PDA

View Full Version : Saints v Hibs game off again!

andrew70
11-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Taken form Saint Johnstone website:

FORFAR CUP TIE POSTPONED AGAIN
Tomorrow night’s Scottish Cup tie at Forfar is OFF.

Although there are early signs of a thaw, it has come too late to give the game any chance of going ahead.

The game is now re-scheduled for a week today – Monday 18th January 2010 with a 7.45pm kick off. This arrangement now means that another date will now have to be found for the visit of Hibs to Perth, which was pencilled in for Wednesday 20th January and there may be news of a new date for this game later today.

scoopyboy
11-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Although there are early signs of a thaw, it has come too late to give the game any chance of going ahead.

The game is now re-scheduled for a week today – Monday 18th January 2010 with a 7.45pm kick off. This arrangement now means that another date will now have to be found for the visit of Hibs to Perth, which was pencilled in for Wednesday 20th January and there may be news of a new date for this game later today.

Has to be in February at the earliest.

The following midweek (27th) we are away to Celtic.

Bamba should be back.

Diclonius
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Kilmarnock, Morton, Forfar and Ross County ties all off now.

When will it end? :bitchy:

andrew70
11-01-2010, 10:32 AM

If Morton v Celtic tie doesn't get played next week then our game against Celtic on the 27th could, in effect, be called off as well if I'm right? Thus reducing the games Bamba will miss furthermore??

Part/Time Supporter
11-01-2010, 10:37 AM
If Morton v Celtic tie doesn't get played next week then our game against Celtic on the 27th could, in effect, be called off as well if I'm right? Thus reducing the games Bamba will miss furthermore??

That's a lot less likely because that is the scheduled date for that league game. They could play Morton v Celtic in the midweek of 2/3 February, because neither team is in the league cup semis. That will also be part of the reason why Saints will have bumped the rescheduled date for Hibs, because they would have had to play 3 games in a week somewhere to get in the Forfar game before the next round of the cup if they hadn't.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM

TBF nothing can be done about the frozen pitches at the lower league teams but Killie have no excuse. Get the central heating on and the game can be played.

PaulSmith
11-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm quite glad that this game has been cancelled again, potentially now it will be played on a better pitch and in better conditions. Plus the added fact that Bamba will be back (unless sold) and the transfer window might bring us another 2/3 players.

hibee_girl
11-01-2010, 10:57 AM
TBF nothing can be done about the frozen pitches at the lower league teams but Killie have no excuse. Get the central heating on and the game can be played.

The pitch is fine at Killie, it's the surrounding areas that are the problem.

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2010, 11:00 AM
The pitch is fine at Killie, it's the surrounding areas that are the problem.

Is it? - No reason for the game being off then IMO.

If noone can get in or out of Killie then fair enough but I’ve not read anything about the roads being closed, schools being closed etc.

hibee_girl
11-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Is it? - No reason for the game being off then IMO.

If noone can get in or out of Killie then fair enough but I’ve not read anything about the roads being closed, schools being closed etc.

So it says here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8450886.stm

It was the first game to be called off (sure it was Saturday the decision was made but I might be wrong) they haven't given it enough of a chance IMO

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 11:03 AM

In 1963, the last time there was a bit of snow, our Ne'erday derby was played in April (3-3).

ballengeich
11-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Good. The only midweek games which should be scheduled at this time of year are cup ties.

Marabou Stork
11-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I've found all of this calling a game off because of the surrounding area being dangerous a tad bemusing. Surely you make the decision to go to the match. If you feel it's too icy/dangerous, then you wouldn't go. If you feel it's fine, then you go.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 11:53 AM
I've found all of this calling a game off because of the surrounding area being dangerous a tad bemusing. Surely you make the decision to go to the match. If you feel it's too icy/dangerous, then you wouldn't go. If you feel it's fine, then you go.

Nah. Peeps have to be protected from themselves sometimes. It's like if you feel like slitting your wrists, someone else should try to stop you. (And to any objection that walking to a fitba match and feeling suicidal have nothing in common, I give you ... the PBS.)

HibeeEmma
11-01-2010, 11:57 AM

When will global warming end? :duck:

Leithenhibby
11-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Did the Edinburgh City game escape the big freeze? pitch inspection today at 1 o'clock.
Can't see anything about this...

Barney McGrew
11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Livingston v Dundee and Albion v Stirling also now cancelled

Steve20
11-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Did the Edinburgh City game escape the big freeze? pitch inspection today at 1 o'clock.
Can't see anything about this...

I will be stunned if it passes the inspection.

Leithenhibby
11-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I will be stunned if it passes the inspection.

How funny would that be though....:greengrin

mjhibby
11-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm quite glad that this game has been cancelled again, potentially now it will be played on a better pitch and in better conditions. Plus the added fact that Bamba will be back (unless sold) and the transfer window might bring us another 2/3 players.

If ivory coast reach the final(sun 31st jan) then its unlikely sol will be playing 2 or 3 days later.The quarters are on the monday and i would think thats the minimum they would get through to so the earlist he will be back will be the hamilton game on the 30th.Semi finals are on thursday before the St mirren game and if ivory coast get through to that then i doubt sol would make the game on the saturday.
Im glad the game has been postponed as it gives the guys time to recover from injuries/niggles etc and also id rather play it before the next cup tie than after the arabs game away.i suppose we have got lucky in that respect and also of course any new signings will be available and bedded into the team by the2/3rd february.Its all a hobo conspiracy along with the draw of course.:faf:

AugustaHibs
11-01-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/st-johnstone-match-postponed-20100111_2262950_1928692

erin go bragh
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Good. The only midweek games which should be scheduled at this time of year are cup ties.
agree 100%. its cold enough on a sat afternoon but midweek games will be baltic to say the least:grr:

Joe Baker II
12-01-2010, 10:17 AM
agree 100%. its cold enough on a sat afternoon but midweek games will be baltic to say the least:grr:

You have to question the mentality of clubs scheduling midweek games at this time of year given their will be plenty of mid week dates (plus some free cup weekends once SPL clubs start to fall - though not us!) available in the geenrally better weather and financial conditions in Feb/March.

And unfair to pass buck and blame SPL rather than clubs - given Petrie on its committee.

Also Scottish Cup used to start in late January for bigger clubs - see no logic in bringing it forward to early January so more disruption created by clubs stupidity.