PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene bbc1

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Just started, thisle V utd the first game, so your game still to be shown.

James.
09-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Nice goal from Goodwillie there.
Those Partick strips are smart!

Pete
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Unlucky Thistle.

United should be thrown out the cup.

Cabbage East
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Unlucky Thistle.

United should be thrown out the cup.

Why?

Twa Cairpets
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Anyone know why were we wearing 1 - 11 today with no names but Dundee United were wearing their regular SPL names/numbers?

PapillonVert
09-01-2010, 11:06 PM

Nowt to do with this thread really, but I swear that (allowing for age-induced general decrepitude and all-round degeneration of one's physical and mental capabilities) I heard Jeff Spelling on Sky Sport this afternoon announcing that "GoodWILLIAM" had scored for DU!!

:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Why?

To clear the path for us!

Anyone know why were we wearing 1 - 11 today with no names but Dundee United were wearing their regular SPL names/numbers?

You don't have to wear your SPL jerseys in the Cup so I suppose it's down to personal choice - I think we wore 1-11 against Brechin in the LC this season as well.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 11:07 PM

To mark 100 yrs, that's the colours they used to wear.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM

Is this not always the case with lower league clubs?

Speedy
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Nowt to do with this thread really, but I swear that (allowing for age-induced general decrepitude and all-round degeneration of one's physical and mental capabilities) I heard Jeff Spelling on Sky Sport this afternoon announcing that "GoodWILLIAM" had scored for DU!!

:greengrin

Probably a joke

PapillonVert
09-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Scottish Cup is under aegis of SFA and not SPL presumably? Aren't the jersey nos. an SPL requirement?

Woody1985
09-01-2010, 11:10 PM
I assumed it was a gesture made by yogi/the club. I.e. we're all on a level playing field and not appearing as big time charlies with the names etc. I know that's not the case simply having your name.

Thought it was a nice touch, intentional or not.

Danderhall Hibs
Is this not always the case with lower league clubs?

We're no a lower league side mate. :wink:

PapillonVert
Probably a joke

Ah, yes, that would be very Jeff-esque, I must admit!

Sir David Gray
09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
You don't have to wear your SPL jerseys in the Cup so I suppose it's down to personal choice - I think we wore 1-11 against Brechin in the LC this season as well.

We did have the SPL logo on our numbers today though so it's not as if it was just a case of us having plain and simple numbers on today's shirts.

Twa Cairpets
09-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Who's the boy Visconte playing for the Yams? New one to me.

lapsedhibee
09-01-2010, 11:15 PM
How the **** did Cynicas stay on? :dunno:

James.
09-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Ah, yes, that would be very Jeff-esque, I must admit!

You gotta love Jeff - "They'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" is a personal favourite of mine :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
We did have the SPL logo on our numbers today though so it's not as if it was just a case of us having plain and simple numbers on today's shirts.

Well no doubt all the strips got swapped at FT so maybe the club were saving on printing costs - 50p a letter, it all adds up!

matty_f
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
How the **** did Cynicas stay on? :dunno:

****** knows. Should have had a second yellow. Glad he stayed on though, he's pish.:thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 11:23 PM
We're no a lower league side mate. :wink:

sorry mate I read it wrong, I was meaning thistle

Calvin
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
What an embarrassment. Someone missed Nade with a snowball.

PapillonVert
09-01-2010, 11:25 PM
You gotta love Jeff - "They'll be dancing on the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" is a personal favourite of mine :greengrin

Had to laugh today when Charlie Nicholas who was due to travel to Glasgow immediately after show asked Jeff if he could stay at his house if the weather was too bad to travel and Jeff said "Just got an update on the weather, going to be all clear from here to Glasgow, Charlie!".

Good banter and encyclopaedic knowledge!

Nando™
09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
He dived.

Pete
09-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm pretty relieved we're through.

If the highlights are anything to go by they were all over us and we scored three lucky breakaway goals against the run of play.

lapsedhibee
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM

If the highlights are anything to go by they were all over us and we scored three lucky breakaway goals against the run of play.

BBC stats:

Hibs:Irvine
Possession 60:40
Attempts on 14:3
Attempts off 8:9
Corners 5:3

Baader
09-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Pat Nevin :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
10-01-2010, 12:05 AM

The first 20-25 minutes they played very well and had a number of good chances and Hibs couldn't have complained if they had gone ahead. We started off pretty sluggish.

As it happens, we got the first goal and then a second before half time. They rarely threatened in the second half and once we got the third, we could and should have scored another two or three. Fitness probably played a large factor in that.

They are a decent side though and they are probably second division standard.

WindyMiller
10-01-2010, 12:08 AM

Exactly!
If you're not there you're relying on other people's interpretation of events.

sleeping giant
10-01-2010, 01:12 AM
Pat Nevin :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Outed on National TV:thumbsup:

NGP
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Highlights were always going to favour the Junior side

Hibs chances not shown last night - all 2nd half

Stokes narrow angle shot saved by keeper
Double dummy from Deek / Nish - last ditch tackle to stop Rankin
Keeper great save from Hanlon a near post
Nish open goal after low cross was missed by two of their defenders
Stokes clean through at the end and ****ing it up

4 clear cut and one half chance that would have been shown in a league highlights programme.

We were not great, but on another day we could have scored a few more.

Jack
10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I wasn''t there and could only listen on Hibs Interactive, the commentators were pretty down about our performance but I thought it didn't really sound that bad.
It may have been the expectation that we would score into double figures but to hear/read comments like IM were superb and Hibs were pish doesn't seem to add up.
We were good enough to beat IM 3 - 0 so well done the Hibs for that.

IM were supberb in comparison to what we expected and probably played above themselves.
Hibs were pish (your choice of word) as they didn't get close to our expectations.

whereswallace?
10-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Does anyone have a link to the highlights,i cant find them.