PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Irvine Meadow Loyal

HarpyHibby
09-01-2010, 02:18 PM
unbelievable, away fans singing rule britannia and billy boys walking down easter road!

jacomo
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Hmm... Perhaps some part-time Medda supporters but full-time bigots have swelled the ranks of the travelling support today.

Hopefully just the idiot minority.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Not the minority unfortunately, constant chants of WE ARE THE PEOPLE and a nice rendition of the SASH believe it or not! Bell-ends the lot of them. Also strangely, a group of them trying to get 'Glorious Hearts' started and some singing 'Theres Only One Makalamby' Strange bunch. Just trying to get a reaction which they rarely did. My flat is so close to the stadium I can still hear them now :yawn:

FastEddieFelson
09-01-2010, 04:38 PM
was funny watching the mob at the front towards the east stand get thrown out one by one, along with their union jacks.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 04:43 PM
I did enjoy that :greengrin why not jst support the huns and be done with it instead of following some daft wee junior team???

Keith_M
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
...at least one team was up for the game today.

Shame about their sh*tey fans.

I counted The Billy Boys, Derry's Walls, Rule Brittania & The Sash. Before anyone says it, not it wasn't a minority. As said on another thread, they were just Mini Huns.

Never mind, at least their players can be proud of themselves.

:top marks

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Hun wannabe inbreeds..

Hope there buses break down on the way home and leave them stranded on the motorway..

Dinnae darken our city again please :bye:

xyz23jc
09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Total vermin! No other word for them... even made Rankgers seem like a thoroughly decent bunch. However our lot were strangely quiet and unresponsive today. No atmosphere at the match, even in the East!

col02
09-01-2010, 05:06 PM
Hun wannabe inbreeds..

Hope there buses break down on the way home and leave them stranded on the motorway..

:agree: Apart from the stranded part as would not want them polluting any civilised area on the East Coast with their filth. Can see the merits of naval weapon testing on the West coast now!

--------
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I did enjoy that :greengrin why not jst support the huns and be done with it instead of following some daft wee junior team???

I don't consider Meadow 'some daft wee Junior team' - they're as good as, if not better than, most of the SFL IMO.

They have their core support of about 300-400, but for this game they'll have brought along a lot of fellow-travellers, who just happen to be Huns in their other lives, back in the swamp.

I strongly suspect that for most of them, this is the first time they've been inside a football ground in their lives.

Barney McGrew
09-01-2010, 05:18 PM
If it was a minority, then it was the biggest minority I've seen.

'We are the people', 'You only sing in the chapel' along with the usual favourites like the Sash and Derry's Walls.

If you look like Huns, you sing like Huns, and you fly flags like Huns, then you're Huns.

Malthibby
Indeedy.
Being at the other end of the ground, & having appalling eyesight, I could only see their cute chequered flags to begin with & thought that they were meybes not allied to the dark side. Then i focussed slightly & saw the St. George, U.J. etc etc, never mind 'we arra peepul':yawn:
Romance of the cup my erse.
GG

Baader
Huns WITH bus fares...

xyz23jc
09-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Even seen some of their fans wearing Rankgers strips on London road on the way to the game. Total vermin. Fortunately, our lot just treated their sh*** with total indifference. 3-0 down and chanting SPL you're havin' a laugh. Total sc**!

--------
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
...at least one team was up for the game today.

Shame about their sh*tey fans.

I counted The Billy Boys, Derry's Walls, Rule Brittania & The Sash. Before anyone says it, not it wasn't a minority. As said on another thread, they were just Mini Huns.

Never mind, at least their players can be proud of themselves.

:top marks

I was reading elsewhere that 9 of their players are RC's - and that a number of the more unreconstructed of their fans have stopped going to matches as a consequence.

Now do you think the police will eject Rangers fans for singing those same songs when THEY come to ER next?

hibbymark
09-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I think i must be in the minority who goes to games and isnt offended in the slightest by away fans singing songs about billy boys the queen,tattie famines the pope etc etc . Why do folk get there knickers in such a tissie about this? Go enjoy the fitba and dont take the bait.

gorgie_harp
09-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I think i must be in the minority who goes to games and isnt offended in the slightest by away fans singing songs about billy boys the queen,tattie famines the pope etc etc . Why do folk get there knickers in such a tissie about this? Go enjoy the fitba and dont take the bait.

Because that **** is for the dark ages. And anyone that think's it's just a bit of banter is a fool.:grr::grr:

Judas Iscariot
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
I really hope all the hibs fans that were on here saying they'll be sitting in the away end with the friendly junior fans enjoyed the experience :faf:

Will they be getting season tickets for Greyskull now?

:cool2:

H18sry
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM

:fishin::fishin:

hibbybrian
09-01-2010, 05:31 PM

there are laws against this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/kill_your_idle/kkk_airdrie.jpg

should fitba be outside the law?

Winston Ingram
09-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Hun wannabe inbreeds..

Agreed:agree:

Carheenlea
09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I was in very early today, and noticed the stewards/police removing a "RFC We Are The People" flag and some kind of thing incorporating the flag of Ulster from the back of the bottom tier. They allowed the Union Flag to stay.

I`m not one to get worked up about what flags are on display, but why did the authorities get weighed into Irvine Meadow and remove flags, one of which they seem perfectly happy to allow a couple of SPL clubs supporters to brandish on visits to ER?

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-01-2010, 06:08 PM
I posted up that they were hun bassas as soon as the draw was made and was shot down in flames by them and some on here, now you know eh?

Hibs Class
09-01-2010, 06:12 PM
I posted up that they were hun bassas as soon as the draw was made and was shot down in flames by them and some on here, now you know eh?

:agree: A day or two after the draw I saw a pic of them in their strips, and there was a strong similarity to the huns.

s.a.m
09-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I was in very early today, and noticed the stewards/police removing a "RFC We Are The People" flag and some kind of thing incorporating the flag of Ulster from the back of the bottom tier. They allowed the Union Flag to stay.

I`m not one to get worked up about what flags are on display, but why did the authorities get weighed into Irvine Meadow and remove flags, one of which they seem perfectly happy to allow a couple of SPL clubs supporters to brandish on visits to ER?

I've noticed this on more than one occasion. Polis seem very keen to make their mark on fans of smaller teams, for misdemeanours which they tolerate (or daren't tackle) from big teams.

dennykillie
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Guys, that sizeable minority are NOT Meadow fans. They are bloody Huns on a day out. That's what you get when you let Weegie vermin into your town in large numbers.

Many REAL Meadow fans booed and tried to shout down these vermin.

The Medda is a non-sectarian club and have worn those strips (& socks) since before you last won the Cup!

Best of luck in the next round (unless you get Killie).

Nice to see that FC Kaunus got ****ged by the sheep.

And. before you ask, I was brought up 100 yards from Medda Park.

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Guys, that sizeable minority are NOT Meadow fans. They are bloody Huns on a day out. That's what you get when you let Weegie vermin into your town in large numbers.

The Medda is a non-sectarian club and have worn those strips (& socks) since before you last won the Cup!

Why would Rangers fans go to a cup match between a provincial (:rolleyes:) team and a junior team?

Moody Mulder
09-01-2010, 07:04 PM
its a west coast thing, they just have not got a clue about how to live in decent society

Moody Mulder
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Why would Rangers fans go to a cup match between a provincial (:rolleyes:) team and a junior team?

Hibernian FC operate from the Capital, its not us who are a provincial team

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Hibernian FC operate from the Capital, its not us who are a provincial team

Read my post again, this time pay attention to the smilies...

MSK
09-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I had the privelage of drinking with a few "Medda" fans & hearing a sing song or two before the game in Middletons ..cracking banter & enjoyed by all ..

I hope the hun "interlopers" didnt spoil a good day out in our fine city & drinking establishments for the "real" Medda fans ...

You done yer club proud guys ..

Haste ye back ...:scarf:

SouthamptonHibs
09-01-2010, 07:07 PM
who cares about there weegie rats, some good fans most bad, nae game at at ibrox so they all come through......we pumped them 3 nil could have been more if we wanted.

There going hame we are on a roll, i bet half of them were at ER for the huns game a few weeks ago and off tae hamilton tomorrow, nice to see them get the feeling there beat.

Hibs in the next round, yams out can there be a better saturday. Nice cup draw tomorrow and lets start dreaming, mon the cabbage

:thumbsup:

Hiber-nation
09-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I know a jambo who went along today and sat near some Meadow fans who were giving the huns dogs abuse. They expected it to happen though. Look at some of the halfwits that come along when we get to Cup Finals.

FuNsTeR
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM

Irvine is a weegie overspill and Killie sadly is going the same way

back to the football yer average medda fan that goes to every game (like one of the guys from my work who hasn't missed a home or away tie since the early 70's) supports the medda and are not interested in the religion ****** but they do though have a small element of around 20 - 30 young twats that belt out that orange *rap, they are refered as "the buckfast boys" by normal medda fans, your typical medda fan at the game witnessing the rangers fans behaviour today .... would have been appalled by what you have been posting on here by the large contingent of rangers fans in their support today, be in no doubt the worst element of rangers fans in this country for their bigotry are indeed from Ayrshire and the tims here aren't any better OFGTF

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
There was certainly a good few singing the Orange dittys from the Medda support. To round it all off, their booing of their second half sub, John-Paul Boyle, when announced over the tannoy, was well out of order.

Full marks to the Hibs fans for not rising to the bigots.

DarrenSQH
09-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Out of the 2000 it looked as though maybe 9 out of 10 meadow fans were singing the rangers songs. Defo not a small minority.

tony higgins
09-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Out of the 2000 it looked as though maybe 9 out of 10 meadow fans were singing the rangers songs. Defo not a small minority.

That must the 9 or 10 that got off the train i was on at Shotts station.
Suppose whatever rings their bell.

Cabbage East
09-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Vermin.

