PDA

View Full Version : Question How many managers were there in the SPL last decade

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 01:19 PM
And how many were sacked? It's for my english coursework.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM

Does there exist a number N which is large enough to include even all the yams managers in that time, never mind the rest of the SPL? :dunno:

Andy74
11-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Why not do your own coursework then?

Baw187
11-01-2010, 03:02 PM

That's a fair point !

Not sure many people on here will be able to pluck that one out of their own memories !

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2010, 03:05 PM

Didn't you know 67.3% of coursework isn't the students' own work with 34.2% of stats also made up on the spot? :devil:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2010, 03:08 PM
That's a fair point !

Not sure many people on here will be able to pluck that one out of their own memories !

Getting others to do their work - obvisously destined to be a manager :greengrin

Funnily enough the dafties on my degree who were ambivalent about the ethics of plagurism have turned out to be better than average managers :agree:
I was the daftie who believed in doing his own work :greengrin

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 03:09 PM
That's a fair point !

Not that fair though. He's never going to be able to pop back through time and tick off the managers one by one and ask them whether they jumped or were pushed, so the next best thing is to find out on the tinterweb. Posting a straightforward question in a location where factheads are known to cybercongregate is shirley not unreasonable.

bawheid
11-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Hibs:

Alex McLeish
Franck Sauzee
Donald Park (debatable whether to count as manager)
Bobby Williamson
Tony Mowbray
That bloke who ended up at Livi (debatable whether to count as manager)
John Collins
Mixu Paatelainen (debatable...no, that's cruel..)
John Hughes

= 9

Sacked: Franck Sauzee

=1

Now repeat for every club who played SPL football during last decade.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Now repeat for every club who played SPL football during last decade.
... but using different names.

Baw187
11-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Not that fair though. He's never going to be able to pop back through time and tick off the managers one by one and ask them whether they jumped or were pushed, so the next best thing is to find out on the tinterweb. Posting a straightforward question in a location where factheads are known to cybercongregate is shirley not unreasonable.

It's hardly going to be something even the biggest stato is going know! Something stat worthy like who the top scorer in a particular year was.

Anyone who supplies the information will definitely have to research it, just as the OP could do himself.

CropleyWasGod
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
By last decade, you do mean the one that ended on 31/12/00, don;t you?

:devil:

oh, wait, it's English... those b*ggars canny count.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
It's hardly going to be something even the biggest stato is going know! Something stat worthy like who the top scorer in a particular year was.

Anyone who supplies the information will definitely have to research it, just as the OP could do himself.

If he posts the same question on every SPL/ex-SPL messageboard, hoping for one knowledgeable reply from each set of supporters, would that not count as research? :confused:

Baw187
11-01-2010, 05:47 PM
If he posts the same question on every SPL/ex-SPL messageboard, would that not count as research? :confused:

Aye, awright smart erse ! :greengrin

Although he should have asked here, How many Hibs Managers .... etc.

Bayern Bru
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Um...Wikipedia?
If you wiki every SPL team, there should be a section for managers.

e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_fc#Managers

Obviously not all of them include caretaker managers etc. but that should start you off.

CallumLaidlaw
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
one things for sure.. you'll need someone with a maths degree to work out the total of hearts managers

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Um...Wikipedia?
If you wiki every SPL team, there should be a section for managers.

e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeen_fc#Managers

Obviously not all of them include caretaker managers etc. but that should start you off.

Thank you, I was just looking for a way to work it out, Any idea how to work out how many were sacked? I was hoping someone like that LHWM (not sure if that's right- the hearts stats guy) or Johnny Boy would be able to get it easily from a website. I wasn't asking any one else to count it for me.

Though if you fancy it feel free :devil:

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM

You never know some of the stuff the stats people come out surprises me and tell me how am I going to find out if they know without asking? I didn't ask and then say if you don't know can you research it for me did I?

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 07:04 PM

Surprisingly my coursework assignment question was not just how many managers were there in the spl in the last decade and how many were fired.

I was just needing a few stats for the introduction and I was hoping fellow hibs fans would be able to help out if they knew or knew how I could find it.

Bayern Bru
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Thank you, I was just looking for a way to work it out, Any idea how to work out how many were sacked? I was hoping someone like that LHWM (not sure if that's right- the hearts stats guy) or Johnny Boy would be able to get it easily from a website. I wasn't asking any one else to count it for me.

Though if you fancy it feel free :devil:

Oh aye, I'll see what becomes of the evening and get back to you!
:greengrin

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm far from done but I've just checked and hearts have had the most at 10 but even funnier than that is that they went through a whopping 8 from 2005 through 2008 :faf: who says coursework isn't fun :thumbsup: that's an average of two managers a year!

Bayern Bru
11-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm far from done but I've just checked and hearts have had the most at 10 but even funnier than that is that they went through a whopping 8 from 2005 through 2008 :faf: who says coursework isn't fun :thumbsup: that's an average of two managers a year!

Sounds like you don't need any help with the maths then, Rab...
:cool2:

Hibee_Rab
11-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like you don't need any help with the maths then, Rab...
:cool2:

Nope I actually took further maths for a year. By the way it's from the start 2005 to the end of 2008, making it 8 managers in 4 years for hearts :jamboak: