PDA

View Full Version : NHC Cardiff facing winding up order

Hibernian Verse
08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8448330.stm

Disappointing to see, they're a good club with a fair few Scots. Hope they get it sorted soon.

the_ginger_hibee
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Peter Ridsdale - 'nuff said.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
When will people learn Peter Risdale is not the man to run a football club.

First Leeds now Cardiff, hopefully Vlad brings him in to steady the ship over the road.

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 12:25 PM
My second team is Cardiff and if you speak to their fans this is something that as been around for a while just the press have got wind of it so it as been made more public. It is not good I want be yam about it. It does seem to be under some sort of control though maybe getting promoted will be good for the club but in other ways it way just but us back in the long run. There is also rumour of an investor from the middle east which I will not hold much hope out for.

joe breezy
08-01-2010, 12:30 PM
There must be a way around it I hope.

The club get much better TV money than we do and are regulary getting crowds of around 19000.

They've got a new stadium and must have got money from selling Ninian Park.

I don't know enough detail to expand but would be an attractive club for an investor, fingers crossed.

Pretty Boy
08-01-2010, 12:37 PM
My second team is Cardiff and if you speak to their fans this is something that as been around for a while just the press have got wind of it so it as been made more public. It is not good I want be yam about it. It does seem to be under some sort of control though maybe getting promoted will be good for the club but in other ways it way just but us back in the long run. There is also rumour of an investor from the middle east which I will not hold much hope out for.

This was Ridsdales' problem at Leeds though, he spent big and paid stupid wages on the assumption that Champions league football would be around every year to pay for it. 2 seasons of no CL football and a season of mid table mediocrity and the rest as they say is history. If you don't get promoted, a real possibilty, then where does that leave you?

If i remember rightly i'm pretty sure there was a lot of talk from Ridsdale at the time with that everything was under control, debts could be paid etc etc even as the team was being stripped of anyone with even a whiff of value.

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
This was Ridsdales' problem at Leeds though, he spent big and paid stupid wages on the assumption that Champions league football would be around every year to pay for it. 2 seasons of no CL football and a season of mid table mediocrity and the rest as they say is history. If you don't get promoted, a real possibilty, then where does that leave you?

If i remember rightly i'm pretty sure there was a lot of talk from Ridsdale at the time with that everything was under control, debts could be paid etc etc even as the team was being stripped with even a whiff of value.

All good points and if we don't go up this year a lot will go and I can see a fair few years fighting the drop. The thing is though we do have a lot of talent at the club that can attract money. McCormack, Ledley, Mathews, Chopra, Whittingham, Burke and Bothroyd have all been linked with moves away to the premiership.

joe breezy
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Burke has been playing brilliantly, I'm not sure why he doesn't play for Scotland, maybe they don't want good players, hopefully Levein will attand a Cradiff game at some point

Viva_Palmeiras
08-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Good job the football authorities are ensuring the sustainabilty of football clubs eh? (I note that sustainabilty was one of the questions in the SPL survey)

Have the authorities moved with the times now football is a business - how much do they know/care about finances?

If the boards/chairmen will not keep themselves in check who can the fans turn to? Should it not be the associations? Are they geared up for this? Don't they need to be?

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Is there any way we could get Risdale up to take over at Hearts? He seems to do a demolition job much more quickly than the Romanov's are managing. He seems very productive and efficient at what he does.

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Burke has been playing brilliantly, I'm not sure why he doesn't play for Scotland, maybe they don't want good players, hopefully Levein will attand a Cradiff game at some point

He says he does not want to play at the moment as the international brake is the only time he is able to see his children or child.

libernian
08-01-2010, 01:51 PM

yeah he always played well at hibs, i remember there was talk of us going for him before he went to wales. dunno how tho, bet hes on loadsa cash down there.

Rory89
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Much like Hibs and Hearts, surely Cardiff and Swansea should be much bigger clubs than they are in terms of their catchment area. With the exception of Wrexham, Cardiff and Swansea have a small country to themselves, surely you'd expect them to be regulars in the Premiership, compared to small places like Wigan with hundreds of teams around them.

P.S I know rugby is popular in Wales, but still.

KdyHby
08-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm glad that Risable has sunk this club

swim away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cOcgE2UME&feature=related

CropleyWasGod
08-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm glad that Risable has sunk this club

swim away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cOcgE2UME&feature=related

Splain? :confused:

allmodcons
08-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Even with the TV money, too many Championship clubs are spending beyond their means. Without TV money most of them would be f***ed.

Very sad for Cardiff fans though.

sambajustice
08-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Splain? :confused:

The legend goes that the Swansea casual element ran the Soul Crew in the water and they started swimming away to get away from the Swansea guys!