PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh City v Montrose - at ER?

Toaods
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Meadowbank could be unplayable for the next 3 months at this rate, so as it would be in our favour to see the tie concluded as soon as possible and assuming it is permissible under the current rules of the competition...

H18sry
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=171351&page=4 post 159 :devil:

Toaods
10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=171351&page=4 post 159 :devil:

hadn't even viewed that thread but great minds and all that...:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Option 3 - let them play at the PBS, to give the Gorgie masses a taste of the big cup this season

:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Meadowbank could be unplayable for the next 3 months at this rate, so as it would be in our favour to see the tie concluded as soon as possible and assuming it is permissible under the current rules of the competition...

With the level of interest in this tie and to make room for all the Yams it should be played at Murrayfield.

Jamesie
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Aren't we getting above ourselves a wee bit here? Granted, many of the City players may well be Hibbys and want to play at Easter Road, but what's to say City overall will want to move the game and lose home advantage?

Given the thaw we've had today, if this continues I'd expect Meadowbank to be playable by Wednesday.

J-C
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Option 3 - let them play at the PBS, to give the Gorgie masses a taste of the big cup this season

:greengrin

What and give them a few extra quid in their coffers, no ta.

Let them use ER and as stated allow us in for a nominal charge, gives the 2 smallers teams a wee bit much needed cash and also means the tie gets played without any delay to ourselves for the next round.

Ritchie
10-01-2010, 05:17 PM
have you seen the nick of the pitch at the moment.... last thing we need is extra game IMO

Hibby Kay-Yay
10-01-2010, 05:20 PM
I voted no as it looks as though ER could do with less games played on at as possible. It was cutting up pretty bad yesterday. At the end of the day they should sort themselves out rather than us stepping in, I mean, why let them get a game on ER? That would just let them get used to the pitch for the next round :cool2: and I would prefer we had as much as an advantage as possible...it is that cup after all :agree:

col02
10-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Chances are that the pitch at Meadowbank beneath the snow will be in better condition than the pitch at ER and even if not can ER really sustain an extra match on the current pitch?

Baw187
10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
have you seen the nick of the pitch at the moment.... last thing we need is extra game IMO

I voted no as it looks as though ER could do with less games played on at as possible. It was cutting up pretty bad yesterday.

:agree: Gie the groundsmen a couple of weeks to try and get the pitch sorted. Didn't help us at all yesterday.

Aside from that, it's ***** all to do with us.

Toaods
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Aren't we getting above ourselves a wee bit here? Granted, many of the City players may well be Hibbys and want to play at Easter Road, but what's to say City overall will want to move the game and lose home advantage?

Given the thaw we've had today, if this continues I'd expect Meadowbank to be playable by Wednesday.

that's why I said 'offer'....:wink:

I don't think it will matter if they are Hibbys or not, but as a non-league club they may prefer to make use of the better facilities and I'm sure the prospect of possibly an extra 1500 or so at the game would be more than welcomed by the club secretary

O'Rourke3
10-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I know one of the guys who run EC. They'll keep to Meadowbank as they'll make more money :agree:

Toaods
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I know one of the guys who run EC. They'll keep to Meadowbank as they'll make more money :agree:

Any idea what it costs them to rent Meadowbank for a home game?

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 05:49 PM
No, no, no. Let them sort out their own arrangements as our pitch is green but not a lot else.

Thought that the run of the ball was shocking yesterday and we don't need the headache that comes with too many games being played...

The ER surface looked very soft and although the game did go ahead, I felt the it was very bob-lay in pleases..Not conducive to our silky footie..:wink:

Rant over.....Stupid idea...:devil: :wink:

Toaods
10-01-2010, 07:30 PM
The ER surface looked very soft and although the game did go ahead, I felt the it was very bob-lay in pleases..Not conducive to our silky footie..:wink:

Rant over.....Stupid idea...:devil: :wink:

it's all hypothetical but I would agree that in places the pitch was bobbly in places (:wink:) although no point in paying a fortune to a company for pitch maintainence if they are not capable of perform their duties.

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
it's all hypothetical but I would agree that in places the pitch was bobbly in places (:wink:) although no point in paying a fortune to a company for pitch maintainence if they are not capable of perform their duties.

In my defence , I do have man flu you know, and I couldn't be arsed changing it..honest Sir..:greengrin

MeAndMyBoys
10-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Was speaking to someone in the know the other week.. and it would appear that the East side of the pitch is holding water and requires the drainage re-visited... However this will not happen until the work on the East Stand is started (apologies if this is a well kent fact)... so it may be that the pitch will continue to cut up till that happens... end of the season me thinks.

Toaods
10-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Was speaking to someone in the know the other week.. and it would appear that the East side of the pitch is holding water and requires the drainage re-visited... However this will not happen until the work on the East Stand is started (apologies if this is a well kent fact)... so it may be that the pitch will continue to cut up till that happens... end of the season me thinks.

...maybe caused inpart by ludicrous over-watering prior to games early in the season when there appeared to be no requirement to do so(ie had been raining for 24 hrs or so prior to KO)?

Toaods
11-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Any idea what it costs them to rent Meadowbank for a home game?

bump.

Ritchie
11-01-2010, 11:43 AM
...maybe caused inpart by ludicrous over-watering prior to games early in the season when there appeared to be no requirement to do so(ie had been raining for 24 hrs or so prior to KO)?

that was pure madness. :bitchy:

there was absolutely no need for that at all....