PDA

View Full Version : Would this team win the current SPL . . .

Bob Box Fish
08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I work in South Yorkshire where most of the people I work with support Leeds, Man Utd or Liverpool. A few of the workers have shown an interest in Hibs and look out for our results now as they know I travel up for as many games as I can. I'm always asked the question - can Hibs ever win the league? At present the answer is no, however, whilst taking 2h + to drive into work today I put together a team from the last few years who I think would win the CURRENT SPL:

Manager= T.Mowbray

Formation = 3-5-2 (interchangeable)

GK= D.Anderson
RWB= S.Whittaker
LWB= D.Murphy
CB= S.Bamba
CB= R.Jones
SWP= F.Sauzee (Captain)
Hole= R.Latapy
CM= M.Stewart
CM= S.Brown
CF= D.Riordan
CF= A.Stokes

Subs:

Szamaltolski
K.Thomson
S.Fletcher
I.Murray
I.Sproule
C.Killen

I like JH but he is yet to win against Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and Dundee UTD. Big Eck was a good shout as was JC but TM was my favourite Hibs manager- wins at tynie, ibrox, parkhead and a hoo doo buster at east end park.

What do other posters think?

Mikey
08-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Swap the manager for McLeish when he first came to the club. The rest looks good :cool2:

Beefster
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I'd have McLeish as manager, Katie in for Stewart and possibly Fletcher in for Riordan. Either way, if we had that squad every week, we'd win it at a canter.

.Sean.
08-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Big Garry would walk into my first XI :agree:

mjhibby
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I work in South Yorkshire where most of the people I work with support Leeds, Man Utd or Liverpool. A few of the workers have shown an interest in Hibs and look out for our results now as they know I travel up for as many games as I can. I'm always asked the question - can Hibs ever win the league? At present the answer is no, however, whilst taking 2h + to drive into work today I put together a team from the last few years who I think would win the CURRENT SPL:

Manager= T.Mowbray

GK= D.Anderson
RWB= S.Whittaker
LWB= D.Murphy
CB= S.Bamba
CB= R.Jones
SWP= F.Sauzee (Captain)
Hole= R.Latapy
CM= M.Stewart
CM= S.Brown
CF= D.Riordan
CF= A.Stokes

Subs:

Szamaltolski
K.Thomson
S.Fletcher
I.Murray
I.Sproule
C.Killen

I like JH but he is yet to win against Hearts, Rangers, Celtic and Dundee UTD. Big Eck was a good shout as was JC but TM was my favourite Hibs manager- wins at tynie, ibrox, parkhead and a hoo doo buster at east end park.

To be fair to yogi,two draws against hertz,a draw against utd and a draw at ibrox with just that poor show against rangers a few weeks back.Not a bad start i would say and i dont remember us having a 12 match unbeaten run under mowbray.

Speedy
08-01-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't think we'd win the league with that team

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 06:07 PM

Manager= T.Mowbray

GK= D.Anderson
RWB= S.Whittaker
LWB= D.Murphy
CB= S.Bamba
CB= R.Jones
SWP= F.Sauzee (Captain)
Hole= R.Latapy
CM= M.Stewart
CM= S.Brown
CF= D.Riordan
CF= A.Stokes

Subs:

Szamaltolski
K.Thomson
S.Fletcher
I.Murray
I.Sproule
C.Killen

I think you should remove that ginger tossers name from a team which has Sauzee and latapy in it:grr:

Judas Iscariot
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
I think you should remove that ginger tossers name from a team which has Sauzee and latapy in it:grr:

Aye..

Liam Miller, Kevin McBride and even that fud Katie are far better options than gingerbaws :rolleyes: