PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of getting Barr before he's cup tied?

Hibbyradge
09-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't know how strongly we're pushing to get Darren Barr this window, but if we do want him, surely we need to get him signed up before he plays against Killie?

I'm guessing he'd want that too.

Falkirk's game at Killie has been postponed. When till?

Toaods
09-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Eddie May is holding out quite well but can't see Barr being picked in the Cup, that would reduce any value to a club in Scotland buying him and as Aberdeen and us are allegedly in the frame it would be daft.

Expect him to miss the game thorugh 'a slight strain' or something of that ilk.

Hibbyradge
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Eddie May is holding out quite well but can't see Barr being picked in the Cup, that would reduce any value to a club in Scotland buying him and as Aberdeen and us are allegedly in the frame it would be daft.
Expect him to miss the game thorugh 'a slight strain' or something of that ilk.

True, unless May wants to hold on to him till the summer.

They are fighting relegation so any compensation they get for Barr at this stage would be paltry compared to what they would lose by being relegated.

hibbie02
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
.......assuming we get past the mighty Medda...................:wink:

Golden Bear
09-01-2010, 11:36 AM
I still think something might happen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8447408.stm

hibsbollah
09-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I still think something might happen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/8447408.stm

I saw that report, a typically ridiculous headline, if you read what was said there was no criticism of Hibs at all from May:rolleyes:

Bob Box Fish
09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Is he really that good and worth all the fuss?

When I have watched him against us or falkirk on the telly I can't say he has ever caught my eye.

We have managed to find other full backs in the past such as ulrik Laureen and David Murphy I am sure there will be plenty more out there.

HibeeJoxy
09-01-2010, 12:03 PM
May slams Hibs and Dons over Barr

May doesn't mention Hibs or Dons in his quotes, what he says is "I have a problem when clubs talk about swap deals when they haven't reached agreement with Darren"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we haven't been reported as offering swap deals for Darren and actually made a good offer earlier in the session, which they rejected? So why does this journalist title his article Hibs and Dons?

I have been impressed by the way Hibs have gone about their business in the transfer market (especially since Yogi arrived), this whole situation with Darren is turning into a joke and this article is slanderous IMO

fiolex1
09-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I know it's a knock-out competition and you can't represent more than 1 club, but do you not think now with there only being two transfer windows that being cup tied should still apply

holyrood hibbie
09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble but I heard Barr told us to take a running hike. If he signs before January i will be suprised.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2010, 12:57 PM
To be honest, I am getting really fed up with this story. If Yogi wants a player for his position, then let's go and look elsewhere. If Yogi wants this boy in particular, then we should go and ask for a price and then give them a take it or leave it offer. That is how we dealt with the OF for all of our players. All the fannying around is getting tedious. Like the drawn out garbage we got with their Italian keeper, and when he went to Belgium it turned out that he was never coming here in the first place.:grr: