View Full Version : NHC Falkirk sign Colin Healy

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Falkirk sign Colin Healy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8454021.stm

Decent signing in my opinion!!

Speedway
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM
It'll be like signing Dennis Healey before long.

lyonhibs
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Falkirk sign Colin Healy

An exceedingly decent pedigree for a bottom 6 SPL team.

Squeaky bum-time at Killie if Falkirk strengthen with this kind of quality in the window :agree:

scoopyboy
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Falkirk sign Colin Healy

Agreed.

I'm sure a Hibs manager (JC?) looked at him when he was with Southampton(?) and I was hoping he would sign.

EskbankHibby
12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Knew him when he was at Sunderland, unlucky with 2 leg breaks in quick succession.

Nice guy and was a good player when fit, good luck to him.

Andy74
12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
An exceedingly decent pedigree for a bottom 6 SPL team.

Squeaky bum-time at Killie if Falkirk strengthen with this kind of quality in the window :agree:

What pedigree?

His caps came in 2002-3 it looks like.

Since then he's played about 80 games which included just one proper run of games which was at Cork City. That includes 9 at Livingston.

Is it because his name is similar to David Healy?

CmoantheHibs
12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Im a bit surprised at this.As I remember he is a little like Boyd in that he scores a lot of goals without contributing much else though at least he tries a leg.For a team down the bottom of the league I think it is a fantastic signing as his goals could be the difference between the drop and staying up.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Ye dodged a bullet here. Lazy ******* of player with a stinking big time Charlie :wink: attitude

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Ye dodged a bullet here. Lazy ******* of player with a stinking big time Charlie :wink: attitude

Are we still talking about Colin Healy or most of the Celtic team?

CmoantheHibs
12-01-2010, 01:18 PM
oops just read the previous post.guess I made the same mistake as others:confused:

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Are we still talking about Colin Healy or most of the Celtic team?

We're getting rid of Caldwell - he's the only one in the current side who fits that bill.

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
We're getting rid of Caldwell - he's the only one in the current side who fits that bill.

Really, in my opinion you have a few more guys who think they are something they are not!

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Really, in my opinion you have a few more guys who think they are something they are not!

Aye McManus and Scott McDonald. Basically the poster boys from the Strachan era.

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Aye McManus and Scott McDonald. Basically the poster boys from the Strachan era.

So from ONLY Caldwell you have now thought about it and found another 2, tell you what, log off have a wee think about it for a wee bit more and then come back with a few more names!! :greengrin

Jonnyboy
12-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Add in Boruc, McGeady and Hinkel and you're getting closer to the total :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Falkirk sign Colin Healy

I’ve never heard of him TBH.

Fat Penlon
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Are you sure your not all confusing him with David Healy?

EskbankHibby
12-01-2010, 02:49 PM
To clarify.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Healy

Not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Healy_(footballer)

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Are you sure your not all confusing him with David Healy?

why would I be confusing him with David Healy, there names are different!!

:agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Strange one this. Last week Eddie Can't was telling us that players that were not good enough for Hibs, were not good enough for Falkirk. Well this boy is a good few qualities short of what you need to get into our team. So it should follow then, that....ach, I will let him work it out for himself.

hibsbollah
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Thats an excellent signing:agree:

no, wait, i was thinking of David Healy as well.

Andy74
12-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Thats an excellent signing:agree:

You see much off him at Cork?

hibsbollah
12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
"his grandfather Paddy "Hitler" Healy having been a Gaelic footballer (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Gaelic_football) and hurler (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/Hurling)"

:faf:

hibsbollah
12-01-2010, 06:29 PM
You see much off him at Cork?

see edit.

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Great signing for Falkirk. If he can recreate his Preston form in front of goals they'll be laughing :agree:

mayo hibee
12-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Great signing for Falkirk. If he can recreate his Preston form in front of goals they'll be laughing :agree:

except its a different bloke...:wink:

mayo hibee
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
To be fair to the guy, Colin Healy was destined for great things until injuries ruined him. Was exceptionally unlucky not to go to the 2002 World Cup, he was called up when Keane initially walked out but by the time Keane had decided he was definately going home a few days later, it was too late for a replacement to be called up and Healy missed out. He could do a job for Falkirk alright, it depends on the injuries.

David Healy, on the other hand, is just a prick.

the_ginger_hibee
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Not bad, top international striker, didn't even know he'd left Fulham. Wait the now....

Speedy
12-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Not bad, top international striker, didn't even know he'd left Fulham. Wait the now....

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 07:35 PM

:tee hee: Indeed. He's a midfielder that's never played for Fulham.

mayo hibee
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Didn't even know he'd gone there! :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM

:agree: Great record and maybe the first player to feature for Falkirk with an MBE to his name.

the_ginger_hibee
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
:agree: Great record and maybe the first player to feature for Falkirk with an MBE to his name.

:agree: If he can recapture his form from the Euro qualifying I think Falkirk will be onto a winner. Great coup.

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 07:44 PM
:agree: If he can recapture his form from the Euro qualifying I think Falkirk will be onto a winner. Great coup.

:agree: Hats off to Eddie May on this one.

If I'm not mistaken, this laddie who's just signed for Falkirk had a wee brother, used to play with Sellick. Not that you hear anything about him now.

Anyway, solid signing for the Bairns - a proven goalscorer is just what they needed.

Cool_Hand_Luke
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Surprised he never ended up in Spain after that hatrick :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM

If I'm not mistaken, this laddie who's just signed for Falkirk had a wee brother, used to play with Sellick. Not that you hear anything about him now.

Anyway, solid signing for the Bairns - a proven goalscorer is just what they needed.

If he can re-produce his Auf Wiedersehen Pet form he'll be worth every penny.

the_ginger_hibee
12-01-2010, 07:47 PM

Never heard of him.

More importantly - just how did Eddie May pull this off? If he could come up with a few more of these, surly Falkirk will squirt right up that league. :agree:

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
If he can re-produce his Auf Wiedersehen Pet form he'll be worth every penny.

:agree: Good shout. Just goes to show that you don't need height to score goals at the highest level.

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 07:50 PM
:agree: Good shout. Just goes to show that you don't need height to score goals at the highest level.

Correct. Experience of German football will stand him in good stead for the relegation battle.

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Correct. Experience of German football will stand him in good stead for the relegation battle.

Hold on......a bunch of guys, who struggle to like each other, stuck in a foreign land, having to work in dismal and grim surroundings with no end in sight, yet kept there by the allure of bringing in big bucks?????

Methinks it's Homfc rather than Falkirk where Mr Healy should be heading. Now that's living alright :agree:

hibsbollah
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Him and the Jetskis made some great tunes. Will be a great addition to the dressing room, provide some much needed bonhomie and atmosphere:agree: