PDA

View Full Version : Antoine-Courier

down the slope
10-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Playing well today for Hamilton, i think we should have kept him as he holds the ball up well and is much more mobile than Nish.

JoeT
10-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Nish has scored 50 odd premier league goals

Petrie's Tache
10-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Playing well today for Hamilton, i think we should have kept him as he holds the ball up well and is much more mobile than Nish.

Was thinking the same.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2010, 12:31 PM
MAC is better than big Lillian Gish :agree:

Thecat23
10-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Nish has scored 50 odd premier league goals

True mate, but he's also played in the spl alot longer! I don't think Nish is bad but i do think AC is a better player, just my opinion tho!

Barney McGrew
10-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Six goals this season.

That's more than Kevin Kyle has managed, and there's plenty on here who want us to sign him.

Hibernian Verse
10-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Six goals this season.

That's more than Kevin Kyle has managed, and there's plenty on here who want us to sign him.

We're not going to so people can stop that now :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Six goals this season.

It's not just about his goals though, MAC's overall play today has been excellent. He's been chasing lost causes, holding the ball up and helping out at set pieces.

We have plenty other people to score goals in our team, but not many players who can hold the ball up front. MAC would be perfect for that role.

Bob Box Fish
10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
MAC has a better touch than Nish and looks much better all round really. He was good when we first signed him then list his confidence before dropping down the pecking order. I've seen a few Hamilton games / highlights this season and he has looked really good in the majority of the games.

Austinho
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Six goals this season.

That's more than Kevin Kyle has managed, and there's plenty on here who want us to sign him.No it isn't. Kyle has scored 7.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Six goals this season.

KK has 7 - and won't be at ER next season thankfully

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
10-01-2010, 12:46 PM
How many chances is Nish going to get from Yogi? The guy is mince. Anyway, MAC is better.

Scooter
10-01-2010, 12:51 PM
All 3 are mince. I was glad when MAC left he's still not good enough. Been lucky with his goals

horseflesh
10-01-2010, 12:55 PM

MAC is KAK

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Lot of folk missing the point here I think. When we had MAC I doubt he'd have been on big money, and he offered us a big physical presence to hold the ball up that we didn't (and still dont...) have for the type of games that a manager would like that option.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Why does another anti Nish thread have to appear??:confused:

Landells
10-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I always liked MAC big loss imo:boo hoo:

Hamish
10-01-2010, 01:44 PM
He led the line very well today. 90% of balls up to him were controlled or laid off to a teammate.

duncs
10-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I think he's a good player but his attitude is questionable - he's been through more clubs than an obese family.

500miles
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
It wasn't the right time for Curier. He needed to go somewhere to get his confidence sky-high, spend a good year there, and develop as a player - particularly his touch, and awareness.

We needed someone who we could rely on, as a proven SPL forward, because we were going downhill at an alarming rate. Now our needs have changed, and Curier could be exactly the player "in that Garry O'Connor mould" who could do that. I think him and Stokes would be an excellent partnership, and not only Nish, but Riordan would be sweating too, as we would play a traditional 4-4-2.

Mikey_1875
10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I think we are short of a headless chicken type forward at the club. he is a bit like kenny miller will score a few goals and run all day. would have complemented stokes really well.

Jim44
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Tock-tick, Tock-Tick, Tock-Tick........................get over it. MAC's a bit player in a bog-standard SPL team and is not Hibs Class. The grass isn't always greener, you know! :greengrin

(((Fergus)))
10-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I think he's only on loan at Accies and has fallen out with Jocky Scott...

offshorehibby
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
If he's that good he'd still be at Hibs or down in the Championship.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-01-2010, 05:33 PM
the guy tried his heart out for Hibs and unlike most players he never took playing for Hibs for granted, He was unfairly booted from Hibs and i wish him well for the future

basehibby
10-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I am inclined to think the exit of A-C was a case of the baby chucked out with the bathwater after the departure of Collins.

I always thought he worked his socks off in the games he played for Hibs and displayed that canny striker's ability of being in the right place at the right time - resultantly his scoring record at Hibs was pretty good - about 1 every 180mins IIRC - and he has subsequently proved that this was no flash in the pan.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I think he's only on loan at Accies and has fallen out with Jocky Scott...

Trouble in dressing room :wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2010, 07:54 PM
MAC is playing for Hamilton cos he can't get a game for Dundee who are one league below us. Just saying that he is better than Nish, is a self-defeating arguement. Would only prove that neither of them is good enough for Hibs. :bitchy:

Love the Green
10-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Why does another anti Nish thread have to appear??:confused:

Cos quite frankly he is terrible,,chance after chance to perform and he cant do it.....nobody likes slagging off hibs players especially hibs fans but he has been murder since he came about 5 decent performances....we need a physical prescence up front anhe does not have that attribute,,,

"keep the faith":wink:

Dunbar Hibee
10-01-2010, 08:29 PM
:hilarious
Cos quite frankly he is terrible,,chance after chance to perform and he cant do it.....nobody likes slagging off hibs players especially hibs fans but he has been murder since he came about 5 decent performances....we need a physical prescence up front anhe does not have that attribute,,,

:hilarious

Oranje39
10-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I cannae be doing with Nish any longer! Punt him instead of Benji!

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2010, 01:34 PM

He had been one of our better players in the previous 6 games, prior to him being dropped for the derby......

Still don't let that spoil your view....

jacomo
11-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I cannae be doing with Nish any longer! Punt him instead of Benji!

Punt everybody!

If we can't find any players who are Hibs class, let's just not play any more matches until we do.

:wink:

(((Fergus)))
11-01-2010, 04:22 PM
MAC is playing for Hamilton cos he can't get a game for Dundee who are one league below us. Just saying that he is better than Nish, is a self-defeating arguement. Would only prove that neither of them is good enough for Hibs. :bitchy:

You mean he is playing for a team in our league - who have beaten us this season - because he can't get a game for a team one league below us? :confused:

eezyrider
11-01-2010, 04:32 PM

He scored 22 goals for Dundee in 33 games so whatever reason he is on loan it's not because he's not putting in the performances for Dundee.

EZ

Hakim Sar
11-01-2010, 04:53 PM
All 3 are mince. I was glad when MAC left he's still not good enough. Been lucky with his goals

I agree he isn't good enough, headless chicken and the only redeeming feature was his work rate and aggression - tailor made for bottom 6 teams.

I think it's just nostalgia wanting MAC back - he's doing fine at accies but I think you have to be a bit more ambitious than going for bargain basement guys like this. would rather a young acadamy player get a game than his sort. All he has done is score a few goals in a poor spl

heretoday
11-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I think Nish is worth hanging onto.

Graham Law
11-01-2010, 05:06 PM
He had been one of our better players in the previous 6 games, prior to him being dropped for the derby......

Still don't let that spoil your view....

Exactly - Nish was outstanding in the month of December for us and the deeper role really was suiting him. I was sitting at the match with Jamie Hamill on Saturday and he was commenting on how Nishy often played that deeper role for Killie and was key in the small success they enjoyed during that time.

I honestly believe the big guy gets a right hard time from the Hibs fans - ok he has his faults - as does every player at ER - but the guy without doubt has ability.

I am not going to say "oh he is a hibby and gives 100%" as that is not enough. But Nishy (in my opinion) has genuine talent and that with the fact he is Hibernian to the core amazes me at the stick the big man takes on here.

I would take Nish over Benji in a heart beat - and to replace him with Curier as a few are suggesting is nothing short of :faf:

Gus Fring
11-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Another redeeming feature is that nish isnt one of these mythical "confidence players" he doesnt let the fans get him down and he always puts in a decent shift. I canny put my finger on it but whilst hes not the best to watch theres something good about him. Everything about his playing style and size and fitness screams that he should be pants, but somehow he isnt. Anyone agree?

sahib
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I liked the look of Courier when he was at Hibs and I don’t think he got a fair crack at things. Was he Hibs class? Well, having witnessed the likes of Gary Murray, Willie Jamieson and many other geezers that have come and gone, disguised as centre forwards, then yes.
Is he better than Nish? In the role of a target man I would say possibly. I think he was better than Killen in that role, though. To sum up he is o.k. I don't lie awake crying into my pillow at his departure but he is a player who could done a job for us.