PDA

View Full Version : Am I in the minority in thinking Liam Miller is overated by us .netters

MussyHibby
09-01-2010, 05:40 PM
Week in week out people tell me how good this guy is. I am a ST holder, I see him most weeks and I saw him again today. I am yet to be convinced.

Over the festive period everybody, with the exception of a small number, told me it was me and that he was quality. I began to believe them, after all it must be me, however his performance against Rangers, Hearts and again today rank well short of how good people tell me he is.

He had a fair amount of possession today, can anybody tell me how many times he passed the ball forward, how many times he sent a piercing through ball to split their defence? I lost count how many times he passed the ball sideways or backwards. Let's face it today he was up against plumbers, plasterers, painters etc and it wasn't good enough. For me, that was on the back of lacklustre performances the previous 2 weeks! In my opinion, he aint been that great since he joined us.

Not a witchunt, just trying to relay my opinion when I feel some people have him as a worldbeater, he aint - yet!

PC Stamp
09-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Week in week out people tell me how good this guy is. I am a ST holder, I see him most weeks and I saw him again today. I am yet to be convinced.

Over the festive period everybody, with the exception of a small number, told me it was me and that he was quality. I began to believe them, after all it must be me, however his performance against Rangers, Hearts and again today rank well short of how good people tell me he is.

He had a fair amount of possession today, can anybody tell me how many times he passed the ball forward, how many times he sent a piercing through ball to split their defence? I lost count how many times he passed the ball sideways or backwards. Let's face it today he was up against plumbers, plasterers, painters etc and it wasn't good enough. For me, that was on the back of lacklustre performances the previous 2 weeks! In my opinion, he aint been that great since he joined us.

Not a witchunt, just trying to relay my opinion when I feel some people have him as a worldbeater, he aint - yet!

Though who has been great over the last 3 games W. ?

Hibernian Verse
09-01-2010, 05:44 PM
He was like Barry Ferguson today, playing the ball mostly sideways or backwards. That's fine in an SPL game, but not fine when I needed 5 goals from us! :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I needed minimum 5 for all my bets as well so was getting frustrated with him today. Everyone was playing square balls. Poor stuff. Miller has bn poor the lst 3 games, outstanding before that tho :agree:

PaulSmith
09-01-2010, 06:17 PM

One of the very few players in the SPL who can control a ball, play with his head up, find space, pass to someone in the same team and doesn't run about like a headless chicken.

Petrie's Tache
09-01-2010, 06:19 PM
He is trying to play and cover for the Rank one. Once mcbride is back he will get back to playing the way he did at the start of the season, the two complement each other IMO.

Jim44
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
"Am I in the minority in thinking Liam Miller is overated by us .netters"

Yes, very much so.

Malthibby
09-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Think he is wonderful, personally, but he is struggling a little in a team which is failing to gel at the moment.
When we do click, & I believe that we will, Miller will be the fulcrum wotsit.
GG

MussyHibby
09-01-2010, 06:26 PM

Yes, very much so.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, aye very constructive, cheers!

In the way we overrate Miller, we hammer Rankin - not fair! Rankin was no worse or better than Miller today!

Woody1985
09-01-2010, 06:27 PM
He was forced to hold onto the ball because there was no movement in front of him to create space for a pass. That's why he struggled.

Oh, and if the guy who was sitting behind me in S 216 is a ST holder and I was in someones regular seat then nae ****ing luck.

What a slavering **** that guy is. Criticised every single thing any player done. Admittedly, we were ***** but he was even going on and on and on when we were 3 nil up and the game was dead.

Hiber-nation
09-01-2010, 06:32 PM
He was forced to hold onto the ball because there was no movement in front of him to create space for a pass. That's why he struggled.

Exactly. I'll admit he should have done far more today but its the same most weeks, not enough movement ahead of him.

As for comparing Rankin to him, I'm lost for words.

Hibby Bairn
09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes you are in the monority.

hibsdaft
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
tbh it sounds like yr judging him on the wrong terms. his job when he has the ball isn't to be the creative spark, its about being tidy with possession

i also think he does better alongside mcbride than rankin. mcbride and miller both play the game at the same tempo whereas rankin is all over the shop running about and is never as composed and ready to recieve the ball as mcbride.

miller and mcbride are a great pairing imo.

Winston Ingram
09-01-2010, 06:36 PM

Yes, very much so.

I think he is as well:agree:

Jim44
09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, aye very constructive, cheers!

In the way we overrate Miller, we hammer Rankin - not fair! Rankin was no worse or better than Miller today!

I don't know why you're offended. You asked a simple question and you got a succinct, truthful answer.

whiskyhibby
09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Short answer -YES you are in a minority

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 06:54 PM
One of the very few players in the SPL who can control a ball, play with his head up, find space, pass to someone in the same team and doesn't run about like a headless chicken:agree:.

He was forced to hold onto the ball because there was no movement in front of him to create space for a pass.:agree: That's why he struggled.

Oh, and if the guy who was sitting behind me in S 216 is a ST holder and I was in someones regular seat then nae ****ing luck.

What a slavering **** that guy is. Criticised every single thing any player done. Admittedly, we were ***** but he was even going on and on and on when we were 3 nil up and the game was dead.

Liam would be sorely missed in our Midfield and the bits in bold above are the reasons why:wink:

MussyHibby
09-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't know why you're offended. You asked a simple question and you got a succinct, truthful answer.

It wasn't a question, there was no ?

It was a rhetorical question - I didn't expect an answer to it, more a debate or a convincing and I've received neither.

The trend for the majority is to take a player and make him into what he's not and vice versa on a negative note, i.e Rankin. I remeber the drivel about Bamba a while ago, one or two voices and the herd follows, that's what I see with Miller. Bamba has and always will be in my opinion a tremendous asset to Hibs. He's proven, to me Miller has a long way to go.

MSK
09-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Not a witchunt, just trying to relay my opinion when I feel some people have him as a worldbeater, he aint - yet!What options did he have today ..?...to be honest ...Deeks out wide i dont like ..Stokes seemed to be on another planet & Nish spent 80 odd minutes snogging the Irvine Meadow CH ..:confused:

sleeping giant
09-01-2010, 07:01 PM

It looks like you are !:greengrin

MussyHibby
09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
What options did he have today ..?...to be honest ...Deeks out wide i dont like ..Stokes seemed to be on another planet & Nish spent 80 odd minutes snogging the Irvine Meadow CH ..:confused:

A player of his "class" should make chances. Through balls for forwards to run on to instead of playing to other midfilders or our full backs. Waht about an occasional "dink" over the top, something to go at?

It's not just him, I just can't see what most others see in LM.

ancient hibee
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM
His standard of play has fallen over the last few games.He made a lot of hospital passes today which could have caused an injury.

MussyHibby
09-01-2010, 07:03 PM

The "real" fans will back me up shortly!:wink:

The ones who understand the game, the ones who just have a wee apperitif post match! :agree:

sleeping giant
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM

The ones who understand the game, the ones who just have a wee apperitif post match! :agree:

Lost me there mate.

"Real fans":confused:

I'm the realist fan there is:greengrin

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 07:05 PM
A player of his "class" should make chances. Through balls for forwards to run on to instead of playing to other midfilders or our full backs. Waht about an occasional "dink" over the top, something to go at?

Most of the times our whole midfield had a chance to play forward, our strikers had wandered offside. Liam and most of the midfield have had a sticky patch for the last 3 games but he's the real deal for me.

Opinions eh:thumbsup:

MSK
09-01-2010, 07:11 PM

It's not just him, I just can't see what most others see in LM.I know what you are saying mate but look at the team as a whole ..Zemmama ..bottled it, frightened to take anyone on...Rankin ..a lot of running but absolutley nowt positive ..Nish ..as explained above ..Riordan as explained above ..Stokes ..as explained above..

Look at the full backs ..Hanlon ..attacked ..no options passed back ..Wotherspoon ..attacked ..no options ..passed back ..

Long ball to Nish ..wtf ..he couldnt jump even if he had springs attached !!!

At times we were pretty clueless & tbh the level we lowered ourselves to was pretty embarrasing..3rd top SPL V Juniors ..:rolleyes:

Jim44
09-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Putting yourself out on a limb, MussyHibby, starting up the holier than thou chestnut. :greengrin

Spike Mandela
09-01-2010, 07:25 PM

You may be in the minority but I can confirm you are not alone. I am glad we signed him but have still to spot the outstanding contribution he has made to the team that others rave about.

Other teams still seem to outplay us in the midfield (including the Medda in patches today) which was an issue for us last year. This year our midfield has been better with McBride in it and at the moment I think we miss him more than we would Miller. Once we get McBride back though we may see the best of Miller but still feel the midfield needs strengthehed. IMO

fife hfc
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I like miller but feel we need a more forward thinking midfielder in beside him to get the best out of him. He did have one of his poorer games today but was by no means anywhere near our worst player on the pitch.

Andy74
09-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Miller is top class. He might need a wee rest though as Hughes wanted to rest him weeks ago but couldn't. There's a danger we'll just get used to him doing the easy things very well, a bit like boozy did and we'll be constantly looking for something more flashy before we decide he's had a good game.

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 07:57 PM

Oh, I see, you're one of these fabled Uberfans, that's why your belly-rumblings seem like such nonsense to us mere mortals.

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Miller imho is quality, he plays it easy, he gets round the park well, and he tackles well. He might not have had the best of time recently, but he will come good again. Plus with the team getting new players, they should be better than the ones they have been brought to replace. This should strengthen the team, lets be honest, a midfield of rankin and riordan would weaken most teams, and zemamma is not the best at helping out. McBrides return, and wotherspoon moving forward if we get a right back will help us too. He's quality, quality we need and i certainly hope we keep.

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Miller is top class. He might need a wee rest though as Hughes wanted to rest him weeks ago but couldn't.
Miller is top class.

But today was a golden opportunity to rest him and give someone else a chance. :grr:

Mibbes Aye
09-01-2010, 08:10 PM
First game in a number of weeks today. Miller made unforced errors but seeing him was a reminder for me of how he is a class above practically all his teammates. Simply a far superior player technically IMO.

McBride coming back will make a big difference though. I probaby fall into the camp that appreciates Rankin, but McBride's performances early in the season were tremendous and gave a foundation that allowed Miller to play higher and more dangerously, in an attacking sense.

lEXO
09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Millers turn this week i see. Overrated by who as a matter of interest?

steakbake
09-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Easy response - yes.

The whole team made hard work of it today. Can't see how that makes Miller overrated.

algraydog
09-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Yes you're in the minority. He oozes class

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
I thought Yogi would have given Liam a day off today and played Paddy Cregg instead.

Having said that, I think Miller is a class player and I hope he stays at Hibs for a long time.

Thought Cregg looked good when he came on today.

Speedway
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
He is trying to play and cover for the Rank one. Once mcbride is back he will get back to playing the way he did at the start of the season, the two complement each other IMO.

Yes you're in the minority. He oozes class

Spot on IMO.

Jonnyboy
09-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Spot on IMO.

And mine :agree:

blackhibee
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
It wasn't a question, there was no ?

It was a rhetorical question - I didn't expect an answer to it, more a debate or a convincing and I've received neither.

The trend for the majority is to take a player and make him into what he's not and vice versa on a negative note, i.e Rankin. I remeber the drivel about Bamba a while ago, one or two voices and the herd follows, that's what I see with Miller. Bamba has and always will be in my opinion a tremendous asset to Hibs. He's proven, to me Miller has a long way to go.

It's good to have an opinion, after all that's what this board is all about, but if you look at the example you've chosen,Bamba. He IS an asset to Hibs,of that there is no doubt, but when he first signed he was sent off (twice I think), has put in plenty of late,juicy tackles, and sometimes the occasional hospital pass. But I'd still have him for the positive things he does on the pitch which far outweigh the negatives. To me Miller has far more positives than negatives, and has been at the club a much shorter period of time. This Hibs team is possibly overperforming in what was expected of it at the start of the season, and if it strengthens further you may well see what you regard as an improvement in Miller's play. But you are right about having opinions, after all plenty of people on here think Hogg's a great centre half. I don't.

Capt Mainwaring
10-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Am I in the minority in thinking Liam Miller is overated by us .netters
!

Most definately

marleyhib
10-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Liam Miller is absolute class, total composure on the ball.

He is hindered by the rest of our weak midfield and ihmo Rankin who is average at best.

Hibs really need someone with a bit of dig in midfield, we look too lightweight - if Miller had a few more options and more support we really benefit from his class.

Oh for a Matty Jack.

Hakim Sar
10-01-2010, 12:59 AM
I appreciate we are all here to give opinions but I am gobsmacked at some of the stuff on here.

I'm not going to go all OTT about miller but if u look at my post after last week I had it between miller and murray for MOTM and that was in a game where we insisted on punting up to stokes and bypassing any midfield structure for last half hour.

Totally agree about miller having little infront of him so has to go sideways, but I get the feeling that the usual hard to please hibbies would moan at him going sideways (keeping the ball) and then moan at him for trying to be too clever and conceding possession.

