PDA

View Full Version : Media Derek Riordan - Goal Machine

Billy McKirdy
08-01-2010, 11:53 PM
A wee reminder of what Deek can do for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xoY1sk7L3g

I canny believe he's not scored since November mind.
Hope he bags a few today :greengrin:greengrin

California-Hibs
09-01-2010, 12:39 AM
The best so far this season was his strike against St Mirren, what a cracker! :thumbsup:
Mind you the one against Motherwell wasnt bad, and St Johnstone, oh and the two strikes against Falkirk, ah WHAT A PLAYER! :thumbsup:

mully_bear
09-01-2010, 12:47 AM
A wee reminder of what Deek can do for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xoY1sk7L3g

I canny believe he's not scored since November mind.
Hope he bags a few today :greengrin:greengrin
not really that surprising as hes being played out of position at left mid. a position he is trying his best at but he is a striker nothing else. Even when up front he still drifts to the left anyway but if he does that then cuts inside then he wil have a player who actually plays left midfield flying down the wing.

when he plays up front he scores goals re: his first spell at the club.

we NEED a left midfielder (if yogi doesnt think galbraith is good enough)

the riordan & stokes partnership needs time to gel n a 4-4-2.

i dont really care how many forward we have at our disposal or if nish and benji are both on the bench, these 2 should play up front in a 4-4-2 every week. if its not working then change things around.

looks like stokes will get 20 goals this year, deeks up front is always likely to get 20. (provided hes playing in a good time, which he is at the moment.

KWJ
09-01-2010, 06:22 AM
I reckon he was playing the same position first time round under Mowbray really. O'Connor up front with Deek and another playing off him with Deek usually hugging the left.

brydekirk
09-01-2010, 07:16 AM
I reckon he was playing the same position first time round under Mowbray really. O'Connor up front with Deek and another playing off him with Deek usually hugging the left.

similar position, but when deeks looses the ball, he has no protection until the backline.

Cocaine&Caviar
09-01-2010, 10:22 AM
A big difference in the Left hand role that Derek played under Mowbray, and the current one, is that the ball stuck to GOC a lot better than Stokes, not a dig, just a different sort of player...

Sprouleflyer
09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
A big difference in the Left hand role that Derek played under Mowbray, and the current one, is that the ball stuck to GOC a lot better than Stokes, not a dig, just a different sort of player...

:agree: GOC was a decent target man and could play with his back to the defence, Stokes can't, he needs balls palyed through the channels for him to run onto.

Nish is probably the only "target" player we have and does a decent job when he stays on his feet!!!

Billy McKirdy
09-01-2010, 11:51 PM
:agree: GOC was a decent target man and could play with his back to the defence, Stokes can't, he needs balls palyed through the channels for him to run onto.

Nish is probably the only "target" player we have and does a decent job when he stays on his feet!!!

He was posted missing today as far as I could tell...not one of his best games methinks.:bitchy::bitchy: