PDA

View Full Version : Eddie May/ Darren Barr

keep the faith
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I honestly dont get Eddie May.

He is in the article slagging off Hibs for not offering Barr enough money. (Its on the Sunday Mail website, so its of course taken with a pinch)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/10/eddie-may-hibs-and-aberdeen-s-efforts-to-land-darren-barr-a-disgrace-86908-21955932/

I would agree that McGhee, as usual, has been a bit vocal about Barr and his offering of loan deals to get him but we have acted pretty well I think.
Yogi has only ever said he rates him and would like him at ER. Fair enough

Whats it got to do with May if we cant agree personal terms with Barr?? He is acting under freedom of contract and terms are something between the player and potential club. A fee to get him early would of course involve Falkirk, but nothing else.

For a young manager you would expect to be positive and vibrant, May has been so negative about so many other teams and managers this season, which is a real shame. Season one for him and he has come out like Tommy McLean in a crew cut!

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2010, 10:07 AM

He is in the article slagging off Hibs for not offering Barr enough money. (Its on the Sunday Mail website, so its of course taken with a pinch)

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/10/eddie-may-hibs-and-aberdeen-s-efforts-to-land-darren-barr-a-disgrace-86908-21955932/

I would agree that McGhee, as usual, has been a bit vocal about Barr and his offering of loan deals to get him but we have acted pretty well I think.

Whats it got to do with May if we cant agree personal terms with Barr?? He is acting under freedom of contract and terms are something between the player and potential club. A fee to get him early would of course involve Falkirk, but nothing else.

For a young manager you would expect to be positive and vibrant, May has been so negative about so many other teams and managers this season, which is a real shame. Season one for him and he has come out like Tommy McLean in a crew cut!

He does come accross as a bitter wee man.....

Maybe he should just concentrate on trying to save the Bairns from being relegated...........:confused:

Si_17
10-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Eddie May's a cock.:agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
10-01-2010, 10:10 AM

I agree, he comes across as a bitter little man with chips on his shoulders. If he is talking about personal terms we've offered Barr, then agree, this has simply nothing to do with May. IMO Hibs are one of the better clubs when it comes to playing by the spirit and rule of the transfer system, so all the more disappointing that May is so bitter and does so much of his moaning in the press.

Look forward to May coming back to ER :wink:

Dibben
10-01-2010, 10:36 AM
"Then to offer me fringe players in exchange for a few months is a disgrace.

"If they're not good enough to get a game for Aberdeen or Hibs they're not good enough for us.

Aye, very good Eddie...

Look forward to May coming back to ER :wink:

Won't be this season, and chances are it'll have to be in a cup game against Falkirk as they'll be in the First Division next season!

BH.

Steve20
10-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Eddie May talks nonsense all the time. I fully expect him to be sacked from Falkirk before the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Petrie's Tache
10-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Eddie May talks nonsense all the time. I fully expect him to be sacked from Falkirk before the end of the season.

Agreed:agree:

Sent from my living room using fingers.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Sad seeing Eduardo coming over so bitter. Of course, part of it is a pose to talk up interest in his asset, but he does genuinely seem to have become sour and truculent since moving into management.

He needs to listen to Zen Master Bobby here and relax, Eduardo...relaxxxxx.......

Woody1985
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I've not read the article but he's got a cheek to slag anyone off when his own club couldn't match our offer, not that he'd stay anyway.

Hope he gets sacked, would like him to get relegated. Used to quite like Falkirk when yogi was there and was impressed by some of their play when we had them at ER this season. I don't think they deserve to be down there but it's the results that count.

Hamish
10-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Eddie May's a cock.:agree:

He hinted.

18Craig75
10-01-2010, 11:17 AM
What a fud! As far as I remember, Yogi hasn't directly spoke about wanting to sign Barr in the press, unless he's been asked the question, which he has then just wheeled out the standard response to 'We admire Darren, we'll see'.

It has been May & the agent doing all the talking!

Just tell Barr to bolt and let him know who's fault it is, I'm sure there are other centre half's out there better than Barr!

johnrebus
10-01-2010, 11:20 AM
I think we should club together and send some Valium to poor old Eddie.