I'm gobsmacked as well at the post suggesting he should have 'dinked' the ball up top more often when a team like Irvine meadow sit a yard or two deeper to stop faster fitter players having space in behind.

And before anyone suggests - I care nothing for
Millers reputation.... so long as he performs for hibs that's all that matters.

gorgie_harp
10-01-2010, 01:08 AM

Sorry but.uck me:faf:

ANDY McGEECHAN
10-01-2010, 05:39 AM

To answer your original question, yes you are in the minority.

Expecting Rain
10-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I think Miller is absolute class and on a day when a lot of players were struggling to control the ball he was on a different level, no matter how many blue shirts surrounded him he was unfazed and did what he wanted to do, when watching as a spectator with a panoramic view of the pitch you can still not guess what he is going to do, must be murder playing against him, sometimes he is handicapped by some of the not so good ( diplomacy ) players around him. How he didn`t get the man of the match was beyond belief.

Borders Hibby
10-01-2010, 09:08 AM

Yes you are.

GreenOnions
10-01-2010, 09:22 AM
I don't agree with the OP in any way although I do understand the concern about us conceding possession in midfield.

I haven't got to any games myself since the beginning of December but, prior to that, despite the media often raving about others I often felt that Miller was our man of the match. I have also been extremely impressed with his work rate in closing down and covering an area where the opposition often have more players than us.

I think the key issue is exactly that - most other teams will have more players operating in the central area of midfield.

In the past - and in particular under Mowbray - we played with three central midfielders in a kind of 4-5-1 / 4-3-3. This gave us much more possession of the ball -especially with the quality we had in the middle - Thomson, Beuzelin, Stewart, Brown.

Now we play much more a 4-4-2 / 4-2-4. With two wide players in midfield it makes it much harder for the central two. It does give us a lot of width though and allows us to pose more of an attacking threat.

I think that our formation asks for a completely different type of performance from our midfield two than Mowbray's did from his central three. Miller and McBride/Rankin are asked to cover a lot more ground and do a lot of chasing and harrying. They will also have less time on the ball and need to move it on more quickly.Perhaps a less glamourous role but I feel that Miller has looked a class above on most occasions I've seen him this season and his attitude has been superb.

Hibbyradge
10-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Oh dear.

Hibs7
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I thought Yogi would have given Liam a day off today and played Paddy Cregg instead

Thought Cregg looked good when he came on today.

I also wanted Cregg to get a game but today he did nothing. short passes in midfield, crowding out other Hibs players at one stage there were 3 of them in a 10 yard area and we hd the ball, he did nothing today that would warrant another contract, but then again neither did Nish, Stokes, Rankin, Hogg, Hanlon, Zemamma, MOM for me Ian Murray, we need to stop this 4 strikers carry on, teams have us sussed, I would like a new Centre half and Right back, then we can mve Murray back to left back and Wotherspoon to right mid, dropping anyone from Zemamma, Nish, and even Deeks, Stokes stays as i think better service to him will result in him continueing to score goals.

sleeping giant
10-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Kinda hoping you are going to clarify this TBH Mussy !

What do you mean ?

MussyHibby
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Kinda hoping you are going to clarify this TBH Mussy !

What do you mean ?

Very much tongue in cheek mate, not many agree with me so I'm wrong on that one too! Oh well, I guess it's all about opinions.

To the people who have responded, I disagree with you but thanks anyway. I just wish some read the whole post.............hey ho!

Tyler Durden
10-01-2010, 01:44 PM

I can't be bothered reading all the other replies, but if you're looking for an example of that then see the ball he played in the last minute over the top for Stokes. Which Stokes proceeded to run right into the keeper.

To suggest he merely keeps the ball (what a crime that would be) rather than creates chances is just wrong. He's laid several chances on a plate this season and has a few assists.

You are in the minority and if you can't see what Miller brings to the team I despair. Since he started his first game we've lost just 2 games (1 in SPL) - is that a coincidence? No I think not.

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Think he is wonderful, personally, but he is struggling a little in a team which is failing to gel at the moment.
When we do click, & I believe that we will, Miller will be the fulcrum wotsit.
GG

have to say Im getting a bit impatient waiting for us to click been hearing this all season,also the when our strikers click we will score a barrowload of goals against somebody,getting a bit fed up of that one I must say

PaulSmith
10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
have to say Im getting a bit impatient waiting for us to click been hearing this all season,also the when our strikers click we will score a barrowload of goals against somebody,getting a bit fed up of that one I must say

I'm getting fed up of not getting beat myself...:wink:

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Im pleased were not getting beat but were hardly setting the heather on fire.

Danderhall Hibs
10-01-2010, 02:26 PM

Agreed. I think I'm right in saying we've only scored 3 goals in a game twice this season - and one of those was against a junior side.

We're doing well not to lose but we've only played in fits and starts.

hibee_patty
10-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Might get slated for saying this but most of our players like Riordan,Stokes, Zemmama and Miller are all very good footballers and have that spark that can win you games and excite fans. The problem is they are too inconsistent but they might do one thing in a game and we all rave about them. Not doubting their ability just my opinion:wink:

Speedy
10-01-2010, 03:50 PM

I thought he was one of our best players against Hearts :confused:

libernian
10-01-2010, 03:54 PM
like him, but agree with op. overrated when i've seen him compared to the reviews on here. seem to remember a poll between him and scott brown when he was at hibs...:faf::faf: not even close

basehibby
10-01-2010, 07:02 PM
To the OP - YES - you are in the minority. I'll concede that his form has dipped a wee bit over the last few games, but he has still been our best central midfielder. Prior to the last few matches he has been consistently good and nothing short of excellent on a number of occasions.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2010, 07:16 PM

As i have said before, Yogi has had less than 20 games to convert last seasons pish, into a team that A does not lose many games. B does not lose many goals. And C does play a bit better football, or at least tries to play football better than under Mixu. Couple that with his new signings, and the emergence of Wotherspoon, i personally think we are doing great.

How many would not have accepted our position in the league, and through to the 5th round of the cup, with another home tie against weaker opposition, this time last season?

If we were setting the heather on fire, we'd have nowt to moan about, :devil: Yogi's job would have been done, and he's be off to burnley.:wink:

Progress, its all we want.:thumbsup:

Silver Fox
10-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes I think you are, LM is excellent and even better when playing with a fit Kevin McBride.

hibsbollah
10-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Interesting interview with Roy Keane after the Ipswich game today, was saying that his biggest mistake at Sunderland was to buy too many players of similar ability levels who couldnt all play week in week out, which (he said) resulted in an unhappy camp. A good chance this is what happened to Miller and Stokes.

Miller is premiership quality, and I really can't believe we've got him.

Mikey_1875
10-01-2010, 08:41 PM
You only need to look at his cm partner the last 'poor' 3 games and his partner before that to spot what the problem is.

Geo_1875
10-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Yes I think you are, LM is excellent and even better when playing with a fit Kevin McBride.

Totally agree with this. When McBride plays Miller can be more forward thinking and looks a far superior player.

Another poster mentioned Barry Ferguson and I see a comparison in that The Crab may not have been the most exciting player in the world but he was difficult to dispossess and rarely wasted a ball.

Also a few posters are saying "Games I have seen him play...". Well I've missed 1 game this season and I can assure you he is not overrated.

goosano
10-01-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't believe some of these posts

He stands out head and shoulders above most of the rest of the team.

He has great ball control, always finds space to make himself available, tackles well, chases back, is a leader, rarely wastes a ball.

Maybe he doesn't do the tricks and flicks that some do but like Wotherspoon and Murray he exudes class and just gets on with the job. I just wish we had 11 players who could quietly get on with the job like he does

Booked4Being-Ugly
10-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Interesting interview with Roy Keane after the Ipswich game today, was saying that his biggest mistake at Sunderland was to buy too many players of similar ability levels who couldnt all play week in week out, which (he said) resulted in an unhappy camp. A good chance this is what happened to Miller and Stokes.

Miller is premiership quality, and I really can't believe we've got him.

I can't believe some of these posts

He stands out head and shoulders above most of the rest of the team.

He has great ball control, always finds space to make himself available, tackles well, chases back, is a leader, rarely wastes a ball.

Maybe he doesn't do the tricks and flicks that some do but like Wotherspoon and Murray he exudes class and just gets on with the job. I just wish we had 11 players who could quietly get on with the job like he does :top marks

Hibs Spain
10-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Exactly. I'll admit he should have done far more today but its the same most weeks, not enough movement ahead of him.

As for comparing Rankin to him, I'm lost for words.

Our movement off the ball is poor in general.It's not a difficult thing to sort out.You would hope the manager sees it too.

Capt Mainwaring
10-01-2010, 09:49 PM
As i have said before, Yogi has had less than 20 games to convert last seasons pish, into a team that A does not lose many games. B does not lose many goals. And C does play a bit better football, or at least tries to play football better than under Mixu. Couple that with his new signings, and the emergence of Wotherspoon, i personally think we are doing great.

How many would not have accepted our position in the league, and through to the 5th round of the cup, with another home tie against weaker opposition, this time last season?

If we were setting the heather on fire, we'd have nowt to moan about, :devil: Yogi's job would have been done, and he's be off to burnley.:wink:

Progress, its all we want.:thumbsup:

Good point - well made Blackpool. Some people on here need a reality check and start to appreciate how far Yogi's Work in progress has come in less than a year.

Perhaps a list of of other midfielders signed or played over the lasted few years help focus the mind on how people rate Liam Miller. FFS I've just about blanked the like of Ross Chisholm from my memory!

PPZPOL
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone who watches Liam Miller and thinks "this guy isn't that good" needs to take a step back and just watch his touch, movement, awareness of what's going on around him, his strength to keep a hold of the ball, his balance etc etc. He's got it all.

Am I in the minority who thinks guys like this won't stick about too long when people turn on him for not dribbling around 10 men and smashing it into the top corner? I'm not surprised so many players have left ER, we talk about how we know a player and give players a chance to play but turn on them for no reason. Suppose it happens at every club but for the club to move forward we need to keep guys like Liam Miller and keep adding to the squad with a similar calibre of player.

Mikeystewart
11-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I think he does no bad for a guy playing in a 2 man midfeild with a player half his calibre beside him.

number 27
11-01-2010, 10:31 AM
He has been excellent :agree: but in typical Hibs fashion I am not totally happy. I do wish he could start games the way he finishes them. It always appears to me that his first few touches are poor and it takes him 15-20 minutes to get into the game.

MussyHibby
11-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Anyone who watches Liam Miller and thinks "this guy isn't that good" needs to take a step back and just watch his touch, movement, awareness of what's going on around him, his strength to keep a hold of the ball, his balance etc etc. He's got it all.

Am I in the minority who thinks guys like this won't stick about too long when people turn on him for not dribbling around 10 men and smashing it into the top corner? I'm not surprised so many players have left ER, we talk about how we know a player and give players a chance to play but turn on them for no reason. Suppose it happens at every club but for the club to move forward we need to keep guys like Liam Miller and keep adding to the squad with a similar calibre of player.

You and others should read the post ffs!!!!:confused:

I never once said he was "no good". Never once said he wouldn't be in my starting 11, never once criticised him, never once said he was a bad signing. As can be the norm' on here, we have a tendency to overdo it - that's all!

As for the comments around "despair" - read the ****in post!:agree:

Steve20
11-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Liam Miller is class. I can't believe anyone, that has seen him this season, would think otherwise.

PPZPOL
11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
ok I'll rephrase my post from "anyone who thinks Liam Miller is no good" to "anyone who is not convinced in him" then.

The point I made still stands.

lEXO
11-01-2010, 11:09 AM
You and others should read the post ffs!!!!:confused:

I never once said he was "no good". Never once said he wouldn't be in my starting 11, never once criticised him, never once said he was a bad signing. As can be the norm' on here, we have a tendency to overdo it - that's all!

As for the comments around "despair" - read the ****in post!:agree:
Read your post again and nowhere did you say that he was any of the above.You did however state that he was over rated, and the majority of the replies have argued against that,and they have backed that up with their reasons.If you are going to post that a player of Millers class is over rated,the chances are people are going to argue against it.
As for the tendency to overdo it on here being the norm, i would agree.It,s just that the norm for over doing it as i see it is usually having a go at our players.Maka, Nish,Hogg,Rankin,Stack, etc have all been slated so far this season,some of it well OTT.We then get a signing of quality like Miller to our squad and within our budget and you think he,s over rated.Who,s over doing it FFS.

Phil MaGlass
11-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Good point - well made Blackpool. Some people on here need a reality check and start to appreciate how far Yogi's Work in progress has come in less than a year.

Perhaps a list of of other midfielders signed or played over the lasted few years help focus the mind on how people rate Liam Miller. FFS I've just about blanked the like of Ross Chisholm from my memory!

