PDA

View Full Version : FAO Bathgate, Livingston and Uphall Based Hibby's

Sylar
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Just checked for tomorrow, and there are no trains running from Bathgate to Edinburgh tomorrow.

Just a wee heads up for anyone who was intending to take the train.

I believe there is a replacement bus service.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Just checked for tomorrow, and there are no trains running from Bathgate to Edinburgh tomorrow.

Just a wee heads up for anyone who was intending to take the train.

I believe there is a replacement bus service.

Just out of interests sake, why should this be? Surely the railways can keep this stretch of line open?

Sylar
08-01-2010, 07:52 PM
They're doing engineering works between Haymarket and Bathgate - not weather related.

tony higgins
09-01-2010, 01:30 AM
Have the people of Bathgate been warned of the impending invasion from the West with the new Airdrie - Bathgate railway line ready to open this year.
Heard the weegies have been stockpiling equipment at a bases in the West such as Belgrove and Shettleston stations waiting for the big push next winter.

Aw rite ya fandans, geez yur trainers.

:flying:

:lurksub:

Grizz
09-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Have the people of Bathgate been warned of the impending invasion from the West with the new Airdrie - Bathgate railway line ready to open this year.
Heard the weegies have been stockpiling equipment at a bases in the West such as Belgrove and Shettleston stations waiting for the big push next winter.

Dinnae worry, they have the fire hoses and Cillit Bang at the ready :wink:

Gatecrasher
09-01-2010, 08:32 AM

It's no bad we will chase them out of town with bars of soap and our ability to throw these really far :greengrin

Scooter
09-01-2010, 09:47 AM
the line was closed the last 2 days due to a points failure (frozen) at newbridge. this weekend and every weekend in Jan including 1 & 2 feb the line will be closed for maintanance. this is for the line getting ready for electicifcation.

there are bus replacements.

on the plus side for me. i have less work this weekend now its closed:thumbsup:

NGP
09-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Livi South Trains are running fine at the moment. 12.46 or 13.12 into Edinburgh / 17.52 or 17.55 return - do not get 18.03 train - takes forever.

NGP
09-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Livi South Trains are running fine at the moment. 12.46 or 13.12 into Edinburgh / 17.52 or 17.55 return - do not get 18.03 train - takes forever.

Looks like 12.46 train is cxld, 13.12 still running

tony higgins
09-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Why are the trains always packed nowadays.

The Queen St - Waverley train going, packed.

The Livi South, Shotts and backend of the world train coming back, packed.