PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

keep the faith
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I feel sorry for Lewis. He deserves another run and I though his play was both tidy and urgent when he came on today.

We had lacked both qualities until that point.

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I feel sorry for all the fringe players, including those who never got a run out, like Galbraith. Quite a few of us rightly feel short-changed by a team that never bothered to move out fifth gear. But it was a bye, as has been said.

Mibbes Aye
09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Have to admit I didn't see much in his play when he came on to suggest he's any better than any of the others outwith the first-choice starting line-up.

He's very likeable but I would be concerned as to whether he can retain a place in the first-team squad, given the overall increase in standard and expectations under Hughes.

Gatecrasher
09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
our passing improved once paddy cregg and lewis stevenson came on :agree:

Hibby Bairn
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Which coincided with IM being increasingly knackered as a team.

keep the faith
09-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I feel sorry for all the fringe players, including those who never got a run out, like Galbraith. Quite a few of us rightly feel short-changed by a team that never bothered to move out fifth gear. But it was a bye, as has been said.

:agree: yeah, I agree and its silly to complain too hard about getting through to the next round. I just think the regular line up is looking a little stale at the moment and we need to be giving more players more game time to keep things fresh.

I picked on Stevenson as he done well at Tynecastle and Ibrox without getting back in the team and I think he deserves another run.

Disco Dave
09-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Stevenson or Cregg would play that holding midfield role much better than Rankin IMO until McBride gets back to full fitness. Lost count of the amount of times Rankin misplaced passes or got caught out today.

keep the faith
09-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Stevenson or Cregg would play that holding midfield role much better than Rankin IMO until McBride gets back to full fitness. Lost count of the amount of times Rankin misplaced passes or got caught out today.

I was trying not to mention the R word, but you are spot on.

algraydog
09-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Lewis did good today, confident, appeared quite self assured. Could more than fill in for R:wink:

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I thought Stevenson was poor. Offered no more than anyone else, he would receive the ball and almost immediately make a sideways or back pass without looking up (makes Ferguhun look attack minded)!! Cregg was particularly poor also and looked like he wouldn't get a game for medda (cant remember anything he did of merit?)
Miller and McBride aside we don't have great central midfielders, too small and one dimensional.