PDA

View Full Version : danny galbraith

cloudy
09-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Is Danny galbraith injured at moment?? surely he deserves a run on the left!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 04:23 PM
He's not no. Came round to my flat after the yams game lst wk. He is extremely frustrated and confused as to whats going on.

Nailrod
09-01-2010, 04:24 PM
There was a post on the match thread saying more or less 'What's with all the talk about Galbraith? Has anybody actually seen him play? Is he this season's Yantorno?'

I think the issue is this: There is obviously something lacking in the side at the moment. We're just not clicking like we should be. None of the alternatives on the bench who are being given a game inspire me - there's nobody who you think 'Well he might make a real difference if he comes on...' (The role that Deano used to play very well).

I think that's where the talk about Galbraith is coming from. Personally I would like to have seen him given a run today. If he's worth having at the club or in the squad at all then surely today was the opportunity to give him the chance to show what he can do.

Nailrod
09-01-2010, 04:30 PM
He's not no. Came round to my flat after the yams game lst wk. He is extremely frustrated and confused as to whats going on.
That's disappointing to hear, but I don't blame him.

My only concern about Yogi so far is that he just doesn't seem to vary things around much, either with his team selection, or with his tactics during the game. From the little I have seen of DG he seems like a quick player who is willing and able to carry the ball at players and put them under pressure - a bit like Spoony. I'd like to see him being given a run instead of Rankin, who always seems like a very honest trier, but never seems to generate much in the way of an end product.

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm biased but he is a great prospect. I don't understand why out of 5 substitutes we need Mcbride, Cregg and Stevenson who imo are all extremely similar players. If we have someone in the squad who is capable of coming off the bench and having the potential to change a game(st mirren on the first day of the season) then we should be using him. No point in having so many similar, defensive players on the bench every single wk.

Nailrod
09-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm biased but he is a great prospect. I don't understand why out of 5 substitutes we need Mcbride, Cregg and Stevenson who imo are all extremely similar players. If we have someone in the squad who is capable of coming off the bench and having the potential to change a game(st mirren on the first day of the season) then we should be using him. No point in having so many similar, defensive players on the bench every single wk.

:agree:

cloudy
09-01-2010, 04:57 PM
He must be gutted not to be in todays team,I think he deserves a chance, don't think he has done anything wrong when brought on, why play nish today we know what he can do when playing with stokes why not play deeks through the middle wi stokes see if they click and play danny on the left

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 05:55 PM
I think that's where the talk about Galbraith is coming from. Personally I would like to have seen him given a run today. If he's worth having at the club or in the squad at all then surely today was the opportunity to give him the chance to show what he can do.
:agree: :top marks

cocopops1875
09-01-2010, 06:16 PM
There was a post on the match thread saying more or less 'What's with all the talk about Galbraith? Has anybody actually seen him play? Is he this season's Yantorno?'

I think the issue is this: There is obviously something lacking in the side at the moment. We're just not clicking like we should be. None of the alternatives on the bench who are being given a game inspire me - there's nobody who you think 'Well he might make a real difference if he comes on...' (The role that Deano used to play very well).

i would say from what i have seen is he is this seasons alan obrien

fife hfc
09-01-2010, 06:22 PM
He should have been on the bench today and can't understand why he wasn't. These types of game cry out for wide players and to have three defensive midfielders on the bench is a joke.

Sean1875
09-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Put Deeko up front with Stokes and Galbraith out on the left. Works for me. :agree:

ronaldo7
09-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Noticed Kurtis up in the stands too. Both these lads should be stripped and ready for action imo. Maybe the next round against Edinburgh City :wink:

IWasThere2016
09-01-2010, 06:31 PM

:top marks

:agree:

Alfred E Newman
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
substitutions today were strange to say the least. Galbraiths absence was equally strange when we were crying out for a bit of width.

Andy74
09-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I think we have to remember he's the youngest player in the squad. Deek isn't going to be shifted easily from the left so he'll just need to be patient.

fife hfc
09-01-2010, 06:42 PM
I think we have to remember he's the youngest player in the squad. Deek isn't going to be shifted easily from the left so he'll just need to be patient.

But can he also not play on the right and today cried out for width to stretch them. we have no right sided midfielder and this seriously hampers attacks as if Wotherspoon is not up there then we don't have an option.

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 06:58 PM
If Galbraith is deemed unable to feature in a home tie against a junior side then he will probably be tempted to seek to further his career elsewhere.

Andy74
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
A game where we played a strong team and only won by three. Today wasn't a game for giving fringe players a game. It was about getting into the next round. I thought he did okay pre season but don't think he's done himself justice coming on since. If he's hacked off I'm afraid wouldn't be backing his claims for a first team place just yet.

Hiber-nation
09-01-2010, 07:14 PM

You haven't seen him enough then.

Part/Time Supporter
09-01-2010, 07:34 PM
What has he done to justify a start?

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
A game where we played a strong team and only won by three. Today wasn't a game for giving fringe players a game.
That's where I fundamentally disagree with you.

Attitude seemed to be poor today; and that was probably due to playing our entire first choice team selection.

Allant1981
09-01-2010, 07:49 PM
A game where we played a strong team and only won by three. Today wasn't a game for giving fringe players a game. It was about getting into the next round. I thought he did okay pre season but don't think he's done himself justice coming on since. If he's hacked off I'm afraid wouldn't be backing his claims for a first team place just yet.

I disagree to a point, yes have most first team players playing but give some of the younger guys a run out, it was a junior side. If they arent good enough to play against these teams then how will they crack it in the SPL?

Allant1981
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
What has he done to justify a start?

What has rankin done to justify a start but he did

Part/Time Supporter
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
What has rankin done to justify a start but he did

Played himself out of the team today

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Looked decent on the odd cameo he's had and I agree, this situation was tailor made for him.

The team today was made up of incompetent triers; Nish, Hogg, Rankin, and class players who weren't really that bothered, Riordan, Murray, Miller.

Would have been nice to see hungrier players who wanted the opportunity and needed the games getting a shot.

Nailrod
10-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Idiotic snide comment. Although not an automatic first-team choice, O'Brien played regularly as a forward, both in the starting line-up and as a sub, for two full seasons. The sum total of his contribution to the team was zero goals and one assist. Galbraith has been allotted about 45 minutes of first-team football in his first half-season.

johnrebus
10-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Galbraith set up Benji for the winner in the first game of the season ( V St Mirren ), which is more than AOB did in his whole career at ER.

He needs more game time, as do Cregg and Kurtis Byrne, to show what they can do.

Am beginning to worry about Yogi and his relationship with Rankin because he ( Rankin ) is just not up to it, but is rarely out of the side - hopefully a fit Kevin McBride will put paid to that.

:grr:

Nailrod
10-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Galbraith set up Benji for the winner in the first game of the season ( V St Mirren ), which is more than AOB did in his whole career at ER.

He needs more game time, as do Cregg and Kurtis Byrne, to show what they can do.

Am beginning to worry about Yogi and his relationship with Rankin because he ( Rankin ) is just not up to it, but is rarely out of the side - hopefully a fit Kevin McBride will put paid to that.

Have to agree. It seems harsh to target Rankin as he's clearly an honest, hard-working pro. But you watch him buzzing about the midfield all game, and then you watch the highlights and you look for what he actually contributed, and it's always the square root of hee-haw. I can't remember the last time I saw him drive at an opposition player and beat him, and I can't remember the last time I saw him appear in the opposition box and threaten to score. His shooting is woeful. He had a good chance against Hearts at Tynie when the ball bounced and dropped for him just outside the box, just begging to be hit, and he ballooned it over the bar. He did exactly the same thing against Falkirk a week or two later. We took him off a bottom-six side, and to me that's his level.

cockneymike
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Yogi obviously does like rankin a lot, remember in the preseason that was talking about him being one of his potential captains!!!! :grr:

The thought still sends a shiver down my spine.

hibeeleicester
10-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Remember Galbraith was not one of yogis signings :agree:

Of yogi doesnt think DG is good enough to start then in yogi i trust.

fife hfc
10-01-2010, 12:59 PM

:confused: leave such sayings to the yams. In Yogi at the moment I'm certainly not trusting. Galbraith was made for yesterdays game as all three goals came from the wide area and I felt too often we played through the middle instead of stretching the game. we simply play too narrow and for the football yogi claims he wants us to play we need to make the pitch as wide as possible. We keep deek wide left but have nobody doing the same on the right leaving the team unbalanced. yogi needs to get thios sorted as he has done alot of good things but he still has a hell of alot of work to do.

Getting back to galbraith I think he can play on the right and could do a job for us out there.

cocopops1875
10-01-2010, 01:18 PM
You haven't seen him enough then.

that maybe true mate more a gut feeling than anything but he certainly does not seem to be in the good graces of our manager does he:wink:

cocopops1875
10-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Idiotic snide comment. Although not an automatic first-team choice, O'Brien played regularly as a forward, both in the starting line-up and as a sub, for two full seasons. The sum total of his contribution to the team was zero goals and one assist. Galbraith has been allotted about 45 minutes of first-team football in his first half-season.

hardly snide sir :wink: idiotic maybe and i do hope so nobody wants him to be a player more than me just always think there are reasons that he has not been given more than 45mins of football JH watches him everyday and is not picking him there must be a reason:confused:

Stevie Reid
10-01-2010, 01:43 PM
In Yogi at the moment I'm certainly not trusting

:bitchy:

Clear third in the league, 1 defeat in 14 games and just been handed 2 dream home ties in the SC. Some people have incredibly short memories. Shocking statement imo.

For what it's worth I also thought DG should've been on the bench and given a run yesterday, but I'm very comfortable that the man who is making these decisions is doing it purely in the best interests of the club he loves.

Hibee_Lisa
10-01-2010, 01:52 PM

I thought he was,who signed him:confused:

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Technically he is but he's basically a Mixu signing. He came up for 3 trials under Mixu and he was desperate to sign him but Rod wouldnt sanction a deal. He was eventually offered £140 A WEEK which obviously he turned down. He got the impression very quickly that Rod wanted shot of Mixu so was trying to piss Mixu off at every opportunity. Soon as Mixu walked, Dan came up for a meeting with Rod and signed. Simples. Not much to do with Yogi at all.

Hibee_Lisa
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Technically he is but he's basically a Mixu signing. He came up for 3 trials under Mixu and he was desperate to sign him but Rod wouldnt sanction a deal. He was eventually offered £140 A WEEK which obviously he turned down. He got the impression very quickly that Rod wanted shot of Mixu so was trying to piss Mixu off at every opportunity. Soon as Mixu walked, Dan came up for a meeting with Rod and signed. Simples. Not much to do with Yogi at all.

Ah ok cheers :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
10-01-2010, 09:01 PM

heres hoping:agree: ranking loses the ball too much and cant beat a man

basehibby
11-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Got to say I was quite surprised not to see the likes of Galbraith and Byrne on the bench on Sat - I thought against a junior side it would have been an ideal opportunity to give them some game time.

I've been greatly impressed by Yogi's work thus far but I think he missed a chance to give these guys a run out on Sat.

Diclonius
11-01-2010, 02:40 AM
I thought he was,who signed him:confused:

Mixu.

He was on a pre-contract before Yogi was appointed.