PDA

View Full Version : NHC Stoke City

Richard Scott
11-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Who's their chairman? And is he loaded, or is my mate pulling my chain by saying they've had a £10m bid accepted for Roddalega and an £11m bid for Kenwyne Jones accepted? With them bouncing up and down the bottom of the premier league, how have they got so much money? :confused:

Killiehibbie
11-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Who's their chairman? And is he loaded, or is my mate pulling my chain by saying they've had a £10m bid accepted for Roddalega and an £11m bid for Kenwyne Jones accepted? With them bouncing up and down the bottom of the premier league, how have they got so much money? :confused:

Peter Coates founder of Bet365 and very wealthy man is their chairman.

Aldo
11-01-2010, 05:11 PM
They have that much money cos they are in the EPL. Would of got about 25 million for the position they finished in then another 30 + million for TV rights.

Loads of dosh...on a par and probably even more than the OF

CB_NO3
11-01-2010, 05:17 PM
20 million is pennies these days in the Premiership. Look at Sunderland, they have spent over 70 million in the last couple of years. Its the wages that kill these teams though, they can maybe only afford to give 25-45k a week where Chelsea and Man Utd are forking out 120k to some of their players.

ancient hibee
11-01-2010, 05:50 PM
They have that much money cos they are in the EPL. Would of got about 25 million for the position they finished in then another 30 + million for TV rights.

Loads of dosh...on a par and probably even more than the OF
Don't think they would have got anything like 25million for finishing position.

Ed De Gramo
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM

Sure Van Nistelrooy's name was mentioned as well

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Sure Van Nistelrooy's name was mentioned as well
Tony pulis ruled him out because he is on 100k a week a real.

PISTOL1875
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Isn't it Birmingham thats after JOnes and Sunderland after Roddalega ??

heretoday
11-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Stoke City are a tough old act as many teams have found out this year.

I back them to survive for a couple more years and then head south.

ScottB
11-01-2010, 11:11 PM

I agree, have every chance of sticking it out till the fans / board get impatient at 'only' finishing midtable and they make an ill thought out attempt at challenging for Europe and get dropped...

Godsahibby
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Slightly off topic / on topic here but interesting read on the BBC this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8453337.stm

p=sh
12-01-2010, 08:52 AM

what, like to Reading or Brighton? Or perhaps Italy? spill the beans.

Leithenhibby
12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Slightly off topic / on topic here but interesting read on the BBC this morning.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8453337.stm

Was just saying to my older son over Christmas holiday that I felt that the EPL would go into melt down sometime this year...

It just can't keep paying those sort of wages and expect to survive..

IT'S CRAZY, the game down south has gone mad. :agree: and WILL pay for it

The Banks tried the , "speculate to accumulate" idea and we saw what happened to them.

You can't buy yourself out of this sort of mess.

Killiehibbie
12-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Was just saying to my older son over Christmas holiday that I felt that the EPL would go into melt down sometime this year...

It just can't keep paying those sort of wages and expect to survive..

IT'S CRAZY, the game down south has gone mad. :agree: and WILL pay for it

The Banks tried the , "speculate to accumulate" idea and we saw what happened to them.

You can't buy yourself out of this sort of mess.

Correct. When you look at the money being spent it's not sustainable and clubs are going to go out of business. I know a few people who have always refused to pay for Sky because of where the money went and a lot more who have got rid of it as they're fed up paying for the big houses and flash cars these guys have.

Gala Foxes
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Stoke have hardly been bouncing in and out of the Premier League - I think they have been out of it for donkeys

joe breezy
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM

I'm not sure how that will go down with their fans, I think they'd all prefer them to continue playing in Stoke.