PDA

View Full Version : Yams The Yams - A Glimpse Into The Future

Mikey
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM
The yams had a wee peek into the crystal ball yesterday and they didn't like what they saw. The mist cleared and they were presented with a team devoid of their big earners. You know, the ones they can't afford and will leave when their contracts expire. Unless they're sold beforehand of course!

There was no Goncalves. No Wallace. No Driver. No Palazuelos.

Instead they had Cinikas. Suso. Black. Bouzid. A sprinkling of youth players straight from the (self proclaimed) best youth development policy in scotland (FACT).

They'll still tell us that their penalty shoot out win over Gretna in 2006 was worth it though.

Sergey
10-01-2010, 11:56 AM
These were the player ratings by some poor soul who made the 300 odd mile round trip.

Kello 8 - great save in the first half, comfortable on cross balls, no chance for goals.

Cinikas 4 - poor
Zaliukas 5 - average
Bouzid 4 - poor
Visconte 6.5 - comfortable and composed, a couple of good runs forward, one or two good crosses (some poor corners) and defended quite well too despite being out of position.

Suso 4 - poor
Stewart 4 - barely involved
Jonsson 5 - tried hard and put in some tackles, barely got on the ball
Black 4 - out of position, didn't do much, probably could have scored if he'd connected with a cross-ball

Robinson 6 - worked hard
Smith 5 - had a tough job trying to do something with the constant hoofing from the back

Nade 6 - livened things up, ran at goal and had a couple of decent efforts, had to play far too deep
Templeton NR - don't think he touched the ball
Obua NR - no time

bighairyfaeleith
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Aye, they all want casba sacked now and honestly believe that if they will be able to replace with a good manager rather than some absolute nobody from lithuania. :monkey:

Hibbyradge
10-01-2010, 12:27 PM
The yams had a wee peek into the crystal ball yesterday and they didn't like what they saw. The mist cleared and they were presented with a team devoid of their big earners. You know, the ones they can't afford and will leave when their contracts expire. Unless they're sold beforehand of course!

There was no Goncalves. No Wallace. No Driver. No Palazuelos.

Instead they had Cinikas. Suso. Black. Bouzid. A sprinkling of youth players straight from the (self proclaimed) best youth development policy in scotland (FACT).

They'll still tell us that their penalty shoot out win over Gretna in 2006 was worth it though.

Why did they play that side?

EasterRoad4Ever
10-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Wasn't the bit surprised the Yams got beat yesterday. They're a crap, low motivated side who have been lucking it over the last few games and punched above their weight when they stole a point at ER. Stewart is the player who holds that mob together and he can't get up for more than 2 or 3 games in a row.

Now that the only thing they have left to their season is to hope that Hibs don't destroy their dull lives by winning the SC :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Do we have to have yet another thread putting the boot into the sinking vessel that is the HOMFC?

It's getting rather tiresome.

I could join in the party and attack this utterly damned and totally abominable institution, and the deluded oafs who follow them in dwindling numbers watching their pathetic attempts to try and a) pass the ball b) find the net, and deride their staffroom and fanbase as a nest of paedophilles, but I'm going ot show a little more class and refrain from jumping on that particular bandwagon.

I'll concentrate on the affairs on my own club, thank you very much. After all this is a HIBS messageboard. I look forward to the 4th round draw for the Actiive Nation Scottish Cup.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
These were the player ratings by some poor soul who made the 300 odd mile round trip.

Ah lovely to see Mikey maintaining his high standards.

I can imagine him in 20 years time at a Karaoke singing "Give me one moment in time..." (a Whiny version of Whitney's classic) with a slow-mo of his volley against Aberdeen for us (4-1).

magpie1892
10-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Do we have to have yet another thread putting the boot into the sinking vessel that is the HOMFC?

It's getting rather tiresome.

I could join in the party and attack this utterly damned and totally abominable institution, and the deluded oafs who follow them in dwindling numbers watching their pathetic attempts to try and a) pass the ball b) find the net, and deride their staffroom and fanbase as a nest of paedophilles, but I'm going ot show a little more class and refrain from jumping on that particular bandwagon.

I'll concentrate on the affairs on my own club, thank you very much. After all this is a HIBS messageboard. I look forward to the 4th round draw for the Actiive Nation Scottish Cup.

Or the fifth round, even.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Why did they play that side?

Palazuelos would've been suspended. The other 3 wouldn't want to get cup-tied in case Rangers, Celtic or Hibs :wink: try and buy one later this month.

