PDA

View Full Version : Nish

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Unleash him today against Medda and the goals will flow.

Sprouleflyer
09-01-2010, 10:15 AM

For Medda? :devil:

Toaods
09-01-2010, 10:17 AM

I'd like to see him and Benji getting the full 90 minutes.

Stokes and Deek on the bench unless required - no need for any daft bookings that mights cost us dear later in the tournament.

:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
09-01-2010, 10:18 AM
The slippery conditions are made for him. We need mobile players with balance and poise who can stay on their feet.

Sprouleflyer
09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
The slippery conditions are made for him. We need mobile players with balance and poise who can stay on their feet.

:faf::faf::faf:

Expecting Rain
09-01-2010, 10:31 AM

:tsk tsk:

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Stokes and Deek on the bench unless required - no need for any daft bookings that mights cost us dear later in the tournament.

Benji starting a match in -5C temperatures. :hmmm: Would prefer Byrne with Benji coming on for the last 30 minutes.

Agree about protecting key players from the risk of injuries and yellow cards. :agree:

Toaods
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Benji starting a match in -5C temperatures. :hmmm: Would prefer Byrne with Benji coming on for the last 30 minutes.

I seem to remember him excelling in blizzard conditions at Hampden...:wink:

That aside, he's far too skilled for these guys and due a wee break in terms of decent game time. Today is a good chance to give a bit of a boost to those who are on the fringes of the first team.

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I seem to remember him excelling in blizzard conditions at Hampden...:wink:

I recall it was about 5 degrees warmer on that great afternoon. :greengrin

Benji does need more game time though.

vanNISHtelroy
09-01-2010, 11:26 AM

A chance to see how Bambi copes with the slippy conditions?

bigstu
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM

deeks needs to start getting some goals & we don't want to interupt Stokes scoring run, so i'd start them both :agree:

MacBean
09-01-2010, 12:35 PM
:agree:

just stuck a 5er on him to get a hat trick at the bookies 11/2

HFC 0-7
09-01-2010, 01:30 PM
:agree:

just stuck a 5er on him to get a hat trick at the bookies 11/2

That sterrible odds, willy hills online offering 20/1 for a nish hatrick. 20/1 for a riordan hatrick and 100/1 for a liam miller hatrick

MacBean
09-01-2010, 02:13 PM
That sterrible odds, willy hills online offering 20/1 for a nish hatrick. 20/1 for a riordan hatrick and 100/1 for a liam miller hatrick

I know i was expecting odds like that. However i went to Ladbrokes this morning and that was the odds quoted to me! i thought they were shocking odds if you ask me. Then again i was putting them on at a bookies in gorgie!

IWasThere2016
09-01-2010, 02:36 PM

AND PACE FFS!!! :grr:

:wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
09-01-2010, 02:37 PM
WAKE UP AND GET GOING HIBS FFS!!! :grr:

edit - Oooops wrang thread!

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Willy Hills had Stokes hat-trick at 12-1 then when i went in to the stadium to put my bets on b4 the game he was only 5-1 with ladbrokes :grr: deeks was 11-2 but 20-1 with WH. The old boy on the desk in the stadium kindly informed me that 'William Hills have been sniffing glue this morning son' :agree: I stuck on 6-0, 7-0, 7-1, Stokes Hat-trick and Hibs to score more than 5.....oops. Most frustrating thing is I turned round to my mate(who was putting on equally stupid bets)and said 'I bet you we only win 3-0' :grr: nitemare.

And Nish managed to miss from ONE YARD out as well as missing a sitter immediately after Zoumas goal.

H18sry
09-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Aye another masterclass from the bigman today :faf::faf:

keep the faith
09-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Aye another masterclass from the bigman today :faf::faf:

He was out of his depth against irvine meadow today.

I know he has his admirers here, but there is no way he is good enough for Hibs. No way.

hibsbollah
09-01-2010, 09:35 PM

Agree about protecting key players from the risk of injuries and yellow cards. :agree:

Its becoming a bit tiresome repeating this but;

Benji has a better goalscoring record in the winter months (see the 2006/7 season especially) than in Spring/Summer, and even when hes not scored he (and Zemmama) have both had good all round performances when its been baltic.

The Moroccans not coping with the cold weather is a myth.

BEEJ
09-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Its becoming a bit tiresome repeating this but;

Benji has a better goalscoring record in the winter months (see the 2006/7 season especially) than in Spring/Summer, and even when hes not scored he (and Zemmama) have both had good all round performances when its been baltic.

The Moroccans not coping with the cold weather is a myth.
And it's not a 'myth' that I tend to promote either. However...

Benji has often appeared to struggle to motivate himself for a match even when the temperature is 15C. So at -5C it would have been even more of an ask to expect him to start.

500miles
09-01-2010, 11:19 PM
He was garbage, but he wasn't the worst offender in terms of taking the Meadow challange too lightly. Riordan, Hanlon and Zemmama were as bad or worse for that today, and goals from the latter two don't do anything to hide that. If every player turned up at at least 70% running capacity, then we would have skelped them. Instead, Riordan was invisible, Nish was half hearted, Hanlon was lax and Zemmama thought he could run around them like training cones.

Next weeks training should be as hard as they've ever faced.

Liberal Hibby
09-01-2010, 11:31 PM
He was out of his depth against irvine meadow today.

I know he has his admirers here, but there is no way he is good enough for Hibs. No way.

Sorry you're wrong he is definitely Hibs class.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
10-01-2010, 12:21 AM
His 1 in 6 score ratio aint good enough.

I'd phone up Utd and see if they'd do a deal for Goodwillie, that's an exciting player.

whiskyhibby
10-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Nish was absolutely Crap today, in fact some of the MEDDA front players were better...................Benji should have been on sooner:grr::grr:

keep the faith
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Sorry you're wrong he is definitely Hibs class.

well not the hibs I want to see then.

Saorsa
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Unleash him today against Medda and the goals will flow.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:faf::faf::faf:

Expecting Rain
10-01-2010, 09:05 AM
The only positive thing Nish could take out of this match was that he couldn`t play any worse, he allows himself to be bullied by every centre half he plays against, as for Benji he did nothing to suggest that he would improve things when he came on.

EasterRoad4Ever
10-01-2010, 09:12 AM
One of the worst games I've seen from Nish in a Hibs strip. Looked like a man who was not under pressure of losing his place in the team :grr:

Killiehibbie
10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
I know i was expecting odds like that. However i went to Ladbrokes this morning and that was the odds quoted to me! i thought they were shocking odds if you ask me. Then again i was putting them on at a bookies in gorgie!

That's why these robbers make millions. You should've politely declined their miserable odds as even if it came up you were on a bad value bet.