PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Remember Some Reserve League Cup Final At ER v Celtc Around 1985?

smurf
10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Played on a lovely summers evening. Pitch invasions and running battles on the pitch with no stewards or polis. 999 call later before it got sorted out in front of a reasonable crowd of around 3000.

I was a wee laddie. Did i dream this?

tony higgins
10-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Played on a lovely summers evening. Pitch invasions and running battles on the pitch with no stewards or polis. 999 call later before it got sorted out in front of a reasonable crowd of around 3000.

Strange one alright, the casual scene had not long started and they ended up running on to the park behind the goal when only the stand was open.
Have no memory of the game other than that.

Scorrie
10-01-2010, 04:52 PM
You didnt dream this. Me and my brother where there and funnily enough, were talking about this last week. Some Celtc fan was chased onto the pitch from the old East stand by a crowd of Hibs casuals whilst the game was still going on. The players looked very puzzled...

Seem to remember it finished 3 or 4 - 1 to Celtc but could be wrong

Gala Foxes
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I remember all supporters were in old Main Stand and there was a pitch invasion at the end - seem to remember a casual picking up one of the corner flags and using waving it about - ended in chaos, think we got gubbed

Greenblood70
10-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I do indeed remember it...bottles flying about the stand at one point and a couple of Celtic fans chased accross the pitch as well. WAs a very dicey atmosphere in the old main stand IIRC.

Seem to mind being impressed by a young Mickey Weir in that game and a couple of the Hibs boys showed a fair turn of pace chasing down the Celic fan!!

Crab apple
10-01-2010, 08:20 PM
And flying pies IIRC.

PaulSmith
10-01-2010, 08:28 PM

No, I went on the old Edinburgh West bus to the game with my old man, I'm sure it was a two legged affair.

Mental!

RigRoars
10-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I was there in the old main stand...and oan the pitch :tsk tsk:

1875 NO 1
10-01-2010, 09:05 PM

it happened, i was on pitch. was in the old north stand. smelly weedgies thought they were smart. Boy ran down the steps from the north stand, along front of cow shed, along the front of terracing then cut across the pitch at the half way line. By that time the old bill arrived to rescue him.

There was trouble at the 1st leg. And Callum Milne got sent off for sorting out John Coloughon

Killiehibbie
10-01-2010, 09:59 PM

No security at all when the game started. A bigger than expected crowd with a few buses of soapdodgers through for the game. I had to hit a couple of them,I swear I was only only defending myself your honour, at the pie hut before the game had even started and scuffles broke out all night.

London Hibee
10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I seem to remember a young John Collins and an old Erich Schaedler playing for Hibs Reserves that night