He really should try relax and calm down.

:agree:

machibby
10-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Don't really understand May's argument here - he states hibs and dons are only desperate to sign Barr now as they realise they would have no chance in the summer. But if he's available to sign pre-contract with anyone now then why would all these other clubs be waiting until summer. In addition the first confirmed report I heard about our interest in Barr came from.... May. I wonder if that larger offer that Falkirk made to Barr was the first offer they made. Doubt it somehow. As a teenager I always really liked May as a hibs player, but he's sounding a tad bitter and under pressure lately.

CorrieHibs
10-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Who does Barr think he is anyway personally don't think he's any better than we've got at centre back. He's not exactly got loads of offers on the table. Eddie may is just pi**ed that always being on yogi's shadow.

sambajustice
10-01-2010, 12:31 PM

:top marks :faf:

Very sharp for a Sunday morning! :greengrin

Jim44
10-01-2010, 12:33 PM
May's an idiot and gives too much information. But I wouldn't be too quick to defend Hughes and Hib's dealings in this issue. "Yogi has only ever said he rates him and would like him at ER." Well that's what we've heard on the surface. I'm sure there's a lot of tentative wheeling and dealing going on in the background and it would appear that Mays can't help himself bleating about it. For me. it's a bit academic and amusing as I don't really rate Barr and could take him or leave him.

Steve20
10-01-2010, 12:51 PM

Leith Green
10-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Reading between the lines, it looks to me as though May is trying to pull Darren Barrs strings into not deciding anything until the summer ... Probably so Barr remains focused on Falkirk and will be 100 per cent every week to win a better move..
Eddie May has repeatedly been going like a broken record about this!

The guy is a complete toss pot and comes accross as a silly wee boy, seems to have a strong disliking for Hibs, which I find strange..

Hibs On Tour
10-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Quality! :faf:

.Sean.
10-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Eddie May is a jelous, bitter wee man.

Twat :agree:

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 05:16 PM

:hilarious:hilarious:thumbsup:

McD
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Eddie May is a jelous, bitter wee man.

Twat :agree:

Yep. Just remembering back to last summer, when he came out with all his billy big-baws talk abt how he wouldnt be putting up with any of the crap that yogi did, the players wouldnt be slacking on his watch, and he'd be clearing out the club and picking his players.....

So, several months later, Falkirk are still at the bottom of the league, playing generally pish, and the bulk of the players selected were signed by hughes. And, I think steve lovell is still taking legal advice regarding the slackers interview from may, and coz he had a 2 yr deal which may and the chairman told him to bolt when it came to this season (2nd yr).

Tit.

Petrie's Tache
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM

I'll be here all week!:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Right enough Eddie, I’m sure our fringe players wouldn’t get a game for Falkirk. Paddy Cregg’s just not good enough for your team! I bet Benji would be sitting on the bench as well.

Sounds like May’s desperate to get money for Barr and is trying to punt him now rather than let him go for free in the summer. If he’s not he should just keep his neb out of the laddies financial affairs!

Petrie's Tache
11-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Right enough Eddie, I’m sure our fringe players wouldn’t get a game for Falkirk. Paddy Cregg’s just not good enough for your team! I bet Benji would be sitting on the bench as well.

Sounds like May’s desperate to get money for Barr and is trying to punt him now rather than let him go for free in the summer. If he’s not he should just keep his neb out of the ladies financial affairs!

Barrs a bird?:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Barrs a bird?:confused:

No, he's definitely human.

aberhibsfc
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I think we should club together and send some Valium to poor old Eddie.

He really should try relax and calm down.

:agree:

The only thing I'd club together for him is some laxitives so it can come out the right hole.

He's trying to draw attention to Barr and drum up interest. Falkirk would rather get something now than Barr walk away for nothing.

Personally I wanted us to go for Barr last summer, I thought we would have snapped up him on a pre-contract by now. I think he could do a job for us but this side show is getting annoying now. Like Yogi says there's only one Hibs.

If Barr wants to be here he should sort himself and agent out.

Eddie May is a muppet, for some number of years, well since I remember him from his pre Brentford then Motherwell days, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I don't know if he left ER on amicable terms or not but he comes across as an ungracious little twonk. He can't even talk a good game.

He's like McGhee but being more fanny than funny.

Sent from my brain to my fingers on a Logitech keyboard at work.

Petrie's Tache
11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
No, he's definitely human.

Or is he a dancer?

Petrie's Tache
11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
The only thing I'd club together for him is some laxitives so it can come out the right hole.

He's trying to draw attention to Barr and drum up interest. Falkirk would rather get something now than Barr walk away for nothing.

Personally I wanted us to go for Barr last summer, I thought we would have snapped up him on a pre-contract by now. I think he could do a job for us but this side show is getting annoying now. Like Yogi says there's only one Hibs.

If Barr wants to be here he should sort himself and agent out.

Eddie May is a muppet, for some number of years, well since I remember him from his pre Brentford then Motherwell days, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I don't know if he left ER on amicable terms or not but he comes across as an ungracious little twonk. He can't even talk a good game.

He's like McGhee but being more fanny than funny.

OI:grr:

sleeping giant
11-01-2010, 12:09 PM
OI:grr:

Always one to kick the erse out of it eh :greengrin

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Shirley if you're going to go into this level of detail you might as well, at the end of your post, list all the keys that you hit, in the correct order?

Sent from my brain to my fingers on a Dell keyboard on a desk, using these characters: Shirley if you're going to go into this level of detail you might as well, at the end of your post, list all the keys that you hit, in the correct order?

MyJo
11-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Or is he a dancer?

his signs are vital :agree:

sent from deepest darkest fife using witchcraft

Isaac_Refvik
11-01-2010, 12:50 PM

I agree Too!

Sent fi ma work using their time.

aberhibsfc
11-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Shirley if you're going to go into this level of detail you might as well, at the end of your post, list all the keys that you hit, in the correct order?

Sent from my brain to my fingers on a Dell keyboard on a desk, using these characters: Shirley if you're going to go into this level of detail you might as well, at the end of your post, list all the keys that you hit, in the correct order?

You omitted the two returns.

TornadoHibby
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
his signs are vital :agree:

sent from deepest darkest fife using witchcraft

But are his hands cold? :wink: :dunno: :hmmm:

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 02:55 PM
You omitted the two returns.

:hmmm: A tricky one. No return keys were pressed in the original post, so not sure they should be recorded in the post-post statement. Comprehensive rewrite of the forum :rules: now required. Petrie! :grr:

mjhibby
11-01-2010, 04:38 PM

Sounds like May’s desperate to get money for Barr and is trying to punt him now rather than let him go for free in the summer. If he’s not he should just keep his neb out of the laddies financial affairs!

Yep sounds like he wa hoping hibs would pay £200,000 or such like to take him now but yogi told him where to go.The fact that barr hasnt gone anywhere suggests that he is still odds on to be at hibs in the summer and of course is out of contract although didnt falkirk bring him through their youth system so they might be entitled to some compensation.I think eddie is typical of rookie managers and like collins is trying to be the big guy when there are times when an arm round the shoulder is better and that only comes with experience.
The way he is going he could lose his job and struggle to get another as i think he got the job so falkirk could save money.Maybe reserve team/youths is his level or maybe he will end up beside tommy mcintyre and keith wright in developing the youths in scotland.I liked his attittude when he played for us and wish him the best but i wish someone at falkirk could have a quiet word with him as he is not doing himself any favours in the footballing community with his behaviour

.Sean.
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
He's on his knees... :agree:

Bayern Bru
11-01-2010, 06:14 PM
I see it as nothing more than May trying to force someone, be it the Sheep, us or an as yet unnamed third party into forking out for Barr now, rather than waiting until the summer or arranging a pre-contract - perhaps May doesn't want someone with half a mind on their big summer move playing for him.

Sent from the Fife ghetto by carrier pigeon

CRAZYHIBBY
11-01-2010, 06:37 PM
May does sound bitter and he is a complete cock, but hes right! put up or shut up:agree: