PDA

View Full Version : Cregg at RB

Cocaine&Caviar
09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Got speaking to a Falkirk fan last night, and he was shocked at the little game time that Cregg has recieved. He has played a few games at RB for Falkirk and all his youth caps came in that position aparentley, worth a look considering our strength in midfield, and lack of RBs?

Obviously no one knows Cregg's strengths better than the Manager, but hes capable of playing right midfield, and is ideally a defensive midfielder, so Right Back might not be too much of an adjustment.

Bob Box Fish
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Was he not given a 6 month contract? If so he should be offski soon.

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
One year contract. But the talk at the time was that he would be so good that Yogi would be wanting to extend his contract by this stage of the season.

Hibee_Lisa
09-01-2010, 10:32 AM

I have saw quite alot of people mention that but the bbc state he was given a 2 year contract not sure if that is correct though.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8125368.stm

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I have saw quite alot of people mention that but the bbc state he was given a 2 year contract not sure if that is correct though.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8125368.stm
The BBC does not always get it right, unfortunately. :wink:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Hughes-Cregg-in-for.5412866.jp

JOHN HUGHES today revealed how new signing Patrick Cregg believes he's in for the long haul at Easter Road despite signing only a one-year contract.

The out-of-contract Falkirk midfielder became Hughes' first signing as he teamed up with his former manager again in Edinburgh, the Hibs boss predicting the Irish star will quickly win himself a new army of fans.

The former Arsenal kid was actually offered a two-year deal by Hughes, a second season dependent on him making a certain number of appearances.

But Cregg turned it down, telling Hughes: "Come Christmas you'll be pulling me into your office wanting to tie me up again."

And that, Hughes insisted, was a measure of the "hunger and determination" burning within the former Bairns midfielder.

The Hibs boss said: "I like things to be incentive-based, I want to keep my players hungry as some get a contract and put the tools away.

"To be fair to Patrick, there was another year for him in terms of appearances made in his first season. But it was Patrick who said to give him a year because he believes that by Christmas I'll be wanting him to sign an extension, he has that hunger and determination in him."

EEN - 30 June 2009

Hibee_Lisa
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
The BBC does not always get it right, unfortunately. :wink:

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/-Hughes-Cregg-in-for.5412866.jp

EEN - 30 June 2009

I stand corrected. :greengrin

Tyler Durden
09-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I think Cregg could definitely cope with playing RB and would be a better option than McCormack. He's got the tenacity, energy and ball control.

Personally I'm disappointed he hasn't been given a chance ahead of Rankin in midfield but I still think he could still do a good job for Hibs and why not at RB when we're struggling for options.

allezsauzee
09-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I find it a bit strange that Yogi hasn't given him more game time. Its not as if he signed him as an unknown quantity. I'd have him in midfield alongside Miller and Mcbride but it would be interesting to see him given a go at RB with Wotherspoon pushed into right midfield. He's certainly got the engine to get up and down the flank.

jacomo
09-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I think Cregg could definitely cope with playing RB and would be a better option than McCormack. He's got the tenacity, energy and ball control.

Personally I'm disappointed he hasn't been given a chance ahead of Rankin in midfield but I still think he could still do a good job for Hibs and why not at RB when we're struggling for options.

Rankin's been asked to deputise for McBride in midfield, and sit back a bit. From what I've seen of Cregg (not much, admittedly), he wouldn't be suited to that role, as he tends to charge around getting "involved".

Not sure he's the best technically, but I would like to see him at RB. Surprised he wasn't involved against Hearts - maybe playing RM? Would have given us some bite - fighting fire with fire, if you like.

Jim Herriot
09-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I stand corrected. :greengrin

http://www.ir-rs.si/en/imagelib/medium/prosthesis/slika1.jpg

monktonharp
09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Rankin's been asked to deputise for McBride in midfield, and sit back a bit. From what I've seen of Cregg (not much, admittedly), he wouldn't be suited to that role, as he tends to charge around getting "involved".

Not sure he's the best technically, but I would like to see him at RB. Surprised he wasn't involved against Hearts - maybe playing RM? Would have given us some bite - fighting fire with fire, if you like.I asked Rankin to do something today,as I watched him being subbed,from my vantage point high in the FF stand, hey Rankin,go up the tunnel,quick bath and get the next bus to take you hame tae Glesga cos yer pish,canny pass canny tackle and canny score fi' 1 yard,never mind 40:grr: on the other hand,I thought Patrick Cregg played a first class cameo appearance today. never made a bad pass,got to grips with the game very early when he came on and made it simple,was never hurried and kept the ba' well. in fact ,one of the very few plusses,from a terrible performance today!

algraydog
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Think Cregg, Lewis and Benji did pretty well today. Things got much better when they appeared:agree:

The Harp Awakes
09-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I liked cregg when he played with Falkirk and really thought he would have featured more with Hibs.

When he has played he's done well. Looked good today when he came on. A busy, tidy player and he deserves a run in the team.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2010, 01:01 AM
:top marks:top marks