PDA

View Full Version : Jefferies "mutual consented" by Killie

Part/Time Supporter
11-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Just read out on RS.

"mutual consent"

not a happy bunny after the chairman went behind his back to talk to Kyle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/8453200.stm

In a club statement, Kilmarnock said: "An agreement has been reached among Kilmarnock Football Club, team manager Jim Jefferies and assistant team manager Billy Brown which will allow Messrs Jefferies and Brown to leave the employment of the club with immediate effect.

"The agreement was reached by mutual consent.

"Everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club wishes to thank Jim and Billy for their eight years of service to the club, a period which witnessed several top-six SPL finishes and the League Cup final in 2007.

"The club will now seek a new manager with a view to restoring its position in the top six of the SPL and challenging for this year's Scottish Cup."

Potty78
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Any killie players worth taking?Jefferies will end up back at Hearts.

MacBean
11-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Jim White just belted it out on SSN

Fat Stu
11-01-2010, 07:39 PM
would say almost certs to godown now, one of the worst teams in the league an my opinion he is the only reason they were going to survive.

Perspective
Won't be a popular opinion on here, but I've always thought of him as a decent manager and guy.

Whatever people think of him, he deserves to be treated with a bit more respect, given he took at least one wage cut to help the club out.

Think he's done a good job at Kilmarnock with both hands tied behind his back. Given he's lost half his backroom staff and had, you can only imagine, a tiny player budget to operate with, he's done well to keep Killie in the SPL.

With their level of debt and support I can only see them nosediving, which is a a shame as I always enjoy my trip through there.

Part/Time Supporter

I think that's him finished, but United could do worse

:duck:

I think Killie are heading down the ****ter.

MussyHibby
11-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Another casualty in the Scottish game. When was the last time the SPL was without 2 managers?

.................3 if you include the gibbering erse at Tynie!:agree:

The_Todd
11-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey may be a fat Jambo b*$t*rd who is in dire need of cheering up, but Killie aren't going to do any better.

Suicidal by Killie IMO. Any bets he ends up at Falkirk and has the last laugh? Eddie May must be on thin ice now.

jodjam
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Won't be a popular opinion on here, but I've always thought of him as a decent manager and guy.

Whatever people think of him, he deserves to be treated with a bit more respect, given he took at least one wage cut to help the club out.

Think he's done a good job at Kilmarnock with both hands tied behind his back. Given he's lost half his backroom staff and had, you can only imagine, a tiny player budget to operate with, he's done well to keep Killie in the SPL.

With their level of debt and support I can only see them nosediving, which is a a shame as I always enjoy my trip through there.

totally agree. When he brings Killie to ER he always has a go. He'll be snapped up by next bottom 6 club or Div1 team looking for a boss.

chorley_fm
11-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I think that's him finished, but United could do worse

:duck:

I think Killie are heading down the ****ter.

correct

weecounty hibby
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
We should never forget he has played a significant part in some of our greatest games...............

0-7:thumbsup:
6-2:thumbsup:
5-1:thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
totally agree. When he brings Killie to ER he always has a go. He'll be snapped up by next bottom 6 club or Div1 team looking for a boss.

They didn't last time (played for a 0-0 and beat in the last 10 minutes). Killie have been struggling for a while but this is the kind of thing that could push them over the edge.

Westie1875
11-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Taoiul (wee Zoomer's pal)? :greengrin

--------
11-01-2010, 07:46 PM

:agree:

Jumbo's not a bad lad, IMO. I really wonder if he'll look for something else right now - this must be a sickener.

United could look a lot farther and fare a lot worse. D'you know, has Brown gone as well? They'd do a lot better for Motherwell than Granpaw Broon will.

Cropley10
11-01-2010, 07:46 PM
We should never forget he has played a significant part in some of our greatest games...............

0-7:thumbsup:
6-2:thumbsup:
5-1:thumbsup:

I will always be grateful to Jumbo Jim for a great day out at Hamdump!

Barney McGrew
11-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Jefferies will end up back at Hearts.

No chance. He's a yam, but he's not a mug. There's no way he'd work for Romanov.

Leithenhibby
11-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Another casualty in the Scottish game. When was the last time the SPL was without 2 managers?

:faf:

Hibbyradge
11-01-2010, 07:49 PM

He absolutely HATES Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
He needs to get another job quickly. We don't have that many songs, and cant afford to lose one of the better ones.

jodjam
11-01-2010, 07:53 PM
They didn't last time (played for a 0-0 and beat in the last 10 minutes). Killie have been struggling for a while but this is the kind of thing that could push them over the edge.

i agree about last game but that's not the norm for his team.

Oscar Lomax
11-01-2010, 07:54 PM
It doesn't matter who you have as manager, if the club refuse to fund team development then the only way is down. They will struggle to find a manager as experienced and dedicated than Jefferies.
Hibs find themselves in a stable financial position and at the moment, are investing in the team, which I for one, are extremely gratefull.

joe breezy
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
He needs to get another job quickly. We don't have that many songs, and cant afford to lose one of the better ones.

:greengrin

Perspective
11-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Is that such a big deal?

If he's a Hearts man then I wouldn't expect him to feel any sort of affection for Hibs.

I'm not saying I'd like him in the ER, hotseat - far from it. Just think that a decent servant to Scottish football deserves to be treated with a bit more respect.

ronaldo7
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM

We've always got Craig Levein to fall back on:wink:

grunt
11-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Surely now SPL is without three managers? Brown is only filling in at Motherwell?

fiolex1
11-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Has Levein got a No2 for Scotland yet, if not Jeffries could be the man

TheEastTerrace
11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Jim White just belted it out on SSN

Aye, the only tw@t on TV I need to turn the volume down for...and he's a hun to boot :greengrin

andyhibs
11-01-2010, 08:11 PM
was doing work on the roads down trinity way last year, when jj walked past , myself and another hibee in the van started the cheer up jimmy jeffries song to which he smiled , about 20 mins later on his way back, he chatted to us all for about 15 mins about fitba , a decent guy if im honest

Sylar
11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Cue a reignition of the "Kyle to Hibs" rumours?

Hibs Spain
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

:faf:...I know.He does prattle on doesn't he? Doesn't seem to have an off switch. A bit like Jeffries TBO ..

PISTOL1875
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Dundee United would be better going for JJ rather than Mixup..

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
11-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Jeffries is a good manager, proven record at Falkirk, Yamcastle and Kilmarnock.

Dundee Utd will snap him up methinks, they'd be nuts not to.

Barney McGrew
11-01-2010, 08:19 PM

Which is not good news for us. I'd rather they appointed a diddy.

bingo70
11-01-2010, 08:21 PM

Good manager IMO, always thought he was doing a decent job there but possibly stayed for a year or two to long, someone going in to Killie with fresh ideas might just give them a wee boost.

Could see Killie going for Chisholm from Queen of the South.

snooky
11-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Aye, the only tw@t on TV I need to turn the volume down for...and he's a hun to boot :greengrin

....AND I'LL BET HE EVEN TEXTS LIKE THIS! :wink:

proud_and_green
11-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Is that such a big deal?

If he's a Hearts man then I wouldn't expect him to feel any sort of affection for Hibs.

I'm not saying I'd like him in the ER, hotseat - far from it. Just think that a decent servant to Scottish football deserves to be treated with a bit more respect.

Totally agree, decent bloke and one whom i suspect Michael Johnson will regret getting rid of in such a despicable way.

Stevie Reid
11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Were there not some crazy rumours in the summer that Brown was gonna end up here as Director of Football in the wake of Gary Locke's coaching offer being withdrawn?

Maybe Yogi will find a coaching position for him.

Hainan Hibs
11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm not going to join in the JJ arse kissing club but cheers Jumbo for 0-7, 6-2 and 90 minutes of pure heaven in 2007:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm not going to join in the JJ arse kissing club but cheers Jumbo for 0-7, 6-2 and 90 minutes of pure heaven in 2007:thumbsup:

Me neither, a dirty smelly miserable yam, with a face even a mother would love to smack till it bled.

Jack
11-01-2010, 08:32 PM
A wee whisper from Harry Potter. Engineered move out to get the Dundee United job maybe?

lyonhibs
11-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Tee Hee. Absolute madness by Kille, though I wouldn't be surprised if JJ felt his position had been made untenable by Johnstone snaking about behind his back.

Kille for relegation methinks - they've been at that end of the table consistently for a while now, and JJ's relatively decent record in the transfer market and sterling efforts at polishing a turd have been practically the only things keeping them up IMO.

He'll definitely get a SPL job - I think a homecoming to Falkirk is highly likely.

Shame, because their pies are dynamite!!

bighairyfaeleith
11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
He's a given for the UTD job now. Personally I hope he doesn't get it as he will get them playing well again

whereswallace?
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Does anyone know where i can find odds on JJ for the United job? Iv looked and can't find it anywhere.cheers

PeeKay
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Doesn't it make you glad to be a part of Hibernian FC? A lone rock of stability in an increasingly volatile SPL. Long may it last.

tooley
11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Jimmy Jefferies:bye::faf::bye:

GlesgaeHibby
11-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Surely has to be a stick on for the Dundee Utd job.

Vastly experienced SPL manager, has worked wonders at Killie on a shoestring budget.

Kaiser1962
11-01-2010, 09:15 PM

Is his wee pal (Billy Brown) not a hibby?

Mister P
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Jimmy Jefferies:bye::faf::bye:

I think we know a song about that.....

Scooter
11-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Shocking from killie!! If Kyle has went behind his back then I don't want Kyle any where near our club as well. He maybe a jambo but deserves more than that

GlesgaeHibby
11-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Shocking from killie!! If Kyle has went behind his back then I don't want Kyle any where near our club as well. He maybe a jambo but deserves more than that

Kyle didn't go behind his back. Kyle was shocked that the Chairman expected him to go behind JJ's back.

andyhibs
11-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Kyle didn't go behind his back. Kyle was shocked that the Chairman expected him to go behind JJ's back.
:agree::agree:

McD
11-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Is his wee pal (Billy Brown) not a hibby?

truehibernian
11-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Billy is indeed one of us and you will see him regularly down Musselburgh races when they are on, enjoying a punt. Really nice bloke and an "old schooler" when it comes to talking football. Jim Jeffries is thoroughly decent too I have to say and with there not being any compensation due to Killie, the Arabs will jump at the chance to get them both for a duck egg. Jim McIntyre or Ian McColl may take over at Killie if asked methinks.

snooky
11-01-2010, 09:42 PM
The Wallyford triangle - JJ, Geebsie & Jock Wallace. Now there's a mixed bag. :greengrin

Mikeystewart
11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Do you think other than the obvious dissagreement with the board Jeffries has an eye on the Dundee United job and do you think Dundee United have an eye on Jeffries?

El Gubbz
11-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Aye. I think the main question is why have you not changed your username yet?:confused::greengrin

fatbloke
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
The Wallyford triangle - JJ, Geebsie & Jock Wallace. Now there's a mixed bag. :greengrin

JJ Geebsie and John McGlynn would be a better one all Wallyford born and bred

andyhibs
11-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Do you think other than the obvious dissagreement with the board Jeffries has an eye on the Dundee United job and do you think Dundee United have an eye on Jeffries?
irrespective of what jobs are available, the writing was on the wall when the chairman went behind the managers back, jc , anyone:wink:

Prof. Shaggy
11-01-2010, 10:02 PM
irrespective of what jobs are available, the writing was on the wall when the chairman went behind the managers back, jc , anyone:wink:

My guess is that the writing was on the wall when, allegedly, one or other of the management team knocked the chairman out....:dizzy:

snooky
11-01-2010, 10:05 PM
My guess is that the writing was on the wall when, allegedly, one or other of the management team knocked the chairman out....:dizzy:
A Kilmarnockout punch was it?

HibbyAndy
11-01-2010, 10:10 PM
0-7
6-2
5-1

You Hearts ****!

Couldnt give a toss where this fool/idiot will end up, He's a Jambo so he can GTF.

:bye::bye::bye:

CentreLine
11-01-2010, 10:14 PM
All this talk of Dundee Utd is all very fine. But how about back to Falkirk? Wee Eddie may just be looking over his shoulder?

heretoday
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
All this talk of Dundee Utd is all very fine. But how about back to Falkirk? Wee Eddie may just be looking over his shoulder?

That would be perfect. Then we could see his greetin' face even closer to home! Honestly, he's a national treasure!

skipster7
11-01-2010, 10:36 PM
0-7
6-2
5-1

You Hearts ****!

Couldnt give a toss where this fool/idiot will end up, He's a Jambo so he can GTF.

my thoughts exactly, mumbling hearts buffoon.:agree:

s.a.m
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
0-7
6-2
5-1

You Hearts ****!

And Dundee United are still in the ******** ***.......:hmmm:

snooky
11-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Very clever :wink:

Capt Mainwaring
11-01-2010, 11:48 PM

That's more like it.

JJ is a miserable b****rd - who used to have the has the very unlikeable charcateristic of being the most ungracious winner as well as a bad looser.

Still - anyone who's been delivered into the Hearts Hall of Fame whilst being central to 0-7, 6-2 and 5-1 pumpings at the hands of the Mighty Hibees is more to be pitied than scorned!

Cheer up Jimmy Jeffries................................... :thumbsup:

ScottB
12-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Jefferies has been treated pretty shabbily here, and Kyle has hardly covered himself in glory either, didn't want him coming here before, certainly don't now.

He will find work I'm sure, kept Killie punching well above their weight for years, relegation and a quick death will follow. Maybe giving out indebted friends across the city a league opening for Yams Utd if the inevitable finally occurs... :greengrin

jacomo
12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
I think a fair few of the Killie fans were getting bored and felt it was time for Jumbo and the club to part ways, so they might be quite pleased by this.

However, that club's got serious problems, and if a new manager faces as many restrictions, then Killie could be in big trouble.

flood
12-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Killie fan here...

Micheal Johnson is utterly despised as a chairman at the club. But he announced at a fans meeting tonight that JJ and BB had "agreed to leave" and got a round of applause - for the 1st time as chairman of Killie.

Just because the papers say that Killie have treated JJ badly doesn't mean its true!

JJ has/had the biggest wage bill of any team in the bottom 6, stories have been leaked via JJ to the press to try and discredit the chairman.

Time for him to go.

truehibernian
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Where are the young Kilmarnock boys coming through, as all I see in your side at present are journeymen players who really have nothing special to offer the team. What is the youth policy like because that's the only way I see a team like Killie making inroads in reducing the debt. Danny Invincible seems to have been at Kilmarnock since they were formed FFS.

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2010, 07:20 AM
First time in ages my first thought about Killie when I wake up as been a happy one!

JJ was gonna get us relegated and now we just have to hope MJ doesn't ***** up bringing someone else in.

All this shoestring budgets is only half-true and exaggerated by the press who seem to love JJ.

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
would say almost certs to godown now, one of the worst teams in the league an my opinion he is the only reason they were going to survive.

a very good manager imho. killie will struggle now,they have made a big mistake

i`m sure most hearts fans would take him back but vlad might see him possibly do well and that does not fit in with vlads plans !!!:thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
12-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Killie fan here...

Micheal Johnson is utterly despised as a chairman at the club. But he announced at a fans meeting tonight that JJ and BB had "agreed to leave" and got a round of applause - for the 1st time as chairman of Killie.

Just because the papers say that Killie have treated JJ badly doesn't mean its true!

JJ has/had the biggest wage bill of any team in the bottom 6, stories have been leaked via JJ to the press to try and discredit the chairman.

Time for him to go.

you will know better than us how things looked week in week out,however i still believe he was the reason you have stayed in the spl.only time will tell.
good return for george burley ????

EskbankHibby
12-01-2010, 08:48 AM
I think when clubs have a bad spell there is a "grass is always greener" mentality that kicks in.

I would have to bow to the knowledge of the Killie lads looking in but from the outside looking in it looks like Jefferies was doing as good a job as possible within the constraints he had to work with.

Yogi was the same at Falkirk, fans calling for his head and he eventually left, now they are in a right state with, imo, a lesser manager in place.

Can't help but think the Killie chairman is a turkey who has just voted for Christmas.

mjhibby
12-01-2010, 08:56 AM

4 if you count the temporary position at well.I would say only yogi,mcgoo,mcpherson,mcinnes and billy reids jobs are relatively safe in the spl.The others can be bulleted at any time imho of course.just shows to show you that clubs need stability to succeed(and a good manager of course).

mjhibby
12-01-2010, 09:00 AM

That wouldnt seem to be an unrealistic summary of the situation.Cant see jeffries being out of work for long.He gets the arabs mccall/chisholm to killie and mixu at partick.I guessed it here first.:faf:

mjhibby
12-01-2010, 09:02 AM

i hope they do get relegated as we cant seem to win there.Chairman also has had an impossible job with their huge debt and it will be a tough job for the incoming manager.

RoxburghHibs
12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
He'll be the new Motherwell manager...you heard it here first :agree:
(or at least in the running)

cockneymike
12-01-2010, 10:00 AM
If i were Stephen Thompson, I'd be straight on the phone to Jumbo. A better manager for no compensation, he couldn't hope to find.

Pros of the situation: Killie may now go down, which might allow us to win an extra away game or two a season - esp if Dundee come up.

Cons of the situation: If Utd do get Jumbo, their predicted demise might not be so quick after all.

GlesgaeHibby
12-01-2010, 11:09 AM
If i were Stephen Thompson, I'd be straight on the phone to Jumbo. A better manager for no compensation, he couldn't hope to find.

Pros of the situation: Killie may now go down, which might allow us to win an extra away game or two a season - esp if Dundee come up.

Cons of the situation: If Utd do get Jumbo, their predicted demise might not be so quick after all.

The biggest con of the situation is that if Killie go down we'll miss out on Killie pies!

marinello59
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
The biggest con of the situation is that if Killie go down we'll miss out on Killie pies!

The Good Food Company (in a Mall near you selling pasties etc) are now selling them throughout Scotland. No need to panic.:thumbsup:

GlesgaeHibby
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
The Good Food Company (in a Mall near you selling pasties etc) are now selling them throughout Scotland. No need to panic.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Excellent news. I also heard somewhere that Lidl or Aldi were selling them?

number 27
12-01-2010, 11:32 AM
:thumbsup: Excellent news. I also heard somewhere that Lidl or Aldi were selling them?

Aldi were selling them last time I was in. Had one for lunch :thumbsup:

andyhibs
12-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Aldi were selling them last time I was in. Had one for lunch :thumbsup:
nade went in then..sold out:greengrin

Hakim Sar
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
jeffries was alright but kilmarnock is a sinking ship. he's done well to stop them getting relegated for years. killie maybe go for john robertson?

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Jefferies was part of the reason that Killie were looking like a sinking ship. It was begining to look like he was living on the "just keeping us up" thing.

If only we could have got rid of the chairman too but that would have been too much to hope for.

Hopefully he doesn't mess this up and manages to get us someone decent (Durrant is my choice btw)

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Jefferies was part of the reason that Killie were looking like a sinking ship. It was begining to look like he was living on the "just keeping us up" thing.
If only we could have got rid of the chairman too but that would have been too much to hope for.

Hopefully he doesn't mess this up and manages to get us someone decent (Durrant is my choice btw)

TBH mate i dont think Killie can really have to much expectation,whats the new managers goal when he gets the job? i think top 6 is way out of reach which leaves you fighting it out in the bottom 6.

If Killie dont finish bottom they will defo finish 2nd bottom IMO.

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't think that we should be in the the top six as we aren't in the group of clubs which will be contesting the top six every year.

However I do think we should be aiming to finish higher than "ooooh 11th or better would be great!"

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't think that we should be in the the top six as we aren't in the group of clubs which will be contesting the top six every year.

However I do think we should be aiming to finish higher than "ooooh 11th or better would be great!"

All teams in the bottom 6 will be looking to finish higher than 11th, course they should be, BUT Killie for me coupled with huge debts and a wafer thin pish poor sqaud will be bottom or 2nd bottom, Relegation would probably be the end of the road for Killie so i hope they dont go down, but i dont like the way the chairman went talking to Kyle regarding tactics, so in that instance id like Killie to go down.

Your mob are defo 11th or 12th material wether you like it or no :greengrin

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM

Ok, we'll see how it ends up. You could be right!

Just heard that apparently Tommy McLean is being lined up as interim manager.

MSK
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Just heard that apparently Tommy McLean is being lined up as interim manager.:faf: ..talk aboot ambition !!!

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Just heard that apparently Tommy McLean is being lined up as interim manager.

Crikey how auld is he now? :hilarious

Think id take Tommy Cooper over wee Hamster cheeks :cool2:

Dibben
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
All teams in the bottom 6 will be looking to finish higher than 11th, course they should be, BUT Killie for me coupled with huge debts and a wafer thin pish poor sqaud will be bottom or 2nd bottom, Relegation would probably be the end of the road for Killie so i hope they dont go down, but i dont like the way the chairman went talking to Kyle regarding tactics, so in that instance id like Killie to go down.

Sympathy ain't your strong point Andy eh??

:cool2: :greengrin

BH.

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
I'd take wee Tommy over JJ :wink:

And he is 62 according too Wikipedia!

HibbyAndy
12-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Sympathy ain't your strong point Andy eh??

:cool2: :greengrin

BH.

:greengrin

Certainly not if it is Hun Durrant that gets the job also :cool2: