PDA

View Full Version : Allan Preston at it again

Part/Time Supporter
09-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Sunshine in Leith - I'm just outside Leith, in Easter Road

:blah: :blah: :blah:

O'Rourke3
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
And he gets a reaction and 100 people will e-mail the BBC complaining and he's laughing his nads off. Ignore him, it's easier.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-01-2010, 12:53 PM
He's your archetypal Yam - fat and stupid.

mjhibby
09-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Hes a jambo of course but is actually ok to talk to.Its not his fault they send him to hibs games and pat nevin to another game.Steve cowan invariably also has to suffer hertz games,just doesnt make sense.The bbc know they are provoking a reaction as he is hardly going to say hibs are great and hertz are gash.Just keep winning then his ramblings are ignored.

Wull
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
serous Question: who is Allan Preston? he's not very well known in Africa!
Oh by the way ist a stinker here 32 C

FT'J'Bo's
09-01-2010, 01:10 PM

Nobody!!!!:jamboak:

sauzee
09-01-2010, 01:15 PM
that vile peice of dirt is doing the game today,it's 2.05pm and he's talking about 1902 already and what a huge ammont of stats he's got to talk about on the show,i wish somebody would knock him clean out:grr::grr:

Perspective
09-01-2010, 01:17 PM

He's the former Livingston manager. Sacked after 14 games I believe, following seven straight losses.

So obviously well qualified to tell the likes of Yogi where they are going wrong.

sticky windaes
09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Allan Preston at it again
Quote:
Sunshine in Leith - I'm just outside Leith, in Easter Road

think you will find easter road is a lot closer to leith than tynecastle is to the heart of midlothian......preston = fud

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 01:18 PM
that vile peice of dirt is doing the game today,it's 2.05pm and he's talking about 1902 already and what a huge ammont of stats he's got to talk about on the show,i wish somebody would knock him clean out:grr::grr:
He's a first-class wind-up merchant. It's all he's got for that role. Ignore him. He'd just adore a reaction from Hibs supporters emailing the BBC etc etc.

Don't give the tube the satisfaction.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Why send bitter Yams to cover our games? :grr:

Billychaotic182
09-01-2010, 01:23 PM
well i hope the yam fud will enjoy our goals the day!

Greenblood70
09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
It would be absolutely terrible if Preston was to slip in the car park and repeatedly bang his head off the ground:fibber::bandit::pray::pray:

Spike Mandela
09-01-2010, 01:38 PM
The only way to stop these stat merchants on the radio is to win the ****ing thing!

Win the cup and all the slagging and chants stop. Simples!:greengrin

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Just taking advantage of my new HI subscription and it is totally Preston free. Just a couple of Numpties!!! :greengrin

Wull
09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
He's the former Livingston manager. Sacked after 14 games I believe, following seven straight losses.

So obviously well qualified to tell the likes of Yogi where they are going wrong.

thanks Mr Perspective, as I said down here in the brightest part of Africa, news often travels not very far:wink:

Spike Mandela
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
He loves to play the court jester for the rest of the Sportsound panel and doesn't realise he is being patronised.

We all know the allegiances of the other members of the panel(mostly OF) and they will not be pushed in to laughing at and rubbishing their rivals. They maintain their neutrality, no matter how insincere.

Preston will get his comeuppance on the street one day when he get's assaulted and we will all be expected to be outraged. He will only have himself to blame.

MontrealHibs
09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
He loves to play the court jester for the rest of the Sportsound panel and doesn't realise he is being patronised.

We all know the allegiances of the other members of the panel(mostly OF) and they will not be pushed in to laughing at and rubbishing their rivals. They maintain their neutrality, no matter how insincere.

Preston will get his comeuppance on the street one day when he get's assaulted and we will all be expected to be outraged. He will only have himself to blame.

Wouldn't you just love to meet him in the pub. :jamboak:

Betty Boop
09-01-2010, 01:51 PM

Yogi's cousin.

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Who's doing the commentary on HI along with the Coonsillor?

Thecat23
09-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm sick to death of this fat p***k.. I hate you with a passion and how about you just ****** right off. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

nonshinyfinish
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm sick to death of this fat p***k.. I hate you with a passion and how about you just ****** right off. :grr::grr::grr::grr:

If you hate him so much, then why are you giving him exactly what he wants - attention?

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 02:42 PM

Why not spend £3.99 a month and get HI. Save yerself a heart attack. :agree:

Thecat23
09-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Why not spend £3.99 a month and get HI. Save yerself a heart attack. :agree:

I'm a season ticket holder and couldn't get to the game today! does it show away games?

Thecat23
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
If you hate him so much, then why are you giving him exactly what he wants - attention?

Well since i can't smash his face in i thought writting it would help.

Perspective
09-01-2010, 02:48 PM
As much as I dislike him, is he really important enough to merit three seperate threads on the first page of the board?

Lofarl
09-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm a season ticket holder and couldn't get to the game today! does it show away games?

Well the games at home but yes Hibs TV shows both home and away matches. Ofcourse the game is not streamed if you live in the uk but you get a radio commentary from two decent chaps. Its hibs biased of course.

But the real selling point for me is the highlights. You get 15-20 mins of the game highlights usually that night.

Scorrie
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Stop sitting on the fence :greengrin

TBH he's not worth it.

hibernator
09-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Chick Young "1902 boy has went a bit quiet since Dons scored"
"when Hibs get to the final we have to make sure theres a place for Preston in the studio"...:lolyam:

Jim44
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Really bad day for Preston..............I'm lovin' it. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Really bad day for Preston..............I'm lovin' it. :greengrin

Yip, more pity than hate. :faf:

blackhibee
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
"when Hibs get to the final we have to make sure theres a place for Preston in the studio"...:lolyam:

:top marks

matty_f
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
He's a first-class wind-up merchant. It's all he's got for that role. Ignore him. He'd just adore a reaction from Hibs supporters emailing the BBC etc etc.

Don't give the tube the satisfaction.

Spot on. He knows exactly what reaction he'll get and he plays up to it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Must have been odd when Radio Scotland advertised for a fat, opinionated, jambo, failed manager pundit, and got two outstanding candidates in Preston and John Robertson. I don't mind either tbh as Preston in particular only has one string to his bow and that is the Hibs wind-ups. Find it amusing though, that the programme plays up pundit allegiances to Hearts and Aberdeen etc but always maintains that there are no obvious Rangers/Celtic commentators.:blah:

Greenblood70
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Spot on. He knows exactly what reaction he'll get and he plays up to it.

The real culprits are the Sportsound producers etc that allow this waste of oxygen on the radio in the first place. It's actually a bit cringe inducing listening to a good few of the reporters and pundits on Radio Scotland, the standard of broadcast journalism in Scotland is abysmal imo.

Dashing Bob S
10-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm going to go fly in the face of convention here. I actually quite like Preston. Yes, he's a Yam, and he's there to wind us up, but so what? Isn't that what local rivalry is about? I'd rather have a snide, infantile House Yambolino to hate/ridicule, than some bland pundit or standard OF bore.

When you look at the 'respect' OF pundits fall over themselves to give each other, it's good that we're so free from sectarianism, and don't have responsibility for promoting our healthy rivalry as some sanitised brand, so can actually get ripped into each other without some pathetic pseudo-political agenda ******ing in the background.

Besides, Yams being Yams, just give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Preston's bitter rantings, Foulkes's drunken slaverings and the bile of Sickbag merely serve the purpose of confirming our innate superiourity over those ridiculous fools. I'd hate to see them go, although Mr Romanov has decreed it must be so in Feb, so who am I too argue?

Relaxxx... grab that second cup of Earl Grey and join Bobby on his Zen trip...

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Set the cuhunt on fire :agree:

mjhibby
10-01-2010, 11:12 AM

When ribbed about the dons scoring he said it was a transition season and that they would just have to do with winning the league cup which chick then laughed at and said they wouldnt get past st mirren.Transition eh,3rd last season 5th so far this season.Transition from experienced players to young lads who will burn out and fade away.Preston usually bats his corner well but hes floundering when trying to defend the indefensible.

MrSmith
10-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I anyone does want to complain? Do it via their national site. We don't pay our license fee to BBC Glasgow!

I'd hate to see them go, although Mr Romanov has decreed it must be so in Feb, so who am I too argue?

Is this when he has decided to pay himself back all monies owed from himself?

Zorro
10-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm going to go fly in the face of convention here. I actually quite like Preston. Yes, he's a Yam, and he's there to wind us up, but so what? Isn't that what local rivalry is about? I'd rather have a snide, infantile House Yambolino to hate/ridicule, than some bland pundit or standard OF bore.

When you look at the 'respect' OF pundits fall over themselves to give each other, it's good that we're so free from sectarianism, and don't have responsibility for promoting our healthy rivalry as some sanitised brand, so can actually get ripped into each other without some pathetic pseudo-political agenda ******ing in the background.

Besides, Yams being Yams, just give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Preston's bitter rantings, Foulkes's drunken slaverings and the bile of Sickbag merely serve the purpose of confirming our innate superiourity over those ridiculous fools. I'd hate to see them go, although Mr Romanov has decreed it must be so in Feb, so who am I too argue?

Relaxxx... grab that second cup of Earl Grey and join Bobby on his Zen trip...

I'm with you there, a wee splash of milk in the EG for me please - yes, he annoys me and gets me telling the radio to STFU, but ach well, its hardly war crimes he's committing, and his childish taunting more often than not comes back to slap him in the face (a la yesterday!). I personally like having the pet jambos you love to hate! Not much more than football banter, which he sees through heavily maroon tinted specs, and I see through green ones IMO.

squire
10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Its sad to say I was getting more and more annoyed with the clown and his belly aching jokes but wee Chicko wasnt taking his guff, my favourite bit was:

Preston "1902 blah blah the Boer War was still going on blah blah blah"
Chick "the Boer War? More like the bore war with you Preston. You've been boring since 1902!"

Classic from the wee bluenose, goan urself Chicko