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 07:45 PM

So 90% of the fans were Rankgers infiltrators? :hmmm:

Viva_Palmeiras
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
That must the 9 or 10 that got off the train i was on at Shotts station.
Suppose whatever rings their bell.

On weekend release perhaps?

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I think there were a lot of Huns singing it but there were a lot of Irvinites who joined in, believing it would wind us up, when the game became a lost cause.

Whatever gives them their kicks.

Crab apple
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
From the FF it looked like the real dregs were in section 4 of the south stand - 20 or 30 shaven headed, fat, no colours (apart from flags) and who didn't last the 90 minutes. Reminded me of games against Airdire in the 1980's.

FuNsTeR
09-01-2010, 07:53 PM
So 90% of the fans were Rankgers infiltrators? :hmmm:

entirely plausible as they have around 300 - 400 fans and the extra 1600 or so had to come from elsewhere

Killiehibbie
09-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Venture into any town through here and it doesn't take long to come across the bigots any day of the week, as was pointed out it's not as bad as it used to be. Plenty bigots in every town through out the country and they hijack days like today for teams like The Medda just be thankful it wasn't The Buffs it would've been at least 99% joining in.

sunshine1875
09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Notice that blueisthekeechcolour is reading this plus others such as the Kyle Lafferty thread, but staying quiet. Wonder what he has to say about the junior-Huns.

degenerated
09-01-2010, 08:48 PM
If you look like Huns, you sing like Huns, and you fly flags like Huns, then you're Huns.

or hearts fans

joe breezy
09-01-2010, 08:52 PM
They deserved a do-in, Easter Road hasn't been intimidating enough since the hoolie days and games like these prove there still is a need for a rowdy element. Sad to hear our support didn't respond, not with sectarianism, just in making Easter Road an indimidating place to come to, whether it be away teams or away fans who want to attack us, verbally or physically.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Notice that blueisthekeechcolour is reading this plus others such as the Kyle Lafferty thread, but staying quiet. Wonder what he has to say about the junior-Huns.

What you want me to say?

What I will say is I can't believe how worked up everyone is getting about a group of fans singing songs, they obviously doing it as a wind up and it's worked. As for the Lafferty thread I have already posted in it, if you want to know my views on anything that I haven't commented on just ask, that's what someone did on the lafferty thread and I gave my HONEST opinion.

lapsedhibee
09-01-2010, 09:01 PM
What you want me to say?

You may not know the answer to this, and no reason why you should, but I would like to know if it is really pure coincidence that IM colours are so similar to RongersFC colours. I mean, black socks with red tops? What are the chances of that being a complete coincidence?

monktonharp
09-01-2010, 09:03 PM
What you want me to say?

What I will say is I can't believe how worked up everyone is getting about a group of fans singing songs, they obviously doing it as a wind up and it's worked. As for the Lafferty thread I have already posted in it, if you want to know my views on anything that I haven't commented on just ask, that's what someone did on the lafferty thread and I gave my HONEST opinion.some of us do get worked up,true. aspecially when it is unadulterated bigotry,and that is what was coming from the away end today,but hey,it was expected as all the signs were there. same coulored tops,shorts,socks.same flags,etc.in fact ,just mini-huns.:bye:

Twa Cairpets
09-01-2010, 09:06 PM
They deserved a do-in, Easter Road hasn't been intimidating enough since the hoolie days and games like these prove there still is a need for a rowdy element. Sad to hear our support didn't respond, not with sectarianism, just in making Easter Road an indimidating place to come to, whether it be away teams or away fans who want to attack us, verbally or physically.

Away and behave yourself and act your age.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
You may not know the answer to this, and no reason why you should, but I would like to know if it is really pure coincidence that IM colours are so similar to RongersFC colours. I mean, black socks with red tops? What are the chances of that being a complete coincidence?

I don't know much about IM tbh so no I don't know, but someone on this board a killie fan I think, did mention it earlier, saying they have had these colour socks as well way before hibs last won the scottish cup (his words not mine), so I don't think it's a recent thing to copy rangers.

Meddaheroes1973
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM

Don't jump to conclusions. Do a bit of research first and see who had the Blue jerseys, white shorts + black/red socks first. Think you'll find we were there long before Rangers were.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good conspiracy theory though.

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Don't jump to conclusions. Do a bit of research first and see who had the Blue jerseys, white shorts + black/red socks first. Think you'll find we were there long before Rangers were.

So did you have the sectarian songs first, too?

Sir David Gray
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I've no doubt that there were a lot of Rangers sympathisers in the IM support today and I've also heard that there were some people with Hearts tops on as well.

Personally I don't see any problem with them singing WATP or Rule Britannia and I heard that they also had a Union Flag confiscated, which is ridiculous if that's true. For a start, the stewards would never confiscate a Union Flag from Rangers fans and apart from anything else, whether people like it or not, it's the national flag and therefore people should be entitled to fly the flag wherever they like.

That fact might not sit too well with some people on here and they probably were brought along today in a bid to try and provoke us but that's the way it is.

Obviously there were a few renditions of other more sinister Rangers ditties from the South Stand today, such as Derry's Walls and The Billy Boys, which are a slightly different matter but on the whole there was nothing that happened today that got me too worked up.

monktonharp
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't know much about IM tbh so no I don't know, but someone on this board a killie fan I think, did mention it earlier, saying they have had these colour socks as well way before hibs last won the scottish cup (his words not mine), so I don't think it's a recent thing to copy rangers.maybe sing-a-longs are a coincidence too:yawn:

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
maybe sing-a-longs are a coincidence too:yawn:

Don't beat yourself up, im a rangers fan, I know nothing about IM no point dragging me in to what happen with their fans.

sKipper
09-01-2010, 09:24 PM

Why the hell shouldn't they ?????

I support Hibs but go to all big Linlithgow Rose matches.

capitals_finest
09-01-2010, 09:25 PM
****!

Hope you enjoyed your holiday in the capital city.

Cabbage East
09-01-2010, 09:29 PM
****!

Did you take lots of photo's today in the big city?

lapsedhibee
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Well, where is the evidence that RongersFC copied you? :dunno:

monktonharp
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Don't beat yourself up, im a rangers fan, I know nothing about IM no point dragging me in to what happen with their fans.trust me,i've never been in the situation of beating MYSELF up

capitals_finest
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM
That ****ty wee mob of theirs were giving it large to a bunch of young laddies in the east then pissed off 30 min before the end to hide in Middletons. They were either scared or too cold. Sappy bassas!

Mibbes Aye
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
So did you have the sectarian songs first, too?

Was that meant as a noun or a verb?

I think we should know :agree:

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Why are we fiening shock and outrage when a junior team from Ayrshire come along with a few buses of replica top/satelitte telly Huns who leave their ****-pit local pub to play at being pantomime Loyal Sons of Ulster for a day?

There's not exactly that much else to do down there.

We should leave them to their pathetic charades.

Danderhall Hibs
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
What I will say is I can't believe how worked up everyone is getting about a group of fans singing songs, they obviously doing it as a wind up and it's worked.

Exactly. All this "outrage" just encourages folk to carry it on. If we all ignored it they would soon get bored of it.

I don't know the words to these songs so struggle to get offended about them.

Hiber-nation
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Exactly. All this "outrage" just encourages folk to carry it on. If we all ignored it they would soon get bored of it.

I don't know the words to these songs so struggle to get offended about them.

Yep, fans of an Ayrshire junior team come to Easter Road and sing Rangers songs.

Wow.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Yep, fans of an Ayrshire junior team come to Easter Road and sing Rangers songs.

Wow.

Rule B, derry walls ect are not rangers songs, they are sang by rangers fans though.

Hiber-nation
09-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Rule B, derry walls ect are not rangers songs, they are sang by rangers fans though.

Aye....I sometimes forget that though :wink:

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 10:21 PM

A whole host of songs in the Hun repertoire including those two. All sung by Huns(rangers fans) which equals rangers songs:bitchy:

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
A whole host of songs in the Hun repertoire including those two. All sung by Huns(rangers fans) which equals rangers songs:bitchy:

so is it rangers fans who sing RB at the proms?

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 10:30 PM

Never knew they sang Rythm and Blues at the proms:cool2:

Www1875hfc
09-01-2010, 10:53 PM

Why do we give this plum house room. get him tae ****.

Boot him back to followfollow. k n o b

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM

There's always one.

lapsedhibee
09-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Do a bit of research first and see who had the Blue jerseys, white shorts + black/red socks first. Think you'll find we were there long before Rangers were.

Well, where is the evidence that RongersFC copied you? :dunno:

Seems that the Huns started wearing the black socks with red tops in 1915 (http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm). How long before that did you start wearing them, and what's the evidence, please? :dunno:

Cabbage East
09-01-2010, 11:00 PM
There's always one.

Aye and it's you.

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 11:01 PM

Just leave him for a while. It's always nice having a wee pet Hunster to play with:wink:

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I've no doubt that there were a lot of Rangers sympathisers in the IM support today and I've also heard that there were some people with Hearts tops on as well.

Personally I don't see any problem with them singing WATP or Rule Britannia and I heard that they also had a Union Flag confiscated, which is ridiculous if that's true. For a start, the stewards would never confiscate a Union Flag from Rangers fans and apart from anything else, whether people like it or not, it's the national flag and therefore people should be entitled to fly the flag wherever they like.

That fact might not sit too well with some people on here and they probably were brought along today in a bid to try and provoke us but that's the way it is.

Obviously there were a few renditions of other more sinister Rangers ditties from the South Stand today, such as Derry's Walls and The Billy Boys, which are a slightly different matter but on the whole there was nothing that happened today that got me too worked up.

And here's silly old me thinking the saltire was Scotland's national flag:rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Why sing them then???

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2010, 11:06 PM

The proms, thereafter the comparison ends.....

Why sing it at a football match????

