PDA

View Full Version : Kid's First Game tomorrow

FatPat
08-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Decided to take my kids to their first game tomorrow (5 yr old twins boy & girl) and they are over the moon - they've been badgering me for weeks to go to a game.

Only problem is the freakin weather - just have to wrap them up tight and teach them the Hibees Bounce. Might be their first experience of Bovril as well. :greengrin

So if all those in the Famous 5 could the atmosphere up with the signing I think it could be a good day.

I need a good day to cheer me up as my dad passed away this week and we decided this is the best thing to cheer us up and to get life back to normal.

So Glory Glory and lets have a good one

Hiber-nation
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Decided to take my kids to their first game tomorrow (5 yr old twins boy & girl) and they are over the moon - they've been badgering me for weeks to go to a game.

Only problem is the freakin weather - just have to wrap them up tight and teach them the Hibees Bounce. Might be their first experience of Bovril as well. :greengrin

So if all those in the Famous 5 could the atmosphere up with the signing I think it could be a good day.

I need a good day to cheer me up as my dad passed away this week and we decided this is the best thing to cheer us up and to get life back to normal.

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate. Just get 5 layers of clothes on the wee yins, be prepared for a few toilet visits - you can see all the goals on telly later :thumbsup:

Hope you all have a great day.

FatPat
08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Cheers Mate

Being a Hibby we all know you've got to look on the brightside of life and get used to the hard knocks and dissapointments that life throws at you.

I wasn't going to go incase other people thought it inappropriate so soon after my dad passing, but I feel that it's what my dad would have wanted as he loved the Hibs and prior to his illness he had been asking them when they were going to go to their first game.

So as long as we dont get beat I intend to have a great day out as my mum has insisted that after the game we all rush down to her house to let the kids show off their strips and to tell her about their first match.

Hiber-nation
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Cheers Mate

Being a Hibby we all know you've got to look on the brightside of life and get used to the hard knocks and dissapointments that life throws at you.

I wasn't going to go incase other people thought it inappropriate so soon after my dad passing, but I feel that it's what my dad would have wanted as he loved the Hibs and prior to his illness he had been asking them when they were going to go to their first game.

So as long as we dont get beat I intend to have a great day out as my mum has insisted that after the game we all rush down to her house to let the kids show off their strips and to tell her about their first match.

Doasnae matter what others think, he would have wanted you to be there with the kids I'm sure. The day after my Mum passed away we were at home to herts and I know she would have been raging if I'd considered not going along with my son. That was the day O'Connor scored in the 90th minute so I'm sure she had a wee hand in that :wink:

greenlex
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your Dad mate.
My first game was a SC tie where we thrashed a team. It wasn't yesterday right enough but have never looked back. I am sure they will enjoy it.

1875godsgift
08-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Cheers Mate

Sorry to hear about your dad but you're doing him proud by taking the kids along to ER. Think you've picked a good one, should be some goals and a good atmosphere!
Took my wee boy aged 6 to his first match last summer, cup tie against Brechin City. Enough goals to keep him entertained and a trip to the shop first, he loved it! Favourite line " Dad, these spotlights are really bright "
" Well stop staring at them then! ". Brought back memories of my first time at ER!

BroxburnHibee
08-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your Dad mate.
My first game was a SC tie where we thrashed a team. It wasn't yesterday right enough but have never looked back. I am sure they will enjoy it.

Thrashed a team in the cup!!! :confused:

Didn't think you were THAT old Alex :greengrin

jpt11
08-01-2010, 10:14 PM

Sorry about your dad!!! I've take the boy to various games from when he was 4 including scotland Iceland. Tomorrow you will probably feel like you're in Iceland. The wife got me a halfy for my Birthday and for the wee boys christmas and it's been baultic, but not as cold as it will be tomorrow. Would have gone tomorrow If I wasnt working. This is what i've picked up.... Thermals is a must and plenty of Sweets, Crisp and Juice (hibs kids bag is pretty good for carrying stuff in)dinae buy juice fae the bovril bar £1.20 for a normal carton of capri sunny (only reason I did that was I was in a rush to get to the rangers game and didnae have time to arrange supplies)... don't go too early as they'll get bored. Don't let them open juice right away or you'll be at the toilets constantly. It is amazing taking them to the game, wee fella is footy dafty... dunno how many times a ball has nearly gone through the telly box in the hoose!!!

Enjoy!!!!! :wink:

greenlex
08-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Thrashed a team in the cup!!! :confused:

Didn't think you were THAT old Alex :greengrin
8-1 IIRC. A north east team too. :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
08-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Im taking my laddies pal with us tomorrow for his first Hibs game.
He had Rangers leanings but i'm hoping to convert him.
Promised him he would see plenty goals:greengrin
Im right behind the dug out tomorrow and i cannae wait to see Hughes in action:greengrin

FatPat
08-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks everyone

Yeah going to make the most of it and to enjoy it.

It's started to bring back the memories of my dad taking me to my first games - we used to go the the main stand lower section down the slope nearest the Famous Five end. I remeber getting lift overs at the turnstiles - no seats - the noise the excitment and the joy of doing something special with my dad. In those days even the excitment of the pubs being heavin and having to sneak into get a juice or a couple of bob to get sweeties or something. Standing about outside the dressing rooms trying to get a glimpse of our heroes like Stanton - Cropley - Schaedler etc

Don't get me wrong I think he'd been to about 5 games in the last 8 years - but once a hibby always a hibby.

FatPat
08-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Im even taking them to the Hibs Club for their first experience of that as well

:cheers:

FatPat
09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Well got the wee ones to the game and wasnt as cold as we thought - mind you had about 3 layers of clothes on at least

Hibs club was fine they enjoyed that and dad enjoyed the dizzy water

The game was OK but I did think we were going to go out in humiliation in the first 10 mins.

But normal service was resumed and enjoyed it in the end

One of the highlights of the day was my wee 5 yr old telling a guy behind us "Hey don't boo the Hibees"

He's got a lot to learn

My wee girl though was dissapointed she wanted to know why we didn't score every 10 minutes - i felt the same

Cheers