PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Scottish Cup runs

Hibbyradge
12-01-2010, 08:02 AM
I've been hearing about how lucky Hibs have been with the Cup draw this year. Some moron on 9pointsback even posted about how we get lucky with home draws "every year".

Well, since it's obvious that they have forgotten their own history, I've listed below, the games they played when they won in 98 and 06.

HOME Clydebank
HOME Albion Rovers

Ayr United
Falkirk

Rangers

So, the only SPL team they faced was in the final. That'll do for me this year.

HOME Kilmarnock
HOME Aberdeen
HOME Partick Thistle

DEPLETED Hibs

Gretna

None of their opponents had home advantage in 2006. Again, that'll do for me.

Hope this helps!

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I've been hearing about how lucky Hibs have been with the Cup draw this year. Some moron on 9pointsback even posted about how we get lucky with home draws "every year".

Well, since it's obvious that they have forgotten their own history, I've listed below, the games they played when they won in 98 and 06.

HOME Clydebank
HOME Albion Rovers

Ayr United
Falkirk

Rangers

HOME Kilmarnock
HOME Aberdeen
HOME Partick Thistle

DEPLETED Hibs

Gretna

Hope this helps!

Any reason for you not listing all the other times they won the cup HR? They’ve got a special relationship with this Cup so I’d imagine there are many many more seasons you could have listed?

Hibbyradge
12-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Any reason for you not listing all the other times they won the cup HR? They’ve got a special relationship with this Cup so I’d imagine there are many many more seasons you could have listed?

I had intended to, but I couldn't see the keyboard to type through my tears.

Their special relationship sure makes me feel inferior in every way.

They really are the big team.

Danderhall Hibs
12-01-2010, 09:29 AM

That’s good info – a lot of Hertz fans won’t know that’s who they beat.

They could provide you with info on who knocked us out though going back to the year of their birth though.

Cropley10
12-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I had intended to, but I couldn't see the keyboard to type through my tears.

Looking at the record books from 1900 I can only see one win to 98...:confused: So they've won it 3 time in 108 years:confused:

bawheid
12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Looking at the record books from 1900 I can only see one win to 98...:confused: So they've won it 3 time in 108 years:confused:

:confused:

That simply cannot be right. They won it in 1986 too did they not?

PC Stamp
12-01-2010, 10:32 AM
looking at the record books from 1900 i can only see one win to 98...:confused: So they've won it 3 time in 108 years:confused:

1905 & 1955.

Killiehibbie
12-01-2010, 11:20 AM
:confused:

That simply cannot be right. They won it in 1986 too did they not?

Nearly but I think they won the league that season.

Hibercelona
12-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Nearly but I think they won the league that season.

They beat Dundee did they not?

Oh wait... no, just found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Littlest Hobo
12-01-2010, 12:45 PM

They could provide you with info on who knocked us out though going back to the year of their birth though.

:faf: That's a fact mate. :thumbsup:

Kato
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm oozing inferiority from every complex.

McSwanky
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM

So what you're saying is that they only needed a draw against Dundee to win the league and they didn't manage it?

That's got to go down as one of the biggest monumental ****-ups of all time. Can't believe I missed it.

Leithenhibby
12-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Priceless, it's been years since I've seen that...:cool2:

poolman
12-01-2010, 02:44 PM

HOME Clydebank
HOME Albion Rovers

Ayr United
Falkirk

Rangers

HOME Kilmarnock
HOME Aberdeen
HOME Partick Thistle

DEPLETED Hibs

Gretna

Hope this helps!

Ach, they've just been humped oot the cup by a very ordinary Sheep side

They've got to get their jollies somehow

After all, aren't we cringing with jealousy oozing out our open pores with all their signings, new stand :blah: :blah: :blah:

There's 19 days or so until the window closes, i'm sure we can muster a few threads re. all their transfers on Feb 1st, perhaps one or two .Netters can infiltrate Yakbak and give us an insight as to their reaction to all the new forwards Shabby's gonna bring in, apart from the two that Shabby had up on trial and Vlad booted them back home :bye:

Mister P
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
absolute legend. so glad you found that video clip...thats a must on my facebook :wink:

The_Todd
12-01-2010, 04:45 PM
They ALWAYS seem to get a draw that's very kind.

1998 was the exception to the rule for us.

Home to Hearts in the third round last season? Away to Rangers in the 2008 last 16? Away to Aberdeen in the 2007 third round? Hearts in the 2006 semi when they could've had Gretna or Dundee? Away to Rangers in the 2006 last 16? Home to Rangers in the 2004 third round? Away to Dundee United, then Dunfermline (a good side back then) in 2003? Away to Rangers in the 2002 last 16?

Kind? You sure about that?

I always knew Mr Lawson was a beacon of impartial integrity in a sea of maroon-stained p*sh.

http://whoispaz.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/you_just_got_pwned.jpg

Baw187
12-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I always knew Mr Lawson was a beacon of impartial integrity in a sea of maroon-stained p*sh.

He makes an excellent point. I had never really thought about how much we'd been shafted in the cup with our draws. Makes it incredible to think we have made the semi 50% of the time in the last 10 year.

Toaods
12-01-2010, 05:09 PM
they surely own the Scottish Cup outright having secured it for their trophy cupboard so often.

I mean, every football fan in the country knows that Old Firm nonsense is just paparrazzi hype and that Hearts are the true power of Scottish football..:faf:

matty_f
12-01-2010, 05:22 PM

I'm sure that if we had a special relationship with the cup we'd know all about it as well.

Anyway, I won a tenner on the lottery the other week, I'm away to start laughing at everyone who hasn't won it, now that I have a special relationship with it.:agree:

Dibben
12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
So what you're saying is that they only needed a draw against Dundee to win the league and they didn't manage it?

That's got to go down as one of the biggest monumental ****-ups of all time. Can't believe I missed it.

I knew a lad once, who admitted to me that he had a 'rare' 'Hearts FC - League Champions 1986' scarf!! He agreed to let me see it and take the **** out of him for a few seconds - always said I die a happy man after that!!!

Wonder how many of those scarfs are left now?

:thumbsup:

BH.

KWJ
13-01-2010, 07:14 AM
I knew a lad once, who admitted to me that he had a 'rare' 'Hearts FC - League Champions 1986' scarf!! He agreed to let me see it and take the **** out of him for a few seconds - always said I die a happy man after that!!!

Wonder how many of those scarfs are left now?

:thumbsup:

BH.

EPIC FAIL :thumbsup: