PDA

View Full Version : Pars kicked out of the Cup

ancienthibby
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Beeb Radio just reported that Dunfy may be out of the Cup due to fielding an ineligible player!!

iwasthere1972
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Beeb Radio just reported that Dunfy may be out of the Cup due to fielding an ineligible player!!

Now that would be funny. :agree:

Keith_M
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Surely not! That would be the absolute shocker of the cup, with the score they had.

hibbybrian
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Now that would be funny. :agree:

Hibs v Stenny at home for the next round please :greengrin

iwasthere1972
09-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Beeb Radio now reporting that Hearts may be out of the Cup due to fielding an ineligible player!!

Erm hold on a minute. :devil:

:jamboak:

Woody1985
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
That would be funny.

However, is there a precedent for people being thrown out?

I'm not sure if my memory is correct but when these things crop up the team always seem to be let off. :bitchy:

Billie Jo
09-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Our very own Luke Shanley on ssn now. Callum Woods was supposed to be suspended.

Cool_Hand_Luke
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Callum Woods...apparantly should have been serving a suspension carried over from last season.

hibiedude
09-01-2010, 05:11 PM

A shocker if it happens

--------
09-01-2010, 05:12 PM

Where did you hear this?

Stenny reinstated? Send 'em to ER next round, please... :devil:

Cool_Hand_Luke
09-01-2010, 05:13 PM
That would be funny.

I'm not sure if my memory is correct but when these things crop up the team always seem to be let off. :bitchy:

:agree:

Brechin booted out (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7215487.stm)

PC Stamp
Brechin City were eventually thrown out after beating Hamilton. That said, they were originally fined £10K and ordered to replay the game for fielding ONE ineligible player. It then came to light that they had fielded a second ineligible player and the decision was reviewed and the tie awarded to Hamilton.

Billie Jo
That would be funny.

I think Brechin got chucked out the cup for this

iwasthere1972
09-01-2010, 05:14 PM

Brechin booted out (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7215487.stm)

How many will Stenny bring to Easter Road?

ancienthibby
09-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Where did you hear this?

The always reliable, completely indisputable, Beeb Radio Scotland!!:greengrin:devil:

Cool_Hand_Luke
09-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Anyone know if the 2 Hibs lads on loan to Stenny were playing today :dunno:

Jim44
09-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Callum Woods...apparantly should have been serving a suspension carried over from last season.

Surely the SFA should update all clubs about non-eligible players in advance of their ties, especially with such a long gap in between. If they did I've no sympathy for the Pars but if it was an honest mistake, they should maybe get off with a token fine.

hibsdaft
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
lol

ancienthibby
09-01-2010, 05:22 PM

Welsh came on as a second-half sub!

--------
09-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Surely the SFA should update all clubs about non-eligible players in advance of their ties, especially with such a long gap in between. If they did I've no sympathy for the Pars but if it was an honest mistake, they should maybe get off with a token fine.

PC Stamp
09-01-2010, 05:25 PM

They do ... in writing.

Jim44
09-01-2010, 05:35 PM
They do ... in writing.

In that case...................:bye: Pars

ancienthibby
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM

'Kerrydean Dizzydean' just confirmed on Beeb Radio that Pars may well be in DEEP DOO DOO!!

As is Shabby Laddy:devil::devil:

PC Stamp
09-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Not necessarily. The precedent for fielding an ineligible player was a fine and a replay. Fielding two ineligible players got the emptying!

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 05:50 PM
So that our first choice team can utterly thrash them 2-1. :rolleyes:

Velma Dinkley
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
A 2-1 win in the next round would do just nicely, ta :thumbsup:

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
A 2-1 win in the next round would do just nicely, ta :thumbsup:
Against Stenny at ER it would be a bit of a disappointment, particularly when the Pars put seven past them.

mglancy23
09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Against Stenny at ER it would be a bit of a disappointment, particularly when the Pars put seven past them.

aye, but they cheated to do that :greengrin

ballengeich
09-01-2010, 07:21 PM
They do ... in writing.

I believe Dunfermline's claim is that the player concerned was not on the communication sent by the SFA so the blame lies with the SFA.

NOLA
09-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Rules are Rules! Dunfy should get emptied:agree:

Billy
09-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Both lads came on with an hour played. Welsh created Stenny's goal.

Woody1985
09-01-2010, 08:15 PM

What a ***** rule this is:

Both men were signed after the first match between the teams and SFA rules stipulate that only players registered prior to the first game in a cup tie can feature in replays.

So it's okay if a player leaves in that time and therefore resulting in a weaker squad.

Sir David Gray
09-01-2010, 09:46 PM

The SFA probably should have informed clubs of any players who were ineligible for their ties this weekend but that very list is freely available to ANYONE on the SFA's website (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2009/10/January2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS25(07Jan).pdf) and under the list of Scottish Cup suspensions, Calum Woods' name is clearly there, along with many other people from other clubs. These teams have managed to keep to the rules and haven't played these banned players and Dunfermline should have done the same.

As far as I'm concerned, Dunfermline hasn't got a leg to stand on here and I think they should now be thrown out of the cup.

iwasthere1972
09-01-2010, 09:49 PM
The SFA probably should have informed clubs of any players who were ineligible for their ties this weekend but that very list is freely available to ANYONE on the SFA's website (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2009/10/January2010/PlayerSuspensions/LOS25(07Jan).pdf) and under the list of Scottish Cup suspensions, Calum Woods' name is clearly there, along with many other people from other clubs. These teams have managed to keep to the rules and haven't played these banned players and Dunfermline should have done the same.

As far as I'm concerned, Dunfermline hasn't got a leg to stand on here and I think they should now be thrown out of the cup.

I would like to see the Pars kicked out and the Yams awarded their place instead of Stenhousemuir.

:fibber:

Pete
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM

I think it's quite petty to have that attitude. It was a seven one hammering and the player had no impact on the game or result whatsoever.

As has been stated before, the precedent for such an oversight is a fine and a replay so booting them out the tournament would be extremely unfair to say the least.

Dunfermline are an honest team scratching to survive in a town who's majority of football fans oddly choose to support Rangers. To have them binned on a technicality such as this simply isn't right.

gorgie_harp
09-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I think it's quite petty to have that attitude. It was a seven one hammering and the player had no impact on the game or result whatsoever.

As has been stated before, the precedent for such an oversight is a fine and a replay so booting them out the tournament would be extremely unfair to say the least.

Dunfermline are an honest team scratching to survive in a town who's majority of football fans oddly choose to support Rangers. To have them binned on a technicality such as this simply isn't right.

Bleeding fart liberal.:wink::greengrin

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 12:36 AM

At the end of the day Dunfermline Football Club do have a club secretary and
as far as I'm concerned it is His/Her job to keep on top of this..

I do feel that if they did get the boot, :greengrin That would be a tad harsh...

hibsboy90
10-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Should the player himself not be aware of these things? :confused:

Hibs On Tour
10-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Harsh ma hole. They knew the rules, the details appear to be there for all concerned to check and I think they've messed up. Take it on the chin and kick someone's arse for making such a stupid mistake.

It'll be a fine and a replay. Fine will surely be covered by the money they get in from the replay so end result shouldn't be anything worse than Stenny getting a wee bit more money than they have got to date.

Its not a technicality - its a rule. You either obey the rules or you have anarchy. No really a difficult concept I would have thought... :cool2:

Just Jimmy
10-01-2010, 04:04 AM
Harsh ma hole. They knew the rules, the details appear to be there for all concerned to check and I think they've messed up. Take it on the chin and kick someone's arse for making such a stupid mistake.

It'll be a fine and a replay. Fine will surely be covered by the money they get in from the replay so end result shouldn't be anything worse than Stenny getting a wee bit more money than they have got to date.
Its not a technicality - its a rule. You either obey the rules or you have anarchy. No really a difficult concept I would have thought... :cool2:

there was 1,800 odd there today, I doubt they'll even get that for a replay.

Woody1985
12-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Anyone know what is happening here?

I thought there was meant to be a meeting this week. I can't find any info on it.

iwasthere1972
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Anyone know what is happening here?

I thought there was meant to be a meeting this week. I can't find any info on it.

Thursday :agree:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/SFA-to-decide-Dunfermline39s-punishment.5973206.jp

lapsedhibee
12-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Aye. It's the same every time Nishy gets caught offside. The very fabric of society teeters.

Hibs On Tour
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Aye. It's the same every time Nishy gets caught offside. The very fabric of society teeters.

Quality! :faf:

jonty
14-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Confirmed on SSN - Pars dumped out the cup. :agree:

KirkyHibs
14-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Bit harsh:dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 02:44 PM

Pity – they might’ve given Celtic a decent game.

Do Celtic (or Morton) get a by now into the QF or do Stenhousemuir get reinstated?

NOLA
14-01-2010, 02:45 PM
unlucky, but thats what happens if you break the :rules:

Frazerbob
14-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Heads will roll!!

Whoever is at fault (the manager?) for losing out on a home tie with Celtc will surley get punted!

jonty
14-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Pity – they might’ve given Celtic a decent game.

Do Celtic (or Morton) get a by now into the QF or do Stenhousemuir get reinstated?

The news article stated they'd be reinstated but the Pars are, as would be expected, due to appeal.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 02:48 PM

Good - **** getting them in the semi!!!

Killiehibbie
14-01-2010, 02:49 PM
unlucky, but thats what happens if you break the :rules:

How come Brechin only got a fine and told to replay tie, not put out until it was discovered they played a second ineligible player?

JackRegan
14-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Bent decision if you ask me.

George Peat is on the Stenny board. Stenny stand to gain (if Celtic beat Morton) in that they'll get a tie v Celtic. Not great money but certainly a decent-ish wedge for them

Sir David Gray
14-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm quite surprised at that outcome to be honest, even although I don't think Dunfermline have a leg to stand on.

I thought the SFA would deal with them in the same way that they were originally going to deal with Brechin a couple of years ago, in that fielding one ineligible player would mean that a replay would be ordered (obviously Brechin were later found to have played two ineligible players and were then thrown out).

I think that whoever the secretary is at East End Park may just be on the look out for a new job in the next day or two after all this.

18/03/07
14-01-2010, 02:53 PM
out off the cup its on ssn

scoopyboy
14-01-2010, 02:55 PM
IMO they will appeal and it will be successful in that they will get the match replayed and a hefty fine.

jonty
14-01-2010, 02:57 PM
How come Brechin only got a fine and told to replay tie, not put out until it was discovered they played a second ineligible player?

They subsequently withdrew so no further action was needed (that was mentioned in the report too)

Apparently the Pars admited to an administrative error and expected a replay. Rules is rules I suppose.

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 03:05 PM
St. Mirren also breached the selection rules (had less than 2 U21 players in the squad) a few years ago v Spartans and were only fined.

Very fishy

:confused:

18/03/07
14-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Will S.Welsh and L.Currie still be there for nx round

Stevie Reid
14-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Bit harsh:dunno:

Given that they were 4-0 up when the ineligible player was introduced, I think a replay would've been appropriate.

cwilliamson85
14-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Maybe its the case Dunfermline cant afford the fine :dunno:

GlesgaeHibby
Given that they were 4-0 up when the ineligible player was introduced, I think a replay would've been appropriate.

:agree: The result was all but decided when he was introduced. It's not as if he changed the game in their favour.

Poor decision.

CallumLaidlaw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dunfermline_athletic/8456520.stm

Hibernian Verse
14-01-2010, 03:13 PM
It was 4-0 when he came on, he hardly changed the game.

ballengeich
14-01-2010, 03:24 PM
It's time that the punishment for fielding an ineligible player was in the competition rules rather than being determined case by case.

The Pars' punishment for bringing on a substitute when 4-0 up seems harsh compared with the initial verdict on Brechin last season.

JimBHibees
14-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I think they will be reinstated after an appeal.

Cameron1875
14-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Got a good mate who is par so think this is a shocking decision from the SFA. Imagine if we were beating irvine meadow 4-0 and because we brought on stevenson we get chucked out.

Apparantely George Peat is on the stenhousemuir board:confused: Is that not like one of hibs board members eg. scott lindsay voting to keep hibs in the tournament.

Makes you think if there is more to come from this because it seems awfully harsh. Hopefully pars win appeal.

EDIT: Sky sports news just saying SFA say it is for a breach of a NUMBER of cup competition rules. Interesting.

sambajustice
14-01-2010, 03:34 PM
It was 4-0 when he came on, he hardly changed the game.

Thats not very sound logic!

You're basically saying its ok to break rules as long as the final result isnt in question!

Part/Time Supporter
14-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Got a good mate who is par so think this is a shocking decision from the SFA. Imagine if we were beating irvine meadow 4-0 and because we brought on stevenson we get chucked out.

Apparantely George Peat is on the stenhousemuir board:confused: Is that not like one of hibs board members eg. scott lindsay voting to keep hibs in the tournament.

Makes you think if there is more to come from this because it seems awfully harsh. Hopefully pars win appeal.

EDIT: Sky sports news just saying SFA say it is for a breach of a NUMBER of cup competition rules. Interesting.

There was a report in one of the papers that they had also mucked up wrt the U21 rule (see above), but then changed the teamlines at about 2.45 after the referee pointed out that mistake. Another factor may be that Dunfermline were saying for a start that selecting Woods was based on a mistake by the SFA in the advice that they had provided to Dunfermline.

ancienthibby
14-01-2010, 03:41 PM
There was a report in one of the papers that they had also mucked up wrt the U21 rule (see above), but then changed the teamlines at about 2.45 after the referee pointed out that mistake. Another factor may be that Dunfermline were saying for a start that selecting Woods was based on a mistake by the SFA in the advice that they had provided to Dunfermline.

