help out then!

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
What does the flag look like. Is it the big shirt?

aye it's the big shirt am sure people will have afew pics of it it's absolutely massive!

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Hibs Club would definitely be the best bet.

Getting haunders do actually fly the thing tho is probably harder to do!

You need to get something abusive written on it then take it to Ibrox and Tynie!! Folk would help out then!

what do you suggest:wink:

plus not my flag mate belongs to all who put there hard earned cash into making it:thumbsup:

cwilliamson85
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I would love to do it but as you say you might have to get 4 ppl as it is so large and heavy.

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I would love to do it but as you say you might have to get 4 ppl as it is so large and heavy.

exactly mate ... but hey if you can get thm or people beside you prepared to help and it's okay with the admins it's okay with me:thumbsup:

TamHibs
12-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I could see if Jimmy from the Iona would let us keep it in there Lee?

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Ah I wondered where my old flag ended up :greengrin

I've got some photo's but would have to dig them out. There was a cracking photo of this, on the back of the Evening News just before we played Dundee Utd (the 1-0 game where we scored a pen in the 97th min) only ruined by my ugly mug!

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 06:09 PM

I've got some photo's but would have to dig them out. There was a cracking photo of this, on the back of the Evening News just before we played Dundee Utd (the 1-0 game where we scored a pen in the 97th min) only ruined by my ugly mug!

Want it back:wink:?

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I could see if Jimmy from the Iona would let us keep it in there Lee?

i can see what ye mean bud but then again who will take it to the games unfurl it and so on i would but a would like a bit of help

Ino Hibby D would help no problem as she sits only a row infront :thumbsup:

MSK
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM

I've got some photo's but would have to dig them out. There was a cracking photo of this, on the back of the Evening News just before we played Dundee Utd (the 1-0 game where we scored a pen in the 97th min) only ruined by my ugly mug!There was a cracking pic of the flag hanging from a tenement window but ive searched the gallery & cant seem to find it ...

RIP
12-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Lee

Can it go to an away game?

Us Mackays will gladly fly it at Tannadice this Sat

There's six o us and five are tall enough.

I'll ask the wee man to climb on all yer shooders

The Easter Road option will have to wait till the summer when the skint half of the family (me) sign up for ST's in the East beside wee bro and his weans

Could it not rotate amonst a few volunteers?

Hibby D
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
There was a cracking pic of the flag hanging from a tenement window but ive searched the gallery & cant seem to find it ...

D'ye mean this one????? :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Lee

Can it go to an away game?

Us Mackays will gladly fly it at Tannadice this Sat

There's six o us and five are tall enough.

I'll ask the wee man to climb on all yer shooders

The Easter Road option will have to wait till the summer when the skint half of the family (me) sign up for ST's in the East beside wee bro and his weans

Could it not rotate amonst a few volunteers?

aye mate can go to away matches as far as i know ... so yeah am sure we can try and sort sumit out!:thumbsup:

MSK
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM
D'ye mean this one????? :greengrin:greengrin:greengrinI cannae open that file Di ...but it was prob at one o yer legendary "champagne brekkies" !!! :party:...:thumbsup:

steakbake
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Fellow .netters

i have this flag in my home and a think it's about time this was given to someone who could try and make it to games with it .. ino it's a bit big and well heavy with us running a bus it's a nightmare if you want to go to the pub etc and it just gets left on the bus or in my house i also can't drive so getting to home games on a number 26 with this big thing is a problem

so please admins or sum1 else is there anybody that would be willing to take this off me

Thanks and would be much appreciated
but i have 1 nomination
for being such a smart arse half the time i nominate mr iwasthere1972:wink:

You're really selling this very well. What are the down sides to being responsible for the h/net flag?

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM

Wasnt that game you refer to years back when we Russell slammed hame the penalty? 2002 or summit? well before the flag came about.

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 06:42 PM
You're really selling this very well. What are the down sides to being responsible for the h/net flag?

and whats the point in lying about it cause do you honestly want me to make like it's the best thing in the world.

all am saying thats it's difficult to get around and maybe su1 with a car and a few mates would be able to do a better job that i am

steakbake
12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
and whats the point in lying about it cause do you honestly want me to make like it's the best thing in the world.

all am saying thats it's difficult to get around and maybe su1 with a car and a few mates would be able to do a better job that i am

Settle. Just having a laugh.

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Settle. Just having a laugh.

ano mate :wink:

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Wasnt that game you refer to years back when we Russell slammed hame the penalty? 2002 or summit? well before the flag came about.

No it was that game, I have the Evening News to prove it (might have the date wrong so will check that out).

In fact.....<runs up his stairs> ok got the Evening News in front of me :greengrin

The pic of me and flag was on the back page of the Evening News on 29th Dec 2000, the day before the match against Dundee U where Latapy scored a very very late penalty :thumbsup:

I remember taking the flag to the supporters club before the match and people taking photos of it

Hibby D
12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
No it was that game, I have the Evening News to prove it (might have the date wrong so will check that out).

In fact.....<runs up his stairs> ok got the Evening News in front of me :greengrin

The pic of me and flag was on the back page of the Evening News on 29th Dec 2000, the day before the match against Dundee U where Latapy scored a very very late penalty :thumbsup:

Not the same flag as the one Lee's talking about then :no way:

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Oh was there another?

The flag I had made was a massive Hibs top with Carlsberg on it (regreted that) and Hibs.net at the bottom.

My flag was funded by Hibs.net Rivals

Is this one different?

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Thats exactly what im oan about!

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh was there another?

The flag I had made was a massive Hibs top with Carlsberg on it (regreted that) and Hibs.net at the bottom

Is this one different?

I now have that flag :thumbsup:

Newhaven
12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
D'ye mean this one????? :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Good memories. IIRC that was taken after a derby :greengrin

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh was there another?

The flag I had made was a massive Hibs top with Carlsberg on it (regreted that) and Hibs.net at the bottom.

My flag was funded by Hibs.net Rivals

Is this one different?

the Currant 1 is about 21 feet mate massive!!! and has all of the names of fellow .netters that provided the cash to make it:thumbsup:

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Sorry but wasn't aware there was a 2nd Hibs.net flag :confused:

How odd

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
the Currant 1 is about 21 feet mate massive!!! and has all of the names of fellow .netters that provided the cash to make it:thumbsup:

I have no idea of the size of the "original" flag but I'm certain it wasn't as big as that!!

Should get them both out for the Hamilton game :)

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I have no idea of the size of the "original" flag but I'm certain it wasn't as big as that!!

Should get them both out for the Hamilton game :)

as a said mate am sure Hibby D would happily help me however i would need a few others!

also for away games if i were to keep this flag then i could use some help

Bostonhibby
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
as a said mate am sure Hibby D would happily help me however i would need a few others!

also for away games if i were to keep this flag then i could use some help

any merit in approaching Capital Greens yo see if they want to be involved?

Lmc2105
12-01-2010, 08:23 PM
any merit in approaching Capital Greens yo see if they want to be involved?

duno who any of them are mate and am sure it would be a good idea

Bostonhibby
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
duno who any of them are mate and am sure it would be a good idea

PM Stew the hibee?

DaveF
12-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry but wasn't aware there was a 2nd Hibs.net flag :confused:

How odd

Not odd at all.

You were probably banned or in the huff :greengrin when we did the fund raising for the current .net flag.

As Andy states, he has the one you are talking about. The one that Lee has is, IIRC, something like 33ft in size, has all all the names of those who contributed to it printed on it and has the club logo there too.

Di's photo above (if you can open it) is a cracking shot of it, but even then it's not fully unfurled.

As Lee says, it is a tad cumbersome to lug around but if we could find a group willing to fly it, then it certainly does provide a brilliant spectacle.