go on stenhousemuir!!:top marks

matty_f
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Chances are Aberdeen away :grr:

Nothing to fear there.

Would quite like Dunfermline in the next round, home or away.:agree:

hibbie02
I think the balance is fine to be honest particularly when mcbride plays. Results seem to show that. Performances wouldn't suddenly get better by swapping riordan with an out and out left winger.

I think we make too much of having four forward players. We do play a 442 and every manager so far has played riordan from the left wing.

No results show we have been lucky. We have been overrun in midfield on many occasions and we have drawn matches we should have won.

Riordan can play on the left without playing as a winger. He can play the role he played with O'Connor and that is what we need. He doesnae need to hug the touchline all the time.

--------
go on stenhousemuir!!:top marks

You can pull this back! :agree:

Richard Scott
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
FT :yawn:

MacBean
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
With Minutes to go if it stays at 3 -0 Hibs i'll collect £130 :worried:

congrats :thumbsup:

hibiedude
09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
congrats :thumbsup:

Cheers :thumbsup:

£130 in my back pocket and hearts out off the scottish cup :thumbsup:

MacBean
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
any news on the attendance?

Hank Schrader
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
With Minutes to go if it stays at 3 -0 Hibs i'll collect £130 :worried:

Nice one :wink:

--------
09-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Cheers :thumbsup:

£130 in my back pocket and hearts out off the scottish cup :thumbsup:

Been a good day, then?

Nice one. :agree:

Andy74
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
No results show we have been lucky. We have been overrun in midfield on many occasions and we have drawn matches we should have won.

Riordan can play on the left without playing as a winger. He can play the role he played with O'Connor and that is what we need. He doesnae need to hug the touchline all the time.

Lucky for six months. I think hughes and the team deserve more credit than that.

Velma Dinkley
09-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Surely if we've drawn matches we should have won that means we've been unlucky :greengrin

Onceinawhile

which would be unlucky...

Lmc2105
through to the next round the hearts are out good day in my view

well done boys!!

iwasthere1972
09-01-2010, 03:59 PM

well done boys!!

:agree: Even a 1-0 victory against Meadow would have been satisfying with the Yams going out the cup at first attempt.

The future is bright - The future is green and white.

Get it up ye dippedflake. :bye:

hibiedude
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Been a good day, then?

Nice one. :agree:

£20 on Berbatov at 5-1 will make it the perfect day

I know i'm a greedy bassa :greengrin

hibsdaft
09-01-2010, 04:06 PM

:agree::agree:

bringbackbenny
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
£20 on Berbatov at 5-1 will make it the perfect day

I know i'm a greedy bassa :greengrin

looks like you'll have to wait another day, not starting or on the bench :wink:

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Lucky for six months. I think hughes and the team deserve more credit than that.

No we have played well in some matches and got draws when we could have been beaten. That was the lucky bit. We have however played some stinkers and walked away with the points, also lucky.

I take the point that drawing when we should win is not lucky, but I feel my point is valid. Our midfield is getting overrun by everyone we play now, including today. We don't need 2 wide players and 2 strikers. We need a proper 4-4-2, only then will be be balanced and get some control in midfield. I am not alone in my view on this.

Hughes does indeed deserve credit for the progress, but to succeed he has to continue to develop the team and the tactic. FFS if Irvine Meadow can suss us, then so can the SPL.

NaeTechnoHibby
09-01-2010, 06:39 PM
No we have played well in some matches and got draws when we could have been beaten. That was the lucky bit. We have however played some stinkers and walked away with the points, also lucky.

I take the point that drawing when we should win is not lucky, but I feel my point is valid. Our midfield is getting overrun by everyone we play now, including today. We don't need 2 wide players and 2 strikers. We need a proper 4-4-2, only then will be be balanced and get some control in midfield. I am not alone in my view on this.

Hughes does indeed deserve credit for the progress, but to succeed he has to continue to develop the team and the tactic. FFS if Irvine Meadow can suss us, then so can the SPL.

Sweetie :greengrin You're right the midfield balance isnae right and DR and AN Other should be up front as a two, however we really need IMO wide midfielders who are "midfielders" and can overlap with both the forwards and defenders to provide service and cover... not that easy to find... and I don't know if we have them (Murphy was a recent example) :dunno:

Hell though, we're still in The Cup and the Yams aint :thumbsup:

BTW Happy New Year :thumbsup:

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Sweetie :greengrin You're right the midfield balance isnae right and DR and AN Other should be up front as a two, however we really need IMO wide midfielders who are "midfielders" and can overlap with both the forwards and defenders to provide service and cover... not that easy to find... and I don't know if we have them (Murphy was a recent example) :dunno:

Hell though, we're still in The Cup and the Yams aint :thumbsup:

BTW Happy New Year :thumbsup:

You are far too clued up furra burd! Happy New Year to you too Carol! :greengrin