IWasThere2016
10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I love Vlad! :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Or the fifth round, even.

Oh, I was talking about next season's SC. After all, this is meant to be a futuristic thread.

I'm looking forward to Gary Mackay going back in his trusty DeLorean to the time before Vlad was installed and telling Seve Cardownie and Fatty it was all a big mistake.

CropleyWasGod
10-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Oh, I was talking about next season's SC. After all, this is meant to be a futuristic thread.

I'm looking forward to Gary Mackay going back in his trusty DeLorean to the time before Vlad was installed and telling Seve Cardownie and Fatty it was all a big mistake.

Is the party for us winning the 2010 Cup still going on? :greengrin

crewetollhibee
10-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Wasn't the bit surprised the Yams got beat yesterday. They're a crap, low motivated side who have been lucking it over the last few games and punched above their weight when they stole a point at ER. Stewart is the player who holds that mob together and he can't get up for more than 2 or 3 games in a row.

Now that the only thing they have left to their season is to hope that Hibs don't destroy their dull lives by winning the SC :greengrin
TBH I would,like every Hibby, just love us to win the Scottish Cup; for our own pleasure as much as to stick it right up that shower. However if we fall short again, we can take some consolation from the fact that we would have brought a little ray of sunshine to their utterly miserable existence. Because that's what it is, an existence. :wink:

HibbyAndy
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Hearts and there pathetic excuse for the term 'supporters' have made there bed, and the can f****ng well lye in it.

Its a downward spiral for that mob, no prospects and no future.

YOU welcomed Romanov on board, its YOUR fault your club will die a slow painfull death, and i for one will revel in the fact your pishy team will become even more pishness.

Deluded believers the lot of them.

GTF Hearts, the sooner the better as far as im concerned you ugly pathetic excuse for a club.

Dibben
10-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Hearts and there pathetic excuse for the term 'supporters' have made there bed, and the can f****ng well lye in it.

YOU welcomed Romanov on board, its YOUR fault your club will die a slow painfull death, and i for one will revel in the fact your pishy team will become even more pishness.

GTF Hearts, the sooner the better as far as im concerned you ugly pathetic excuse for a club.

:agree: :top marks

BH.

MSK
10-01-2010, 04:30 PM

GTF Hearts, the sooner the better as far as im concerned you ugly pathetic excuse for a club.Something about your post tells me you ever so slightly dislike the yams ...:hmmm:

:greengrin

Jim44
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I've never seen Shabby look more dejected or impassionate as he did on the touchline at Sheepodrie. I don't see him lasting much longer, unfortunately, as his stock must be running pretty low and his lifeline out of Tynie must be fraying at the edges.:greengrin

Kaiser_Sauzee
10-01-2010, 04:40 PM
If HOMFC were a Dog, it would have been put to sleep many months ago.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 04:44 PM

Stop sitting on the fence, Andy. Spit it out: you're trying to say it's not looking rosy for them?

Saorsa
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM

GTF Hearts, the sooner the better as far as im concerned you ugly pathetic excuse for a club.:hilarious

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:top marks

Hibby70
10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
If HOMFC were a Dog, it would have been put to sleep many months ago.

A small brown 5hitzu

One Day Soon
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
car* they would be a Rover - out of date, impossible to repair, no long term future, lacking in originality or style and beloved of the those who wish they amounted to something more in life than posing nonentities.

*With due credit to Kaiser Sauzee and his "if HOMFC were a dog" observation on another thread.

joe breezy
10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
AFC Wimbledon / FC United of Manchester

This is the future for Hearts. Closed down within 3 years but the fans will start their own East of Scotland / junior team.

They will be back in the First Division in about 10-15 years maybe

McD
10-01-2010, 04:57 PM

Up until the piemans departure, I would have said not total demise, but just a bit of tough times for the yams, but now, after hearing all their "big team - wee team", superiority complex, too-big-for-their-boots, and overall arrogance, I will quite cheerfully go along and laugh when the bulldozers raze the busstop to the ground, whilst the 400,000 weep tears before getting their rangers tops back on.

All the **** that theyve thrown at us and other teams, you reap what you sow, and I seriously doubt theres any non-jambo in the country that will feel any sadness for them.

:bye:

McD
10-01-2010, 05:00 PM
car* they would be a Rover - out of date, impossible to repair, no long term future, lacking in originality or style and beloved of the those who wish they amounted to something more in life than posing nonentities.

*With due credit to Kaiser Sauzee and his "if HOMFC were a dog" observation on another thread.