Beeb Radio just reported that there were a number of other reasons for throwing Dunfy out, including not selecting the right number of U-23 players and, unbelievably receiving 26 emails from the SFA regarding Callum Woods.

No appeal will stand if these reports are right!!

Sir David Gray
14-01-2010, 03:51 PM

Would be nice if the SFA could maybe elaborate on that point and tell everyone what the "number of breaches" are.

I wasn't aware that George Peat was a board member at Stenhousemuir. That seems to be a conflict of interests, if you ask me.

I don't really think it matters whether or not the ineligible player had a massive influence on the match. There were a number of players suspended for Scottish Cup ties last weekend and other teams were able to identify which players of theirs were suspended and they didn't include them in their squad. I agree with the point that was made earlier that the punishment for fielding an ineligible player in a cup tie should be clearly stated in the SFA's rulebook and then there would be no comeback from teams as they would know where they stand.

.Sean.
14-01-2010, 04:11 PM
7-1 win or not, Dunfermline broke rules which need to be adhered to. If we had been knocked out the Cup by a team who feilded an inelegible player, each and every one of us would have screamed for our opponents to be launched. Rules are rules.

There own fault :agree:

Judas Iscariot
14-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Nae joy

Leithenhibby
14-01-2010, 04:24 PM
The SFA Emergency Committee who convened at Hampden Park on Thursday found that the Pars had submitted an inaccurate team line, altered a named substitute, and failed to register two outfield under-21 players.

The SFA added that Dunfermline admitted liability in failing to acknowledge Woods' suspension despite receiving 26 issues of their suspensions list

Nae luck, I'd be gutted if I were a Pars fan.

But I'm no, so do give a flying ! ! ...:greengrin

Andy.1875
14-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Scottish Cup Expulsion
Thursday, 14 January 2010

The Scottish FA can today confirm that after a meeting of the Emergency Committee at Hampden Park, Dunfermline Athletic Football Club have been expelled from the Active Nation Scottish Cup in respect of a number of breaches of the Cup Competition rules.

The breaches of the Cup Competition rules are as follows:

• Playing a suspended player, Calum Woods
• Submitting an inaccurate team line
• Altering a named substitute
• Not registering two outfield under-21 players

In addition to the above breaches, Dunfermline Athletic also admitted liability in failing to acknowledge the suspension of the aforementioned player, despite receiving 26 issues of the suspension list, in addition to the normal method of notification.

Subject to any appeal, Stenhousemuir FC will now take the place of Dunfermline Athletic for the fifth round of the competition, where they will play either Greenock Morton or Celtic on the weekend of February 6.

Gordon Smith, Chief Executive of the Scottish FA, commented: “While it is unfortunate that Dunfermline Athletic will no longer be participating in the Active Nation Scottish Cup, the Emergency Committee were left with no alternative after it emerged the club had breached several of the Cup Competition rules.

“The integrity of the Active Nation Scottish Cup was paramount in the decision making process.”

Owing to the appeals process, there will be no further comment at this stage from the Scottish FA.

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Scottish Cup Expulsion

The Scottish FA can today confirm that after a meeting of the Emergency Committee at Hampden Park, Dunfermline Athletic Football Club have been expelled from the Active Nation Scottish Cup in respect of a number of breaches of the Cup Competition rules.

In addition to the above breaches, Dunfermline Athletic also admitted liability in failing to acknowledge the suspension of the aforementioned player, despite receiving 26 issues of the suspension list, in addition to the normal method of notification.

Subject to any appeal, Stenhousemuir FC will now take the place of Dunfermline Athletic for the fifth round of the competition, where they will play either Greenock Morton or Celtic on the weekend of February 6.

Gordon Smith, Chief Executive of the Scottish FA, commented: “While it is unfortunate that Dunfermline Athletic will no longer be participating in the Active Nation Scottish Cup, the Emergency Committee were left with no alternative after it emerged the club had breached several of the Cup Competition rules.

“The integrity of the Active Nation Scottish Cup was paramount in the decision making process.”

Owing to the appeals process, there will be no further comment at this stage from the Scottish FA.

Pretty concrete set of facts, that suggests the decision will stand, the pars officials should be hauled over the coals, for the lack of efficiency.......

Sylar
14-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!

I recall 3/4 years ago, when Dunfermline were citing rules left, right and centre, to get Livingston censured for playing Hassan Kachloul, who was being paid as an amateur. "Rules are rules" said Yorkston, in no uncertain terms and now he has the audacity to state the Pars have been hard-done by, despite ignoring multiple emails which informed them of Woods' inelligability, fiddling their team sheets and not listing enough U21 players.

GIRFUY! :thumbsup:

jgl07
14-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha!

I recall 3/4 years ago, when Dunfermline were citing rules left, right and centre, to get Livingston censured for playing Hassan Kachloul, who was being paid as an amateur. "Rules are rules" said Yorkston, in no uncertain terms and now he has the audacity to state the Pars have been hard-done by, despite ignoring multiple emails which informed them of Woods' inelligability, fiddling their team sheets and not listing enough U21 players.

GIRFUY! :thumbsup:
If he was an amateur how could he be paid?

Sylar
14-01-2010, 05:08 PM
If he was an amateur how could he be paid?

Therein lies the problem - he wasn't really...

gillythehibby
14-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Apparently the SFA were thinking about throwing Hertz out prior to the Aberdeen game for playing UGLY football. They said it didn't set a good example for the young fans watching and was not in the spirit of the competition.:devil:

Jack
14-01-2010, 05:12 PM
This is what happened on the Pars fans website on Saturday, before during and after the game.

http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=914721&t=914721 (http://www.dafc.info/forum/read.php?f=1&i=914721&t=914721)

I thought it was quite interesting and wondered what would have happened if the same was happening to us?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Therein lies the problem - he wasn't really...

Didn't they say he was a groundsman?? Given that the pars will now miss out on decent gate money and possible TV money, someone may find brown envelope along with their pay packet this month.:violin:

jakedance
14-01-2010, 05:34 PM
So their own supporters told the club before the game, it was common knowledge in the stands before the game, his name was on the SFA website as being suspended yet they still brought him on when they were 4 up.

It would appear DAFC were at least aware there was some doubt over whether Woods was eligible to play so why risk it?

Sergey
14-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I found the penultimate quote quite amusing.

Woods only contribution to the game was getting turned inside out for the stenny goal, without him it would have been 7-0!

As an aside, I listened to the BBC Open Mics show on Saturday and even the summariser at the match knew the player was banned.

Poor form by all concerned.

IWasThere2016
14-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Pars cheated :bye:

Woody1985
14-01-2010, 06:10 PM
I thought the meeting was today. Anyone know what happened?

ancienthibby
14-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I thought the meeting was today. Anyone know what happened?

Your other name is Rip Van Winkle!!:greengrin:agree::devil:

EasterRoad4Ever
14-01-2010, 06:26 PM

Don't disagree with this outcome, but can you ever imagine this happening to the OF for the same offence ?

Danderhall Hibs
14-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Don't disagree with this outcome, but can you ever imagine this happening to the OF for the same offence ?

Could you see the OF being as amateurish to allow it to happen?

Cameron1875
14-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Could you see the OF being as amateurish to allow it to happen?

Might be my mind playing tricks but i remember hearing on radio scotland a few months back that nial mcginn scored for celtic earlier this season when he wasnt even on the team sheet issued to the press. No further questions were asked and the media kept it all hush hush.

The old firm would be given a heavy fine and replay game imo.

Peevemor
14-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Might be my mind playing tricks but i remember hearing on radio scotland a few months back that nial mcginn scored for celtic earlier this season when he wasnt even on the team sheet issued to the press. No further questions were asked and the media kept it all hush hush.

The old firm would be given a heavy fine and replay game imo.

The team sheets issued to the press aren't official. For example, a player who injures himself in the warm up can be replaced.

Alfred E Newman
14-01-2010, 08:05 PM

or being punished for the continued singing of sectarian bile by their supporters?

AFKA5814_Hibs
14-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I find it incredible that Dunfermline didn't know or forgot about this suspension.

Given that the list of suspensions is on the SFA website for anybody to see, I bet quite a few Dunfermline fans would have known Calum Woods was suspended for the Stenhousemuir game. The list is updated every week, but with the Scottish Cup suspensions being carried over from last season, Woods name was on the list every week since the season started.

Fortunately, Aberdeen remembered that Richard Foster was suspended. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Scottish Cup Expulsion

Assuming that all of the above is correct, Dunfermline cannot possibly have any complaints about being kicked out.

I wouldn't bother appealing if I was them.

heretoday
15-01-2010, 03:10 PM
What is the point of appealing the decision, except to save face with their fans?

At least they can comfort themselves in the knowledge that their cup record is better than ours!