PDA

View Full Version : Challenge on Zemmama & Referee today

hibsboy90
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM
No posts on this yet, anyone else expect to see red, or at very least a yellow for the challenge on Zemmama near the dugouts in the first half?

Looked to be a shocker from the upper west, and hughes was certainly seething about the referee's lack of action about it. Medda player just went straight through his ankle.

Zemmama showed 5 minutes later who was boss.

Also, anyone else feel that the referee (Euan Norris) was caught up with the romance of the Juniors v SPL clash and let his decisions get affected. Though he was very poor today.

hibztilltheend
09-01-2010, 07:18 PM
the ref semmed to give them every 50-50 decision there was to give:agree:

fife hfc
09-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I thought it looked a shocker from up in the FF but when no action was taken I thought I must have been mistaken. at the time I thought it was a red card but then believed i must have got it wrong.

Future17
09-01-2010, 07:24 PM
No posts on this yet, anyone else expect to see red, or at very least a yellow for the challenge on Zemmama near the dugouts in the first half?

Looked to be a shocker from the upper west, and hughes was certainly seething about the referee's lack of action about it. Medda player just went straight through his ankle.

Also, anyone else feel that the referee (Euan Norris) was caught up with the romance of the Juniors v SPL clash and let his decisions get affected. Though he was very poor today.

Match reporter suggested replays showed Irvine should've had a penalty and Smith could've been off when Norris booked their player for diving.

maturehibby
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM
yhen booked Hogg for a foul he had missed and went on asst refs say so

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
The tackle on Zouma was right in from of me and it was certainly a shocker. Couldn't believe there was no card shown. All in all I thought the ref favoured them in most of the decisions he made. It was certainly no pen in the incident with Smith, although I thought the ref was wrong to book the lad for diving.

Calvin
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I said at the time, "That's a stonewall booking if that's an SPL player".

Didn't think the ref was too bad today, but maybe I'm that used to seeing shockers, I'm easily pleased.

danhibees1875
09-01-2010, 08:05 PM
The tackle on Zouma was right in from of me and it was certainly a shocker. Couldn't believe there as no card shown. All in all I thought the ref favoured them in most of the decisions he made. It was certainly no pen in the incident with Smith, although I thought the ref was wrong to book the lad for diving.

Thought it was a stonewall penalty. :agree:

Capt Mainwaring
09-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Thought it was a stonewall penalty. :agree:

Nope - clear dive. Smith never touched him.:agree:

hibsboy90
09-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone else think there should have been a hibs penalty in the first half, when the Medda player was down on his knees and looked to claw the ball away from the hibs attackers feet. Was closer to the east stand if any.

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM

I thought the ref reffed us like he would an SPL match and them like he would in a Junior game. They got to launch themselves into things (with no bookings IIRC) and they got fouls for next to nothing - with Hogg booked for very little.

Picking up a booking in a game like that's disappointing - he'll likely pick up another in a later round now (and miss a semi or final :pray:)

MussyHibby
10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Thought the ref had a good game, yes they tended to get the 50-50s and he was a bit harsh on Hogg and Murray's aerial challenges but a great decision for the "penalty". At the time it looked a stonwall PK. That decision alone made his performance good today.:agree:

Hainan Hibs
10-01-2010, 11:47 AM
On the penalty, the replays show the Ref got it spot on.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 11:49 AM
No way was it a penalty. Smith had got the ball clear about six months before the IM player collided with him.

I've seen them given for less, but usually only in the closing stages at Ibrox.

danhibees1875
10-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Are all these 'no penalty' comments from people who have seen the highlights?

I've not been able to see them yet(does anyone know when they go up on BBC?) but at the time I was certain Smith got nowhere near the ball - Was sitting in FF lower, directly in line with the incident. :confused:

Broken Gnome
10-01-2010, 11:56 AM
On the penalty, the replays show the Ref got it spot on.

:agree:

I'm amazed so many papers this morning are backing Irvine Meadow's appeals, even using the TV evidence as proof. Never ever a penalty.

Broken Gnome
10-01-2010, 11:58 AM

I've not been able to see them yet(does anyone know when they go up on BBC?) but at the time I was certain Smith got nowhere near the ball - Was sitting in FF lower, directly in line with the incident. :confused:

Based on highlights, no penalty. The IM striker's almost decided halfway through his run that he's going down no matter what. Smith realised he wouldn't get the touch so slid in yet pulled his hands away. IM player is falling well before he makes sure he touches Smith.

H18sry
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM

Yup BBC last night clearly shows the ref was spot on :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
:agree:

I'm amazed so many papers this morning are backing Irvine Meadow's appeals, even using the TV evidence as proof. Never ever a penalty.

I didn't think it was at the time and now I've seen it on telly it shows it wasn't.

I got a text during the game from someone watching Jeff and the Boys on Sky Sports and they said that David Tanner said TV evidence shows it was a penalty. They may as well bin that boy 'cos he clearly doesn't understand the rules!

Gus Fring
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Medda player played the ball then ran right into smith. who was trying to pull his hands out the way during the whole slide. medda player made a meal of it