I'd say they were a Lada - all of the above description, coupled with being of eastern european origins :wink:

.Sean.
10-01-2010, 05:03 PM
If they were to be compared to a vehicle, Hearts are Del Boy's three-wheeler :greengrin

Dirty, fu**ed and no chance of repair.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-01-2010, 05:08 PM
If they were a vehicle, they'd be my avatar.

Manky, outdated, lacking class, no style or redeeming features whatsoever yet still capable of carrying 11 passengers every Saturday.

****** the Jambos and everything they stand for....which is admittedly very little these days.

In short, HoMFC make me laugh. A lot.

MSK
10-01-2010, 05:16 PM
If yams were a car they would be an old rust bucket, nae engine, gutless ..soulless & ugly as **** tae boot !!!..... 5346

bobbyhibs1983
10-01-2010, 05:29 PM
The yams had a wee peek into the crystal ball yesterday.
Am I the only person who is wondering where the crstal ball has come from?

and sean, you mention del boys 3 wheel van, whilst comparing that to heartz,I mean one is a dirty yellow thing witch has no future, the other is 100 worse.

one has class, the other are a clueless bunch of heartz jokers

iwasthere1972
10-01-2010, 05:34 PM
If Hearts were a vehicle it would be on loan with no tax and insurance. It would have been delivered with wheels intact which have since fallen off.

One previous owner who used it to deliver pies to the under priviledged in Gorgie.

END OF.

Sergey
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Vlad's preferred mode of transport.

http://www.hibs.net/message/picture.php?albumid=20&pictureid=160

Jim44
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Hilarious. They're discussing the merits of their new manager (elect?)...........Jim Gannon!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

iwasthere1972
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Hilarious. They're discussing the merits of their new manager (elect?)...........Jim Gannon!!!!!!!!!!:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Can you copy and paste. I'm no longer welcome on Kickback. :greengrin

Ta.

Diclonius
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Jim Gannon's not too bad, he just falls out with everyone.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 05:46 PM
If there's one man who can work with Vlad to take this SFA conspiracy paranoia one stage further, it's Gannon.

lapsedhibee
10-01-2010, 05:48 PM
These were the player ratings by some poor soul who made the 300 odd mile round trip ...

Black 4 - out of position, didn't do much, probably could have scored if he'd connected with a cross-ball

It's the level of confidence that the yams have in the quality of their stars that makes every pore of my cringe ooze with jealousy. There's a player, for example, who, if he had the ball, might, perhaps, have done something useful with it.

Jim44
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
A few snippits :

"Proven to give youth a chance and not use them to suit his agenda, very supportive of young players and seems like someone the fans would warm to. Cant see him getting on with Vlad however but who does?

Wishful thinking i know but he is available and our manager is an erse!"

"Has Csaba been sacked?"

"Encourages passing football and likes to have a go.
Would never work with our 4-5-1 for all events.
He also would walk within 5 days of taking up the job."

"Yip. Had a good first round of games but then the others worked him out. His temperament left a bit to be desired. If he couldnt cope with being under pressure at Motherwell he would curl up and die here. Conducted himself in an undignified manner to boot."

Sorry, Jim, it looks like you're bombed out, even before you've plucked up the courage to apply to Vlad for the forthcoming vacant position.

Mikey
10-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I've never seen Shabby look more dejected or impassionate as he did on the touchline at Sheepodrie. I don't see him lasting much longer, unfortunately, as his stock must be running pretty low and his lifeline out of Tynie must be fraying at the edges.:greengrin

There's no danger he's leaving this season. Hearts can't afford to sack him and he won't resign. He'll run down his contract and leave in the summer.

Which means we're guaranteed more summertime hilarity as they search for a new manager :greengrin There's no way they'll get a proper manager.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
There's no danger he's leaving this season. Hearts can't afford to sack him and he won't resign. He'll run down his contract and leave in the summer.

Which means we're guaranteed more summertime hilarity as they search for a new manager :greengrin There's no way they'll get a proper manager.

Let's hope Vlad's shareholders sort all that out by asking for their 17mill in Feb.

iwasthere1972
10-01-2010, 07:18 PM

Hasn't stopped them in the past when they got rid of Burley, Rix and all the other clowns who have been masquerading as managers in Gorgie.

Houchy
10-01-2010, 07:53 PM
If they were to be compared to a vehicle, Hearts are Del Boy's three-wheeler :greengrin

Dirty, fu**ed and no chance of repair.

AND... totally unstable:agree::wink: