PDA

View Full Version : Hughes

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2010, 11:20 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8448259.stm

"I'm at Hibs, I'm enjoying it here, I've got work here and I owe it to the supporters to put that straight right now," said Hughes.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here for the next three or four years"

:notworthy:

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-01-2010, 11:23 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/8448259.stm

"I'm at Hibs, I'm enjoying it here, I've got work here and I owe it to the supporters to put that straight right now," said Hughes.

:notworthy:

I'll take that with a pinch of salt after what happened with McLeish. Glass half empty when managers speak like that imo

hibeeleicester
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM
I'll take that with a pinch of salt after what happened with McLeish. Glass half empty when managers speak like that imo

the difference is Hughes is we are his boyhood heroes.:agree:

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM

The thing is with Hughes every time he speaks you tend to believe it more than many other mangers. He is a very honest manager so would not think he would lie.

Hibby Kay-Yay
08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
the difference is Hughes is we are his boyhood heroes.:agree:

The thing is with Hughes every time he speaks you tend to believe it more than many other mangers. He is a very honest manager so would not think he would lie.

Which makes it more important that I do not believe him as it would be 10x worse if he were to leave :wink:

WestSideHibby
08-01-2010, 11:31 AM
GJP was going to be here as long as we wanted him...

Mowbray was going nowhere as he had unfinished work to do...

I hope Yogi has a bit more honesty/integrity than those two, time will tell I suppose...

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Well he stayed at Falkirk for 6 years, surely that says something :confused:

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
hibs are more than just a job to this man. GGTTH :thumbsup:

PerthHibby
08-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Yogi is stayingat Hibs, he is definitely not taking the the burnley job.:thumbsup:
Heard this today:agree:

iwasthere1972
08-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Well he stayed at Falkirk for 6 years, surely that says something :confused:

Nobody else wanted him. :wink:

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Nobody else wanted him. :wink:

Did we not when Mowbray, then Collins left?

basehibby
08-01-2010, 12:32 PM
:thumbsup: Hip Hip Hooray - well said Yogi. While I tend to take these statements with a pinch of salt, I get the sense that Hughes is talking from the heart and means every word he says. He's a Hibs fan and he is currently "living the dream". While, as he openly admits, he has other dreams, he seems to genuinely want to see this one right through to it's conclusion.

Refreshing words and sentiments in this day and age where money is the only god to so many in football, so :top marksto Yogi - thanks for puting that one to bed - will be drinking your health tonight :cheers::partyhibb:greengrin

Baw187
08-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Yogi is stayingat Hibs, he is definitely not taking the the burnley job.:thumbsup:
Heard this today:agree:

I'm not sure where ever you heard this from can be any more conclusive than this article, which came straight from he horses mouth !!

If folk don't believe Yogi coming out in the media and saying it, then I'm not sure your validation will change their scepticism!! :greengrin

"Not sure I believe Yogi when he said at that press conference that he doesn't want the Burnley job. But hold on, Perth Hibby has said it's true ! It must be then !!"

Just Jimmy
08-01-2010, 01:15 PM

not if the red wine comes out at this season end of year bash, and rod falls victim again :wink:

PerthHibby
08-01-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure where ever you heard this from can be any more conclusive than this article, which came straight from he horses mouth !!

If folk don't believe Yogi coming out in the media and saying it, then I'm not sure your validation will change their scepticism!! :greengrin

"Not sure I believe Yogi when he said at that press conference that he doesn't want the Burnley job. But hold on, Perth Hibby has said it's true ! It must be then !!"

Just thought i would post what I heard today, as there have been alot of doubters on here regarding Yogi's statement.
From what I was told today he will not be leaving Easter Rd, which i am delighted about.
Can't really say any more, trust me on this one:agree:

joe breezy
08-01-2010, 03:42 PM
not if the red wine comes out at this season end of year bash, and rod falls victim again :wink:

Can anyone divulge?

Baw187
08-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Just thought i would post what I heard today, as there have been alot of doubters on here regarding Yogi's statement.
From what I was told today he will not be leaving Easter Rd, which i am delighted about.
Can't really say any more, trust me on this one:agree:

Trust me, I do. Mainly because I saw a press conference from Yogi that corroborates it ! :thumbsup:

You may have some way to go with the doubters tho.:agree:

PaulSmith
08-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I quite like Hughes Barbour jacket with the Hibs badge woven into it...quite smart.

Littlest Hobo
08-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Great to here him say these things but let's be honest, if the right job came up then I'm sure he'd be offski, he'd be a fool if he didn't. In the mean time though I'm glad to here him go through the motions of saying he has a job to do and I'm 100% convinced he is being truthful. He's had a decent start so far for us but it's no gonne get any easier from here on in. Let's just hope we continue our good form and want to keep him as our manager! :wink::thumbsup:

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Trust me, I do. Mainly because I saw a press conference from Yogi that corroborates it ! :thumbsup:

You may have some way to go with the doubters tho.:agree:

:agree: too many douters. lately we have been asking whats happened to the atmosphere at er. IMO, same answer. some people are stuck in a rutt and are so negitive. without sounding like a yam, its about time we started to believe. we have a good manager,who is being backed by the board and a good team of players, with more quality to be added soon. whats the problem ?:confused:

Littlest Hobo
08-01-2010, 04:19 PM
:agree: too many douters. lately we have been asking whats happened to the atmosphere at er. IMO, same answer. some people are stuck in a rutt and are so negitive. without sounding like a yam, its about time we started to believe. we have a good manager,who is being backed by the board and a good team of players, with more quality to be added soon. whats the problem ?:confused:

I think we need a catch phrase mate, but no that one eh!:devil::faf:

Yer right in what ye say though.

random sub
08-01-2010, 06:38 PM

In Yogi we trust:notworthy:.............just now at least:greengrin