Not surprising, folk on here attacking others points of view,reality check,get real,erse,helmet..list is endless is what alot of posters on here come out with when not agreeing with another point of view.We do realise what Yogi has done and he is building a team,but just because you dont agree with other posters you dont have to start telling them to get real,different points of view thats all.
Oh aye also the "must be a yam " brigade need to get a grip.

lEXO
11-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Not surprising, folk on here attacking others points of view,reality check,get real,erse,helmet..list is endless is what alot of posters on here come out with when not agreeing with another point of view.We do realise what Yogi has done and he is building a team,but just because you dont agree with other posters you dont have to start telling them to get real,different points of view thats all.
Oh aye also the "must be a yam " brigade need to get a grip.
Nobody has called the guy an erse,helmet etc,just gave their view on Miller.As for the must be a yam, nobody has said that either.The majority have said that Miller isnt over rated and defending a Hibs player isnt wrong.You should maybe have posted this on a thread where people have done the things you have listed, as there are plenty that could do with it.

3pm
11-01-2010, 12:28 PM
He doesn't do enough for me. Anyone can see he has the quality but he drifts out of games too much for me.

rightwinger
11-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Like the whole team bar Stokes, Miller's having a dip in form right now.

Overall, he's been a great signing and, even in his poorer days, can give us a bit of subtlety and class that's so rare in the SPL (OF included).

I don't agree with the criticism Rankin takes either. It's not easy for Miller and Rankin being in the middle with Riordan and Zemmama either side of you. They don't defend and attack by themselves. Flair players and matchwinners of course, but they take some indulging and its Miller and Rankin that are paying the price.

Miller's a potential playmaker and Rankin can score and create too (as we saw in the squiggler game when Thicot and Bamba in centre midfield did all the graft). With luxury wide players, however, Miller and Rankin are reduced to negative roles. We have a go at them for losing the ball or not creating or not passing quickly enough when Riordan (whose probably just lost the ball) is standing on the touchline breathing out his backside.

If you watch our goal against Hearts, you'll see that Zemmama gives it away carelessly, Miller wins it back and Rankin plays a good quick pass to Wotherspoon. But the great cross by Riordan and the header by Stokes is all we remember. When passionate fans watch games at 100 miles an hour through emotional and prejudiced eyes they only see what they want to see - the bottom line. Good managers see the whole picture, and I reckon John Hughes picks the team accordingly.

Equally, Miller and Rankin aren't helped by the inexperience we have at full-back right now. Murray hasn't played at left back since the Aberdeen game and that's been a huge miss because Hanlon simply doesn't have his physique, experience, or will.

Whether it's McBride's return (to play with Rankin and Miller) or the signing of a new defender, we need a more experienced and imposing player to come in and compensate for the loss of Bamba and repositioning of Murray. Either that or Riordan and Zemmama have to develop more fitness and work ethic for the team so that our central midfielder's aren't having to cover them all the time.

Blaming Rankin and/or Miller is the lazy answer.

MussyHibby
11-01-2010, 01:28 PM

Overall, he's been a great signing and, even in his poorer days, can give us a bit of subtlety and class that's so rare in the SPL (OF included).

I don't agree with the criticism Rankin takes either. It's not easy for Miller and Rankin being in the middle with Riordan and Zemmama either side of you. They don't defend and attack by themselves. Flair players and matchwinners of course, but they take some indulging and its Miller and Rankin that are paying the price.

Miller's a potential playmaker and Rankin can score and create too (as we saw in the squiggler game when Thicot and Bamba in centre midfield did all the graft). With luxury wide players, however, Miller and Rankin are reduced to negative roles. We have a go at them for losing the ball or not creating or not passing quickly enough when Riordan (whose probably just lost the ball) is standing on the touchline breathing out his backside.

If you watch our goal against Hearts, you'll see that Zemmama gives it away carelessly, Miller wins it back and Rankin plays a good quick pass to Wotherspoon. But the great cross by Riordan and the header by Stokes is all we remember. When passionate fans watch games at 100 miles an hour through emotional and prejudiced eyes they only see what they want to see - the bottom line. Good managers see the whole picture, and I reckon John Hughes picks the team accordingly.

Equally, Miller and Rankin aren't helped by the inexperience we have at full-back right now. Murray hasn't played at left back since the Aberdeen game and that's been a huge miss because Hanlon simply doesn't have his physique, experience, or will.

Whether it's McBride's return (to play with Rankin and Miller) or the signing of a new defender, we need a more experienced and imposing player to come in and compensate for the loss of Bamba and repositioning of Murray. Either that or Riordan and Zemmama have to develop more fitness and work ethic for the team so that our central midfielder's aren't having to cover them all the time.

Whilst not agreeing with all of your points (and I best not tell you what they are for fear of being called negative), I appreciate your input on what I hoped would be a debate about our players being overrated (notably it has to be said about Miller) but NOT about how I apparently don't rate him!

I agree that it is easy to point the finger. I'm not sure I do that too often. With Hibs my glass tends to be half full, full of praise for Bamba, our new keeper, trying to defend Maka, Spoony's rise through the ranks, Rankins efforts................I just feel we've put Miller on too high a pedestal, for that it seems I am wrong. :confused:

ancient hibee
11-01-2010, 07:02 PM

So when we look at Saturday's game and see that only one player was involved in all three goals-scoring one,setting Stokes on his way for another and Hanlon on his way for the third which of the hard working central midfielders was it? What a surprise it was our luxury wide left player (who probably was lucky not to have lost the ball while having a rest).Miller is a good player who does the simple thing however he doesn't play enough killer balls for me.Rankine is whole hearted,gives 100%but is really a very ordinary player.

MussyHibby
11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
So when we look at Saturday's game and see that only one player was involved in all three goals-scoring one,setting Stokes on his way for another and Hanlon on his way for the third which of the hard working central midfielders was it? What a surprise it was our luxury wide left player (who probably was lucky not to have lost the ball while having a rest).Miller is a good player who does the simple thing however he doesn't play enough killer balls for me.Rankine is whole hearted,gives 100%but is really a very ordinary player.

Sorry mate, but can you explain this to me? Stokes didn't score...........and who is it that you do appreciate the most. I sense a bit of sarcasm, but genuinely don't get your point(s)........sorry!

ancient hibee
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Sorry mate, but can you explain this to me? Stokes didn't score...........and who is it that you do appreciate the most. I sense a bit of sarcasm, but genuinely don't get your point(s)........sorry!
Pointing out that Riordan was responsible for all the goals including putting Stokes through to the bye line to cut it back to Zemamma.For all Miller's tidy work on the ball he doesn't do anything like this and I don't think I've ever seen Rankine put a player through.However it seems it is Riordan who is the luxury player who doesn't do enough according to many on here.

Mibbes Aye
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Pointing out that Riordan was responsible for all the goals including putting Stokes through to the bye line to cut it back to Zemamma.For all Miller's tidy work on the ball he doesn't do anything like this and I don't think I've ever seen Rankine put a player through.However it seems it is Riordan who is the luxury player who doesn't do enough according to many on here.

I suspect Miller offered more offensively when McBride was playing. I also have seen Rankin play a through ball (can't remember whom against before you ask :greengrin). He's not anywhere near as bad as made out by some, though he isn't as good as McBride looked to be.

Perhaps the trick is that having the likes of Miller and McBride (or Rankin as a stand-in) is designed to give the foundation for the likes of Riordan to do what he does? This is a team still in its infancy, around twenty competitive games under Hughes, but there are hugely positive signs there. We've improved dramatically since the end of last season and we're in a strong position to strengthen again this window, notwithstanding the potential departures. With fingers crossed re injuries and with the hope that we can avoid running players into the ground I think it's reasonable to have strong expectations as we move to the end of the season, with better pitches and a side increasingly used to each other. They all have a contribution to make.

rightwinger
13-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I suspect Miller offered more offensively when McBride was playing. I also have seen Rankin play a through ball (can't remember whom against before you ask :greengrin). He's not anywhere near as bad as made out by some, though he isn't as good as McBride looked to be.

Perhaps the trick is that having the likes of Miller and McBride (or Rankin as a stand-in) is designed to give the foundation for the likes of Riordan to do what he does? This is a team still in its infancy, around twenty competitive games under Hughes, but there are hugely positive signs there. We've improved dramatically since the end of last season and we're in a strong position to strengthen again this window, notwithstanding the potential departures. With fingers crossed re injuries and with the hope that we can avoid running players into the ground I think it's reasonable to have strong expectations as we move to the end of the season, with better pitches and a side increasingly used to each other. They all have a contribution to make.

:agree:This is my way of thinking.

Riordan undoubtedly produces regularly when it comes to scoring and creating. We'd surely all agree, though, that he does precious little else.

When we don't have the ball and are not attacking, therefore, he has to be indulged and covered for. Zemmama likewise. This task is left to Miller and Rankin.

It is obvious, therefore, that they will find themselves chasing the game and playing deeper and deeper. When they get the ball they need to make sure they don't give it straight back before they start an attack. Simple way of looking at it I suppose, but its similar to playing 5 a sides with a poacher in your team - how tough is it when your team's on the back foot?!

It's unrealistic to expect Miller and Rankin to play killer passes all the time and make things happen. As the above post indicates, they're doing the cart work to free up Riordan and Zemmama to do that and nothing else. If Riordan and Zemmama did more of the labour for the team, then I'm sure Miller and Rankin could do more offensively.

Riordan is a key player and I'm not having a go at him. But if you watch him during a game for any length of time it's not difficult to see his significant lack of workrate, fitness and pace (he has quick feet but when did he last outpace a player over 10 yards?). Of course, he compensates for this with great vision, skill and finishing prowess, but he is a genuine luxury and one should be very careful about criticising those who are left with the task of indulging him.

ancient hibee
13-01-2010, 12:54 PM
:agree:This is my way of thinking.

Riordan undoubtedly produces regularly when it comes to scoring and creating. We'd surely all agree, though, that he does precious little else.

When we don't have the ball and are not attacking, therefore, he has to be indulged and covered for. Zemmama likewise. This task is left to Miller and Rankin.

It is obvious, therefore, that they will find themselves chasing the game and playing deeper and deeper. When they get the ball they need to make sure they don't give it straight back before they start an attack. Simple way of looking at it I suppose, but its similar to playing 5 a sides with a poacher in your team - how tough is it when your team's on the back foot?!

It's unrealistic to expect Miller and Rankin to play killer passes all the time and make things happen. As the above post indicates, they're doing the cart work to free up Riordan and Zemmama to do that and nothing else. If Riordan and Zemmama did more of the labour for the team, then I'm sure Miller and Rankin could do more offensively.

Riordan is a key player and I'm not having a go at him. But if you watch him during a game for any length of time it's not difficult to see his significant lack of workrate, fitness and pace (he has quick feet but when did he last outpace a player over 10 yards?). Of course, he compensates for this with great vision, skill and finishing prowess, but he is a genuine luxury and one should be very careful about criticising those who are left with the task of indulging him.
Luxury is the word I object to -he is a match winner.You can have as much of the ball as you like but as Falkirk proved last season if you don't put it where it matters you don't win games.In the cup final,Falkirk could still be playing and not have scored.I would expect at the very least that our central midfield would be good at keeping the ball and I've always thought that the way to win football matches is to get the ball and play.However there must be an end product.Rangers demonstrated that when even allowing for bad defending they scored 4 goals against us from 6 passes.Our biggest failure this season has been to put the ball quickly into dangerous areas.Wotherspoon showed how to do it with his crossfield pass for Riordan to volley in (I've forgotten who against-senility).

KWJ
13-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Against Falkirk for his 2nd I think. Cracking ball but once again who gave the ball to Wotherspoon?

I don't have a clue btw but my dosh would be on Miller or McBride.

Like RW's post, it makes sense. I think the 2 central midfielders would be more involved in the final third if there was another of them or we had a more combative LM/RM.

I like it how it is, but only when it works :wink:

ancient hibee
13-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Against Falkirk for his 2nd I think. Cracking ball but once again who gave the ball to Wotherspoon?

I don't have a clue btw but my dosh would be on Miller or McBride.

Like RW's post, it makes sense. I think the 2 central midfielders would be more involved in the final third if there was another of them or we had a more combative LM/RM.

I like it how it is, but only when it works :wink:
I think it might have been Riordan:greengrin

KWJ
13-01-2010, 02:28 PM
haha, nae chance! He was on his deckchair catching the rays waiting for DW to get it :wink:

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 12:31 AM
I think the OP has convinced me. He's not that good. :faf:

Jonnyboy
28-01-2010, 12:34 AM
I think the OP has convinced me. He's not that good. :faf:

I think Mussy will be in reflective mood tonight :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2010, 12:55 AM
I think Mussy will be in reflective mood tonight :greengrin

Liam Miller is just sheer class...............:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
28-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Liam Miller is just sheer class...............:wink:

Master stroke by the manager to bring him in.......Delabooze in shock management praise post.........

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Miller is sheer class, tonight he sprayed passes about, ripped apart a few Celtic players, just brilliant.

Get him signed for longer, you know you want to stay Miller:greengrin

tony higgins
28-01-2010, 02:15 AM

Do we really need man utd castoffs.

:greengrin

Speedway
28-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Mussy, any more impressed with Miller after the last two games?

MussyHibby
13-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Mussy, any more impressed with Miller after the last two games?

Two? Or is that few?? :wink:

Malthibby
13-03-2010, 08:18 PM
He is aff the boil just now, cannot believe folk cannot acknowledge that & as a result we are much the poorer, as much of what we try to do has to go through him.
Dunno what to do with a player who is off form, bar give him some protection.
Certainly wouldn't drop him; not yet anyway.
GG

Sammy7nil
13-03-2010, 08:20 PM
he is good player, playing at his correct level
does not do anywhere near enough to be described as class

Captain Trips
14-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Not as good as made out on here, IMO of course.

matty_f
14-03-2010, 05:28 PM
I think he'd look a lot better if he wasn't being totally outnumbered in every game he's playing at the moment.:agree:

archiebald
14-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Take him out the team and then we will know all about it.CLASS ACT END OFF :top marks

SloopJB
14-03-2010, 07:44 PM
F off Midlothian

seanraff07
14-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Miller has been one of our best players this season, i can't believe were actually debating about his ability, he's class.:greengrin

I Love Lamp
14-03-2010, 10:03 PM
The comments on this thread have summed it up. Yes he is great at winning the ball and beating men but is not as good at making telling passes, oftentimes opting for the easy ball (which is something we usually appreciate oddly :-S ). Accordingly, when McBride returns no doubt Miller will start squaring the ball to him and then McBride will start making the passes which will stretch opponents be they balls wide or angled balls in behind the opposition defence.

Miller is excellent at what he does but it's naive to assume that many players will be good at every subset of footballing skills. Miller is no different.

Let's get one thing straight though. Having Miller, McBride and Zemmamma in the midfield is our best hope of seeing the type of football we want to see. Dropping him for players with greater 'dig' after a few poor games would be a retrograde step and apart from McBride, who usually plays alongside Miller anyway, no other Hibs player has the same range of passing.

MussyHibby
20-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Miller has been one of our best players this season, i can't believe were actually debating about his ability, he's class.:greengrin

Pi5hed, angry, disappointed............but hey, ho based on the stick I took on this guy...............I told you so! :wink:

Like the rest of them today - embarrassing!

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Miller has been as strong as a ryvita these last few games. McBride slightly better...........maybe rating him as strong as a rice cake. The whole team are a bunch of saps bar Murray. When the game gets physical, Miller runs away.

matty_f
20-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Miller and McBride were fantastic together earlier in the season. I'd be delighted if Yogi made them the central 2 in midfield again.

truehibernian
20-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Fantastic when we were getting the rub of the green and decisions and games going our way matty. In hiding when it is the opposite bud (in my opinion). Very very poor last 10 games.

matty_f
21-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Fantastic when we were getting the rub of the green and decisions and games going our way matty. In hiding when it is the opposite bud (in my opinion). Very very poor last 10 games.

Absolute nonsense, IMHO. Are you saying that Miller only plays well when the team are lucky or winning? Could it have been that the wins were down to how well Miller was playing?

FWIW, my own opinion is that Miller has been ineffective because the midfield gets over-run week in, week out.

MussyHibby
21-03-2010, 12:04 AM
He's no the player (most) people thought he was.

FWIW, I forgot McBride was playing today.:confused:

truehibernian
21-03-2010, 12:09 AM
My point is, Miller is a coward in the tackle and as an experienced member of the first team has shown no leadership on the pitch when we have needed our old heads to stand "tall". Great player, still lovely to watch, but as I said, only it seems when the team are doing well. Will happily be proved wrong if he starts grabbing games by the scruff of the neck, starting Tuesday

Spike Mandela
21-03-2010, 08:15 AM
Yesterday surely has finally exposed this myth about the excellence of the Miller, McBride partnership.

Lightweight, limited and ineffectual. Yet again Hibs midfield outfought, outpassed and ultimately a soft touch to the other team.

How many times does this have to happen by lesser teams before it twigs that this is the main weakness in the team.

Rankin doesn't add anything to the mix at all and we all know Deeks isn't a left half but at least he brings goals to the table.

The failure to strengthen this area in January was criminal, whilst bringing in two goalies instead and then mostly playing Stack.

archiebald
21-03-2010, 07:52 PM
He's no the player (most) people thought he was.

FWIW, I forgot McBride was playing today.:confused:
How did you not hear his name when the team was announced :bye:

Wotherspiniesta
21-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Some of you have very short memories.

Liam Miller was the best player in the team when we were playing well IMO. Like all the players just now he is underperforming but I have faith in his ability. If he can get his foot on the ball and start controlling games a little more the team as a whole will benefit.

Sure, he may be a little overrated on here, but he certainly has a touch of class about him, which excites the masses on :hnet: :greengrin

To be honest MussyHibby, I find it quite pathetic that every time Liam Miller doesn't play well you bring up this thread. You're entitled to your opinion like everybody else on this board, but your constant regurgitating of this topic to try cram your opinion down everyone's throat is boring. You don't rate Miller. We get it.

Cabbage1875
21-03-2010, 10:43 PM

Spot on, absolutely for me too.

Its no coincedence that he started getting involved and showing for the ball in the minutes after we scored. When the going gets tough, he more often than not gets going.

In my view of course.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Some of you have very short memories.

Liam Miller was the best player in the team when we were playing well IMO. Like all the players just now he is underperforming but I have faith in his ability. If he can get his foot on the ball and start controlling games a little more the team as a whole will benefit.

Sure, he may be a little overrated on here, but he certainly has a touch of class about him, which excites the masses on :hnet: :greengrin

To be honest MussyHibby, I find it quite pathetic that every time Liam Miller doesn't play well you bring up this thread. You're entitled to your opinion like everybody else on this board, but your constant regurgitating of this topic to try cram your opinion down everyone's throat is boring. You don't rate Miller. We get it.

:agree:

Shrewd move by Yogi to entice Miller to Hibs, agreed by most at the time. Brought here to be our playmaker, experienced pro, good age and has played at a much higher level. Yogi has said in many interviews he's everything youd want at your club, model professional, trains well every day and a good example to the younger boys.

I think Yogi will be looking to Miller to help pull us out of this slump by grasping the responsibility to get on the ball and dictating play more as thats where we have been lacking recently.

snooky
22-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Yesterday surely has finally exposed this myth about the excellence of the Miller, McBride partnership.

Lightweight, limited and ineffectual. Yet again Hibs midfield outfought, outpassed and ultimately a soft touch to the other team.

How many times does this have to happen by lesser teams before it twigs that this is the main weakness in the team.

Rankin doesn't add anything to the mix at all and we all know Deeks isn't a left half but at least he brings goals to the table.

The failure to strengthen this area in January was criminal, whilst bringing in two goalies instead and then mostly playing Stack.

Sherlock Holmes couldn't figure out that one.
A real headscratcher if ever there was one.

Oscar Lomax
22-03-2010, 06:44 AM

You aint in the minority mate. I myself, cant see what the fuss about Miller is. He was lucky to touch the ball 6 times against hearts and if he did it was usually back or to a hearts player. I though he was a playmaker, a creative midfielder ???? Yes he has shown signs off it but only in small dosses.

brydekirk
22-03-2010, 07:52 AM
his passing has been poor lately, but hes not the only one.

HFC 0-7
22-03-2010, 08:02 AM

You aint in the minority mate. I myself, cant see what the fuss about Miller is. He was lucky to touch the ball 6 times against hearts and if he did it was usually back or to a hearts player. I though he was a playmaker, a creative midfielder ???? Yes he has shown signs off it but only in small dosses.

I have said this over a few threads, I dont think I have seen Miller even trying to open defences up this season. He has had good games for us but I think this is when he has been nipping in getting the ball and passing sideways or backwards. Across our whole team we are seriously lacking a player who can see the pass to open up defences, also, we dont really have anyone that likes to take the ball a run, the only one is zemmama but he seems to be trying to get the 'most injury prone player award' ahead of Mccann this year!

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Its no coincidence our big players, Bamba and Miller have had a dip in form recently, and the team have suffered too. Along with Zemamma being injured, these 3 with stokes and riordans goals have dragged the rest along for most of this season. Now they are all crap. Only at Hibs.:bitchy:

Oscar Lomax
22-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Its no coincidence our big players, Bamba and Miller have had a dip in form recently, and the team have suffered too. Along with Zemamma being injured, these 3 with stokes and riordans goals have dragged the rest along for most of this season. Now they are all crap. Only at Hibs.:bitchy:

Why do you regard Bamba a big player ? I need to get my head around some people's perception of Bamba.

blackpoolhibs
22-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Why do you regard Bamba a big player ? I need to get my head around some people's perception of Bamba.

I just think you need to get your head looked at by some sort of specialist.

Oscar Lomax
22-03-2010, 08:58 AM
I just think you need to get your head looked at by some sort of specialist.

I remember watching him with Dunfermline and thinking what a bungling player he was. Bombscare Bamba he was affectionately known over there....he has done nothing to suggest he is a better player than he was with them.

MussyHibby
22-03-2010, 09:06 AM

I was a little bit inebriated Staurday when I "regurgitated" this thread, so for you I apologise. :dummytit: However, for all the people who said I was wrong and slated me on this thread, it just felt a little pleasurable "regurgitating" it!

FWIW, since I first posted this, I have watched Miller very closely and so wanted to be proven wrong.:agree: I am a passionate Hibby, I want to see us doing well, especially our "playmakers", but I still think we have a far too high opinion of the guy, and now I guess I've been proven right! :agree:

And I will too about Bamba :agree: when he signs for Blackburn Rovers! :wink:

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-03-2010, 09:11 AM
So we have:

1. Stack never comes off his line.
2. Spoony is never a right back.
3. Hogg is murder.
4. Bamba is a bombscare.
5. Murray has been ok.
6. Miller is way overated.
7. McBride isn't strong enough.
8. Riordans a lazy bassa.
9. Rankin's rank.
10. Stokes can't hold up play and the only thing he's any good at is scoring goals.
11. Benji is disinterested.
12. Nish is p!sh.

Have i missed anyone :greengrin

Makes you wonder why we're not in a relegation dogfight!

Oscar Lomax
22-03-2010, 09:13 AM
I was a little bit inebriated Staurday when I "regurgitated" this thread, so for you I apologise. :dummytit: However, for all the people who said I was wrong and slated me on this thread, it just felt a little pleasurable "regurgitating" it!

FWIW, since I first posted this, I have watched Miller very closely and so wanted to be proven wrong.:agree: I am a passionate Hibby, I want to see us doing well, especially our "playmakers", but I still think we have a far too high opinion of the guy, and now I guess I've been proven right! :agree:

And I will too about Bamba :agree: when he signs for Blackburn Rovers! :wink:

As the kit-man ? He cant cut it in a crap league in Scotland never mind the best league in the world. Imagin him trying to deal with Rooney or Torres....this is a joke.

MussyHibby
22-03-2010, 09:14 AM
So we have:

1. Stack never comes off his line.
2. Spoony is never a right back.
3. Hogg is murder.
4. Bamba is a bombscare.
5. Murray has been ok.
6. Miller is way overated.
7. McBride isn't strong enough.
8. Riordans a lazy bassa.
9. Rankin's rank.
10. Stokes can't hold up play and the only thing he's any good at is scoring goals.
11. Benji is disinterested.
12. Nish is p!sh.

Have i missed anyone :greengrin

Makes you wonder why we're not in a relegation dogfight!

:faf:

Fickle fans eh!

MussyHibby
22-03-2010, 09:15 AM
As the kit-man ? He cant cut it in a crap league in Scotland never mind the best league in the world. Imagin him trying to deal with Rooney or Torres....this is a joke.

Oscar, we agree on Miller, we obviously strongly disagree on Bamba, it's allowed!:wink:

hibsbollah
22-03-2010, 09:20 AM

:agree::top marks
Sometimes when I come on here I wonder if some folk have never heard of 'form'. This is a totally different thing to 'quality' and goes down as well as up. No player is on form 100% of the time. Unfortunately, some Hibs fans seem to expect all our players to always be on top form. When they're not, they get a 'he's overrated/lazy/crap' thread dedicated to them.

MussyHibby
22-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Sometimes when I come on here I wonder if some folk have never heard of 'form'. This is a totally different thing to 'quality' and goes down as well as up. No player is on form 100% of the time. Unfortunately, some Hibs fans seem to expect all our players to always be on top form. When they're not, they get a 'he's overrated/lazy/crap' thread dedicated to them.

No, I felt in January he was overated, nothing to do with current form. Read the original post, it wasn't/isn't a witchunt. :bitchy:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-03-2010, 09:57 AM

Same thread on Bamba within the last week - spot on with Form and quality/class.

Quite a recurring theme so would it be simpler if we had a section for members to rate current weekly form and ability/class out of 10. Then review as the season progresses. Or weekly mass polls. Everyone loves a good polling and with the election round the corner why not? :cool2:

Then perhaps we could also have a similar one for "form"/class of posters :greengrin