PDA

View Full Version : Robson and Caldwell for 1.5 m, Fudd and Killen on loan to Boro

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Not such a bad deal for the little Ginger Hibby. Robson is worth 1.5 m, so Caldwell must be worth around zero. Would love to see him go to Wigan, basically because 'the ball-playing centre-half' would provide endless entertainment trying to cope with EPL forwards. (Or at least for two games before he was launched.)

ancient hibee
08-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Why does he want Killen?He never played him when he was at Parkhead.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Perhaps he'll have him on a pay-per-play deal, which might get him off the treatment table.

TornadoHibby
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Why does he want Killen?He never played him when he was at Parkhead.

Probably because he thinks that as Killen will want to secure a WC spot for New Zealand he will be working his socks off to play as well as he can up until then and we know that when he plays, Killen is a decent striker who scores a decent amount of goals! :agree: :wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
08-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Any further talk of Mowbray being interested in David Wheater as his dominant centre back? Was talk of it a few months back in the Sun I believe.

Part/Time Supporter
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
not greggs (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/8447259.stm)

Seems a bit odd for Celtic, it reduces a lot of their squad depth and Caldwell has arguably been their best centre half (that probably says more about Loovens and McManus). Unless their finances are tighter than they've been letting on.

:hmmm:

Part/Time Supporter
08-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Any further talk of Mowbray being interested in David Wheater as his dominant centre back? Was talk of it a few months back in the Sun I believe.

If Wheater leaves Boro, it would be to a relatively big English club (ie Spurs / Villa). He would be far too expensive for Celtic.

Hainan Hibs
08-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Gary "hands up" Caldwell will be found out when his hailing a taxi routine fails with linesmen not affected by bias towards the Old Firm.

Brando7
08-01-2010, 08:34 PM
not greggs (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/8447259.stm)

Seems a bit odd for Celtic, it reduces a lot of their squad depth and Caldwell has arguably been their best centre half (that probably says more about Loovens and McManus). Unless their finances are tighter than they've been letting on.

:hmmm:

caldwell want more cash n celtic dont think he's worth it so punting him now rathan than for nothing

rest of them are dead wood & would think TM is freeing up some wages for new faces

stubru59
08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Have quoted this before and will quote it again. Caldwell, as Bobby Robson pointed out whilst at Newcastle, is too small to be a centre half, and too slow to be a full-back.

That about sums him up, so can only assume he is the freebie in this deal.

Winston Ingram
08-01-2010, 09:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/8447259.stm

Very surprised.

1stly that someone would pay any cash for Caldwell and and 2ndly that they are willing to sell Robson:confused:

Bostonhibby
08-01-2010, 09:27 PM
caldwell?boro? sh*t beaten to it again, I was going to offer £5.39 an hour to cut my grass, well done strapon, gazumped me, and he will become a legend at boro during the season they dont get up :faf:

I am assuming the Robson in question is Bryan Robson which is another sure fire short term way to keep the long suffering Middlesborough fans on side.

Bostonhibby
08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Not such a bad deal for the little Ginger Hibby. Robson is worth 1.5 m, so Caldwell must be worth around zero. Would love to see him go to Wigan, basically because 'the ball-playing centre-half' would provide endless entertainment trying to cope with EPL forwards. (Or at least for two games before he was launched.)

good summation DBS - its a different world down here / there and pitching Caldwell into it is something I am looking forward to seeing - the prospect of him moving down never arose till strachan moved and you have to ask yourself - have all the middle rankiing English clubs missed something or has Strachan helped Boro (who I have a lot of time for) lower their expectations by seemingly landing this major coup now?

Caldwell? not Hibs class.

Alex Trager
08-01-2010, 11:43 PM
'boro have had a bid accepted by the tic for caldwell and robson