Mag7
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Too many on here getting bothered about very little here IMHO. The only songs I heard their fans sing at any great volume was 'SPL yer having a laugh' and 'what a s***** home support'. They were entitled to sing both based on the Hibs display and the total lack of vocal involvement from the Hibs fans. Otherwise I spotted a couple of union jacks and that was about it. No big deal really.

blueisthecolour
09-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Why sing them then???

been covered before, would you say the same about simply the best, sunshine on leith, never walk alone, paper roses ect, all sang by football fans but they are not football songs.

Baldy Foghorn
09-01-2010, 11:16 PM
been covered before, would you say the same about simply the best, sunshine on leith, never walk alone, paper roses ect, all sang by football fans but they are not football songs.

Difference between simply the best and the others you quote, is that the other fans dont turn it into sectarian bile, like your crowd do at Ipox....

gorgie_harp
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
some of us do get worked up,true. aspecially when it is unadulterated bigotry,and that is what was coming from the away end today,but hey,it was expected as all the signs were there. same coulored tops,shorts,socks.same flags,etc.in fact ,just mini-huns.:bye:

Just ****.:agree:

hfc1875x
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM

Please, someone boot this soap dodger into touch. Get him tae!

Sir David Gray
09-01-2010, 11:39 PM
And here's silly old me thinking the saltire was Scotland's national flag:rolleyes:

Of course it is but you know what I meant. Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom and the flag of the United Kingdom is the Union Flag. Personally it's not my cup of tea but if people wish to wave the Union Flag in their own country then they have every right to do so and if the reports of the flag being confiscated are correct then I think it's totally out of order.

By the way, I said the same last year when the stewards got the Hibs fans to remove their Irish tricolour when its presence caused a bit of bother at Fir Park, just in case you think I'm on some pro-British/anti-Irish agenda.

Clearly the Union Flag (and Saltire) has more of a place at a Scottish football game than the flag of any other country but it becomes rather sad and pathetic if we're now at the stage where the sight of a national flag (ANY national flag) causes people to fly into a fit and get all worked up over it.

Pete
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Please, someone boot this soap dodger into touch. Get him tae!

Don't be daft. I think he adds to the message board positively.

It's good to have a non-biggoted huns point of view on board....which I think he most certainly is.

HIBERNIAN 1875
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Heard loud chants of "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" on Crawford Bridge after the game, very cringeworthy indeed. :yawn:

gorgie_harp
09-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Heard loud chants of "Hearts Hearts Glorious Hearts" on Crawford Bridge after the game, very cringeworthy indeed. :yawn:

How come the mini HUNS were not at Aberdeen?:rolleyes::faf::dunno:

RMG_82
10-01-2010, 04:41 AM
unbelievable, away fans singing rule britannia and billy boys walking down easter road!

Uneducated louts

Hibbyradge
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
I was utterly disgusted by the people in the away end yesterday.

On an historic occasion, when a junior team got to play an SPL team for the very first time, instead of enjoying the occasion for what it was, their "fans" spewed their poison and bile.

What hope is there for this country when bigotry is so engrained, and accepted?

rainman
10-01-2010, 08:49 AM

On an historic occasion, when a junior team got to play an SPL team for the very first time, instead of enjoying the occasion for what it was, their "fans" spewed their poison and bile.

You read about the romance of the cup but they ruined a good day out for themselves.

I've just read the the bitter posts from their resident fan on here. That's not what a glorious cup run is all about.

His main point seems to be that they are pisher than us and he has to travel to pishier grounds "that we wouldn't dream of travelling to".

Ok. :dunno:

Greenblood70
10-01-2010, 08:51 AM

The few "decent" Medda fans seem to be trotting out the usual excuses we're used to hearing from Rantic..you know the ones, "it's a minority", "yous were just as bad" etc etc.

If it looks and acts like a bigot, it's a bigot pure and simple and if I was a regular, decent IM fan I'd be pretty shame faced about yesterday. IMHO the authorities should really censure them for the sectarian chanting if they are serious about stamping out this crap.

Very poor.

Sylar
10-01-2010, 09:01 AM
The few "decent" Medda fans seem to be trotting out the usual excuses we're used to hearing from Rantic..you know the ones, "it's a minority", "yous were just as bad" etc etc.

If it looks and acts like a bigot, it's a bigot pure and simple and if I was a regular, decent IM fan I'd be pretty shame faced about yesterday. IMHO the authorities should really censure them for the sectarian chanting if they are serious about stamping out this crap.

Very poor.

I think it would pretty appalling if they were censured for their actions yesterday. Not because they're not deserving, but because it would require the same spineless performance we've grown used to from the SFA, punishing a Junior club for Sectarian singing, when Rangers and Celtic do it on a weekly basis unhindered.

EasterRoad4Ever
10-01-2010, 09:04 AM

I was speaking to a few of their fans before the game yesterday and they admitted they rarely went to games and in fact supported the Huns and Killie. I'm sure there would have been a few hundred IM fans who are genuine supporters and out to enjoy the day, but the majority were just SPL fans who highjacked the occasion. In fact I saw a couple of Yam fans I know in amongst them !

Greenblood70
10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I think it would pretty appalling if they were censured for their actions yesterday. Not because they're not deserving, but because it would require the same spineless performance we've grown used to from the SFA, punishing a Junior club for Sectarian singing, when Rangers and Celtic do it on a weekly basis unhindered.

Censure, meaning a word in their shell like about it being unacceptable, of course your right the SFA has made a rod for it's own back here by allowing Rantic the lattitude to more or less stick 2 fingers up to any sectarian chanting legislation.

It's also my opinion that many IM fans and their comittee were aware of the knuckledraggers that attach themselves to the club for bigger matches. A more careful distribution of who the tickets went to might have been prudent to prevent the situation we had yesterday. I think they could and should have done more before and during the game.

tony higgins
10-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Censure, meaning a word in their shell like about it being unacceptable, of course your right the SFA has made a rod for it's own back here by allowing Rantic the lattitude to more or less stick 2 fingers up to any anti-sectarian chanting legislation.

It's also my opinion that many IM fans and their comittee were aware of the knuckledraggers that attach themselves to the club for bigger matches. A more careful distribution of who the tickets went to might have been prudent to prevent the situation we had yesterday. I think they could and should have done more before and during the game.

Not much anybody could do with cash gates open.
Doubt the Shotts branch of their support i met on the train will rushing down to Ayrshire next week for Meadows Junior cup tie.

Greenblood70
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Not much anybody could do with cash gates open.
Doubt the Shotts branch of their support i met on the train will rushing down to Ayrshire next week for Meadows Junior cup tie.

I thought the Meadow fans were all ticket?

nonshinyfinish
10-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Yes, but it was being suggested that the majority of the away support was made up of Rangers fans, which seems a tad unlikely to me.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 10:01 AM

Yes, but they've a special relationship with the Scottish Cup, so you can forgive them for not going up to A'deen.

dennykillie
10-01-2010, 10:04 AM

As said in an earlier post, these have been the Medda's colours (including socks) since before Hibs last won the Cup!

:wink:

tony higgins
10-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I thought the Meadow fans were all ticket?

You could buy a ticket for their section yesterday at ER.
Cash gate as in you received part ticket stub going through the turnstile with your seat number on it in the upper section.

lapsedhibee
10-01-2010, 10:08 AM
As said in an earlier post, these have been the Medda's colours (including socks) since before Hibs last won the Cup!

:wink:

It's been said plenty, but it hasn't been shown. IM were formed in 1897, Hibs won the diddy cup in 1902, RongersFC wore black socks and red tops since 1915. When did IM start wearing black socks and red tops, and how do you know this (other than "all IM fans know this")?

degenerated
10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Yes, but it was being suggested that the majority of the away support was made up of Rangers fans, which seems a tad unlikely to me.

maybe it was chelsea fans :dunno:

SouthamptonHibs
10-01-2010, 10:44 AM
they shouldn't even be alllowed in the cup pears and apples different rules etc, poor old 2nd and 3rd divison clubs have got way more overheads than the jnr clubs due to the rules of the sfa, these clubs can pay better wages due to this = unfare advantage. anyway don't be shockked there all huns what do u expect when u come out of say eh postcode? huns or tics we pumped them and there oot they'll get a few quid and survive but the main question is this is it our year at last? hail hail

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Don't be daft. I think he adds to the message board positively.

It's good to have a non-biggoted huns point of view on board....which I think he most certainly is.

:agree: As do I. Some of the reaction he gets on here is similar to what you get as a Hibby on Kickback.

Brizo
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Exactly. All this "outrage" just encourages folk to carry it on. If we all ignored it they would soon get bored of it.I don't know the words to these songs so struggle to get offended about them.

The fitba authorities and Scottish media ignored it for a 100 years and the bigots didnt get bored with it :wink:. It took UEFA to get involved for the authorities and media do anymore than pay lip service to the problem.

Having relatives in Muirkirk Ayrshire I wasnt at all surprised at the IM "fans" malarkey , its ingrained through there. Im sure there proper fans who attend the games week in week out are decent enough sorts but no surprise that a huns (with the bus fares for ER) element tagged on.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2010, 01:21 PM
The fitba authorities and Scottish media ignored it for a 100 years and the bigots didnt get bored with it :wink:. It took UEFA to get involved for the authorities and media do anymore than pay lip service to the problem.

The mock outrage fuels the fire though.

steviehfc
10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
There's always one.Yeah, and you're it ya tool.

Grant-
10-01-2010, 02:43 PM
mission accomplished haha, clearly got yous wound up

im a Rangers fan that stays in Irvine so therefore why shouldn't i support my local team? expecially when there playin yous

yous defo loved derrys walls haha

steviehfc
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM

im a Rangers fan that stays in Irvine so therefore why shouldn't i support my local team? expecially when there playin yous

yous defo loved derrys walls hahaSectarian Knuckle draggers like you are what keeps Scotland in the dark ages. It is also the reason the EPL wouldn't touch you lot or your fellow weegie bigots with a bargepole...so well done ya trumpet.:bye: :asshole:

Grant-
10-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Sectarian Knuckle draggers like you are what keeps Scotland in the dark ages. It is also the reason the EPL wouldn't touch you lot or your fellow weegie bigots with a bargepole...so well done ya trumpet.:bye: :asshole:

thanks :wink:, and there is some decent meadow fans, the guy behind me was goin nuts because we were singin they songs, i will admit, it wasnt a minority, it was a majority, but there were some decent people

givescotlandfreedom
10-01-2010, 02:56 PM
thanks :wink:, and there is some decent meadow fans, the guy behind me was goin nuts because we were singin they songs, i will admit, it wasnt a minority, it was a majority, but there were some decent people

There are decent people then there are Huns...

Leith Green
10-01-2010, 02:57 PM

You are missing the point then...

Do you go to the "big" Linlithgow rose matches with a crowd of your mates singing Hibs songs???

Basically these erseholes hijacked that wee teams big day out and are complete phannies for doing so, nobody would deny that the people of Irvine should come through and support Irvine Meadow, but how exactly does that involve singing ****my hun songs??

We played Rangers 27th dec and play them againg on Feb 14th, not yesterday..

Leith Green
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Were you at Hamilton today? or Easter Road on the 27th Dec??

Rangers don't do decent fans either by the way!!

steviehfc
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
thanks :wink:, and there is some decent meadow fans, the guy behind me was goin nuts because we were singin they songs, i will admit, it wasnt a minority, it was a majority, but there were some decent peopleSo by your own admission you aren't a decent person, what a total fud you are. Should your username not be grunt, it is probably all you are capable of..now away back to bed with your sister eh.:yawn:

Ed De Gramo
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
So by your own admission you aren't a decent person, what a total fud you are. Should your username not be grunt, it is probably all you are capable of..now away back to bed with your sister eh.:yawn:

Now now thats wrong...

Thinking more along 'the mother' line....they are smelly weegies after all

PISTOL1875
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Too many on here getting bothered about very little here IMHO. The only songs I heard their fans sing at any great volume was 'SPL yer having a laugh' and 'what a s***** home support'. They were entitled to sing both based on the Hibs display and the total lack of vocal involvement from the Hibs fans. Otherwise I spotted a couple of union jacks and that was about it. No big deal really.

Didn't you hear them signing '' Derry's wall and We are the people '' ??

jackieboy
10-01-2010, 04:02 PM
We are not a sectarian club never have been never will be. We got infiltrated by Rangers/Hearts CLOWNS never ever heard a sectarian shout or chant at a Medda game in my lifetme JP getting booed THATS A LOTTA PISH

Oscar Lomax
10-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I know a jambo who went along today and sat near some Meadow fans who were giving the huns dogs abuse. They expected it to happen though. Look at some of the halfwits that come along when we get to Cup Finals.

Exactly. The atmosphere after the cup final v Livingston was vile. Supposed Hibs fans threatning fellow fans, it was not nice, most off which I have never seen before in my life. If you go to away games like I have for many years, you recognise supporters and nod to them, although not really knowing them. Its like a family. During the 2007 final I met a few school pals who Id not seen for years and they supported any team bar Hibs!
Obviously a glamour tie / cup final, brings out people who have no real affection for the club and just want to be part off the in crowd so to speak.

tony higgins
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Exactly. The atmosphere after the cup final v Livingston was vile. Supposed Hibs fans threatning fellow fans, it was not nice, most off which I have never seen before in my life. If you go to away games like I have for many years, you recognise supporters and nod to them, although not really knowing them. Its like a family. During the 2007 final I met a few school pals who Id not seen for years and they supported any team bar Hibs!
Obviously a glamour tie / cup final, brings out people who have no real affection for the club and just want to be part off the in crowd so to speak.

Correct, i still see folk at away games that were going nearly 40 years ago.

fiolex1
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Looks like you had more fans at ER than did against Hamilton

MSK
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Obviously a glamour tie / cup final, brings out people who have no real affection for the club and just want to be part off the in crowd so to speak.The atmosphere during it wasnt much better ..i witnessed a pissed tae the eyeballs hibby wanting tae square go hibbies around him because they wouldnt sing ...!!! ..i witnessed a grown man wanting to take a woman out side for a fight because she dared speak back to him ..!! ..certainly the most vile ive ever witnessed as a hibbie...the whole place around me seemed ready to erupt at any time ..unbelievable..more unbelievable because we all support the same team !!

whiskyhibby
10-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Aye True Class..............................

:bye::bye::bye:

greenlex
10-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Quick question folks. Are we all Huns when we sing "We arra peepil" or are we on the wind up? :confused:

The_Todd
10-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Anyone else seeing the faulty logic at work here?

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 07:56 PM

yous defo loved derrys walls haha

Question: are you really quite as mentally challenged as you appear, or are you on a wind up? If it's the latter, then congratulations, it's a far more effective one than Saturday's effort.

If you actually are as mentally challenged as you seem, I unreservedly apologise for the offensive nature of this post.

