PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Celtic after Stokes?

Bohemian_Hibee
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Forgive me if this is elsewhere or if I'm reporting 3-day old news...

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=37868

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray has been linked with a move for in-form Hibernian and Republic of Ireland striker Anthony Stokes.

Stokes has put a nightmare spell at Sunderland behind him since moving to Easter Road last summer.

The 21-year-old – who first hit the headlines with a scintillating loan spell at Falkirk three years ago – has hit 11 goals for Hibs this season, including seven in his last five Scottish Premier League appearances.

He was linked with a move to Celtic when leaving Arsenal three years ago but instead opted to join Roy Keane’s Sunderland in a £2m switch.

Two and a half years and just three goals later, he left to return to Scotland and renew acquaintances with former Falkirk boss Hughes in Edinburgh, and his form over the past six months has prompted an informal declaration of interest from the Old Firm giants.

Bhoys boss Tony Mowbray is desperate to reinvigorate his attacking ranks, with only Scott McDonald really impressing this season.

Cropley10
12-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Forgive me if this is elsewhere or if I'm reporting 3-day old news...

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/acrossthewater/news.asp?n=37868

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray has been linked with a move for in-form Hibernian and Republic of Ireland striker Anthony Stokes.

Stokes has put a nightmare spell at Sunderland behind him since moving to Easter Road last summer.

The 21-year-old – who first hit the headlines with a scintillating loan spell at Falkirk three years ago – has hit 11 goals for Hibs this season, including seven in his last five Scottish Premier League appearances.

He was linked with a move to Celtic when leaving Arsenal three years ago but instead opted to join Roy Keane’s Sunderland in a £2m switch.

Two and a half years and just three goals later, he left to return to Scotland and renew acquaintances with former Falkirk boss Hughes in Edinburgh, and his form over the past six months has prompted an informal declaration of interest from the Old Firm giants.

Bhoys boss Tony Mowbray is desperate to reinvigorate his attacking ranks, with only Scott McDonald really impressing this season.

Yep, apparently they're going to make a bid for him...:boo hoo:

Hibercelona
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM

And we're just going to except it? :dunno:

A load of guff if you ask me. :agree:

Andy74
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Well they can bid away to their heart's content.

If they reach our value of him then fine, if not, wouldn't worry.

I couldn't see us taking much less than £3m for him at this stage.

3pm
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Couldnae afford him.

Cabbage East
12-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Won't happen.

Sylar
I sincerely hope Rod Petrie tells them to go **** themselves.

We're sitting pretty in 3rd, pushing for Europe (and possibly 2nd), and Stokes is our top scorer just now. He's under a 3 year contract, so unless we're talking silly money, we don't NEED to sell him.

I wish a rule would be introduced which stops inter-league trading during the season, as I'm fed up watching the Ugly Sisters (particularly Smellick) hoovering up players and not using them (though I imagine Stokes may actually get a game).

I absolutely loathe The OF.

Dinkydoo
He can GTF:cool2:

Would he even get a game for the smellies...? :rolleyes:

No quotes from TM........ don't think it's time to panic just yet.

Mary Hinge
12-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm sure that Fortune duffer cost about £3m, so if they START the bidding at that we could MAYBE do business :agree:

scott7_0(Prague)
They paid a fortune for Fortune so they will have to pay a FORTUNE for Stokes who has a better track record in the SPL.

4m+ I reckon!

Hibs7
stick a £5m price tag on him and then see them run away.

"I wish a rule would be introduced which stops inter-league trading during the season, as I'm fed up watching the Ugly Sisters (particularly Smellick) hoovering up players and not using them (though I imagine Stokes may actually get a game)."

Totally agree but the wimps in the SPL will not change this if the OF don't want it, and why would they as it would mean any team making a decent challenge could not be weakened in the January window, the whole system stinks.

cwilliamson85
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Show us the MONEY!!!!

When are fans on here going to realise that the old firm will no longer get our players for cheap. And if he does go for millions we can et another one to replace him.

There is only one HFC but loads of players.

Mary Hinge
12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
stick a £5m price tag on him and then see them run away.

Stick a £500 price tag on him and they would run :agree:

Speedway
12-01-2010, 12:25 PM
There's a 17 year old with an secret agent friend that reckons this will happen.

Hibercelona
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Why should we even consider putting a price tag on him? :grr:

If we are serious about pushing on and getting a top 3 finish, then we should not be placing price tags on our players.

They are all vital to our success.

Hibs7
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
There's a 17 year old with an secret agent friend that reckons this will happen.

any chance of a bit more info on this. !!

Baw187
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Could be hearsay in the agent world or there may be some 'feeler' enquiries being made from the smellies, however, I seriously doubt that they will offer anywhere near what Rod will prepared to give the time of day for.

A wry smile and from the tache and they'll be told to go on their merry way.

Sylar
12-01-2010, 12:32 PM

:greengrin - careful, or the toys will come oot the pram again! :agree:

Speedway
12-01-2010, 12:34 PM
any chance of a bit more info on this. !!

Nothing that's worth your time H7, bit of an in joke really, that's all.

Baba O'riley
12-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Would it be allowed though? We signed Stokes ~ 21st Aug (according to STV website, I'm not trying to find it on the official site coz it's like looking for a needle in a haystack) - so does that not mean he was a Sunderland player at the beginning of the season, and Hibs is his second club? And there's some rule about players not being able to play for more than two clubs in the one season....

Not 100% sure on how this works, but I'd have thought it was a no-go? :confused:

3pm
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
My name is Jack Regan and I can assure you the mighty 'tic can afford Anthony Stokes. We are massive, we are great and we have no biscuit tin. We are Celtic. Hail Hail. :yawn: :agree:

ancient hibee
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
The article is rubbish.It mentions that only McDonald has impressed-that'll be why Mowbray is moving him on then?Stokes isn't at the level Mowbray wants.

Hibercelona
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
My name is Jack Regan and I can assure you the mighty 'tic can afford Anthony Stokes. We are massive, we are great and we have no biscuit tin. We are Celtic. Hail Hail. :yawn: :agree:

You missed out "Best fans in the world", "They started it" & "We arent as bad as them". :agree:

God Petrie
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Bidding starts at £5m. Otherwise **** off you weegie rats.

RoslinInstHibby
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
aint gonna happen, they don't have the cash, i would be asking for at least £4 million for him.

Mikeystewart
12-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Have to say if there was an offer of 3M+ i would be inclined to take that. He is good and he gets goals but i dont beleive we are struggling for strikers at the moment and that money could be put into signing a couple of decent ful backs.

Captain Trips
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I say it every year since I cant remember but will say it for 2010, do not sell players to OF unless silly money. Do not deal with them.

cwilliamson85
12-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I say it every year since I cant remember but will say it for 2010, do not sell players to OF unless silly money. Do not deal with them.

:thumbsup:

matty_f
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM

:thumbsup: Agree 100% with that. It's not as if they bend over backwards to make life easy for us to deal with them.

Tell them to GTF, IMHO.:agree:

hibsbollah
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM

:thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Have to say if there was an offer of 3M+ i would be inclined to take that. He is good and he gets goals but i dont beleive we are struggling for strikers at the moment and that money could be put into signing a couple of decent ful backs.

YAM, back in your box..... Only joking.

Whilst we have a few options up front, I still believe Stokes to be the best options, so it would be daft selling our best option to a rival team no matter how much is offered!

Captain Trips
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I unfortunatly think Yogi and Stokes have an understanding. I think Yogi was confident Stokes would score, Stokes came with the promise of a move if he did well. I think that we will get 1 season from Stokes and thats what Yogi was expecting.

Hibercelona
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
If we get rid of Stokes now, we will not finish 3rd, its as simple as that.

Absolute madness to suggest we should let him go now for any amount.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM
You missed out "Best fans in the world", "They started it" & "We arent as bad as them". :agree:

If you had the ability to read or interpret basic English, you would know from my posts that I have never said that. in fact I've actually said the opposite countless times.

Anyway, I reckon this is simply lazy rumour mongering.

Stokes is not worth what Hibs will ask for him IMO, we'd get better value for money elsewhere.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Correct.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm sure that Fortune duffer cost about £3m, so if they START the bidding at that we could MAYBE do business :agree:

Fortune is actually an alright player and has had hard luck with injuries, he's popular with the guys who actually go to the games - you know the real fans who don't need the Sun or the DR to tell them who's good bad or indifferent.

Celtic have only paid £1.5m so far for Fortune - the rest is made up of instalments based on appearances.

Seriously, you are welcome to keep Stokes.

AndyM_1875
12-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Celtic are trying to get a semi competent defence together.

Scoring goals is not the problem for Celtic, keeping them out is.

truehibernian
12-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Won't happen this window, but as a previous poster says, any valuation should be made against who Celtic bought in summer (Fortune) and rated against him. If Marc Antoine Fortune is "worth" over £3 million, then RP starts the bidding at £4 million plus.....simples. Stokes has scored with right foot, left foot, headers, free kicks. Belters and tap in's. Fortune I think has scored two/three goals. Stokes is also in his very early 20's, so any club is getting a young, hungry, international striker (which Fortune aint as well). I read that young Beckford at Leeds is in the £4 million bracket, and he is 26 years old and not achieved anything in the game at anything above League One level. Celtic, quite frankly, cannot afford Stokes if he keeps scoring the way he is scoring and RP sticks to his guns, which he has in the past.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Celtic are trying to get a semi competent defence together.

Scoring goals is not the problem for Celtic, keeping them out is.

Seemingly Caldwell is away to Wigan - so thats that solved then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

joe breezy
12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
There are certainly a lot of rumours, I think they will put a bid in especially as half their duffers seem to be getting medicals at Boro

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Won't happen this window, but as a previous poster says, any valuation should be made against who Celtic bought in summer (Fortune) and rated against him. If Marc Antoine Fortune is "worth" over £3 million, then RP starts the bidding at £4 million plus.....simples. Stokes has scored with right foot, left foot, headers, free kicks. Belters and tap in's. Fortune I think has scored two/three goals. Stokes is also in his very early 20's, so any club is getting a young, hungry, international striker (which Fortune aint as well). I read that young Beckford at Leeds is in the £4 million bracket, and he is 26 years old and not achieved anything in the game at anything above League One level. Celtic, quite frankly, cannot afford Stokes if he keeps scoring the way he is scoring and RP sticks to his guns, which he has in the past.

There's not a club in the world that's pay £4m for Stokes in January based on what he's done for a few months this season. YOu mention Beckford, who has scored regularly for 3 seasons now, something Stokes has NOT yet achieved.

He's a decent player, no question, but if he was that good Hibs would not have got him for a few hundred thousand just a few months ago.

tony higgins
12-01-2010, 01:19 PM
2,3,4,5 million.

Drastic i know but would the boardroom see this as the way to pay for the new East Stand.

AndyM_1875
12-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Seemingly Caldwell is away to Wigan - so thats that solved then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you get total fees in excess of 1m for both him and McManus then you've won a watch.

Hopefully Craig Levein will not be fooled by this pair when he comes to pick his first Scotland team in March. He won't be ..... or will he?:boo hoo:

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
There are certainly a lot of rumours, I think they will put a bid in especially as half their duffers seem to be getting medicals at Boro

I don't Joe, the only way I could see this is if there is a "buy out" figure in Stokes' contract.

Hibs could hold Celtic to £2m for him and I reckon Mowbray/Lawweell will reckon there will be better value to be had elsewhere.

Rumour has it that Celtic have NET £5m to spend in January and we've a;ready done £3.5m of that (if we include this Korean guy). We might get two ginger bottles for the dross Strachan is taking off our hands, but the rumours are that the remainder will go on another defender.

I'd be VERy surprised if this rumour is genuine and even more surprised to see Stokes at Celtic

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM
If you get total fees in excess of 1m for both him and McManus then you've won a watch.

Hopefully Craig Levein will not be fooled by this pair when he comes to pick his first Scotland team in March. He won't be ..... or will he?:boo hoo:

Football has truly lost the plot if we get anything for these duds.

Isaac_Refvik
12-01-2010, 01:24 PM

What's the snow like in bonnyrigg? son's got a game there on sunday but I'd quite like it to be off so i can go for a bevvy on saturday night. On or off? Drunk or sober? What's your thoughts?

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2010, 01:30 PM
There's not a club in the world that's pay £4m for Stokes in January based on what he's done for a few months this season. YOu mention Beckford, who has scored regularly for 3 seasons now, something Stokes has NOT yet achieved.

He's a decent player, no question, but if he was that good Hibs would not have got him for a few hundred thousand just a few months ago.

Didier Agathe

Captain Trips
12-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't Joe, the only way I could see this is if there is a "buy out" figure in Stokes' contract.

Hibs could hold Celtic to £2m for him and I reckon Mowbray/Lawweell will reckon there will be better value to be had elsewhere.

Rumour has it that Celtic have NET £5m to spend in January and we've a;ready done £3.5m of that (if we include this Korean guy). We might get two ginger bottles for the dross Strachan is taking off our hands, but the rumours are that the remainder will go on another defender.

I'd be VERy surprised if this rumour is genuine and even more surprised to see Stokes at Celtic

The point is Jack its all conjecture and opinion, unfortunatly I have no control over what we accept as a fee for players and you have no control over Celtic if they want to sign a player whom you dont rate highly.

This thread is about that possabilty and all our different thoughts, mine are clear IMO he is worth as much as your total price agreed for Fortune, yes and I am basing this on his 6 months thus far.

If I had my way I would never deal with either OF club unless completly on my terms and any player joining Hibs thinking it will be a move to the OF would be told to jog on. If you want to become better you leave SPL.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Didier Agathe

And your point? :confused:

1875er
12-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Football has truly lost the plot if we get anything for these duds.

Jack...are you surprised at the Tic letting Robson go? Thought he always did a good job when he played..

truehibernian
12-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Jermaine Beckford came from non-league football (Wealsdone I think ?), is 26, not recognised internationally, and has scored in the last two seasons (prolifically) in League One.....hardly a league that really lets be honest sets the heather on fire. Stokes has scored for fun while on loan at Falkirk, lost his way in a Sunderland team which had disharmony due to Keane's management style and Stokes' poor attitude, but has come up here and played football as John Hughes puts it, with a smile on his face. He has scored against the top teams and the bottom teams in the SPL, and has regained his place in the Eire squad (full of high value players). So why on earth would Hibs not be in a position to place a decent valuation against all those facts and stats Jack ? Scott MacDonald remember came from Motherwell having not cut the mustard down south and has only ever really scored goals in the SPL, with the obvious exception that he has scored a few in European competition. He isn't even the recognised front man for Australia, yet your team puts a valuation of over £4 million for him ?

Littlest Hobo
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Here we go again, as soon as we start to build a team that might threaten them the old firm are ready with a bid to dismantle it. We are a massive threat to them. Just think how much it would hurt them if we did split them. All that potential CL money gone.

I agree with some other posters, just don't do business with them. :grr:

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Yes. Like Fortune, who now he is fit and being given a run is looking like a good player, with a brilliant first touch, great work rate, pace and vision.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:40 PM
The point is Jack its all conjecture and opinion, unfortunatly I have no control over what we accept as a fee for players and you have no control over Celtic if they want to sign a player whom you dont rate highly.

This thread is about that possabilty and all our different thoughts, mine are clear IMO he is worth as much as your total price agreed for Fortune, yes and I am basing this on his 6 months thus far.

If I had my way I would never deal with either OF club unless completly on my terms and any player joining Hibs thinking it will be a move to the OF would be told to jog on. If you want to become better you leave SPL.

Have to agree with that. Its lazy rumour mongering though and totally baseless.

Cocaine&Caviar
12-01-2010, 01:41 PM
He's defenitely not a complete player, but he is without a doubt a goal scorer, especially if given decent through balls, something he'll get a lot more of at Celtic, especially if playing next to someone not alone up top.

Id say he's worth £2m just because of the goals he will score in the SPL for Celtic. However, as previously mentioned, they paid £3.8m for Fortune, and that was based on the final 6 months he played for West Brom and Mowbray...

We're certainly looking rosie considering people were questioning where future fees would come from after Fletcher. Well now we're talking about:

Stokes - £2m +
Bamba - £3m +
Wotherspoon - £2m +

We also have quality in Riordan, Miller and Zemmama, and Murray if he were to sign a new deal.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Here we again, as soon as we start to build a team that might threaten them the old firm are ready with a bid to dismantle it. We are a massive threat to them. Just think how much it would hurt them if we did split them. All that potential CL money gone.

I agree with some other posters, just don't do busines with them. :grr:

I think your recent outing versus the huns says otherwise.

Kato
12-01-2010, 01:42 PM
If you had the ability to read or interpret basic English, you would know from my posts that I have never said that. in fact I've actually said the opposite countless times.

I agree. You're the worst fans in the world.

Captain Trips
12-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes. Like Fortune, who now he is fit and being given a run is looking like a good player, with a brilliant first touch, great work rate, pace and vision.

Add Goals to that and you might have a player, a key factor in a forward.

Stokes has the goals along with some of the attributes you mention for Fortune hence people on heres views on value.

khib70
Not quite. You still have to dump Loovens and McManus and find a non-deranged goalkeeper.

The fact that you as a fan don't think Stokes would add anything to Celtc is missing the point. It's what he would subtract from Hibs that would make either of the Infirm go for him.

Jonnyboy
Here we again, as soon as we start to build a team that might threaten them the old firm are ready with a bid to dismantle it. We are a massive threat to them. Just think how much it would hurt them if we did split them. All that potential CL money gone.

I agree with some other posters, just don't do busines with them. :grr:

Indeed :agree:

There is some consolation though - Rangers are more skint than a very skint thing and Celtic are not a whole lot better off. If we accept what Jack says above - most of the £5m kitty already spent - then they don't really have enough cash to by Stokes who, despite Jack's opinion is worth at least £2m in current day values.

Celtic will be releasing funds for wages by shifting Caldwell et al but I'm not sure that helps the transfer budget in terms of paying for signings. I'm more inclined to think that Mowbray will buy from abroad as he seems to have done with the Dutch defender. Mind you his track record with Dutch defenders is not great :wink:

CmoantheHibs
There are a few rumours about just now but this isnt one Im worried about.More likely the press are just needing some stories as there isnt too much happening on the transfer front.Better for them to just to make something up and generate a bit of interest.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Jack...are you surprised at the Tic letting Robson go? Thought he always did a good job when he played..

He did okay ad I thoght he was playing not too badly, but he's started becoming the target of a few of teh boo boys.

I'll say this though, he's still contributing a helluva lot more than "undroppable" Paul Hartley did last season.

Sylar
12-01-2010, 01:54 PM

You'd have to be an idiot to base our "challenge" on 90 minutes of football, considering what we've already achieved this season.

Didn't you lot get horsed 5-1 by Rangers and then go on to win the SPL in 2000/01?

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Indeed :agree:

There is some consolation though - Rangers are more skint than a very skint thing and Celtic are not a whole lot better off. If we accept what Jack says above - most of the £5m kitty already spent - then they don't really have enough cash to by Stokes who, despite Jack's opinion is worth at least £2m in current day values.

Celtic will be releasing funds for wages by shifting Caldwell et al but I'm not sure that helps the transfer budget in terms of paying for signings. I'm more inclined to think that Mowbray will buy from abroad as he seems to have done with the Dutch defender. Mind you his track record with Dutch defenders is not great :wink:

Ys we are - the bank is not running us. Right on everything else though.

joe breezy
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to base our "challenge" on 90 minutes of football, considering what we've already achieved this season.

Didn't you lot get horsed 5-1 by Rangers and then go on to win the SPL in 2000/01?

Yeah, Rangers haven't played so well since.

Jonnyboy
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Ys we are - the bank is not running us. Right on everything else though.

Point taken Jack but I was referring to funds available to the manager which I believe are not great?

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Jermaine Beckford came from non-league football (Wealsdone I think ?), is 26, not recognised internationally, and has scored in the last two seasons (prolifically) in League One.....hardly a league that really lets be honest sets the heather on fire. Stokes has scored for fun while on loan at Falkirk, lost his way in a Sunderland team which had disharmony due to Keane's management style and Stokes' poor attitude, but has come up here and played football as John Hughes puts it, with a smile on his face. He has scored against the top teams and the bottom teams in the SPL, and has regained his place in the Eire squad (full of high value players). So why on earth would Hibs not be in a position to place a decent valuation against all those facts and stats Jack ? Scott MacDonald remember came from Motherwell having not cut the mustard down south and has only ever really scored goals in the SPL, with the obvious exception that he has scored a few in European competition. He isn't even the recognised front man for Australia, yet your team puts a valuation of over £4 million for him ?

He's scored consistently for a few seasons now and yes - he has scored quite a few in Europe. He has also, by playing for celtic, shown he can handle the pressure that goes with playing for a big club.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Point taken Jack but I was referring to funds available to the manager which I believe are not great?

Granted we don't have a bottomless pit of money, but if we wanted to, I reckon we could have afforded £3m for Stokes, but we have more pressing areas in the team which require strengthening.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 02:03 PM

That was a freak result. :greengrin

truehibernian
12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
MacDonald has also had the benefit of having Nakamura, McGeady, Samaras, Maloney and Venegoor of Hesselink to play alongside, hence his above average goal tally IMO. Stokes has not had that kind of quality to create as many chances. If MacDonald is valued at over £4 million, then IMO Stokes is not that far off it too based on all the facts and stats.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Add Goals to that and you might have a player, a key factor in a forward.

Stokes has the goals along with some of the attributes you mention for Fortune hence people on heres views on value.

Fair point. Need to head werk beckons. :bitchy:

KeithTheHibby
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Perhaps but still couldn't score into a barrel of fannies.

Sylar
12-01-2010, 02:06 PM
That was a freak result. :greengrin

Seeing as we held them at Ibrox earlier this season then (something you lot failed to do :wink:), let's say the same "freak" result befell us :greengrin

Captain Trips
12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
Perhaps but still couldn't score into a barrel of fannies.

Yes he could he put the ball into stands many times at Parkhead

Steve20
12-01-2010, 02:12 PM

Maybe. Then again, maybe us being closer to your lot than your are to the Huns means that you are no longer a massive threat to them? :devil:

CallumLaidlaw
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM
And your point? :confused:

Surprised I need to expalin this to you.
A player that was worth £50k was very quickly valued at £10m by Celtic.
The point being, the club dont want to sell this player, but if a silly offer came in then its hard to say no

StevieT
12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
What's the snow like in bonnyrigg? son's got a game there on sunday but I'd quite like it to be off so i can go for a bevvy on saturday night. On or off? Drunk or sober? What's your thoughts?

What team does your son play for? You can PM the reply if you like

1875er
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Fair point. Need to head werk beckons. :bitchy:

Now we know you are talking nonsense... a Weegie with a Job... or should that be "Jeb"....aye right

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
The Rules of OF Club(s)

1. You always talk about OF clubs.
2. You always talk about OF clubs.
3. When someone says stop, or goes limp, even if he's just faking it, you continue to talk about OF clubs.
4. Only two teams.
5. One game at a time.
6. The journo mates try to destabilise players/teams
7. The tapping goes on as long as they have to.
8. If another team approaches 3rd place for the 1st time you have to fight against them by whatever means (fair or foul).

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Surprised I need to expalin this to you.
A player that was worth £50k was very quickly valued at £10m by Celtic.
The point being, the club dont want to sell this player, but if a silly offer came in then its hard to say no

EH??? After 6 months in the side?? Maybe the press came up with a figure like that after he'd been at celtic for a few years - even then its the press. in fact there was nothing really about any bids coming in for Agathe.

So your comparison is nonsense.

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Now we know you are talking nonsense... a Weegie with a Job... or should that be "Jeb"....aye right

Tiresome and unfunny, in fact I bet some hibs fans are cringing at that. :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
12-01-2010, 03:23 PM

I laughed......:greengrin

Now back to the sweeping!

1875er
12-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Careful Jack you dont want your "bess" catching you on the computer... now hurry up those bins are not gonna empty themselves, once you have finished the IT Classroom can you move onto the Woodwork Block please.:wink::greengrin

JackRegan
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Careful Jack you dont want your "bess" catching you on the computer... now hurry up those bins are not gonna empty themselves, once you have finished the IT Classroom can you move onto the Woodwork Block please.:wink::greengrin

YOu obviously know very little about Glasgow. If you did you would know that I'd simply get a dickensian street urchian type to do that sort of dirty work.

As it happens I a typing this in a big house in Newton Mearns while the occupants are away skiiing. :rolleyes:

Hibs7
12-01-2010, 03:42 PM
As it happens I a typing this in a big house in Newton Mearns while the occupants are away skiiing. :rolleyes:

Not another Break In Jack :wink:

Barney McGrew
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM

The same Huns that we've taken an equal number of points from as your team have?

Keith_M
12-01-2010, 04:11 PM
YOu obviously know very little about Glasgow. If you did you would know that I'd simply get a dickensian street urchian type to do that sort of dirty work.

Never mind all that, tell us what we really want to know. Are you, at this very point, wearing a shellsuit?

Unlikely most on here, I've actualy lived in Glasgow so know for a fact that 75% of Glaswegians always wear one.

:greengrin

tony higgins
12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Never mind all that, tell us what we really want to know. Are you, at this very point, wearing a shellsuit?

Unlikely most on here, I've actualy lived in Glasgow so know for a fact that 75% of Glaswegians always wear one.

Prefer white skinners masel.

noseyhibby
12-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Every player has a price and Hibs will remain a "selling club". If we are talking millions then we will seriously consider selling Stokes. The money will help Hibs in the medium to long term, certainly it will help towards the stadium development. Stokes can be replaced by an effective striker for a lot less than Celtic might offer, though who Hughes could have in mind is anybodys business. As it stands I don't seriously think Celtic can afford Stokes for a price agreeable to Hibs. There might be a possible player or two in Celtics ranks that could be used as part exchange and thus pull the whole thing together, but who Hughes might consider or want is questionable. :cool2:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM
A pile of ****** from a nothing website, absolute nonsense

hibiedude
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
What a Load of cr@p

Next Rangers will be after him with Boyd being out for 6-8 weeks

More scare stories to follow from the Glasgow Media

Aldo
12-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Mowbray GTF. This boy is going nowhere. Start the bidding at £6 million and least with a 25 per cent sell on clause then we may think about it (NOT).

This is utter pish......The yams may even table a bid????

BEEJ
12-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I know I did when I read it.

Unlikely most on here, I've actualy lived in Glasgow so know for a fact that 75% of Glaswegians always wear one.:greengrin
I'd love to know which part of Glasgow you called home for a brief period of time. :tee hee:

Jim44
13-01-2010, 08:10 AM
As it says on the tin..............according to the Daily Rantic.

Cabbage East
13-01-2010, 08:13 AM
There was a big thread on this yesterday mate.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-01-2010, 08:23 AM
It was only a matter of time before Celtic took interest in Stokes, the up side is that Petrie is the man they would need to deal with and he wont be bullied into parting unless its another huge fee and good deal for Hibs

Jim44
13-01-2010, 08:28 AM
There was a big thread on this yesterday mate.

Out of circulation yesterday, sorry about repitition.

MontrealHibs
13-01-2010, 08:29 AM
I'm not surprised by this story, but we can't lose really. We either hang on to him or Rod will negotiate some massive fee to pay a huge chunk of the East Stand... and we will sign somebody else (Kevin Kyle perhaps?).

Danderhall Hibs
13-01-2010, 08:34 AM

It’s defrosting mate but the snow’s still about. If the snow was to be cleared the pitch is still likely to be frozen. I’d guess you’d be safe enough to go out.

Steve20
13-01-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm not surprised by this story, but we can't lose really. We either hang on to him or Rod will negotiate some massive fee to pay a huge chunk of the East Stand... and we will sign somebody else (Kevin Kyle perhaps?).

We lose Stokes and bring in Kyle, then we lose.

Captain Trips
13-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Selling Stokes to a rival at this juncture does nothing but make any challenge we looked like making almost null and void, he is 1 of the reasons we are doing well, selling him to one of the clubs we are chasing be-littles everything we have acheived or are trying too IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
13-01-2010, 08:59 AM
you'd think we were playing Celtic soon......

Hank Schrader
13-01-2010, 09:02 AM
We lose Stokes and bring in Kyle, then we lose.

:agree:

Celtic can go ram it.

Leithenhibby
13-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Selling Stokes to a rival at this juncture does nothing but make any challenge we looked like making almost null and void, he is 1 of the reasons we are doing well, selling him to one of the clubs we are chasing be-littles everything we have acheived or are trying too IMO.

:top marks and that is why (imo) that this will not happen. Celtic don't have a-pot-tae-piss-in at this moment and time.

So for that reason, I'm out. :cool2:

HIBERNIAN 1875
13-01-2010, 09:09 AM
:agree:

Steve20
13-01-2010, 09:15 AM
To the people that say Celtic can't afford him, Have they not just spent near £2million on a centre half? They are also getting money in for Caldwell and Robson.

Leithenhibby
13-01-2010, 09:22 AM
To the people that say Celtic can't afford him, Have they not just spent near £2million on a centre half? They are also getting money in for Caldwell and Robson.

Two questions.

1. now that they have spent 2m on a CH, how much is left in the pot?

2. do you feel they will get millions for those two mediocre players. :cool2:

Steve20
13-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Two questions.

1. now that they have spent 2m on a CH, how much is left in the pot?

2. do you feel they will get millions for those two mediocre players. :cool2:

1. I am sure Celtic are not skint and could afford to bring in more players.

2. No, but any money they do get can be put towards bringing in another player.

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Really no reason for us to sell him unless a very good offer comes in; hes our top scorer, a key first teamer, and just signed in the summer.

Would be dissapointed to see him go but every player has a price, but if Celtic could reach Yogi/Rods valuation would have faith in them.

Leigh Griffiths as a replacement if true? Bit untested at this level apart from the cup games against SPL opposition, but hes been banging them in the first division, sure he could make the step up. Being linked to some championship clubs but think hes a Hibee which would maybe give us a chance.

Leithenhibby
13-01-2010, 09:51 AM
1. I am sure Celtic are not skint and could afford to bring in more players.

2. No, but any money they do get can be put towards bringing in another player.

But, the player we are talking about is Anthony Stokes. We are starting to see what a quality player he is and quality does have its price.

Celtic will look to (if this is true) get him (anybody else) on the cheap :agree:

Mr Petrie doesn't do cheap :greengrin and that is why we can all relax..:cool2:

MrSmith
13-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Really no reason for us to sell him unless a very good offer comes in; hes our top scorer, a key first teamer, and just signed in the summer.

Would be dissapointed to see him go but every player has a price, but if Celtic could reach Yogi/Rods valuation would have faith in them.

Leigh Griffiths as a replacement if true? Bit untested at this level apart from the cup games against SPL opposition, but hes been banging them in the first division, sure he could make the step up. Being linked to some championship clubs but think hes a Hibee which would maybe give us a chance.

Think the question everyone forgets to ask: would he want to go to Celtic? As far as I can recall, when he signed, he said Hibs are a stepping stone for him getting back to the premiership as quickly as possible.

Joe Baker II
13-01-2010, 09:54 AM
It has to be good news and reflects well on Hughes so far that we are attracting players other clubs (if it was not Celtic someone else would be interested) are reported to be interested in paying millions for - a fact if life at most clubs better players rarely stay long so have to live with it.

PeterboroHibee
13-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Think the question everyone forgets to ask: would he want to go to Celtic? As far as I can recall, when he signed, he said Hibs are a stepping stone for him getting back to the premiership as quickly as possible.

True, but players can often change their minds when a team like Celtic comes along and starts throwing money at them. You would also have to assume that as Celtic wouldnt be getting him on the cheap, they would be playing him, which also must be more tempting.

Hes only 21 remember, been around for a while but hes still got plenty of time in his career. Personally I do think Hibs is the best place for him to be, hes banging in the goals and is, at the moment anyway, the main man, his goals being key in our success.

JackRegan
13-01-2010, 10:05 AM
:top marks and that is why (imo) that this will not happen. Celtic don't have a-pot-tae-piss-in at this moment and time.

So for that reason, I'm out. :cool2:

it won't happen because I seriously doubt that Celtic are interested. ALso as for "not having a pot to piss in" - Celtic have spent £3.9m this window and look like bringing £2m in.

Lawwell said (although I would not trust a word this man says) bumped his gums at a Corporate get together that the NET pot for January would be £5m.

For the record, Celtic have an unused £12m overdraft facility and had £11m Cash in Hand in the bank in September.

Hardly a "not a pot to piss in" case.

Although in the tabloids, when Celtic are being prudent it equates to being skint.....:rolleyes:

cwilliamson85
13-01-2010, 10:06 AM
What can Celtic offer him that we can’t?

An extra 10k on his pay packet and European football?

If he keeps banging in the goals like he is doing he can go down south in 2 seasons and collect his extra bit of cash and maybe join a team with European expectations and play in a better league.

mjhibby
13-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes amazingly enough we are playing them in a couple of weeks.Surely this is not the press trying to unsettle the team behind them in the league.Its actually just a throwaway lline in story about gow and is a rumoured to be story.im sure the tache is having agood laugh at all this.Im sure stokes will want to stay until the end of the season and get a regular game before he even thinks of moving on.

MrSmith
13-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Everyone knows Celtic and Rangers are in decline - rapidly to add! Players with distinct talent are hardly likely to go there knowing that, no matter what team they supported as a child, the focus is fully on the Premiership or CCC making the move there more worthy than a trip to last ditch saloon! FGS Celtic have just bought a defender who didn't make it at Livingston!

Jack, Celtic may have a £12million overdraft but it is no pot to get money from. It is not Celtics money and considering the financial state we are in I would assume that this money has been heavily reduced to perhaps the £5million your pot currently carries....

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Daily Record is stating that Celtic can't sign Stokes in January because he only joined Hibs in August. There is a no more than 2 permanent clubs in one season rule nowadays (cf Daniel Cousin). I'm not sure if this applies though because Stokes was way out of it at Sunderland before he moved to Hibs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/13/hibs-eye-loan-move-for-plymouth-outcast-alan-gow-86908-21963325/

One player rumoured to be on the way out at Hibs is Ireland striker Anthony Stokes - thought to be a Celtic target. But FIFA's rule that players can only register for three clubs and play for two in a season rules out a January move for Stokes who was at Sunderland before his move north.