SunshineOnLeith
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Pity all the day trippers in the Irvine Meadow end who were 'supporting their local team' don't quite follow through on that sentiment when choosing their senior team, or Kilmarnock would probably be in much better shape than they are!

Frazerbob
11-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Interesting to see several "Red Hands" on display before the match and interesting to see the police remove them. This begs the question:

Why did the police not remove the same flags from the Hearts and Rangers support the previous two weeks?

Joe Baker II
11-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Totally agree, though would mention that fact a lot of Hibs fans did get worked up (as illustated by this thread) added to atmosphere on Saturday. Derry's Walls is not sinister or sectarian btw, the Billy Boys (did not hear this and I was close to IM fans at top of East Stand but I could have been) arguably is I do admit although some would argue otherwise. Also heard Hibees are gay song btw!

Joe Baker II
11-01-2010, 09:01 AM
A more careful distribution of who the tickets went to might have been prudent to prevent the situation we had yesterday. I think they could and should have done more before and during the game.

Are you seriously saying Hibs should make access to ER harder and cost us money as a result because a few mindless Hibs fans get worked up by songs sung by away fans of a team unlikely to play at ER again.

Joe Baker II
11-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I was speaking to a few of their fans before the game yesterday and they admitted they rarely went to games and in fact supported the Huns and Killie. I'm sure there would have been a few hundred IM fans who are genuine supporters and out to enjoy the day, but the majority were just SPL fans who highjacked the occasion. In fact I saw a couple of Yam fans I know in amongst them !

The tone of your posts suggests there is something wrong with these people. I am thinking of going to Edinburgh City v Montrose this week -you seem to be implying that if I do so I will be a SPL hijacker. The Scottish game cannot turn down supporters whatever their motivation for attending.

Dashing Bob S
11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
The tone of your posts suggests there is something wrong with these people. I am thinking of going to Edinburgh City v Montrose this week -you seem to be implying that if I do so I will be a SPL hijacker. The Scottish game cannot turn down supporters whatever their motivation for attending.

Yams can come along to our cup games anytime they like. They don't mind swelling our coffers as they only ever owe money to themselves, so can afford to attend as many games as they like. That they choose to not actually go to Tynecastle means that they have more intelligence than most of us gave them credit for.

lapsedhibee
11-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Yams can come along to our cup games anytime they like. They don't mind swelling our coffers as they only ever owe money to themselves, so can afford to attend as many games as they like. That they choose to not actually go to Tynecastle means that they have more intelligence than most of us gave them credit for.

Beg to differ. If a yam did have any intelligence, he might have chosen to be at Tynecastle on Saturday - it would have been a relatively pleasant experience compared with most previous visits there this season.

Brizo
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Difference being I wouldnt expect you to pitch up there and start blasting out the Embra Song , Mercer song or any other unsavoury ditties associated with HFC.

Its not the day trippers most people on here are objecting to , its the sectarian baggage they brought with them. And if theyre sole motivation was to have a day out baiting who they in their ignorance view as the mini taigs :wink: we and equally importantly the genuine IM fans who travelled through could have done without them , financial benefits or not .... imo

marinello59
11-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Are you seriously saying Hibs should make access to ER harder and cost us money as a result because a few mindless Hibs fans get worked up by songs sung by away fans of a team unlikely to play at ER again.

So Hibs fans who disagree with you are mindless? No need for that comment.

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2010, 01:31 PM

You are calling Hibs fans mindless, if they dare to dislike signing of sectarian songs at ER from opposing fans.....:confused::confused:

Very strange indeed:grr:

capitals_finest
11-01-2010, 02:01 PM
The thing that annoyed me most about saturday was our piss poor response to these muppets. The only song we could think up was 'go home ya huns'???:yawn: I m partly to blame as i could have made more of an effort too but as a whole we could have backed the team more and gave them some decent abuse (non sectarian stuff). Thats one positive thing i can say though we didn't drop to their level of patheticness by responding in a sectarian way we just did nothing.

Also, i know this is maybe a no go area on .net but there were clearly rangers casuals in there end what happened to the hibs mob on saturday?

blueisthecolour
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
The thing that annoyed me most about saturday was our piss poor response to these muppets. The only song we could think up was 'go home ya huns'???:yawn: I m partly to blame as i could have made more of an effort too but as a whole we could have backed the team more and gave them some decent abuse (non sectarian stuff). Thats one positive thing i can say though we didn't drop to their level of patheticness by responding in a sectarian way we just did nothing.

Also, i know this is maybe a no go area on .net but there were clearly rangers casuals in there end what happened to the hibs mob on saturday?

:faf: They couldn't fight sleep

andrew70
11-01-2010, 02:28 PM

The two main boys were the ones who were lifted very early on in the 2nd half. They weren't stupid young laddies either! not that they bothered to get in touch with any hibees

Rory89
11-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Why do Hibs fans boo when huns sing Rule Brittania, Derry's Walls etc? I just look at them and laugh, they're looking for a response and dafties fall for it every time. Whether it's a hun from Irvine on hibs.net or a crowd at a football game you can always rely on Hibs fans to catch the bait.

Done lads.