JimBHibees
13-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Daily Record is stating that Celtic can't sign Stokes in January because he only joined Hibs in August. There is a no more than 2 permanent clubs in one season rule nowadays (cf Daniel Cousin).

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/13/hibs-eye-loan-move-for-plymouth-outcast-alan-gow-86908-21963325/

So complete non-story then, dear oh dear. :bitchy:

Broken Gnome
13-01-2010, 11:08 AM
If I was a Celtic fan, I'd be embarrassed at how lazy their transfer targets tend to be. See Willo Flood, Chris Killen, Derek Riordan, now Stokes.... 'what's this? a player in good form at another Scottish club? how dare they? why isn't he ours???'

1875er
13-01-2010, 11:46 AM
If I was a Celtic fan, I'd be embarrassed '

Fixed that for you...

rightwinger
13-01-2010, 11:48 AM
If Celtic want Stokes they'll have to pay big money for him, as always.

It's a shame for them the way Rod Petrie keeps spoiling their fun: sign a player for little money on long-term deal who plays really well and then hold firm when the interest comes. 2 and 1/2 years left on his deal, we're starting at £3m.

That would be a great deal for Hibs financially. He'd definitely be a loss but Riordan and Benji can play through the middle and I'm sure Hughes will have other attackers (such as Gow) on his radar.

That's the long and the short of it and Peter Lawell and Tony Mowbray know it. I'm not worried.

Baw187
13-01-2010, 12:22 PM
This Dailly Rec-turd story has most likely just been picked up by that rumour web site posted yesterday. The story even says that it is a rumour !!

Load of pish - nae substance - ignore and remove from memory.

Sandy
13-01-2010, 01:16 PM
This Dailly Rec-turd story has most likely just been picked up by that rumour web site posted yesterday. The story even says that it is a rumour !!

:agree: Ra sellick can get stuffed, not like a weegie rag to try and unsettle a player prior to a game against one of the OF is it :bitchy:

Phil MaGlass
13-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Amazing,stories like this unfolding a couple of weeks before we play sellik,to be expected I suppose,imagne how frantic the rumour mill will be when we get nearer the 27th.......

brydekirk
14-01-2010, 12:28 AM
gow on loan and stokes to the tic in the summer.:blah: the sun:faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2010, 07:38 AM
No to Gow, even on loan. Players need to be better than we have. If Celtic want Stokes then they will need to dig very deep. Look what they coughed up for Fortune. Stokes has shown a awful lot more than that.:agree:

Hainan Hibs
14-01-2010, 08:07 AM
I wouldnae be selling to those manky barstwards unless it was silly money, and I mean VERY silly money.

I hate that club with a passion, and hate Hibs doing business with them.

If Septic want Stokes then Rodders should take the Single Fish.

Steve20
14-01-2010, 08:38 AM
I couldn't care less what they offer us. Tell them to get lost. Stokes' goals are irreplaceable. What good is big money if we can't score goals?

PaulSmith
14-01-2010, 09:18 AM
I couldn't care less what they offer us. Tell them to get lost. Stokes' goals are irreplaceable. What good is big money if we can't score goals?

The same said when Irvine, Cowan, Durie, Miller,O'Connor, Riordan, Killen, Fletcher all left. Players move on and others come in, fact of life and more so a fact of supporting a team like Hibs.

stuartmcdee
14-01-2010, 09:39 AM
There are certainly a lot of rumour Im pritty sure there is a rule out there you can sign for 3 teams in one season but you can only play for 2 so hes here till the end of the season then 3 mill +

Steve20
14-01-2010, 09:41 AM
There are certainly a lot of rumour Im pritty sure there is a rule out there you can sign for 3 teams in one season but you can only play for 2 so hes here till the end of the season then 3 mill +

We should be looking to keep him here next season too.

brydekirk
14-01-2010, 09:45 AM

:agree: this rule does exist

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I have no idea if there is any truth in this, but you'd think the smellies would have learnt by now. none of the players who have left us for them, have been a success since Stanton. Every player we have sold them, has been either a bit player, or someone the fans dont like, and want rid of.

erskine-hibby
14-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Just seems to me to be yet another instance of trying to undermine a team that may challenge the OF's dominance of this league.
Put up or shut up is what i say:agree:

Ozyhibby
14-01-2010, 10:12 AM
I have no idea if there is any truth in this, but you'd think the smellies would have learnt by now. none of the players who have left us for them, have been a success since Stanton. Every player we have sold them, has been either a bit player, or someone the fans dont like, and want rid of.

John Collins?

Callum_62
14-01-2010, 10:23 AM

id class Agathe as a success

marinello59
14-01-2010, 10:25 AM

And Collins.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2010, 10:33 AM

And Collins.:greengrin

Aye apart from those 2. :wink:

Barney McGrew
14-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Pat McGinlay did OK when he went to Darkhead, finishing top scorer in his first season IIRC.

Uli Laursen played in the UEFA Cup final for them as well.

Kerrplunk
14-01-2010, 10:46 AM

Slightly off subject but does this mean David Van Zanten cannot play for Hamilton until next season (he has already been at us and Morton)???

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Slightly off subject but does this mean David Van Zanten cannot play for Hamilton until next season (he has already been at us and Morton)???

I think you’re right mate – there’ll be a way round the rule. I think it’s wishful thinking that Stokes can’t go because of this.

Captain Trips
14-01-2010, 10:55 AM

Indeed a lot of players did nothing, however that will not be in a players mind that others failed, they will believe that they will be different or will make a lot of money.

The big difference here is that Stokes has had a contract with big money before, he can be far more objective than say if Nish was offered a deal at Celtic. The situation we have with Stokes is different than with most players we have, Stokes has made a good wage and I think can gamble on knocking back OF to play down south.

stanton_4
14-01-2010, 10:57 AM
John Collins?
Stanton wasn't that much of a success in terms of appearances anyway. He spent two seasons there, most of which was blighted by injury if memory serves.

JackRegan
14-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Stanton wasn't that much of a success in terms of appearances anyway. He spent two seasons there, most of which was blighted by injury if memory serves.

I was only wee when Stanton was at Celtic, but remember that he was an excellent player and is fondly remembered by those who saw him.:agree:

Captain Trips
14-01-2010, 11:09 AM
One other thing I would add, this story is probably mostly made up and rumour, what I will say is that if he is getting interest from other clubs is the guy remembers if it wasnt for Hibs and more so Hughes there would be no interest.

Not I think there is any chance of a player taking that into account and maybe giving us a bit more time.

Keith_M
14-01-2010, 11:17 AM
John Collins?

Pat McGinlay did OK when he went to Darkhead, finishing top scorer in his first season IIRC.

Uli Laursen played in the UEFA Cup final for them as well.

Face it Blackpool, yer talking P*sh (again). Stick tae runnin your B&B....

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 11:36 AM

He can. Morton don't count for that purpose because they're in a lower division. (seriously) It's also a slightly different case because DVZ was freed by Hibs and then picked up on a short term deal by Morton, rather than a formal transfer.

That said, I don't think the Record are correct because Stokes didn't play for Sunderland this season in a proper game.

smurf
14-01-2010, 11:51 AM
148 posts based on what actual evidence?:confused:

erskine-hibby
14-01-2010, 11:55 AM
148 posts based on what actual evidence?:confused:

Evidence:confused:

We actually need evidence on here:confused::confused:

Houchy
14-01-2010, 11:59 AM

Scott Brown?

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Scott Brown?

Nope.

That lot would be more than happy to sell for what they paid for him.

I think BH has a point, the only unqualified success in that period was Agathe.

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Face it Blackpool, yer talking P*sh (again). Stick tae runnin your B&B....

Sold it in 2006, ah wis crap at that tae. :greengrin

3pm
14-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Don't forget Caldwell. Just got a big money move to Wigan. :agree:

Jim44
14-01-2010, 01:04 PM
A lot of the arrogant tossers on Kerrydale street seem to think that Stokes' is theirs for the taking, if they really want him and if they can 'play hardball with Petrie'( erm, is that not likely to be the other way round???) :greengrin. Either way they seem to think that the question is whether he is good enough and how little they should have to pay for him.

JackRegan
14-01-2010, 01:54 PM
A lot of the arrogant tossers on Kerrydale street seem to think that Stokes' is theirs for the taking, if they really want him and if they can 'play hardball with Petrie'( erm, is that not likely to be the other way round???) :greengrin. Either way they seem to think that the question is whether he is good enough and how little they should have to pay for him.

I have 4000 odd posts on there, so I know it well and you're right - it is full of arrogant tossers. I think there are about 40 posters on that site who actually go to games or have been watching Celtic before 1998

celticminded and thehuddleboard is where its at.

Kato
14-01-2010, 02:05 PM

I thought he played the majority of his first season(enough win League and Cup Medals, 34 games?, then retired near the start of his second season with an ongoing injury.

I remember a Celtic supporting pal warning us at the start of his first season that he was going to watch Stanton closely in every game as we had went on and on about how good he was for so many years. He had to admit at the end of that spell that he never saw Stanton make a mistake.

Kato
14-01-2010, 02:06 PM
A lot of the arrogant tossers on Kerrydale street seem to think that Stokes' is theirs for the taking,

Like we rolled over and let them have Fletcher last season..:wink:

Love the Green
14-01-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought he played the majority of his first season(enough win League and Cup Medals, 34 games?, then retired near the start of his second season with an ongoing injury.

I remember a Celtic supporting pal warning us at the start of his first season that he was going to watch Stanton closely in every game as we had went on and on about how good he was for so many years. He had to admit at the end of that spell that he never saw Stanton make a mistake.

Not surprised the guy was a hero a modern day GLADIATOR.....OOZED class in alm departments and will forever be my all time favourite HI-BEE.

"keep the faith":wink:

stanton_4
14-01-2010, 11:00 PM

Fair enough your memory of his time at The Tic is far better than mine. What I do remember clearly is that Pat Stanton was and still is the best player I have ever seen at Easter Road... in my opinion of course. So good in fact I named my band after him. And on that note "Stanton" are playing at The Carriers Quarters in Bernard Street on the 28th of this month. 8pm start and free entry. To those who are interested, have a wee look here www.myspace.com/stantonband

Dashing Bob S
14-01-2010, 11:11 PM
The same said when Irvine, Cowan, Durie, Miller,O'Connor, Riordan, Killen, Fletcher all left. Players move on and others come in, fact of life and more so a fact of supporting a team like Hibs.

I think it's increasingly the case that ANY player who performs for ANY club will move on, whether it's Stokes at Hibs, McGeady at Celtic or Ronaldo at Man Utd. It's the influence of agents and big money. I'm bothered about the players we have that other clubs are interested in, it's the ones that nobody wants to touch with a bargepole that concern me more.

1875godsgift
15-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Fair enough your memory of his time at The Tic is far better than mine. What I do remember clearly is that Pat Stanton was and still is the best player I have ever seen at Easter Road... in my opinion of course. So good in fact I named my band after him. And on that note "Stanton" are playing at The Carriers Quarters in Bernard Street on the 28th of this month. 8pm start and free entry. To those who are interested, have a wee look here www.myspace.com/stantonband (http://www.myspace.com/stantonband)
Off topic I'm afraid, but do you know Neil Bateman? He's been on the music scene in Edinburgh for years now?

stanton_4
15-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Off topic I'm afraid, but do you know Neil Bateman? He's been on the music scene in Edinburgh for years now?

Nah sorry dont know him.

Bostonhibby
15-01-2010, 10:44 PM

:agree:Lazy "journalist" misses deadline , has been in bed all week, editor wants a story so makes something up, sends it in, goes back to bed. If the unwashed can raise £4m we might listen but I didn't need that comic to tell me.